X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Nope. Not even close.

Only 33 States and the District of Columbia have faithless elector laws. And of those not all the States have laws that compel a vote along State outcome lines.

So there's still plenty of scope for shenanigans even after certification.

Hillary Clinton being an Elector for New York is a fun tidbit.
    The market is currently pricing his chance of pulling it off at c. 10% realistically the real possibility must be a tiny fraction of that

I'm really confused by this, it just looks so clearly an opportunity to buy money that I must be missing something huge
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nope. Not even close.

Only 33 States and the District of Columbia have faithless elector laws. And of those not all the States have laws that compel a vote along State outcome lines.

So there's still plenty of scope for shenanigans even after certification.

Hillary Clinton being an Elector for New York is a fun tidbit.
      Ha no way. A lot of Reps are waiting on certification, then once that is sealed there will be widespread congrats to Biden. Trump is surrounding himself with the type that cant be trusted . It's all about self interest . For now they are just scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        The market is currently pricing his chance of pulling it off at c. 10% realistically the real possibility must be a tiny fraction of that

I'm really confused by this, it just looks so clearly an opportunity to buy money that I must be missing something huge
        In 2016 there was a popular vote loser who won the Electoral College but absolutely no suggestion at that time that the election was in any way unfair or invalid. Even so, 6 out of the 538 Electors voted faithlessly. Trump probably needs somewhere around 30 Electors to jump ship for him to win.

There's also a chance that some of the Electors jump from Biden for Bernie Sanders or Hillary or The Bald Eagles of America (think that one or something like it actually got a vote from Washington State in 2016) and leave neither Trump nor Biden with 270. In which case the election goes to a Congressional vote.

I have no idea how you price an event that has never happened and, for it to happen, would require a large number of independent events to all line up perfectly for Trump. I'm not sure you can price it as high as 10% but that's a gut instinct rather than based on any risk-analysis. But it's definitely a non-zero chance that the Electoral College changes the result.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In 2016 there was a popular vote loser who won the Electoral College but absolutely no suggestion at that time that the election was in any way unfair or invalid. Even so, 6 out of the 538 Electors voted faithlessly. Trump probably needs somewhere around 30 Electors to jump ship for him to win.

There's also a chance that some of the Electors jump from Biden for Bernie Sanders or Hillary or The Bald Eagles of America (think that one or something like it actually got a vote from Washington State in 2016) and leave neither Trump nor Biden with 270. In which case the election goes to a Congressional vote.

I have no idea how you price an event that has never happened and, for it to happen, would require a large number of independent events to all line up perfectly for Trump. I'm not sure you can price it as high as 10% but that's a gut instinct rather than based on any risk-analysis. But it's definitely a non-zero chance that the Electoral College changes the result.
          I see it as a tiny possibility - there's lots of things that are technically possible but practically impossible.

It's not even worth thinking about tbh.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Phase 2 of money making plan implemented - dump Biden winnings into AIB stock. Pity the fucking 25% leap in the previous two days before I could buy, but there we go.
            I'd wait for Brexit news myself...

Comment

That Doke blog is a tough read.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I see it as a tiny possibility - there's lots of things that are technically possible but practically impossible.

Is this a movie you guys are talking about ? Sounds very far fetched.

Comment

My wife and I welcomed a little girl to our family on Monday They are coming home today, quite excited about it. Not sure at all how our 2 year old boy is going to take it but will be interesting for sure. Let the sleepless nights recommence!

Comment

Youve made John Voight very angry.

Comment

I've a pair of Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones WF-1000XM3 for sale on adverts if anybody is on the lookout for a new pair of earphones, drop me a line if your interested,
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Youve made John Voight very angry.

Muhammad Ali would have found that utterly disgusting and incitement to hatred if he was alive and well.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

danloulou?
                          He had a big score there a couple months back $428,391 from a $33 satellite, story on PokerNews

Guest, have you gone beyond the first two seasons of the Slow Burn podcasts?

Season 3 is Biggie and Tupac
                          Season 4 does David Duke

Apparently Season 5 is coming in the Spring and does the lead-up to the Iraq War

Just seeing have you vetted these for my listening pleasure.
                          Note sure if Biggie & Tupac is up your alley but if you liked the previous seasons you'll probably like the story telling. I've still yet to start season 4 but am looking forward to it.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          My wife and I welcomed a little girl to our family on Monday They are coming home today, quite excited about it. Not sure at all how our 2 year old boy is going to take it but will be interesting for sure. Let the sleepless nights recommence!
                          Many congratulations on the new arrival to the family. Best wishes for y'all.

Comment

Has this been posted here before? It's astonishingly bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGwrpb_Sao

I would be sure it's a send-up, but there are too many famous people in it.

Comment

Has this been posted here before? It's astonishingly bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGwrpb_Sao

It's not half as bad as I was expecting

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That Doke blog is a tough read.
                                Sure is, brought a lot of memories back

Comment

Hitch, was it you who backed Georgia to be the tightest margin in the Prez race? AZ has actually gotten tighter (12k vs 14k) and GA lead keeps expanding as they go through the provisionals...

Comment

Need to sort out all my passwords... long due a cleanup... and tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      I use dead celebrities.

Comment

You know you're shite when an airport takes the piss:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It's not half as bad as I was expecting

Surprised hes not in the Dail...hes more coherent than the lobotmised HR "and and and and all dey want is to keep warum with with with a bitta turf"

Comment

Also @ HH

It may not be what you think.
                                              Conversation first to establish if theres an issue.
                                              Nuclear wont improve things long term.

Comment

Had a good laugh at that one Solks!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  I asked recently d turned onto lastpass as a solution.

