This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
    Kayroo, would you translate that judgement against G O'D the other day into plain English for a simpleton? https://www.courts.ie/acc/alfresco/8.../pdf#view=fitH
    Right...

GoD is being sued by the brother of Veronica Guerin for defamation. Guerin’s solicitors tried to formally present her with proceedings at her at home (totally normal) and thought they’d managed it but somehow the registered post was both accepted and rejected. No point getting into that.

A Belfast firm of solicitors then said they could accept the proceedings for her but, weirdly, said they’d send them on to her. That’s not normal so the plaintiff asked a judge to order that the documents sent to the Belfast firm was good enough to be considered “served”.

Following some more back and forth Go...D filed a document confirming she was representing herself and that she had gotten the documents.

She then tried to get the earlier court order set aside. The court refused. She agreed to change another order so all future documents would be sent to an address she gave. She also asked the court to restrict reporting of her address. The court agreed.

Then there were some procedural orders to get things moving.

Finally the judge decided she should pay the costs of the motion And that was that.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Mike Leigh's Abigail's Party starting on BBC 4 at 9pm for those interested in that sort of thing (improvised theatre/situation comedy from 1977).

"In a list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, voted for by industry professionals, Abigail's Party was placed 11th. It also appeared in a Radio Times poll to find the top 40 greatest TV shows on British television, published in August 2003."

Comment

I'll tell you what if I was of the Donohoe family there would have been extreme violence done to he outside the court today. Grrrrrrr

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
          Mike Leigh's Abigail's Party starting on BBC 4 at 9pm for those interested in that sort of thing (improvised theatre/situation comedy from 1977).

"In a list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, voted for by industry professionals, Abigail's Party was placed 11th. It also appeared in a Radio Times poll to find the top 40 greatest TV shows on British television, published in August 2003."
          Looking forward to that, looks like they are running a series of them. Will probably look and sound a bit dated but it was an unmissable oasis of quality in its day

Comment

Very cool but this ignited my inner Kayroo and gave me indigestion
            The 11th century structure was built by the Hiberno-Norse inhabitants of Dublin who were ancestors of the Vikings

Comment

Thought Mehole was about to quote Enver Hoxha's 1967 new year message there "This year will be harder than last year. On the other hand, it will be easier than the next year."
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Ugh, just recorded an hour of myself doing a training video. What a pain in the hole. Should have paid an actor.
                I am choosing to interpret this thusly:

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Got a Frida Khalo doll here last year and the whole thing was quite a fun experience
                  We create beautiful handcrafted dolls and soft toys that are meant to be kept and passed down bringing smiles to those who see them, read more
                  I know Guadalupe! Her stuff is lovely.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

That was amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I know Guadalupe! Her stuff is lovely.
                        She's a howl, can't remember all the ins and outs but she sent me a doll that was a special order for someone else and there wasn't time to send it back to her and on to the person it was for so I had to ship it on for her, the whole experience turned out to be great craic and my daughter who the present was for loved it.

Comment

For the further brightening up of Kayroo's evening

Comment

Comment

Not really lurking anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                Spotted a parrotless Twink just now in Tesco. #TwinkWatch
                                i was just resting
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                  Thought Mehole was about to quote Enver Hoxha's 1967 new year message there "This year will be harder than last year. On the other hand, it will be easier than the next year."
                                  he could have gone more Churchillian:

Now this is not the end.
                                  It is not even the beginning of the end.
                                  But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning
                                  which might even be more accurate. I don't know what we pay Zuutroph for, still no vaccine.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Now imagine every voter in the US watched this:

Comment

Steaming here as I sit through some lame work course that for some reason is chock full of Churchill quotes- course isn’t about genocide or being a degenerate alcoholic so not sure of the relevance
                                      How many of those quotes are one of his speechwriters/ backroom teams work anyway?

Comment

Getting real downlow and dirty now in the prez race with the Hunter Biden photos
                                        what is it with all the Fredos in us political dynasties?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                          Spotted a parrotless Twink just now in Tesco. #TwinkWatch
                                          I seen "Twink" was trending on Twitter the other day so clicked into the hashtag to see what she had been up to it wasn't at all what I was expecting but Collie would've been very happy
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That video is crazy, you should watch the documentary I linked to the other day it's infuriating & devastating.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

New series of Taskmaster starts tonight, this time on Channel 4.

Also The Apprentice (once much loved here) has been doing a few clip shows in the absence of a series this year.
                                              Tonight's on BBC1 is clips of the episodes where they went abroad, which were generally some of the best ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Steaming here as I sit through some lame work course that for some reason is chock full of Churchill quotes- course isn’t about genocide or being a degenerate alcoholic so not sure of the relevance
                                                How many of those quotes are one of his speechwriters/ backroom teams work anyway?
                                                I didn't know you and RD3 worked together.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Getting real downlow and dirty now in the prez race with the Hunter Biden photos
                                                  what is it with all the Fredos in us political dynasties?
                                                  What photos are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

What photos are those?
                                                    A BS story that the NY Post is running.

