"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

PP paid out.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Was thinking about zuut not being on here a few times, wonder if something happened?
          Was talking to him today.
          He's alive
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

smarkets exchange paid out
            shouldnt we all put every cent we have on bf at 1.04?

Comment

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 07-11-20, 22:22.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

​​​​​​
                Trump is no idiot.

As Raoul said today, he's a shrewd political operater.

He planned this whole scenario. The ultimate back up plan. He has the power right now to totally destabilise the USA with his words.

Watch him admit defeat and walk away unscathed.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Odd, its not like he has anything to be uncomfortable about here. I'd been hoping to hear him make sense of the covid mumbers and trends for me but he's gone and has kind of erased his history
                  Really, he deleted all his posts?

Meant to post the other day about him, wondering where he was.

Comment

Trump is truly the gift that keep on giving on twitter.

Best sore loser
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      ​​​​​​
                      Trump is no idiot.

As Raoul said today, he's a shrewd political operater.

He planned this whole scenario. The ultimate back up plan. He has the power right now to totally destabilise the USA with his words.

Watch him admit defeat and walk away unscathed.
                      If you read any of the accounts of people working with him it's quite clear he is in fact an idiot - absolutely zero attention to detail and has no idea how anything complicated actually works.

"In late October 2018, with the caravan on the move, Trump badgered Nielsen almost endlessly. He suggested lining up border agents and other officers to form a sort of human wall along the portion of the southern border that lacked fencing, roughly 1,200 miles (1,931km) of the 1,933-mile border. A statistician at Homeland Security figured out it would take hundreds of thousands of people standing arm to arm to create a line that long. The number, a conservative estimate, was immediately discarded because it was so staggering. “We were like, this is absurd,” one aide remembered."

There was a funnier example of him wanting something crazy to do with the wall but I can't find it.

Comment

So i mentioned back in February that I'd applied as a mature student to DCU to study History and Geography. Then covid hit and I kind of gave up on everything but got accepted some time in June and started college in October. 5 weeks in now and it's going well. Everything being done online which means I can keep working part time. Work are being cool with things, pretty much letting me work what I can and just fill in a time sheet to submit and get paid.

As luck would have it I got loads of advice off Hitch and he ended up back working in DCU so that should lead to a coffee date when students are allowed back on campus guess it shows its who ya know at times.

I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would and actually look forward to assignments. Not too bad for a lad that dropped out of.school at 15 and has spent the intervening years bouncing from dead end job to dead end job.

Anyway, that's my pointless update. Wp all on the Biden bets, seems a decent amount was won overall.

Comment

Well done Sam. Up Kerry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

If you read any of the accounts of people working with him it's quite clear he is in fact an idiot - absolutely zero attention to detail and has no idea how anything complicated actually works.

"In late October 2018, with the caravan on the move, Trump badgered Nielsen almost endlessly. He suggested lining up border agents and other officers to form a sort of human wall along the portion of the southern border that lacked fencing, roughly 1,200 miles (1,931km) of the 1,933-mile border. A statistician at Homeland Security figured out it would take hundreds of thousands of people standing arm to arm to create a line that long. The number, a conservative estimate, was immediately discarded because it was so staggering. “We were like, this is absurd,” one aide remembered."

There was a funnier example of him wanting something crazy to do with the wall but I can't find it.
                              With my new found understanding of the proper use of Dunning Kruger, it seems Trump is the perfect example.

That doesn't mean he's a complete idiot. You don't become the US president if you're a complete idiot. You just don't.

He is a black belt in how to get ahead by fucking people.

Comment

Nice one Sam. That's class.

Comment

Inject bleach.

Guy said it and meant it.

Comment

We should really get a good few into Alan Crookes' golf game for the Masters.

Side bets and all - as it's a tough and big field!

Comment

Hon Dobby. Fair balls to ya.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Its almost not allowed to be said - but - the world desperately needs more male teachers - boys need male role models. A decent lad like yourself dobs will end up inspiring thousands of kids, give them direction, inspire them to go on to do great things and live fulfilling lives. Just the four years or so worth of exams to get through!
                                          Good lol here about a buddy of mine who's teacher in Athy. The fact he is male has very little to do with it but great story all the same.

Buddy of mine had a traveller in his class last year, Neddy. Chap couldn't read or write and was mercilessly made fun of as our friend tells it.
                                          Anyway, my buddy spends extra time with the chap, after class, before class, helping him read and write and one of the big things the kid wanted was to be able to write his name, or sign his name or something.

