Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the C2M story, I can't believe that. If it's true I'll feel like such a sucker. Was almost in tears reading one of his blog posts.

I don't think it's true though, he has plenty of enemies. I've tweeted support to him a couple of times, surely he would have hit me up by now.

Also, the blog post I read had nothing in it that insinuated financial desperation, more mental desperation. Was raw. Too honest to be a grift I think.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If it weren't for RooneyDives I probably wouldn't have studied addiction. I was fascinated by his degen scamming schtick and the way he would take the money I would send him, short buy in at tables too high for the amount and just try to spin it like a maniac. This was well before he turned into a good tourney player. WhiteKnight ex of these parts is his brother ('for his sins' as he put it).

Comment

I was trying to remember who his bro was.

Comment

Link to blog post I mentioned..

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Don't have time or interest enough to read the grimness but the little I did see showed a lot of the schtick to be reminiscent of what Dan was up to, I hope for him and his family its not him.
              If there is substance to the allegations whoever it is won't walk away unscathed.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I wonder if the use of expiring passwords is one of the problems. As in maybe you are creating some of the issues by having a system that means people need to take shortcuts due to being simply unable to remember constantly changing passwords in a world full of other passwords, when just having sufficiently strong passwords in the first place might be more straightforward and avoid this issue.
                  Correct.Horse.Staple.Battery

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

There's a potential huge story there, thats why I mentioned it - I was contacted by someone. Let me use careful language and spoilers to explain:

SPOILER
                    Its that care-2-much on twitter (pro lockdown advocate) is roon-ey dives and his profile is all part of some scam attempts. i have my doubts to be honest, mainly as its not clear how his twitter profile helps with scamming people - in this case gullible damsels in distress.
                    I saw that bubbling away over the last few days.
                    crazy story
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

without giving too much away thats the password style they use in my current uni! Its amazing how memorable it is despite being really long.
                        It's not a new concept but interesting that it's not in wider use.

Comment

Cliffs on the whole RDves thing ? I clicked on the blog but its manic and I'm watching Blade runner after reading Harry Potter to the eldest . Need a beer in preparation for grim dreams tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            On the C2M story, I can't believe that. If it's true I'll feel like such a sucker. Was almost in tears reading one of his blog posts.

I don't think it's true though, he has plenty of enemies. I've tweeted support to him a couple of times, surely he would have hit me up by now.

Also, the blog post I read had nothing in it that insinuated financial desperation, more mental desperation. Was raw. Too honest to be a grift I think.
                            Possible chance he recognised you from you from here/poker/boards and didn't want to hit up someone who knows about his previous grifts? Also has tens of thousands of followers to work through.

Had a look on twitter about it and it seems before he became obsessed with Covid he was obsessed with MMA, Conor McGregor and John Kavanagh (same as the boards profile he used) it then went to him hating Conor and John (same as his boards profile he used). His boards profile used to post really long winded posts about MMA with some parts about his depression/struggles thrown in. He had the whole forum feeling bad for him.

Becomes obsessed with poker, gets good at it (I assume) makes friends/gets a following - grifts
                            Becomes obsessed with MMA, posts long detailed posts, gets a following - grifts
                            Becomes obsessed with Covid, posts long detailed posts, gets a following - grifts

Probably plenty more too.

Comment

Jesus, it seems it is him. Puke.

Comment

Jesus, it seems it is him. Puke.
                                If it's him, he seems to be able to get a nice following going in a very short period of time writing about different topics and in the world of substack etc. he could surely get some of those followers to part with their cash for something in return.

There would be no rush/sweat in that though.

Comment

Just checked and I still have my old attempted con pm from boards.

Originally posted by Requiem4adream
                                  hey m8
                                  Sorry for the random PM Have you got msn/yahoo messenger, was trying to get a favour done this evening just looking around for reputable non-jerks!!
                                  my msn is: redacted
                                  I didn't know what msn was.

Originally posted by Requiem4adream
                                  haha no worries. Messengers are just tools for chatting in real time with others. As opposed to sending a PMs back and forth here!!

Was hoping to try get a $250 cover on ipoker (Boyle Poker) with it being sent back on stars overnight. Probably be willing to pay $50 for the favour! Wasnt sure who to ask, so i've plumped for any comrades in the Lost & Poker forums
                                  Dan
                                  I don't think I'd have fallen for it, but what definitely sealed it was him and HJ had been arguing with each other in a thread about poker theory that week, and HJ had made some reference to Dan owing money.
                                  He's definitelty upped his game into long cons if what is being said is true.