Basically you are expected to believe that:
                                                    • some guy who identified himself as 'Hunter Biden' dropped off a laptop for repair in Delaware (Biden at the time living in California)
                                                    • the owner of the laptop store describes himself as 'legally blind'
                                                    • this 'Hunter Biden' never came back
                                                    • the laptop dude discovered photos of Biden and other allegedly incriminating stuff on the laptop
                                                    • as a concerned citizen, naturally the first place he thought to send them was...Rudy Giuliani's lawyer
                                                    Amateur hour dirty tricks tbh. Although no doubt Trump will be roaring the place down about it.

Comment

Oh, and finally, the laptop was dropped off in April (allegedly)

But the files were created in September.

Presumably Hunter Biden broke into the laptop repair place at that time to create incriminating files about himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                        Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ really brings the feel good factor. You'd want to be a level 5 cynic for it not to bring a smile to your face.
                                                        That's a very odd show, very charming alright, feels like its aimed at an adolescent audience but also has some weird sense of being how a post brexit Britain would like to see itself

The Roy Keane character couldn't be better if Keane played himself
                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-10-20, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It really is all of this, a great description. I've been reading books and watching loads of videos about the possibility of VR for the last while in anticipation, expecting to be highly disappointed, but no - its so clearly the future. Loads more to do on getting the graphics up to speed - proper eye level 20k, but thats just technical stuff. The reason for doing it is there. It's kinda strange how Google, Microsoft, Apple are just letting Facebook steal the whole Western market.
                                                          VR >SHROOMS?

cliffs on the twink parrot thing . What has the ol bat been up to now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

VR >SHROOMS?

cliffs on the twink parrot thing . What has the ol bat been up to now ?
                                                            Twink was the guest on this weeks 'Living with Lucy'.
                                                            Been a quality TV week all told.

Comment

Oh, and finally, the laptop was dropped off in April (allegedly)

But the files were created in September.

Presumably Hunter Biden broke into the laptop repair place at that time to create incriminating files about himself.
                                                              Just ridiculously stupid.
                                                              Has all the hallmarks of a Jacob Wohl stunt
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A lidl bit of history while you shop

Icarus152 would have been all over that

Comment

Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden for the first three months.
                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden response for the first three months.
                                                                    Yeah, a timeline of the words and actions of the POTUS in the moment of greatest crisis in the world since 1941 mapped against his rival in the forthcoming election would be a really useful exercise.
                                                                    Would ya ever cop on and get back to pretending he's not a racist at least there is no hint you are doing anything other than trolling then

Comment

Highly misleading. They should do a timeline of Trump vs Biden for the first three months.
                                                                      Right.

Compare the actions of the actual President of the USA...with a civilian. And turn that into an exercise in whataboutery. That'll work.

Comment

Whatever about the politics, is this going to be the most money ever bet on a single market? Up to almost €150mm on the outright already on Betfair alone.

ah, google suggests the last one was the previous record so maybe I shouldn't be surprised

Comment

Right.

Compare the actions of the actual President of the USA...with a civilian. And turn that into an exercise in whataboutery. That'll work.
                                                                          It probably wouldn't play as well to include in that video that Trump set up the White House Coronavirus Task Force with Fauci in Jan? Trump was putting in measures, while Biden campaigning to be Democratic Party nominee, not just a citizen, spent weeks downplaying the risks, and mocking Trump for overreacting? Where's all that in the video?

edit: didn't even get to the bit where they accused him of calling cornavirus a hoax, lol.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 13:11.

Comment

Whatever about the politics, is this going to be the most money ever bet on a single market? Up to almost €150mm on the outright already on Betfair alone.

ah, google suggests the last one was the previous record so maybe I shouldn't be surprised
                                                                            I was there at the time for both Trump and Brexit. I believe up until this year, they are No1 and No2 for their largest markets to date.

I was managing the SP's book on the night of Brexit, politics trader went home early expecting a handy Stay. It was actually quite exciting relative to the usual US sports and shit soccer overnight.

I think Brexit finished around 150-160m so 2020 will be at least 2nd.

Comment

It probably wouldn't play as well to include in that video that Trump set up the White House Coronavirus Task Force with Fauci in Jan? Trump was putting in measures, while Biden campaigning to be Democratic Party nominee, not just a citizen, spent weeks downplaying the risks, and mocking Trump for overreacting? Where's all that in the video?
                                                                              Are you triggered by the video accurately calling out how much the President of the USA played golf while tens of thousands of his citizens died a preventable death?

Don't worry, he'll have plenty of time to improve his handicap soon.

