Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

If you have revolut, Emma is doing up to 45% off
        Nice one, thanks. 200 day trial too

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Nice one, thanks. 200 day trial too
          I thought that sounded great too but I think I’d feel odd sending back a mattress. I’m guessing that’s what they’re banking on.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I thought that sounded great too but I think I’d feel odd sending back a mattress. I’m guessing that’s what they’re banking on.
            I hope to be able to overcome any odd feelings if my back is in bits! That one seems to get good reviews anyway so hopefully it won't arise

Comment

Never mind that shit, here comes Mongo Baby Yoda.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

FAO Emmet

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

there is no argument about this; anyone who puts a tick in a box that allows Trump to stay in power is knowingly or unknowingly a racist.
                  I personally think this is a rather simplistic view to take. I'm sure there are alot of people who are doing alot better than they were financially 4 years ago, if the economy has improved as it is said. Human behavior would deem it natural that that person might be more favourable to vote for the person responsible (or at least deemed responsible) for bringing about that change.

Now you may put that into the box called "unknowingly a rasict" but i think that's very unfair to the person i describe above. Now maybe the reason they voted for Trump was selfish, maybe even illogical but to tar them as a racist just because of it doesn't seem right to me.

*Disclaimer, i think Trump is evil and he has made America an infinitely worse place during the last 4 years that may take generations to change.

Comment

You could put a fucking paper clip in charge and there’s be some people doing better than they were before.

We should aspire for our leaders to be good, competent, people. That’s it really.

Anyone with a brain can see he’s neither good nor competent. It is really simple.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                      As Halloween approaches and SP has expounded on his love of Brownie McGhee, anyone with any kind of love of blues, psych horror, Alan Parker,. Mickey Rourke, Lisa Bonet etc can dig this...

Havent seen that film in years. Dont recall the name of it.
                      Lewis Cypher..didnt cop that until the end

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                        You could put a fucking paper clip in charge and there’s be some people doing better than they were before.

We should aspire for our leaders to be good, competent, people. That’s it really.

Anyone with a brain can see he’s neither good nor competent. It is really simple.
                        Jacinda Ahern coming out of this like a boss.

Her party ships an overall majority in the election, the first time it has occurred in almost 30 years and she still looks to offer the Green Party a coalition.

Her approval ratings are the highest of any leader in the world outside of Putin, Xi & Kim obv.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                          As Halloween approaches and SP has expounded on his love of Brownie McGhee, anyone with any kind of love of blues, psych horror, Alan Parker,. Mickey Rourke, Lisa Bonet etc can dig this...

Comment

Absolutely. My point however was that it's an inherent human trait to attribute such gain to someone.

Comment

Happy with my Emma purchase, it would have been going in spare room rather than returned i suspect but have no inclination to change after 7 months. Had an eye on a megabucks one but dont feel the need.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Really wish this Emma was a sex robot, and not just a mattress
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Angel Heart. Underrated, atmospheric movie and a fantastic soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    . I mean over on boards I can only hope the likes of outlaw Pete are trolling or maybe paid or something for their daily contributions.
                                    Ah, i did wonder why you were always posting such confident "insights" into my mental processes over the last while, didn't realise you were lumping me in with people from boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Ah, i did wonder why you were always posting such confident "insights" into my mental processes over the last while, didn't realise you were lumping me in with people from boards.
                                      Is there a general term for doing that? I've noticed that I often attribute opinions to people, based on what are often very small areas that coincide with others.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jacinda Ahern coming out of this like a boss.

Her party ships an overall majority in the election, the first time it has occurred in almost 30 years and she still looks to offer the Green Party a coalition.

Her approval ratings are the highest of any leader in the world outside of Putin, Xi & Kim obv.
                                        Yeah. Its great, a decent, competent, communicative, but not perfect, leader does well. Shocking that people would respond so positively to someone who seems to be intrinsically good.

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Absolutely. My point however was that it's an inherent human trait to attribute such gain to someone.
                                        Yup and a fair point.

It's curious though that Trump gets all this credit for the economy when most of the greatest economies have been under Dem administrations.

You often have to wonder whether the people that think they are better off really have the wherewithal to validate that.

Personally I think the efficacy of most government policies in civilized countries is only measurable on a glacial scale... and I think its even harder to attribute it, so vote for the person who seems the best human being and take personal responsibility to make the most of what you have.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Is there a general term for doing that? I've noticed that I often attribute opinions to people, based on what are often very small areas that coincide with others.
                                          Conjunction fallacy?
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

How are the mental processes homie? Will you promise to stop trolling on the trump stuff when he gets the boot?

