This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

Yeah, I don't even look at the rest of the site these days as it just takes too long to load. This thread is obviously worth any amount of time to load though. I appreciate all the effort that goes into the upkeep of the site and would be more than happy to throw in a few quid to find a better solution.
    ...Could it be a case that there is much data on the site at this stage its taking too long to load/post?... I often find when i'm doing the lotto and adding just 2 screenshots that it takes an absolute age to load... I wonder could it be something like needing to just purge threads from years ago and a load of pics... Also, would something like a shared file on a thread cause it to delay?...
    ...Like others, more than happy to throw money into it---It was mentioned a few months ago but Mods said no need, maybe it is time to revisit it...

Comment

Anyone checking out the new Den at 6.30?
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Definitely feels like we need to 'rebuild the barn' that is this community both in terms of (a) the site's actual architecture and then (b) also getting members who have 'gone dark' back and posting.

I feel like fixing (a) leads to (b). I don't have any useful technical skills to offer but if the mods can say what is needed, surely it's not beyond the combined efforts of us all to make it happen? If we need to pay someone to come in and do the work, that's not an issue.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Was hoping the Cork point attempt would go over, wanted to see a penalty shootout. But take the goal instead I guess

Comment

@Shraaaaap. Pear Tarte Tatin.

20201108_185045.jpg

Comment

• Trump defeated
              • We win a few quid
              • New series of Someone Please Feed Phil
              perfect

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                Anyone checking out the new Den at 6.30?
                Have it recorded. How was it?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Was hoping the Cork point attempt would go over, wanted to see a penalty shootout. But take the goal instead I guess
                  2020 is fucking relentless

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Have it recorded. How was it?
                    Think it could only appeal to people in their 40s and 50s looking for a bit of nostalgia. Would do better in the 10pm slot, after a few drinks imo.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I'm sure that when Mary Lou was celebrating the murder of innocent civilians this day 33 years ago that she could never of imagined that the Brits would just slither away from the union like this!
                      Ur timing is off young man
                      she only joined the shiners in 98 after been with FF for a few years
                      she never talks about what life she led in 1987 she was more into debating at that time

Last edited by balfejohn; 08-11-20, 21:43. Reason: Wrong choice of words

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          He didn't say she was murdering. He said she was celebrating the murdering. Just calling you out on a pure technicality.
                          Indeed
                          my wording is a bit misleading
                          I will edit it

Comment

Siegfried Sassoon invites you to put away your poppies and remember.

EmTC5OqXMAAWHul?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1680016&d=1604877663&type=thumb
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

...Made my now nightly check to see if I was paid out on BF for Biden but still not there...Interestingly, he is now 1.06 on the exchanges, as opposed to 1.04 yesterday... Pretty much guaranteed 6% interest if you had some good money to stick in...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...Made my now nightly check to see if I was paid out on BF for Biden but still not there...Interestingly, he is now 1.06 on the exchanges, as opposed to 1.04 yesterday... Pretty much guaranteed 6% interest if you had some good money to stick in...
                                    10m traded on it overnight too!

Ladbrokes and Betway still dragging their feet as well.

I think I have some sympathy with the bookies here but really, on the biggest market of all time (on Betfair anyway) they should have put in place much more defined end points.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think I have some sympathy with the bookies here but really, on the biggest market of all time (on Betfair anyway) they should have put in place much more defined end points.
                                      i'd imagine they're just waiting for all states to finish their count and confirm, so once Nevada and Arizona declare, they'll pay up (i hope)

Comment

I think I have post election depression after last week. I enjoyed the slow roll of torture of Trumps ego so much that I'm now on a low. I'm worried now that I will require a bigger hit like perhaps a live beheading to satiate my cravings

Comment

Comment

Strange that PP have cashed us out, but not their own exchange.
                                            I guess if people still want to punt it, then let them?

Comment

I guess if people still want to punt it, then let them?
                                              You've answered your own question IMO

Short of a concession which is unlikely to be forthcoming until the courts have spoken unequivocally BF will be happy to let the market trade away and let people settle their own positions if they want out.
                                              Looking at what is left to settle in the count center or in court?I'd need to dig in to the detail before being certain but it looks to me like at a rough calculation there is a fraction of a % chance that he could get enough decisions quickly enough to get anywhere near the line... If he was to there is an all out real gun shooting civil way on the streets but that's another matter.

