This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I'm disappointed that gyms are closing especially given the effort my place has gone to in order to make it as safe as possible. No complaints with the decision but still frustrating.

The 10km restrictions being floated around is a little disappointing too but at least Laz can get a marathon and half in if he wants.
    10km gets me to golf so fuck the rest of ya
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

for SP
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

While 4 more years of Trump would be fairly catastrophic it'd nearly be worth it to see the fallout that would occur in this thread..... nearly

Comment

Fleetwood Mac Rumours in billboard top 10 after 42 years .
          impressive . And they are all still alive .

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
            While 4 more years of Trump would be fairly catastrophic it'd nearly be worth it to see the fallout that would occur in this thread..... nearly
            I'd be more concerned with all those pigs flying overhead .

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
              I suppose everyone will have to listen to me incessantly proclaiming myself the greatest political pundit of all time.

Seems a small price to pay tbf.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trump trashing Fauci.

That'll play well in middle America.

Comment

Plus I get to use my Memes for 4 more years FB_IMG_1603125532341.jpg
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Trump related but not 538 or Twitter: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...-world-war-iii

I've said it in the past but FA must be the best value pay-for publication @$35 a year.

Comment

Ah gad I'm fucking bored of Covid

Comment

New lad in work who started 3 weeks ago arrives into work today with a cough that he didnt have last week and not looking the.best. Boss sent him home, told him to get tested and not come back for 14 days whether hes positive or not. Surely some people are just thick still doing that kind of stupid thing at this stage.

Comment

Oh and his girlfriends dad had a test before the weekend tested positive today. Moronic stuff.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                When is this announcement happening?
                                Around 9 apparently. Get confirmation that the wedding is being postponed

Comment

Last lockdown the weather was glorious and there was a bit of a novelty factor. Many people going to go postal this time round unfortunately. At least the kids are out of the house. Embrace the grimness.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Pandemic is being driven by absolute fuckwits
                                    fuck each and every last club gaa team who went on the piss over the last few months and the hombre s making excuses for them

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Pandemic is being driven by absolute fuckwits
                                        fuck each and every last club gaa team who went on the piss over the last few months and the hombre s making excuses for them
                                        Unless you have the resources to do something similar to the NBA bubble which had players completely isolated for almost 3 months then GAA and other Elite sports should be put on hold.

Even besides the actual additional risk of transmission, I think GAA fans are happy enough for it to be postponed.

Comment

Unless you have the resources to do something similar to the NBA bubble which had players completely isolated for almost 3 months then GAA and Elite sports should be put on hold.

Even besides the actual additional risk of transmission, I think GAA fans are happy enough for it to be postponed.

Comment

Trump related but not 538 or Twitter: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...-world-war-iii

I've said it in the past but FA must be the best value pay-for publication @$35 a year.
                                            Yeah it's one of the best.

Comment

At least with this lockdown, the news on vaccinations is so good that at least we have an end in sight.

Comment

Comment

Bills Chiefs at 10 and half way through a bottle of red. Fuck the cunts

Comment

oh no! I thought they were maintaining the numbers at weddings at 25 despite the move to Level 5, no?
                                                    Irish times reporting that it's only the ceremony and not the reception that can have 25 so won't really be doable given the travel restrictions to ask folks to show up for 25 mins and then piss off

Comment

Anyone fancy a Zoom quiz?

Comment

Great time to be trying to buy a house and a car and have a bab!

Comment

Great time to be a reluctant groom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            2.72 now.

Big moves today but no real events underlining them. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              On the other hand, i'm making the best improvised doom electronics and blackened ambient music I've ever made.

Always look on the bright side of life!

Comment

Comment

Comment

All thanks to TattooFaceTikTokMan
                                                                    Plus the actual band Fleetwood Mac .

Comment

At least the mental health of so many people will be secure as they will get to see their county get hand passed out of the championship on a wet shitty winter weekend day

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hmmmm. That's the first reasonable explanation of the most mystifying thing of the last four years; how he has been allowed to continue in power.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

How's the recording project coming along HJ?

Hoping to get my first cassette release out before Christmas. Recording done but my graphic designer is busy cos he's working on something called Call of Duty: Black Ops or some shit in California.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-10-20, 23:39.