Comment

Had a look through my boards pms for nostalgia, I had a near miss by looks of it. Something about an EPT entry c.2007 Remember having good bants with him so he certainly put in a bit of graft for the grift.
                                    Only read a bit of that blog and had to stop, harrowing stuff. Feel nothing but sorry for him picturing his existence and the horror show it must have been inside his own head.
                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Hard to feel sympathy for people who tweet about Irish politics on Twitter getting scammed, they seem to be of the I’m so smart type so good on him I say #justice4Req

Comment

Any indication that this is for big bucks either? It’s not like he hid the degen on those blog posts so if some clowns shipped something substantial then
                                        and if it’s for a few niftys then GTFO

Comment

where is the part that says he scammed people. His writing is quite profound, certainly feel for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                            Only read a bit of that blog and had to stop, harrowing stuff. Feel nothing but sorry for him picturing his existence and the horror show it must have been inside his own head.
                                            That's the thing though. It seems* to be all bullshit, part of the grift. He lives with his Mam in a penthouse. Which is depressing, but not pissing in a glass depressing.

*assuming it is in fact him.

Comment

Speaking of scams , King scammer himself Donald Trumps own dept of homeland security states it was the most secure election in history. What next Trumpyboy?
                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-11-20, 00:26.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                  where is the part that says he scammed people. His writing is quite profound, certainly feel for him.
                                                  Look up care2much on twitter.

Comment

This new alcohol barriers business is some bollix. And once this starts it's only going to get worse. I can't really imagine a government rolling back on something like this. The general public doesn't support it, but a small organised minority does.

When the idea of booze burkas was floated I thought it was a joke that could never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Farm on Hendrick FGS tonight Oleras?
                                                      Think its time to cop myself on now....
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        This new alcohol barriers business is some bollix. And once this starts it's only going to get worse. I can't really imagine a government rolling back on something like this. The general public doesn't support it, but a small organised minority does.

When the idea of booze burkas was floated I thought it was a joke that could never happen.

image widget
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Stopped reading after wearing the same jocks for 27 days. The likes of Doke whinging in his blog was happy enough taking a vig anyone in poker knows there is a risk lending money a big one. Talked to Dan back in the day even swapped small in tourneys a few times thought he was a grand lad. A lot worse things in this world you can be than a degenerate gambler.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

image widget
                                                            the barriers in local supermarkets. MUP pricing is next.

Comment

Supermarket barriers. Perhaps if they put some stools in there and a mini TV , the husbands can chill with a beer whilst the missus shops. Maybe a few nachos ?? No women between 2-4 would also be a good idea .

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                the barriers in local supermarkets. MUP pricing is next.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...-39737548.html
                                                                Ah, I'd noticed they'd put in barriers recently in my local Tesco. Did not know it was a legal requirement.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  Supermarket barriers. Perhaps if they put some stools in there and a mini TV , the husbands can chill with a beer whilst the missus shops. Maybe a few nachos ?? No women between 2-4 would also be a good idea .
                                                                  and a betting counter? they'll be raking it in!! *your alcohol corner, sponsored by PP*

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

and a betting counter? they'll be raking it in!! *your alcohol corner, sponsored by PP*
                                                                    Perfect. Might need a bouncer to keep out riff raff types . I'm willing to pay a cover charge .

Comment

Speaking of scams , King scammer himself Donald Trumps own dept of homeland security states it was the most secure election in history. What next Trumpyboy?
                                                                      good article in the NYT today on where his head is
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Counting just about done in AZ and GA, Hitch looks 100% now that AZ is smallest vote margin:

AZ = ~11k
                                                                        GA = ~14k
                                                                        WI = ~20k

And then onto the pointless recounts

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1680392&d=1605260050&type=thumb
                                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That's the thing though. It seems* to be all bullshit, part of the grift. He lives with his Mam in a penthouse. Which is depressing, but not pissing in a glass depressing.

*assuming it is in fact him.
                                                                            That would be almost worse in some ways, to invent a persona or narrative like that even semi-artificially to grift people would need a multi-level fucked up mindset.
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Mortgage approval in.

"This means you will pay back €1.65 on every €1 owed"

fucking gougers

Comment

I've been calling the kids grifters this morning. I'm using it now in place of little shits .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Mortgage approval in.

"This means you will pay back €1.65 on every €1 owed"

fucking gougers
                                                                                  Who'd you go with in the end and did you fix the rate?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Who'd you go with in the end and did you fix the rate?
                                                                                      PTSB, fixed for 3 years fixed, 3.67% APRC, 2.95% Interest.
                                                                                      2% cashback at drawdown, 2% each month
                                                                                      then leg it after the fixed period is up

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's not a new concept but interesting that it's not in wider use.

I picked my first ever password in primary school like this, still use it. The others have gotten weaker since then

Comment

Oooooh sweat engaged on Sung Jae Im for FRL for €2.5k. Be a nice start to the weekend

Comment

For the film fans who loved Train to Busan did any of you see the follow up Peninsula?
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Very strange that we were talking about RooneyDives/RequiemForADream this week, and now there's a thread with a victims advocate looking for details.
                                                                                                Did I miss something that happened that brought this story from 12 years ago to the fore?

