Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweden's herd immunity not looking so good now.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Doing one of them sweepstakes in the job for the masters where you pick a player from a few pots. Lowest combined 72 holes aggregate scores wins.

What happens with a missed cut again? Double the 36 hole score and add a few? (In case missing the cut on the number is good in the format)
      Was looking for soemthing like that, any chance of posting up your pots please?

Comment

Doing one of them sweepstakes in the job for the masters where you pick a player from a few pots. Lowest combined 72 holes aggregate scores wins.

What happens with a missed cut again? Double the 36 hole score and add a few? (In case missing the cut on the number is good in the format)
        Just do the Alan Crookes comp instead. He has a pdf version.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          Sweden's herd immunity not looking so good now.
          why?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Have you a link to that please?

Comment

I i don't send a google form in my job i will be shot. Handy for tracking responses too. Do you know his missed cut rule?

Comment

Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post

Was looking for soemthing like that, any chance of posting up your pots please?
                Just took 5 pots of 5 taking the top of the betting. Plenty of women and novices in the draw. Removed Scheffler and replaced with Lowry despite the former having a better chance. Also. Half the crowd will take Shane from pot 5 making shite of their scores.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

why?
                  According to in laws. Cases surging . Hospital under severe pressure compared to scandi neighbours they are doing badly. No economic gains either with the strategy.

Comment

Only a reverse forecast on Rahm/DJ for me at the moment.
                    Nicked this...

Not going mad, top of market strong but with questions, bookies shorting the leaders and pushing no-one out so...

Cameron Smith before he got tipped somewhere
                    Little more on Bubba
                    Dirty fiver on Van Royen at 320/1 on the machine

Like Xander and Matsuyama

Scottie Scheffler should go well and could be the bet for April

Might do some 3 ball accumulators and frl depending on draw
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-11-20, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      I don't think voided results below 270 would default it to constitutional fallbacks. The rule afaik states the winner is the one who gets a simple majority, but 270 specifically. (270 just happends to be current majority). As results are voided, so too does the majority nubmer reduce. If Trump manages to get PA and WI voided - be knocks Biden down by 41 to 265, but also knocks the required majority down to 249.

For Trump to void his way to a win he'd need to take away over 61 votes., or PA, WI, NV, AZ and MI
                      No, it's definitely an 'absolute majority' needed - that means 270 or more. Being ahead say 263-210 with the remainder undecided would be 'no result'.
                      edit: You may be right about the figure required changing if a state is voided though.
                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 10-11-20, 16:43.

Comment

I'm really spoiled for choice with my golf betting strategy here. I backed Xander Schauffle and Webb Simpson last year and these two stupidly-named Americans did me proud both making the podium.

Have to dump them now though as they're too short for a working man like myself.

So we're going with the stupidly-named:
                        Jason Kokrak @ 75/1
                        Lanto Griffin @175/1
                        Abraham Ancer @ 100/1

thank me Monday
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Not really. I've very little sympathy for him. Don't know if rumours are true or not, but behaviour toward chief justice is very poor imo. I think he shown poor judgement throughout the whole process.
                          So, just because the man attended a golf event that was not in keeping with the times AND, others before him were forced to resign, that he should give up the rest of his professional life??? Fcuk that I say.

Clarke, by in effect pronouncing judgement, is the one guilty of poor judgement. I hope Woulfe holds his ground as this latter day twitter driven bandwagon ridden righteousness needs to be halted.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

No, it's definitely an 'absolute majority' needed - that means 270 or more. Being ahead say 263-210 with the remainder undecided would be 'no result'.
                            I believe you are incorrect . I'll see if I can find the article I read on it

Comment

Biden's lead in GA keeps ticking up too and the consensus seems to be that his slim lead in AZ will probably also go up as the last few votes are counted.
                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 10-11-20, 16:50.