Looks like 1.06 in the Pres market is better value than Biden was at any point before the polls closed,

Comment

This mad last stand of Trump's might actually be a good thing in some ways - if he can continue the bad loser act all the way through to inauguration (and presumably beyond), might this turn a lot of the soft Trump vote away from him and in search of a new, sane home?

It might most immediately be a factor in these two January Senate runoffs in Georgia.

Like if Trump becomes a fringe figure over the course of the next 12 months, that might actually be a good thing for US politics as the majority get pulled back towards the centre ground....just a thought.

Comment

We need to fix this thing - stat.
                                                  From my own personal experience, Ublock origin drasitically improves performance on desktop
                                                  Chrome:

Firefox:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The big thing is not being able to see the top 10 most recent threads. Thats what kept loads of lesser threads - like the book thread - alive. People see it trending and go in there to add their bit. There's no useful information on the main page anymore hence I'd say most people directly linking just to this thread.
                                                          todays posts does that.

Tbh, I'm more interested in performance first, shiny things can come later
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bit of a boss move by Pfizer to wait until US pres race has settled before announcing vaccine works.
                                                            and the DOW about to go through 30,000

Biden best President ever imo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

todays posts does that.

Tbh, I'm more interested in performance first, shiny things can come later
                                                              Todays Posts isn't really similar to the old Top 10 threads. Mainly because threads drop off it after 24 hours.
                                                              Unless someone bumps Multi Sport, Lotto, or High Stakes Feud in the next 5 hours then there'll only be one thread in that list (this one obviously).
                                                              Much better when there was always 10 even if some were over a day old. And by definition because they were visible it increased the chances of a response anyway.

Edit : Also annoying is it doesn't grab new info. Todays Posts is still showing for me that the last post is RD3 at 10:23am. It took me a while to figure out that there may have been plenty of posts since then. Casual passer-by will likely think it's a fairly dead thread.
                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 09-11-20, 15:31.

Comment

Wow. Betway the holdouts on paying up on Joey B. Quite the staunch position to adopt:

Comment

Operation Warp Speed instigated by "anti-science" "doesn't believe in coronavirus" "never did anything" Trump back in at the beginning of March delivers on a vaccine. He missed winning the election by a week or so.

The goals of the project to develop, manufacture, and distribute hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses by the end of 2020 have been criticized as being unrealistic

Pfizer and BioNTech say vaccine is 90% effective and could be in production before end of 2020 in some scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Operation Warp Speed instigated by "anti-science" "doesn't believe in coronavirus" "never did anything" Trump back in at the beginning of March delivers on a vaccine. He missed winning the election by a week or so.

Poetry.

Pure, magical poetry.

Comment

Pfizer weren't part of Operation Warp Speed....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Todays Posts isn't really similar to the old Top 10 threads. Mainly because threads drop off it after 24 hours.
                                                                        Unless someone bumps Multi Sport, Lotto, or High Stakes Feud in the next 5 hours then there'll only be one thread in that list (this one obviously).
                                                                        Much better when there was always 10 even if some were over a day old. And by definition because they were visible it increased the chances of a response anyway.

Edit : Also annoying is it doesn't grab new info. Todays Posts is still showing for me that the last post is RD3 at 10:23am. It took me a while to figure out that there may have been plenty of posts since then. Casual passer-by will likely think it's a fairly dead thread.
                                                                        New Topics shows the Topics that have had new posts since your last visit, dont ask my why it's called that.
                                                                        I agree it's misleading.

As for the time, my understanding is vbulletin5 uses local user caches or system caches rather than db times to gauge latest activity.

I've cleared all caches now and you should be able to see latest posts/topics accurately now.
                                                                        Might need to schedule that to run every x hours or something.
                                                                        I'll talk to the boss
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

No, Pfizer’s apparent vaccine success is not a function of Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed’

Comment

This is his little dig at you Hitch isn't it..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I've cleared all caches now and you should be able to see latest posts/topics accurately now.
                                                                              Might need to schedule that to run every x hours or something.
                                                                              I'll talk to the boss
                                                                              It's definitely a lot quicker after that!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

It's definitely a lot quicker after that!
                                                                                +1

Much snappier to load and refresh.

