This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I thought so when doing the math yesterday. But it seems to have shift upwards.
    5.4m currently. 94% reported. 75k behind.
    6% remaining would be 325k. He'd need 200k of that, or just over 61%
    for some reason I had a number of 117k in my head for remaining ballots but your maths makes way more sense

GOP 1/10 though, so I think my stretch comment is probably accurate.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The first to call it?

Comment

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1679664&d=1604673777&type=thumb
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Purely from the point of view of Electoral College votes, if Biden was to take NC along with everything else except Alaska, would that be deemed a landslide victory?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                Purely from the point of view of Electoral College votes, if Biden was to take NC along with everything else except Alaska, would that be deemed a landslide victory?
                Not a landslide. Not even a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It's quite the reversal in terms of electoral college though

Comment

Comment

Yeah I googled it after asking not thinking it had it's own wiki page but of course it does.

Nixon during Watergate

Comment

Comment

You can't bate a good downfall parody, this is excellent:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I went looking up landslides on wiki to see and got distracted by this. wowsers, Reagan was popular.
                            The Great Communicator.

Hence the phrase 'Reagan Democrats'.

Comment

Solskjaer packing before Trump?
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Its surely time now..

I'll start the first 2 lines

There once was a pres called trump
                                Who sits likes hes taking a dump
                                Last edited by dinekes; 06-11-20, 15:25. Reason: Didnt deserve a capital T

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Solskjaer packing before Trump?
                                  Is Pochettino likely to make much difference there? Person at the helm doesn't seem to have had much impact over the years, but I don't pay much attention

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                    Its surely time now..

I'll start the first 2 lines

There once was a pres called trump
                                    Who sits likes hes taking a dump
                                    His wife is a hooker
                                    Who's not a bad looker

I'll leave you to close this one out

Comment

Comment

ah - so its impossible to prove that you are wrong, but I've already been proved wrong even when they will undoubtedly pay today or tomorrow. Its a weird type of wrongness to be honest given the question was about when we'll get paid.
                                        You claimed that it says something in the rules that it doesn't say and mixing up the two votes. Whether they pay out sooner or later at their discretion doesn't change that.
                                        You seem to misconstruing what I said, or for what ever reason. I haven't said when they will pay out. I asked a question about market rules. And I agree with Murdum that it's ambiguous - prehaps intentionally so.

Comment

I was looking at what Trump can and cannot request, purely in terms of recounts

Arizona - Auto recount triggered if margin is 0.1% or lower but a recount can't be requested so that's effectively done.

Georgia - No auto recount and recount only available if margin is less than 0.5% so that's on the table.

Nevada - No auto recount and provided requester pays then a recount can be requested irrespective of margin

North Carolina - Auto recount if substantial discrepancy of random sample and requested recount if total is <10k or 0.5% margin

Pennsylvania - Auto recount at 0.5% and no margin required to request recount

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Is Pochettino likely to make much difference there? Person at the helm doesn't seem to have had much impact over the years, but I don't pay much attention
                                            I don’t think so anyway.

I think that the United squad is a squad where every permutation of best 11 has a glaring weakness. It’s talented squad, but it doesn’t fit any real system or tactic.

They need to ship Pogba. He’s poison.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                I was looking at what Trump can and cannot request, purely in terms of recounts

Arizona - Auto recount triggered if margin is 0.1% or lower but a recount can't be requested so that's effectively done.

Georgia - No auto recount and recount only available if margin is less than 0.5% so that's on the table.

Nevada - No auto recount and provided requester pays then a recount can be requested irrespective of margin

North Carolina - Auto recount if substantial discrepancy of random sample and requested recount if total is <10k or 0.5% margin

Pennsylvania - Auto recount at 0.5% and no margin required to request recount
                                                PA will be > 2% when all the counting is done

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I don’t think so anyway.

I think that the United squad is a squad where every permutation of best 11 has a glaring weakness. It’s talented squad, but it doesn’t fit any real system or tactic.

They need to ship Pogba. He’s poison.

I looked at the England squad the other day and I realised how little I know about soccer anymore.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

BIDEN BIDEN BIDEN

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        BIDEN BIDEN BIDEN
                                                        do I still have to buy you dinner if Trump gets sectioned between now and Inauguration Day?

If yes, I think it's only fair if our fellow IPBers are allowed to suggest a list of conversation topics.

Comment

Your worse than trump mellor, worse than trump. sitting there in your sydney whitehouse refusing to concede despite all the mounting evidence.
                                                          LOL Hitch, I wouldn't be comparing any one to Trump on IPB, considering you the poster who is most consistently caught out making up alternate facts.
                                                          Do we have to bring back #HitchFactCheck?

Comment

RIP Geffory Palmer, his turn as Leonard Rossiters brother in law in Reginald Perrin was a wonderfully funny performance.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

TIL the guy who played Furio in the Sopranos is a shrewd operator https://news.artnet.com/art-world/so...uercino-117651
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

For SP:

Comment

NV moving out of reach for Trump now.

Given that Fox have already given AZ to Biden, then why not call this horserace....

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

are they hanging on for a particular time of the day, maybe? how you wouldn't call nevada now is beyond any logic.
                                                                        Ratings, maybe?

this must be absolute ratings gold.