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...e-been-scammed
                                                                                                Hey guys, I'm a blow in just literally here looking for scamming victims. I'll explain. He conned two women out of 70k. They came to me and so we started trying to find more victims etc and show a pattern of fraud and coercive behaviour. I'm up to about 17 people and €122k now. Three of the victims are going to the Gardai so far and the Garda Economic Bureau is linking the cases. If we can show more patterns and the amounts the chances of getting a conviction are higher. If anybody wants to talk to me about it I'm more than happy to. He's continuing the grift now on twitter. The blog posts are bullshit. I've been in the lovely 2 bed apartment he shares with his man, it's neither squalid or isolated. He's been threatening suicide to get people to part with money since at least 2009. I'm hunting about her 6 women victims I've been told of and I understand from DOK that you guys have been hit pretty extensively too. He needs to be stopped

Comment

He had thousands of people fooled

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

ah cool

Interestingly, Arizona law does not allow requested recounts and there is only scope to declare one if the margin is < 0.1%. So AZ is conclusively done. Another nail in the coffin.

Comment

Just glancing at the Masters there to see how my stupidly-named Americans are doing (not great, should have stuck with the ones from last year), two questions for the golf heads:
                                                                                                            1. does the course play easier at this time of year? Scoring seems extremely low whereas normally par seems a good score, most of the field seem to be under
                                                                                                            2. what's the deal with this deShampoo lad they keep talking about? Hardly seems revolutionary to pump some iron and whack the ball further as a result. Has nobody ever thought of this before? People almost seem to view it as a form of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindaokaythen View Post

Hey guys, I'm a blow in just literally here looking for scamming victims. I'll explain. He conned two women out of 70k. They came to me and so we started trying to find more victims etc and show a pattern of fraud and coercive behaviour. I'm up to about 17 people and €122k now. Three of the victims are going to the Gardai so far and the Garda Economic Bureau is linking the cases. If we can show more patterns and the amounts the chances of getting a conviction are higher. If anybody wants to talk to me about it I'm more than happy to. He's continuing the grift now on twitter. The blog posts are bullshit. I've been in the lovely 2 bed apartment he shares with his man, it's neither squalid or isolated. He's been threatening suicide to get people to part with money since at least 2009. I'm hunting about her 6 women victims I've been told of and I understand from DOK that you guys have been hit pretty extensively too. He needs to be stopped
                                                                                                              Look forward to the trial lawyer. Did you or did you NOT wear the same jocks for 27 days ?
                                                                                                              I DID.

Jury gasps - 2 wimmin faint.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                Just glancing at the Masters there to see how my stupidly-named Americans are doing (not great, should have stuck with the ones from last year), two questions for the golf heads:
                                                                                                                1. does the course play easier at this time of year? Scoring seems extremely low whereas normally par seems a good score, most of the field seem to be under
                                                                                                                2. what's the deal with this deShampoo lad they keep talking about? Hardly seems revolutionary to pump some iron and whack the ball further as a result. Has nobody ever thought of this before? People almost seem to view it as a form of cheating.
                                                                                                                Fair play to him. It's nearly his putting versus the rest pitching. A great advantage. Augusta playing easy. Langer 4 under . Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  I don't think it's difficult for the pro's.
                                                                                                                  Like Spieth won it -18, Tiger -13 last year. Looks like a similar winning score this year.

DeChambeau was unpopular to begin with because of slow play and a perceived attitude - if it was a different golfer doing what he is doing then it would probably be viewed as wonderful.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      For the film fans who loved Train to Busan did any of you see the follow up Peninsula?
                                                                                                                      Yeah, love Train to Busan, Peninsula not so much. It's a bit of a mess, feels like there wasn't a clear idea of what they wanted to do with it and ended up trying to throw a few too many ideas at the wall to see what would stick. It's not unwatchable, just not in the same league as the first.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I don't think it's difficult for the pro's.
                                                                                                                        Like Spieth won it -18, Tiger -13 last year. Looks like a similar winning score this year.
                                                                                                                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpions#By_year

DeChambeau was unpopular to begin with because of slow play and a perceived attitude - if it was a different golfer doing what he is doing then it would probably be viewed as wonderful.
                                                                                                                        Nah there are countless examples of how much of a an asshole he is. It’s mostly nothing to do with the beefing up why he is hated.

The main ones are abusing a cameraman for filming him saying he deserved privacy and him being filmed would ruin his image.

And the way he treated the rules official when he pumped two OB at The Memorial.

Then again over fire ants at the fed ex St Jude.

The chap was a knob when he could hit it 300, he’s a knob when he can hit it 350, not to mention the slow play and petulance consistently.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Look forward to the trial lawyer. Did you or did you NOT wear the same jocks for 27 days ?
                                                                                                                          I DID

Jury gasps - 2 wimmin faint.

28 including today

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X