X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out of the house, it felt weird.

So what's the state of play, seems like:
    1. NV has a big Clark County (Vegas) dump due at 4pm and then should be done and we expect Biden to win with an increased margin. Given that Fox haven't changed their AZ call, this would put Biden over the top with 270 - but not with CNN. Can we expect a Trump tweetstorm praising CNN and shitting on FOX?
    2. GA has Biden + 7,250 and this should go up to maybe 10k or so. Guaranteed recount though.
    3. AZ has Biden +30k and Maricopa (Phoenix) has another vote dump coming at 4pm
    4. PA seems to be methodically going through their remaining votes. Biden will end up +100k or more here and we'll be done.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I saw a good quote recently, I wish I had saved it... it was about how engineers like Scott often make the mistake of thinking the rest of the world works along the lines of their comparatively simple field of rumexpertise. It would also apply to Denny's belief that options traders should run countries.
        Run a country? Nah you need someone political like Bertie to run a country.

But managing a novel pandemic? Who else deals with unknowns with asymmetrical pay offs on a more regular basis? Experts are great in static situations in their domains, they suck at fast changing situations. Look at the analysis over the last year? Options traders have been on top on it. While the expert epidemiologists at Cambridge are still pushing their "studies" that half of the Uk have had Covid. Can't believe you're even trying to have a dig about this

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

People probably do have a tendency to be promoted past their competency and stop there, possibly because they were found out. But that wouldn’t be Dunning Kruger effect imo.
          I think Denny (or maybe Hitch) posted before about it being misused a lot as a term.
          It's usually a safe bet when someone mentions it, they're dunning kruger themselves. Not me though obviously.
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-11-20, 15:05.

Comment

Moar election themed betting selections while we wait.

How's about On To Victory in the next at Doncaster?

Comment

Not a Leeds fan but Bamfords offside is everything that is wrong with VAR
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Moar election themed betting selections while we wait.

How's about On To Victory in the next at Doncaster?
                Hosed up @10/1

Comment

Hosed up @10/1
                  Need to play up this streak. Some Chaos in the next at Wincanton.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    I think Drunk Nic did raise a decent point about the Wednesday morning market, when Biden was available from 2/1 to 11/4 for around 90 minutes.
                    We knew in advance that the exit polls on mail-ins & early voting suggested a 3 to 1 split for Biden, whilst on-day voting would favour Trump, And it was also known and reported that that the latter votes would be counted first. So we missed out by not being prepared in advance to go in big in this window. This was a monster opportunity which was let slip.

It also suggests that despite it being the biggest market of all time, and the most discussed and analysed, that there wasn't a huge understanding of it (Or that maybe there was some clever 'back to lay' money on Trump in the days beforehand which explains why his price was so consistent around 7/4. I doubt it though).

I wonder are horse-racing markets still wiser. It's 11 years since Zenyatta's ridiculously come from behind victory in the Classic at Santa Anita. Being 12 lengths tailed off at halfway wasn't a surprise, I've no idea if the in-running market over-reacted.
                    Hindsight is 20 : 20. The networks did a really bad job breaking down the percentage of outstanding ballots that were mail in and we had watched early Biden leads in Texas and Ohio evaporate as counting wore on. There were likely people who went to bed at 11pm Tuesday night and work up 8am Wednesday morning who would have found it a lot easier to pull the trigger on a top up. But for any of us who had sweated proceedings from midnight through to 5am it was much more difficult to see the wood from the trees.

Everything about this count has been conducted within an historically different context which all analysts and networks have struggled to react to and clearly describe. Sure, the more it wears on the more obvious it is that Biden was always good, but I certainly understand why I couldn't see that in the moment.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Still 20k clear in AZ and looks like Trump has no road left to overtake. Probably in recount territory though.

Moar votes coming from Pittsburgh imminently

Comment

We're into the closing stretch here. PA just gone +31k for Biden and nothing but more of the same coming....nearly up that >0.5% point (no recount and *might* be where the networks call it)

Comment

woah

CNN just called it

Comment

CNN Projected Biden Winner.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

NBC calls it

Comment

Comment

CNN have called PA and the race
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

FOX being niggardly

Comment

More votes came in PA too, he's now 35k clear - above the 0.5% barrier

Comment

BBC, AP, SKY News, ABC all gone to 273.

Comment

A Mayo man in the White House begob. And not even going in through the delivery gate.

Comment

Well done men. I feel like our efforts were critical here.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Will the correctly spelled SOLSKJAER be sacked this weekend ?
                                              As promised, the instrumental version! I wanted to wait until I had the bass recorded properly.

Comment

Disappointing lack of ripping off shirts and twirling them round heads on CNN.

Comment

I suppose we should really be saying that they have called it as a Trump loss. Not sure it mattered all that much who was up against him. This was always going to be a referendum on Trump.

Comment

And FOX calls both PA and NV.....we're done here

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Trump v Biden suspended on Paddy Power.

Comment

Monkey down on Xander on the machine. This is his year.

Comment

Betfred have settled fwiw so I guess you Biden backers should see $$$$ shortly

Comment

Betfred have settled fwiw so I guess you Biden backers should see $$$$ shortly
                                                              Still 1.04 on the machine

Comment

Here's a thought; the result of this election just proves what incredible political instincts Trump has.