Comment

I i don't send a google form in my job i will be shot. Handy for tracking responses too. Do you know his missed cut rule?
                                Missed cuts and you’re gone.
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Think we are talking the 12th Amendment. (Selina - "How many fucking amendments does this thing have").

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;

The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;

The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President.

To me that means you need 270 even if say Georgia electors don't vote, because they are still appointed electors.
                                  But hey, I'm more Lionel Hutz than Perry Mason.

Comment

I believe you are incorrect . I'll see if I can find the article I read on it
                                    No hes right, it's one of Trumps hail mary cards, that Biden doesn't get to 270 and the election is thrown over to Congress
                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post

Have you a link to that please?

Comment

Ah yeah yer right. I go with AJ here. My researchers won't eat their lasagne so no treats tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Biden's lead in GA keeps ticking up too and the consensus seems to be that his slim lead in AZ will probably also go up as the last few votes are counted.
                                          I've fallen out with CNN our relationship peaked when Victor Bakewell teared up. I've moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Are people watching the Doug Dnegs match? Can't really justify the time, but sounds like Dnegs is getting his expected trouncing.
                                            Only two sessions so far and watched a good bit of both. I tuned in to the first one not expecting to watch a whole lot of it but it has been really entertaining. They are battling like crazy with lots of big pots and watching Doug own his soul has been fun. I think the tension Doug creates being so aggressive in so many spots makes it really fun to watch. Crazy that for a stream with no hole cads it has been getting 20k viewers just between the two main streams showing it.

Some of it is mental to think about. Daniel didn't overbet at all in the first session while Doug was overbetting all over the place. He was asked about it after and he said he had only looked at two sizing options in the solver so that part of the game tree wasn't open to him. He comes into the second match a couple of days later and is over betting rivers like crazy. So he is trying to implement a really complicated solver strat while playing one of the best heads up players in the world at 200/400. It makes for compelling viewing. While Doug is clearing owning him left and right he has run really well. He has had the best of it a number of times in big all-ins preflop that easily could have gone the other way if the cards were reversed and had a few coolers go his way so it's probably less of a bloodbath than it currently looks but still really bad.

I think Daniel probably expected he could lose a million or two in the match but if Polk was to end up continuing to win at the current rate he could back up the truck for $10m+ if they played out the 25k hands.

Edit - Looks like I am exaggerating a bit. Here are the actual numbers.

$268,031.82 after 1,006 hands works out to 66.61 big blinds per 100 hands. If this rate was to maintain over the 25,000 hands, Negreanu would lose 16,653 big blinds which comes to $6,661,200.
                                            Last edited by Opr; 10-11-20, 18:00.

Comment

Jaysis

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Rahm breaking out the trick shots in practice

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Can anyone remember who this guys name on here was? It's for a fantastic sherlock holmes thing.

http://dokearney.blogspot.com/2018/0...alert.html?m=1
                                                    https://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/member/276-doke afaik
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Can anyone remember who this guys name on here was? It's for a fantastic sherlock holmes thing.

Don't know if he made it to IPB - he was RequiemForADream on boards.
                                                      Edit : I presume you were looking for the scammer, not the author. If its the latter then CC is correct.

Comment

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ation/2715504/

Pompeo says there will be a smooth transition to a trump second term

Comment

The Alan Crooks competition is a great format for a bit of an interest, not sure why he does it, it seems a lot of work.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Berlin 1945 on BBC4 at 10pm worth a look for anyone into that sort of thing.
                                                            Basically the story of that city told through home video footage taken by locals at the time, with voiceovers from diaries of soldiers and workers. 3 parter, second ep tonight but not the sort of thing that has to be watched from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ation/2715504/

Pompeo says there will be a smooth transition to a trump second term
                                                              In fairness, he's laughing as he says it. And makes it clear that 'we'll count every vote'.

Feels like it's all about massaging Trump's ego for fear of some insane act.

Comment

In fairness, he's laughing as he says it. And makes it clear that 'we'll count every vote'.

Looked like nervous wtf did I just say laughter .