So buddy commits to it. Head down, hard work, and give it a good rattle to teach the kid.

A little later my buddy is out walking his dog in Athy, comes around the corner and what does he see?

NEDDY WAS HERE

In massive yellow and red spray paint letters across a wall.

"Aw ffs".

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Good lol here about a buddy of mine who's teacher in Athy. The fact he is male has very little to do with it but great story all the same.

Buddy of mine had a traveller in his class last year, Neddy. Chap couldn't read or write and was mercilessly made fun of as our friend tells it.
                                                  Anyway, my buddy spends extra time with the chap, after class, before class, helping him read and write and one of the big things the kid wanted was to be able to write his name, or sign his name or something.

So buddy commits to it. Head down, hard work, and give it a good rattle to teach the kid.

A little later my buddy is out walking his dog in Athy, comes around the corner and what does he see?

NEDDY WAS HERE

In massive yellow and red spray paint letters across a wall.

"Aw ffs".
                                                  Just broke my bollix laughing at that

Comment

Comment

Comment

He is intensely likeable.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

He bringing in the scientists?
                                                          GASP!

Maybe that's where Zuutroy is gone
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Comment

I just can't get over this story. Randomly thinking of it and letting out barks of laughter. It's just got everything.
                                                                Borat couldn't have done better

Comment

Kushner has deleted all his tweets.
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Noticed too that Melania hasn't communicated about anything election related.
                                                                    She also voted in Florida on election day in Person, while Donny voted via mail-in prior to that.

Any statistics on the Slovenian preferences in that state?!

It must be only a matter of time post January inauguration time that the divorce gets filed in accordance with the PreNup.
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

JB was good, but it was very 'presidential' - every word double-checked by his campaign team, lawyers and focus groups.
                                                                      Kamala nailed it though, awesome speech.

Comment

Seems a bit wrong that on the day that they hit their highest Covid case numbers they're out packing the streets to celebrate Biden's election. Makes me proud of our show of restraint as a country that we managed to resist that urge to do similar for Micheál's inauguration

Comment

I don't know whether Z deliberately closed his account, or clicked the wrong buttons when browsing.
                                                                          But honestly, has to be acknowledged that the new IPB is a shambles for a lot of us - my MO is to open one tab to launch IPB whilst in another tab I set up my FFL team, delete Facebook spam, check my overnight bets on US sports and answer work emails. Generally I have all those tasks done whilst IPB is still saying 'working' before it eventually loads the home page.
                                                                          Talking to the Flushies on Facebook, IPB times out for them about 98% of the time so they've largely given up.
                                                                          I don't know the solution, but it needs to be accepted that there's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            I don't know whether Z deliberately closed his account, or clicked the wrong buttons when browsing.
                                                                            But honestly, has to be acknowledged that the new IPB is a shambles for a lot of us - my MO is to open one tab to launch IPB whilst in another tab I set up my FFL team, delete Facebook spam, check my overnight bets on US sports and answer work emails. Generally I have all those tasks done whilst IPB is still saying 'working' before it eventually loads the home page.
                                                                            Talking to the Flushies on Facebook, IPB times out for them about 98% of the time so they've largely given up.
                                                                            Yeah, I don't even look at the rest of the site these days as it just takes too long to load. This thread is obviously worth any amount of time to load though. I appreciate all the effort that goes into the upkeep of the site and would be more than happy to throw in a few quid to find a better solution.
                                                                            Last edited by KK82; 08-11-20, 04:11.

Comment

I would also throw some cash to solve.

I thought it was just me tbh.

Comment

Great opening to SNL last night, jasus, Carrey does a great Biden. Didnt see him debuting him a few weeks ago, but dont think it went down too well at the time.

Fierce monologue from Chappelle !!
                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 08-11-20, 08:28.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

So, a question for those with more political nous than me. I was curious last night and there is an Article 4 in the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution that would seemingly allow a President to be removed from office if he is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office." Now i believe that it is probably meant to be used more if the President was medically incapacitated but essentially it allows the VP, Cabinet & i think the Speaker to remove him.