Comment

That movie is interesting, the lad behind it has a couple of solid credits including Doubt which was very good and Moonlighting which won oscars.
                                                    Maybe he's trying to have it every way being pitched as a light piece of paddywhackery at the inhabitants of Trump's dumbfuckistan and at the same time some sort of meta comedy to everybody else.
                                                    I don't think there will be nearly enough laughs to carry me through it.

Comment

Comment

Lastpass is fanastic, however the premium version is worth getting.

Amazingly, Bitwarden offer all of the premium features of Lastpass except for free.

I am currently using both, aiming to fully migrate to Bitwarden next year and no longer pay lastpass' fees.

Comment

+1 for Lastpass premium.

I use it for work and personal stuff. You can share out passwords to family or co-workers too, handy little feature.

Annoyed that Logmein bought them as the annual sub tripled over two years .

EDIT: Bitwarden looks good and the "family" sub for 6x users is cheaper than my single user lastpass sub. Must give it a punt on the free tier first.
                                                          Last edited by coillcam; 11-11-20, 15:46.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I use NordVPN and I've been meaning to get a password manager for the last while and see they've now got a password manager also, thinking about firing up that or possibly LastPass.

Comment

Clicking the tweet seems to bring you to the thread, I can't seem to link it any better. Some of these are genius.

Comment

What the benefit of lastpass premium now? I had premium when you needed it for use on mobile, but now that seems to be included in the free version.

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit simple or missing something here but do people pay money just so you dont have to type in your passwords to websites or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Maybe I'm a bit simple or missing something here but do people pay money just so you dont have to type in your passwords to websites or whatever?
                                                                      Almost begs for some tech guy on here to hack all your accounts to show you the benefits of not using the same passwords for your online accounts. I'm really bad, I used to use the same one all the time, and still have it as a password in some places despite Google explicitly telling me it's been compromised.

Comment

Let there be no doubt, it's a killer. Can only imagine what that stats would have been if no collective action was taken.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Doesn't google just do all that password stuff now?

On VPN's etc has anyone figured out a way to get BBCiPlayer to cast to a chromecast here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            I'm just amazed there's people still typing in passwords all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Doesn't google just do all that password stuff now?

On VPN's etc has anyone figured out a way to get BBCiPlayer to cast to a chromecast here?
                                                                              Mine are almost all too similar at this stage and need updating so generate new ones and lock them up seems sensible

*Just to let hotspurs hacker know the one for here is nothing like the rest!
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 11-11-20, 19:23. Reason: *

Comment

If one was in the market for an Ooni pizza oven, which is the right one to get - the Koda or the Koda 16?

Comment

Excited for JOHN CALE AND LOU REED’S SONGS FOR ‘DRELLA and LOU REED’S BERLIN streaming live on NOVEMBER 13-19 and NOVEMBER 20-29 respectively, both recorded at St Anne's Warehouse in Brooklyn in 1989 and 2008.

Free of charge to all comers.

Comment

Brilliant news Paul, delighted for you all. Girls are great craic
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I use an anagram of my name followed by my ATM pin number.

Had to change the anagram recently, but use it on everything.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        I use an anagram of my name followed by my ATM pin number.

Had to change the anagram recently, but use it on everything.
                                                                                        It doesn't really matter how strong the password is that you use if you reuse that password. It is pretty likely that a site you use has been compromised at some stage or will be in the future exposing the password for everything.

Edit - The site is really slow again today.
                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 11-11-20, 21:25.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                printers, lads. printers. c'mon ta fck.
                                                                                                Tbh I doubt many have high volume lazer printers in their houses...was thinking of getting one recently myself (but less volume) and the cheap ones look like shit... wouldn't print enough to look at higher end

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                  Excited for JOHN CALE AND LOU REED’S SONGS FOR ‘DRELLA and LOU REED’S BERLIN streaming live on NOVEMBER 13-19 and NOVEMBER 20-29 respectively, both recorded at St Anne's Warehouse in Brooklyn in 1989 and 2008.

Free of charge to all comers.
                                                                                                  Kodi 16
                                                                                                  You need the size IMO, it really is a great bit of kit. NAke sure to get at least one peel from them as well it is critical.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-11-20, 22:14.

Comment

I've a friend works for one of the big players, how many sheets will you print in a month / year , He'll work out your best option in the morning based on that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      Lastpass is fanastic, however the premium version is worth getting.

Amazingly, Bitwarden offer all of the premium features of Lastpass except for free.

I am currently using both, aiming to fully migrate to Bitwarden next year and no longer pay lastpass' fees.
                                                                                                      May be a silly question but are these products compatible with your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

May be a silly question but are these products compatible with your phone?
                                                                                                        Yup.

Comment

Drive to Snap Noel

Comment

Lee Cain (Downing St Director of Comms & Dom Cummings ally) resigns - lots of rumours that Cummings may be about to follow him.
                                                                                                            And bizarrely given the timing, chief Brexit negotiator David Frost may be resigning as well.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Lee Cain (Downing St Director of Comms & Dom Cummings ally) resigns - lots of rumours that Cummings may be about to follow him.
                                                                                                                  And bizarrely given the timing, chief Brexit negotiator David Frost may be resigning as well.
                                                                                                                  Bors' lickspittle been fed a bit of spin to trot out.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1326665393570803713?s=19/TWEET]
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Kuenssberg sounded pissed at being stuck in Dublin to interview Mehole during this.

Comment

Toobin fired from the New Yorker over that one call.

Comment

Trump now blaming the medical deep state for his loss https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fizer-vaccine/

Comment

I saw there was some doings a-transpiring last night but couldn't figure out what precipitated it. Do we know or is it just an undisclosed bust up?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X