Comment

I'm really spoiled for choice with my golf betting strategy here. I backed Xander Schauffle and Webb Simpson last year and these two stupidly-named Americans did me proud both making the podium.

Have to dump them now though as they're too short for a working man like myself.

So we're going with the stupidly-named:
                                                                  Jason Kokrak @ 75/1
                                                                  Lanto Griffin @175/1
                                                                  Abraham Ancer @ 100/1

thank me Monday
                                                                  I was laughingly telling my old man about your Masters betting strategy on Sunday while flicking through the list of runners and said "he'll be all over this Lanto Griffin fella for instance"

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I was laughingly telling my old man about your Masters betting strategy on Sunday while flicking through the list of runners and said "he'll be all over this Lanto Griffin fella for instance"
                                                                    All 3 decent shouts in fairness.

Comment

Your dad sounds like a man of refined sensibilities.

Comment

Can someone recommend a laptop for a teenager? Allegedly for 'homework'.

Comment

Anyone pick a few sets for the above to save me doing it?

Is there any reason not to just pick the 6 favs (besides the fact that everyone will)?

Comment

Biden actually mention Ireland as one of the World's leaders in his address today.

Comment

Biden actually mention Ireland as one of the World's leaders in his address today.
                                                                              Leaders of the Free World: Mehole and Sleepy Joe.

Comment

Leaders of the Free World: Mehole and Sleepy Joe.
                                                                                It reminded me of the 911 presser with Bush. Mr President has ireland offered any support. gotta love us .

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                    Training Monday morning will be fun
                                                                                    Holy Jesus not as fun as I thought. Being trained for fb messenger.

Day 2 absolutely drained. I'd be fresher if I turned turf for the day.

Information overload.

Spent from 9 am to 5 training and E learning till about 9pm.

If anyone has to contact some poor soul on fb give them a good rating and be nice
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Berlin 1945 on BBC4 at 10pm worth a look for anyone into that sort of thing.
                                                                                      Basically the story of that city told through home video footage taken by locals at the time, with voiceovers from diaries of soldiers and workers. 3 parter, second ep tonight but not the sort of thing that has to be watched from the start.
                                                                                      Harrowing stuff. City a pile of rubble by the end. How they recovered and rebuilt I'll never know.
                                                                                      Mother in law, 83, is from Berlin. She is a chronic hoarder. Sees value in everything. I can understand why after watching that. She is living alone in the family home. Whole rooms, floor to ceiling, full and piled high with old newspapers and magazines, clothes, and bric a brac. Family have accepted it as an unsolvable problem at this stage.
                                                                                      Some mental, thought moving, train tracks, laid down when she was a little girl, have become a permanent fixture.
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone pick a few sets for the above to save me doing it?

Is there any reason not to just pick the 6 favs (besides the fact that everyone will)?
                                                                                        Johnson
                                                                                        Rahm
                                                                                        Schauffele
                                                                                        Matsuyama
                                                                                        Watson
                                                                                        Cantlay

Rahm
                                                                                        Johnson
                                                                                        Schauffele
                                                                                        Matsuyama
                                                                                        Watson
                                                                                        Cantlay

Watson
                                                                                        Schauffele
                                                                                        Rahm
                                                                                        Johnson
                                                                                        Matsuyama
                                                                                        Cantlay
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 10-11-20, 23:40.

Comment

Feel I'm being tested a bit in work with what can only be described as disrespect. Not sure how to react. Is it a test? Do I let it go as its unimportant in and of itself on this occasion? Do I slap it down?
                                                                                          Is it coming from above, a peer or below?

If it’s above you gotta take a stand. A peer it depends.