Comment

edit: didn't even get to the bit where they accused him of calling cornavirus a hoax, lol.
                                                                                He wouldn't have had to set up a task force had he not dismantled one that was there already. You forgot that bit eh ?

Comment

Are you triggered by the video accurately calling out how much the President of the USA played golf while tens of thousands of his citizens died a preventable death?

Don't worry, he'll have plenty of time to improve his handicap soon.
                                                                                  I think you've lost all objectivity now that you've money on it, posting videos like that.

If only these people had been in charge right?

Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-20, 13:27.

Comment

Lucy ? Wouldn't you like to wake up to her big eyebrows in the morning?

No offence Kayroo

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I was there at the time for both Trump and Brexit. I believe up until this year, they are No1 and No2 for their largest markets to date.

I was managing the SP's book on the night of Brexit, politics trader went home early expecting a handy Stay. It was actually quite exciting relative to the usual US sports and shit soccer overnight.

I think Brexit finished around 150-160m so 2020 will be at least 2nd.
                                                                                      A Nephew who isn't really a punter had a couple of accounts I was using that summer and after Ascot was left with c 950 of his own in one of them. Sometime around midnight Brexit night he noticed that all he had to do was lump the lot on Remain and he'd have a nice round Grand that he would withdraw and spend...

Comment

I think you've lost all objectivity now that you've money on it, posting videos like that.
                                                                                        Most ironic post of 2020 .

Comment

If only these people had been in charge right?
                                                                                          more whataboutery

Harry Truman understood the nature of the job. Trump has no idea ("I take no responsibility").

See the little sign at bottom right?

H-Truman-buck-stops-here-e1449844450437.jpg

Comment

more whataboutery
                                                                                            Person A does something about a situation
                                                                                            Person B mocks him for overreacting
                                                                                            Situation gets worse. Person B says they would have reacted sooner.

Raoul: That's whataboutery

Comment

Person A does something about a situation
                                                                                              Person B mocks him for overreacting
                                                                                              Situation gets worse. Person B says they would have reacted sooner.

Raoul: That's whataboutery

Never mind.

It's just going to go away. Like magic.

Now where's that bleach and my syringe....

Comment

...

Comment

He sounds well...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

He sounds well...
                                                                                                    hilarious that he slags off Biden for reading off a teleprompter

Comment

Where was most of the brexit money coming from, did you have any idea? Like is it all just people who like the gambool, or you get the impression it was some sort of professional money. Maybe from hedge funds?
                                                                                                      I didn't have the interest at the time to investigate so I cant know for sure.

That said, there was alot of talk at the time for both Brexit & Trump that quite a lot of institutional money was involved as the result would impact the position of some in other markets.

Obviously in relative terms 150m-200m is small beans but when reviewing SP bets that were hitting triggers you were coming across a few Cambridge/Oxford educated economists that I certainly remember as shrewd.

I was limited because I couldn't see much on the exc side but certainly it was something that I recall floated around.

Comment

After reading all this stuff about Hunter Biden. I really hope the Americans dont vote for Hunter in the election. Hes as bad as Trump

Comment

I'll be honest, I would really like a more detailed trip report from Hitch's VR porn experiences (technical and experiential details I mean).

Comment

I won’t lie, I can’t even imagine the point of it
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

A silly question to save an unnecessary trip. I think I'm going to pop a bit more on Biden, as its just too silly at this stage. 10.5 points lead.

So - want to go to Boyles as they have 1/2 odds vs PP 2/5. So - can I just rock into a Boyles shop this evening and write '€700 bet Biden 1/2' and they'll take it. Or might they say its too large a bet, or that I need to call back during business hours?
                                                                                                                    Maybe specify US presidential outright (too many other markets)

I'm not adding any more at these prices, worst I took was a drop of 4/5. Just going to sit back and enjoy the show now.

Still some mad volume of bets for Trump that flies in the face of all available evidence. People are backing him at 15/8 enthusiastically.

Comment

A silly question to save an unnecessary trip. I think I'm going to pop a bit more on Biden, as its just too silly at this stage. 10.5 points lead.

So - want to go to Boyles as they have 1/2 odds vs PP 2/5. So - can I just rock into a Boyles shop this evening and write '€700 bet Biden 1/2' and they'll take it. Or might they say its too large a bet, or that I need to call back during business hours?
                                                                                                                      Bet size shouldn't be a big issue unless they're limiting it on the site. Might have to ring someone in head office for approval but shouldn't be more than that

Comment

...

Comment

Never mind yer 1/2 about a 4/9 shot

Lump on whatever Shane Foley rides
                                                                                                                          Lump on whatever Colin Keane rides
                                                                                                                          RFC the pair
                                                                                                                          Rinse and repeat until flat turf season ends
                                                                                                                          Easy game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X