I want the old Denny back. The engaged conversationalist who is telling us we are mad to be investing in Boeing.(ty)

Comment

Make Denny Great Again

Comment

What are the chances of my local butchers (Brady's) having a cut of Brisket?

Haven't cooked it before, is it readily available?
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Make Denny Great Again
                                                  MDMA

Make Denny Messy Again

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    What are the chances of my local butchers (Brady's) having a cut of Brisket?

Haven't cooked it before, is it readily available?
                                                    This crowd will have it. Not sure how far you are from Address: Ballymount Cross Industrial Estate, Unit 2K, Ballymount Rd Lower, Dublin 24

Have had several deliveries from them, all top class.

Have a picaha in the fridge i that i will hopefully get to cook sunday

Choose from our fabulous Beef Range. All premium, restaurant quality cuts at affordable prices - Delivered Direct to Your Door!

Last edited by oleras; 30-10-20, 21:24.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

This crowd will have it. Not sure how far you are from Address: Ballymount Cross Industrial Estate, Unit 2K, Ballymount Rd Lower, Dublin 24

https://thepremiumbutcher.ie/product-category/beef/
                                                      Not too far at all. Cheers Ole.

Making this btw..

Bake beef brisket until meltingly tender in a sweet, smoky sauce, with a gentle chilli kick - serve in warm wraps or on baked potatoes

Comment

Yeah. Its great, a decent, competent, communicative, but not perfect, leader does well. Shocking that people would respond so positively to someone who seems to be intrinsically good.

Yup and a fair point.

It's curious though that Trump gets all this credit for the economy when most of the greatest economies have been under Dem administrations..
                                                        It does seem silly that whoever happens to be in charge of the good part of the cycle gets the credit, but there was a huge boost in small business optimism and consumer confidence immediately in reaction to Trump's election which should have translated into a meaningful effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Not too far at all. Cheers Ole.

Making this btw..

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...racker-brisket
                                                          Damn...i can smell that !! lol
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We should have a wager on this.

I say no deal done by end of October (see how generous I am, I am even adding 2 weeks to the Boris deadline).

It's a strange bet for me as obviously the costs of a no-deal Brexit far outweigh the momentary satisfaction at winning your cash.

Usual amount?
                                                            Seems like I have won my first political bet of the week. Now onto Florida to double my winnings. Go Gators!

I should also congratulate Denny on winning our bet on Trump seeing out his term. He shall be paid in meat and wine, in the finest traditions of wagers in these parts.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some of the theories that are floating around about what Trump might do post-election if he doesn’t win:

I never really thought what might happen if he loses and leaves the office, what will he get up to then? He’s not going to simply write a memoir and sail off into the sunset

Interesting suggestions include:

1. Selling secrets to foreign governments

2. Starting a new TV show which is apparently already in the works

3. Lifetime Republican megaphone using his 80m+ Twitter account to drum up support for others

I naively thought that the show would just stop if he lost and left office but not sure that will actually happen.

Comment

The virus has just made the margin of defeat bigger. I'm sure the droves were coming out anyway. It would have been closer but his idiocracy has been an affront to every American , even the racists . He's handed the democrats the house keys
                                                                  if this isnt called on the day I'd be shocked. (At least by the pundits)

Comment

Saw Leonard earlier on the telly box

Comment

Comment

And yet the Murdoch press still smear her:

Comment

How are the mental processes homie? Will you promise to stop trolling on the trump stuff when he gets the boot?

I want the old Denny back. The engaged conversationalist who is telling us we are mad to be investing in Boeing.(ty)
                                                                          And Tesla! Definitely on to somethingthere

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

And yet the Murdoch press still smear her:

A very strange take on a landslide win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                There's a low enough bar for a year in jail. Falsely claiming 20% tax credit adding up to €7000 and off to a prison cell you go for 12 months.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...-had-1.4395776
                                                                                Where do you draw the line ? she owed revenue 70k+

If she came to court with the 7k i would hazard a guess all would be sound.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Was listening to a podcast today that mentioned in passing three pieces that bizarrely all came up on radio or TV during the rest of the day

I'd already called up Excitable boy album on spotify that had two versions of Werewolves of London on it when it came on the radio then Jonathan Richman and Leonard were both on Jools

Not even finished the podcast yet but lots of interesting stuff in the first half

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I personally think this is a rather simplistic view to take. I'm sure there are alot of people who are doing alot better than they were financially 4 years ago, if the economy has improved as it is said. Human behavior would deem it natural that that person might be more favourable to vote for the person responsible (or at least deemed responsible) for bringing about that change.