Comment

They cancelled golf. That massive super spreader sport because those dopy cunts had a big dinner after a golf outing. Fuck it I’m with Gemma.

Comment

So is it Limerick time again?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    They cancelled golf. That massive super spreader sport because those dopy cunts had a big dinner after a golf outing. Fuck it I’m with Gemma.
                                                                                    Ah ffs

Comment

Oh well, lockdown again. Best get back into Tim's Twitter Listening Parties.

Recent joys include The Fall, Cocteau Twins, The Divine Comedy, The Pixies..

but you can also access all 480+ listening parties. There's something for everyone there... Madness, Blur, Oasis, Joy Division, The Special, The Smiths, A Certain Ratio, The Waterboys, Tears for Fears, Dexy's Midnight Runners, The Beat, Lloyd Cole, Duran Duran and on and on and on...

just hit on play the album then press 'replay' on the site and off you go...
                                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-10-20, 23:46.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        5km rule but they stay open

Comment

It's too much of a tale to say why I hated Zombie when it first came out in 1994 and the troubles were following me to the other side of the world via this song but I have to say I think Miley Cyrus does a great thing here. I wanted to hate Dolores because of her senior infants take on political violence but... well i'd rather she wasn't dead that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                            It's too much of a tale to say why I hated Zombie when it first came out in 1994 and the troubles were following me to the other side of the world via this song but I have to say I think Miley Cyrus does a great thing here. I wanted to hate Dolores because of her senior infants take on political violence but... well i'd rather she wasn't dead that's for sure.

It's not bad but seen a standard pub band do better a few years back.

How did Belfast Child appeal to you ?
                                                                                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It's not bad but seen a standard pub band do better a few years back.

How did Belfast Child appeal to you ?
                                                                                              Or this
                                                                                              All pretty shite interpretations of what was going on TBH albeit it with some interesting background visuals.

I wouldn't really blame anyone at this juncture.

I remember going to the Grand National once with my auld fella, well after the Warrington bomb and strict security (post-IRA cancellation too I think). I spent all night dancing with a Wirral wedding party in a hotel and going to visit the scene of the crime later. Simple Minds nor The Cranberries mattered then.

What odds? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

5km rule but they stay open
                                                                                                I read that perhaps courses will be closed.

My membership is up soon and a course <1km away is tempting.

Comment

I read that perhaps courses will be closed.

My membership is up soon and a course <1km away is tempting.
                                                                                                  I recently applied for next year and my summer deal runs out at the end of the month. I live exactly 5km from the course. No confirmation yet if golf is allowed, I think the GUI has been in touch with the government and is making a statement today.

Comment

after sleeping on it, this is self-serving nonsense.

There's never going to be a good time to be trying to buy a house, a car, and have a bab.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 20-10-20, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I recently applied for next year and my summer deal runs out at the end of the month. I live exactly 5km from the course. No confirmation yet if golf is allowed, I think the GUI has been in touch with the government and is making a statement today.
                                                                                                      I joined my place last Sept until Dec this year as part of a 15months for price of 12months because I knew Aul Switcheroo and the Director out there was very nice.

I decided not to pursue the course closer to my house because when I visited they said they'd ring me back and never did. That happened to two other people I know who enquired too so it isn't an isolated incident.

That said, given I want to play more irrespective of the current restrictions. I'm trying to weigh up, do I sacrifice the social aspect of my current course which is 25 mins away for the convenience of a course 1min away.

If I wanted to play once a week, its a no brainer but given I want to get better and get my handicap down, I'm a little torn.

Comment

So ban people from playing a sport where social distancing is baked in (golf) and allow a bunch of amateur super spreaders to traipse around the country because it’ll allegedly help the “mintl hilth “ of the nation
                                                                                                        Fuck.off
                                                                                                        banning golf is just fear of the live line whingers

Comment

I joined my place last Sept until Dec this year as part of a 15months for price of 12months because I knew Aul Switcheroo and the Director out there was very nice.

I decided not to pursue the course closer to my house because when I visited they said they'd ring me back and never did. That happened to two other people I know who enquired too so it isn't an isolated incident.

That said, given I want to play more irrespective of the current restrictions. I'm trying to weigh up, do I sacrifice the social aspect of my current course which is 25 mins away for the convenience of a course 1min away.