Below, then you make sure you let them know that you don’t consider them worthy of wasting a moment of your time.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Slightly below - one level below, I'd say more a peer really. I'm just not sure. My default in recent years has always been to be a bollix of the highest order in these situations, but I'm wondering if thats always the best approach.
                                                                                              always the best approach unless you can do it in 10x less time anyone else can, then do, and say never bother me with this shit again

or unless you can think of strategic value in doing

Comment

I don't think laughing makes it better - the laugh could mean he realises the absurdity of what he is saying...but plans to proceed otherwise, or it could be a nod and a wink that the whole thing is a joke. It's a tactic often used by the alt-right so they can say ridiculous things and then hide under the assumption of humour.

It may be risible and incompetent, (which is par for the course), but Trump is attempting a coup d'etat. I don't think anyone should be laughing it off, least of all the secretary of state. (Who is a Trump arch loyalist)

Bolton on it: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...er-tsr-vpx.cnn

Comment

Nip it in the Bud early if you are being disrespected IMHO. If they think there are no consequences they will be nipping away behind your back and to your face as well. Far better to have a proper row and move on, sniping back and forward can lead to future toxic situations. Lance the boil
                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Respect is earned Hitch.

Comment

Humour works hitch as does a frank discussion. Book a meeting with him and discuss it lightly . The formality of the meeting is enough to deter future occurrences .

Comment

danloulou?
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

It's absolutely not that straightforward. He would need to be given an opportunity to address the accusations of "stated misbehaviour". The Dail also need to be incredibly careful about what they are willing to call "stated misbehaviour" lest they accidentally create a terribly wide precedent.

There's actually a Supreme Court decision on this. The Dail need to tread VERY carefully with this one.
                                                                                                          It's not like they are going to create anti-matter or anything. I'm sure the AG can cook up some solid advice to allow for impeachment, although Denham's report will be a fly in the ointment.

All the pearl clutching around the separation of powers is a bit rich given that Woulfe is an appointed FG apparatchik. I'm guessing this may be the main reason the rest of the SC are shunning him.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Guest, have you gone beyond the first two seasons of the Slow Burn podcasts?

Season 3 is Biggie and Tupac
                                                                                                            Season 4 does David Duke

Apparently Season 5 is coming in the Spring and does the lead-up to the Iraq War

Just seeing have you vetted these for my listening pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              any recommendations for a home laser printer? Inkjet isn't really an option for printing of any quantity so I am looking for a laser printer and know very little in terms of trade off between purchase cost, cartridge (toner or w/e) replacement over volume of printing. It seems the sort of thing that the BBV should have solved. I mean if we have towels solved then a printer should be on the list.
                                                                                                              Go for the next generation of printers and print your own towels. EZ Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                It may be risible and incompetent, (which is par for the course), but Trump is attempting a coup d'etat. I don't think anyone should be laughing it off, least of all the secretary of state. (Who is a Trump arch loyalist)
                                                                                                                He's throwing a tantrum, not attempting a coup.
                                                                                                                The courts are laughing each lawsuit out the door and the counting is nearly done and certified. Then, it's definitely over.

We should laugh at him, it's humiliating for any adult to act like this, least of all the President of the US.

Comment

HH - Rooneydives

Comment

...

Comment

He's throwing a tantrum, not attempting a coup.
                                                                                                                      The courts are laughing each lawsuit out the door and the counting is nearly done and certified. Then, it's definitely over.

We should laugh at him, it's humiliating for any adult to act like this, least of all the President of the US.
                                                                                                                      Nope. Not even close.

Only 33 States and the District of Columbia have faithless elector laws. And of those not all the States have laws that compel a vote along State outcome lines.

So there's still plenty of scope for shenanigans even after certification.

Hillary Clinton being an Elector for New York is a fun tidbit.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                          All the pearl clutching around the separation of powers is a bit rich given that Woulfe is an appointed FG apparatchik. I'm guessing this may be the main reason the rest of the SC are shunning him.
                                                                                                                          It wouldn't be fair to ask for an opinion from our correspondent embedded in the four goldmines but I'm not getting any sense of how he has generally been regarded before this, like the proportion of FF hack to respected and capable SC who was always going to become a high or supreme Court Judge.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X