Comment

Can we all move on now.

anyone have anything at Dundalk for tonight?
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                            Can we all move on now.

anyone have anything at Dundalk for tonight?
                                                                            I had a look there to find something topical, a few choices:
                                                                            1. Lansing (state capital of Michigan) runs in the 6.45. Available at 7/1
                                                                            2. Inflection Point in the 7.45
                                                                            3. Legal Thriller (with all these lawsuits) in the 8.45

Stick them in a treble and retire on the proceeds.

Comment

I see where you get some of your crazy ideas

Comment

NV moving out of reach for Trump now.

Given that Fox have already given AZ to Biden, then why not call this horserace....
                                                                                My guess is Biden won't want to speak to the nation until prime time so they may as well let more votes come in before they call Nevada and Pennsylvania.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

can anyone explain why theres 10k for the rock to win this on betfair 8k for oprah winfrey george clooney etc
                                                                                  all these other people who literally cannot win
                                                                                  is this just 1 bet "any other person"
                                                                                  who the hell is betting 100s of k on people who cant win?

Comment

I had a look there to find something topical, a few choices:[LIST=1][*]Lansing (state capital of Michigan) runs in the 6.45. Available at 7/1
                                                                                    .
                                                                                    2nd @28/1 ​

Comment

Ha. Just coming in here to ask a question. My uncle is in the syndicate that owns Lansing. He's away and no access to punting. Asked me to back it for him. Seen skybet were joint best price earlier at 13/2 and an extra place so bet there.

I seen this pig of a horse two nights ago and and couple of times before and it prefers getting stuck in the stalls usually, rather than racing so I wanted no piece.

Anyway he just text me saying it finished 2nd at 28s but after noticing that it only paid out at 13/2 I see that skybet are not giving best odds guaranteed on races with an extra place these days. Is that the norm or the standard now? Sick stuff.
                                                                                      Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 06-11-20, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        RIP Geffory Palmer, his turn as Leonard Rossiters brother in law in Reginald Perrin was a wonderfully funny performance.

I think the first comedy I watched myself as a standalone thing just for me was Butterflies which ran from 1979-1983 ('d have been around 10-12 years old).

I recall the melancholy, adult themes and suppose I was fascinated as I transitioned into a teenager that there was this complex, middle class world of comfort and deceit where people had inner voices and didn't always do the obviously right thing. With a particularly focus on an unfulfilled woman (hey women and feelings too!) and a completely un self-aware, mush of a man.

One of my coming of age comedies I suppose now that I think about it, I was starting to figure out how different this world was to mine.

Here's a nice picture retrospective for Geoffrey Palmer. So far removed from my world yet so very relatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                          Ha. Just coming in here to ask a question. My uncle is in the syndicate that owns Lansing. He's away and no access to punting. Asked me to back it for him. Seen skybet were joint best price earlier at 13/2 and an extra place so bet there.

I seen this pig of a horse two nights ago and and couple of times before and it prefers getting stuck in the stalls usually, rather than racing so I wanted no piece.

Anyway he just text me saying it finished 2nd at 28s but after noticing that it only paid out at 13/2 I see that skybet are not giving best odds guaranteed on races with an extra place these days. Is that the norm or the standard now? Sick stuff.
                                                                                          Ya they changed it recently...last week or two

Paddy will probably do the same soon I'd imagine

Comment

Anyone know of a good US news radio station that I can listen to on a run tomorrow morn?
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

2nd @28/1 ​
                                                                                              Inflection Point 3rd @ 25/1

Comment

...

Comment

Poor Scott he's not 10% as clever a he thinks he is and so utterly consumed with hatred and fear. Sad.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I wasn't aware that our mate John has become so popular nationwide: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...02639?mode=amp

Looking forward to his 4th cousin from Ballinasloe being interviewed about AOC's presidential victory in 2024

Comment

Nice bump in GA there, Biden now +4.3k

Comment

Big lump of Dem votes due in PA too, might take us out to ~40k.

Comment

...

Comment

This really is a slow and lingering death...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Poor Scott he's not 10% as clever a he thinks he is and so utterly consumed with hatred and fear. Sad.
                                                                                                              big hit to his raison d'etre. And his belief that this is all a simulation that he has some control over/ full understanding of.

Comment

Hopefully a few military knucklehead votes will appear soon to keep the margin nice and even (I have a bet on Georgia being the narrowest margin)
                                                                                                                Pretty guaranteed I would have thought? Will be ~10k.

Comment

Huge queues of people in Nevada attempting to "cure" their vote.

I thought it was far easier to vote in the States than in Ireland

Comment

I wonder do the teams in ABC and Fox have a number in mind that allows them to call PA (and the whole shebang)? 40k? 50k? 40k would be just over 0.5%.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                      Huge queues of people in Nevada attempting to "cure" their vote.

I thought it was far easier to vote in the States than in Ireland
                                                                                                                      It actually sounds like a good thing I thought?

i.e. 'there's an issue with your vote, please come in and help us fix it so it can be counted'

Comment

It actually sounds like a good thing I thought?

i.e. 'there's an issue with your vote, please come in and help us fix it so it can be counted'
                                                                                                                        Certainly one way of looking at it.

The other being that if you are stupid enough to fuck the process up you probably don't deserve to vote anyway.

Comment

Possible 100k provisional ballots in PA sounds worrying.

You would think a large percentage of those would be in person ballots. Wrong ID etc
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X