Comment

Trump's only defense against sexual assault charges s seemingly "I'm ElPresendente Busto, you can't touch me"

Wonder what his defense is now!?

Some lad to be hero worshipping, even if in jest!

Comment

LOL that's some reach. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

No, Pfizer’s apparent vaccine success is not a function of Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-warp-speed/
                                                                                      You're taking the headline too literally. They didn't take the research money but they were guaranteed 100m orders, with an option for 500m more.

It isn't nothing. Made the R&D risk free.

Comment

LOL that's some reach. Sad.
                                                                                        Was it included in that "Trump goes golfing" video about his response?

Comment

Wow, even the other judges have had enough of The Golfing Justice.

Imagine coming up in front of this guy now. Zero credibility.

Comment

Four Seasons total Landscaping cashes in on Trump press conf fiasco - specials like '“MAKE AMERICA RAKE AGAIN”, read one sticker on sale on the company website on Monday. LOL

Comment

Haven't we had a few vaccines works announcements already only to find it causes a leg to fall off down the line? Is this one different in some way? I haven't really looked too closely other than reading the story about it working but surely it is still a long time (6 months+) before we see it bottled and being sold?

Comment

You're taking the headline too literally. They didn't take the research money but they were guaranteed 100m orders, with an option for 500m more.

It isn't nothing. Made the R&D risk free.
                                                                                                Anyone who comes up with a workable vaccine is guaranteed this. I dont get your point .

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Haven't we had a few vaccines works announcements already only to find it causes a leg to fall off down the line? Is this one different in some way? I haven't really looked too closely other than reading the story about it working but surely it is still a long time (6 months+) before we see it bottled and being sold?
                                                                                                  Its Pfizer. Something else might fall off.

Comment

Said to some mates earlier...Vaccine passing a few tests and get rushed through legalities and paperwork during a pandemic has the whiff of an A-lister B-Movie about the end of times/Zombie apocalypse!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Said to some mates earlier...Vaccine passing a few tests and get rushed through legalities and paperwork during a pandemic has the whiff of an A-lister B-Movie about the end of times/Zombie apocalypse!
                                                                                                      there will be enough shite from the anti-vaxers that will threaten our way out of this lads - ease up on this - trust the system now

Comment

I am just trying to gauge what is a realistic timeframe to get legibility excited about this giving some return to normality. Is it a lock it get rolled out at this stage or is that still a doubt? I see news articles suggest they could start dishing this out to some (presume medical workers) before the end of this year which seems incredible.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 09-11-20, 21:55.

Comment

I am just trying to gauge what is a realistic timeframe to get legibility excited about this some normality returning. I see news articles suggest they could start dishing this out to some (presume medical workers) before the end of this year which seems incredible.
                                                                                                          and there might well be other viable vaccines coming from other pharma companies - Pfizer were just first to announce

I think we're entitled to get excited here. Socially distant high fives all round.

And a salute to the Zuutrophs of this world.

White-coated Nerds Save The World (Part I).
                                                                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 09-11-20, 22:00.

Comment

Now onto 'Operation Rescue IPB'.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Anyone who comes up with a workable vaccine is guaranteed this. I dont get your point .
                                                                                                              Only if they're one of the first. And only if it works. Drug development is hugely expensive and risky. Most r&d will be wasted. It's why Bill was funding so many approaches.

Comment

Daniel and Doug going at it again at 10.30.

The site is much better for me since DP did whatever magic he was up to. I have gotten really used to it overall. Dark mode makes a huge difference if you are not using it. Might take a little getting used to at first but I think it is by far the best option.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Opr; 09-11-20, 22:09.

Comment

...

Comment

Never thought I would be defending the big bad Woulfe but it seems strange that the Chief Justice decided to commission a report into his behaviour and has then ignored the conclusions of said report.

Comment

...

Comment

Only if they're one of the first. And only if it works. Drug development is hugely expensive and risky. Most r&d will be wasted. It's why Bill was funding so many approaches.
                                                                                                                        This is Pfizer we are talking about here. R&D is budgeted in the millions each year . It's part of the business to write off R&D . The risk reward for this was way higher than 100m or so. You already know this pfftt.

Comment

Was it included in that "Trump goes golfing" video about his response?
                                                                                                                          Have a free background to use fpr your Zoom calls this week guaranteed to cheer everyone else up

EmZuCnUVcAALPZs?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X