If I wanted to play once a week, its a no brainer but given I want to get better and get my handicap down, I'm a little torn.
                                                                                                          I've a decision to make in 2022 as the intro deal I'm on will expire and have to move to full membership. There's meant to be a €5k joining fee . Although I believe that was reduced to only €1.5k (3 years x €500 + annual sub) . My club is 10 mins away and has a nice small practice area plus I know plenty of members. The next course is about 25 mins away and has no joining fee. It's a newer course that's a bit tougher and has good facilities. However the social side of things is poor and I can't imagine driving an hour just to do a quick practice session.

Looking at all the retired ould fellas schooling me and enjoying their rounds is fantastic. Delighted I picked it up, great to think that I have a new sport that I can play for the next 30+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I've a decision to make in 2022 as the intro deal I'm on will expire and have to move to full membership. There's meant to be a €5k joining fee . Although I believe that was reduced to only €1.5k (3 years x €500 + annual sub) . My club is 10 mins away and has a nice small practice area plus I know plenty of members. The next course is about 25 mins away and has no joining fee. It's a newer course that's a bit tougher and has good facilities. However the social side of things is poor and I can't imagine driving an hour just to do a quick practice session.

Looking at all the retired ould fellas schooling me and enjoying their rounds is fantastic. Delighted I picked it up, great to think that I have a new sport that I can play for the next 30+ years.
                                                                                                            Yeah the high joining fees are a little hard to stomach post Celtic Tiger but clearly people are willing to pay them. My membership was 850e for 15 months with 100e in lessons & 100e in bar credit. I maintain a similar rate until I pass "Intermediate" but still under 1k.

The other course has a great offer of 600e as it's regarded as a better course but gap is narrowing. It goes up to circa 1k-1.2k thereafter depending on where Intermediate to full membership occurs.

I'm so glad I kept with it after lockdown as I was at my wits end. A couple of 40pt+ rounds has me down to 15 now but I might be the worst 15 handicap golfer in the country. Yeah it's the longevity of it that is the most appealing but if I don't start even out driving these auld lads soon the frustration may start setting in again.

Comment

after sleeping on it, this is self-serving nonsense.

There's never going to be a good time to be trying to buy a house, a car, and have a bab.
                                                                                                              How is the housing market btw? have volumes fallen off a cliff, are sellers dropping prices etc

Not that I really give a shit having only moved in here 18 months ago but interesting that there is clearly no sign of major widespread financial distress yet...I guess extend and pretend is the order of the day with that. 2021 could be horrendous for people in the sectors that simply have no future.

Comment

Do we all reject science now Father ?

Comment

I see one of the Colombian cyclists in the Giro had tested positive again.First time was in March.

Comment

The conditions for having a support bubble are pretty restrictive. Thinking of either kidnapping a child, or getting certified with mental health challenges https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/35...pport-bubbles/

Who can form a support bubble

You can form a support bubble with another household in any of the following situations:
                                                                                                                    • if you are living alone with children under the age of 18
                                                                                                                    • if you live alone and have mental health challenges
                                                                                                                    • if you share parenting or custody arrangements
                                                                                                                    • if you live with a partner who has dementia (needs full-time care)
                                                                                                                    • if you live by yourself and have a carer or carers who support you
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      The conditions for having a support bubble are pretty restrictive. Thinking of either kidnapping a child, or getting certified with mental health challenges https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/35...pport-bubbles/
                                                                                                                      Relax I've got your back. I have enough mental health issues for both of us. I'll lend you a few

Comment

Dont all yell at me but is there really an Epidemic of mental health issues as opposed to let's say the dark days in cold austere ireland of years gone by .. it seems people have less basic worry than ever eg food , health , levels of actual poverty.. is it perhaps the sense of community lost versus the self serving comforts we give ourselves that allow us to crave the basic human connection ..
                                                                                                                        Subplot - reading HH and his porno VR experiences. Will that result in sexual problems in the future with real people .

Musings .
                                                                                                                        .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          I see one of the Colombian cyclists in the Giro had tested positive again.First time was in March.
                                                                                                                          I wonder if it's like Chicken pox in that it will lie dormant and resurface possibly when you are very run down like Shingles .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X