I believe that he's not going to concede the election, he is going to continue to challenge the election legally, he is going to forego the running of the country and who knows what "dangerous" decisions he will make over the next 75 days. He is likely IMO to drastically lose the support of his party and less ardent supporters. All in all, there may be grounds to incapacitate him politically. Pelosi would certainly love to. I don't know about Pence but would have to think he is done with him too plus it might prove very good for him politically if he was to step in and "save" the country. Plus he gets to be president. I would guess most of the cabinet wouldn't mind either.

So is the above pure madness or if not, what price is Pence to be the next POTUS?

Comment

Every cloud

I kid, I kid
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Its so fucking hilarious. Whats with the Biden Irish thing. I didn't even know he felt all that Irish beyond the vague sense that a lot of Americans do. But he proper feels it. Like his chosen secret service moniker is Celtic. This comment here to the BBC. It's rather nice really in a very American way the extent to which an old-ish family connection holds such importance to him and loads of others. And then, of course, Irish Philly comes good for him in the end.
                                                                                      He's forever quoting Seamus Heaney in his speeches
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

will also donate $$$ to help.

For me, I have to click through two error buttons on opening and then it works - but slooooooowwwwww

Comment

Bookies are fairly split on this one in terms of settling. I backed with:

Bet365\Boyles\Betfred - all paid
                                                                                          Ladbrokes\888\Betway - all pending

In fairness, must be a bit of a nightmare. A huge market with no clear finish line (or at least the way it's being presented).I see the Betfair market is still up too.

Comment

Moving onto the next big political thing, this is very bad news for BoJo.

My sauces tell me a deal is just about ready to be inked (poor fucker has been working 16 hour days for the last two weeks, including weekends) but the UK was waiting to see what extra juice they might have if Trump pulled it off. Now it seems they have no juice at all.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                  So, a question for those with more political nous than me. I was curious last night and there is an Article 4 in the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution that would seemingly allow a President to be removed from office if he is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office." Now i believe that it is probably meant to be used more if the President was medically incapacitated but essentially it allows the VP, Cabinet & i think the Speaker to remove him.

I believe that he's not going to concede the election, he is going to continue to challenge the election legally, he is going to forego the running of the country and who knows what "dangerous" decisions he will make over the next 75 days. He is likely IMO to drastically lose the support of his party and less ardent supporters. All in all, there may be grounds to incapacitate him politically. Pelosi would certainly love to. I don't know about Pence but would have to think he is done with him too plus it might prove very good for him politically if he was to step in and "save" the country. Plus he gets to be president. I would guess most of the cabinet wouldn't mind either.

So is the above pure madness or if not, what price is Pence to be the next POTUS?
                                                                                                  tbh, the real issue of the Transition period is coronavirus - let's face it Trump was never really interested in government but will be much less so now. Without any direction from top, what's the US going to look like in 75 days time? Cases are spiking horrifically right now and deaths will follow.

It's the reddest states (i.e. the ones where the MAGA-heads decided masks are bad) that are looking the spikiest too. They're about to get completely overwhelmed.

Comment

I just can't get over this story. Randomly thinking of it and letting out barks of laughter. It's just got everything.
                                                                                                    David Simon can't outwrite God

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

tbh, the real issue of the Transition period is coronavirus - let's face it Trump was never really interested in government but will be much less so now. Without any direction from top, what's the US going to look like in 75 days time? Cases are spiking horrifically right now and deaths will follow.

It's the reddest states (i.e. the ones where the MAGA-heads decided masks are bad) that are looking the spikiest too. They're about to get completely overwhelmed.
                                                                                                        Yeah that formed part of my thinking. If the virus gets even worse over there will it make people more inclined to move for change.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He's forever quoting Seamus Heaney in his speeches
                                                                                                          Found this more moving than I should have.

Incredibly hopeful.

Comment

5star seems to have gone off the radar also.
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                              5star seems to have gone off the radar also.
                                                                                                              We need to fix this thing - stat.

Comment

Some Neck out for first run in a year in the 1.00pm. Hilarious race to start off

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  imagine waiting for your urgently needed heart and hearing the helicopter crashed...

Comment

Comment

You are Chief Disinformation Officer

Comment

Sounds like The Cummings government are set to do another U turn on the Internal border / GFA tomorrow.

I'd say the 'talks' yesterday were mostly just Ursula trying to restrain herself from laughing in Johnson's face

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-11-20, 15:29.

Comment

I'm sure that when Mary Lou was celebrating the murder of innocent civilians this day 33 years ago that she could never of imagined that the Brits would just slither away from the union like this!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X