Now you may put that into the box called "unknowingly a rasict" but i think that's very unfair to the person i describe above. Now maybe the reason they voted for Trump was selfish, maybe even illogical but to tar them as a racist just because of it doesn't seem right to me.

*Disclaimer, i think Trump is evil and he has made America an infinitely worse place during the last 4 years that may take generations to change.
                                                                                    I hear what you are saying but I'm convinced you are wrong, Trump has drawn a clear and unambiguous line that there is no choice but to choose which side you stand on irrespective of economy or other social issues.
                                                                                    There was a piece on Newsnight from a retirement community in Florida that is well worth watching. take a look at it and reflect on those people who don't want to talk politics and whats going on with them.

Comment

I hear what you are saying but I'm convinced you are wrong, Trump has drawn a clear and unambiguous line that there is no choice but to choose which side you stand on irrespective of economy or other social issues.
                                                                                      There was a piece on Newsnight from a retirement community in Florida that is well worth watching. take a look at it and reflect on those people who don't want to talk politics and whats going on with them.
                                                                                      Not all Trump supporters are racists, however all racists are Teump supporters.

Comment

I’ve been meaning to try Fridman, I’ve lost interest in Sam Harris given this extra questions behind a paywall model. I’ve never paid but I just dislike it as a general model.

Does anyone know where Alex Gibneys new Trump documentary can be seen.

Comment

8 minutes in and already a yellow card à piece. Going to get messy downunder

Comment

I’ve been meaning to try Fridman
                                                                                            #100 where he interviews his father was put up by I think opr here a while ago and is one of the best things I watched this year... Worth watching on YT rather than just listening.

Also the one with Josha Bach is fantastic.
                                                                                            I also enjoyed the one with Brian Kernighan but its very domain specific.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-10-20, 09:35.

Comment

RIP Nobby Styles

When Alf Ramsey told him he was to mark Eusebio Nobby asked 'Boss do you mean I should mark him for the match or for life?'

1_JS42994094.jpg

Comment

I’ve been meaning to try Fridman, I’ve lost interest in Sam Harris given this extra questions behind a paywall model. I’ve never paid but I just dislike it as a general model.

Does anyone know where Alex Gibneys new Trump documentary can be seen.

They were streaming it last night for free but it was geoblocked. It’s on Apple TV but you have to pay.
                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Best one in a while

Comment

Labelling everyone who votes for Trump. c.50m people as racists is a fairly close mined view. And in some regards somewhat discriminatory, ironically.
                                                                                                    The US political game is far more complicated than simply endorsing every aspect of the president.

Comment

I see the US just hit 100k cases in a day.

That should make for some fun last-minute attack ads as they juxtapose that with Trump's nonsensical claim of having turned the corner.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A few "Never Trumpers" have carved themselves a nice niche as effective Republican Defectors. Former right wing media members now "liberal" social media stars.

Republican Voters Against Trump(RVAT) have raised 40m since the primaries. Just one of their more recent ads:

Comment

...

Comment

RIP Sean Connery. Truly a legend among actors and one of my favourite.
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                              RIP Sean Connery. Truly a legend among actors and one of my favourite.
                                                                                                              2nd only to Russ Abbott in the list of Great Bonds .

Comment

Just heard he turned down the role of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. He was offered a percentage of the profits. Would have made 500 million. Said he couldn’t understand what it was about.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Labelling everyone who votes for Trump. c.50m people as racists is a fairly close mined view. And in some regards somewhat discriminatory, ironically.
                                                                                                                  The US political game is far more complicated than simply endorsing every aspect of the president.
                                                                                                                  Its divisive but it is true, because people are wrong or in denial of their own motives doesn't change the reality of what they are doing.

If you are not actively working to mitigate racism, even if you are ignoring reality and pretending that its not a problem or being utterly delusional and trying to pretend that Trump is not a racist then you are a racist. Its not nice but its true, and Joe Biden getting into power isn't going to fix it but enabling Trump to remain a public figure, rewarding him for his explicit support of white supremacy by ticking a box beside his name in an election is making it worse and so an explicitly racist action.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                    Just heard he turned down the role of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. He was offered a percentage of the profits. Would have made 500 million. Said he couldn’t understand what it was about.
                                                                                                                    They usually set those up to lose money so they don't have to pay points (unless he was getting points of gross, but that's rare)

One of our Patrons, DJ, asks: What’s the deal with Hollywood Accounting? Here’s a fun fact for you to mull over, despite having a clause in his contract that entitled him to a share of the total net profits of Return of the Jedi, David Prowse didn’t get so much as a single thin cent from Lucasfilm from this because, [...]

Comment

Statement due later apparently. I just want to see him deny it.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                      X