Remember that he sent his goons off digging for dirt on Biden in Ukraine long before the Dem primaries. Biden was always the one that scared him - he was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  Trump v Biden suspended on Paddy Power.
                                                                  As a punter on the exc, my fear would be a suspension of betting but not settling the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

As a punter on the exc, my fear would be a suspension of betting but not settling the market.
                                                                    Bookies seem to be settling away in any case - Betfred and Bet365 have paid out - so surely BF can't be too far behind.

Small brag; every bet I made was at better than the BF odds.

Comment

There's the Biden win bets below:
                                                                      Row Labels Sum of stake
                                                                      10/11 2,450
                                                                      20/23 600
                                                                      17/20 1,799
                                                                      5/6 800
                                                                      4/5 500
                                                                      20/29 100
                                                                      2/3 200
                                                                      13/20 400
                                                                      20/33 100
                                                                      10/17 100
                                                                      4/7 1,500
                                                                      8/15 850
                                                                      13/25 1,000
                                                                      Grand Total 10,399

Comment

Delighted to see Biden win the election
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

As promised, the instrumental version! I wanted to wait until I had the bass recorded properly.

https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158.../s-ziha2YIplQ8
                                                                          That's very nice . Dilute the drums on the original and I'd add it to my Spotify and youd earn 0.002 cents

Comment

Comment

There's the sidebets, probably win another 400 there when GA and NC called
                                                                              Bet Stake Odds To Win
                                                                              Trump to win 3 of TX, OH, GA, NC,AZ, FL 56.07 7.5 420.525
                                                                              Trump to win 4 of TX, OH, GA, NC,AZ, FL 75 8 600
                                                                              Trump to win 5 of TX, OH, GA, NC,AZ, FL 50 8.5 425
                                                                              Dems to win 360-389 EC Votes 100 12 1200
                                                                              Biden to win Florida 100 1.1 100
                                                                              Biden to win Georgia 80 1.25 100
                                                                              461.07

Comment

Bookies seem to be settling away in any case - Betfred and Bet365 have paid out - so surely BF can't be too far behind.

Small brag; every bet I made was at better than the BF odds.
                                                                                BF exc is different than a bookmaker. Although I believe technically the liability sits with the exc, they're really just a market maker and arbiter.

Bookies can take a different line because liability is totally their own.

As I said previously, I'm saying they won't settle but they have no incentive to settle outside of consumer pushback.

Bookies have incentive to stop because they own the liability. BF exc have no incentive to settle the market.

In turn that puts PP in an awkward spot because they're inextricably linked and given the market size, I think consistency across brands is likely.

Maybe BF just waiting to hit that magical 600m mark

Comment

Boyles paid out too.

Comment

Boyle’s have paid out anyway, withdraw request gone in!

Comment

I've a 'Democrats to win' bet with PP, not paid out yet.

Comment

30m+ matched on BF overnight. 800k offered at 1.03. Can't see them closing it.

Comment

You better believe that's a hair sniffing!

Comment

Here's a question, do you think Trump actually believes his own BS? Do you think he actually believes there has been widespread voter fraud? or is it all an angleshoot?

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

For all the golf nerds:

Data Golf represents the intersection of applied statistics, data visualization, web development, and, of course, golf. The goal is to provide unique perspectives on the game that are both accessible to the casual fan and insightful for dedicated golfers.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                Here's a question, do you think Trump actually believes his own BS? Do you think he actually believes there has been widespread voter fraud? or is it all an angleshoot?
                                                                                                I don't think you can behave the way he does and clearly delineate between truth and lie. After a while everything is meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  30m+ matched on BF overnight. 800k offered at 1.03. Can't see them closing it.
                                                                                                  Yeah as long as there is money there and Trump hasn't conceded I can't see how or why they would close the market.

1.04 backers are just buying money from people who want to free up their cash.

Comment

Haven't really had a look at the masters, been mostly sulking that golf is over here and watching the election.

I'm thinking my stable will be DJ, Webb, Sheffler.

Outside horse with Kis.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats to team Biden, Starting with Iran, thousands of people are going to die but on the other hand trumps tweets made a lot of people feel icky.
                                                                                                        Overall a great day.

Comment

Where's the Dobster gone?

Comment

Also Zuutroy. Not even listed as a member
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This nails the feeling

Comment

EmPmwJxXEAAqNTO?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Also Zuutroy. Not even listed as a member
                                                                                                                  Odd, its not like he has anything to be uncomfortable about here. I'd been hoping to hear him make sense of the covid mumbers and trends for me but he's gone and has kind of erased his history

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Odd, its not like he has anything to be uncomfortable about here. I'd been hoping to hear him make sense of the covid mumbers and trends for me but he's gone and has kind of erased his history
                                                                                                                    Maybe Hitch could contact him through the prof grapevine? Last thing I remember was them thinking of meeting up for coffee in DCU.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Celebrate good times......COME ON.....

Comment

Hon Colin Keane.

Comment

What's up

Still lurk, dont post as much. Never got used to the new site its been slow. Dont.like it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X