• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ah pensions me bollix
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

They don't seem like scary odds to me. Mind you I'm doing a blood test on Tuesday for an inherited gene thing which significantly increases cancer risks, especially early onset, that I'm a coin flip for and I feel pretty good about the odds. Would you really be that scared of a one in 333 shot?
        When you have won bets at those odds I’d say yes
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Good to see the bledisloe Cup back in action with 4 games planned. First one was highly entertaining and nice to see spectators back in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The quote I saw today was 2/3 of all Irish deaths were people over 80 who also had a pre-existing condition.

For younger people without pre-existing conditions, it's the (largely still unknown) long-term effects, rather than very unlikely death, that should be scary.
                Certainly the part that would frighten me. Eoghan is young and fit so certainly an eye opener when he noted the persisting issues.

Also, I've played golf a couple of times with a guy who's a little older and is definitely carrying too much weight but seems healthy enough. He has been readmitted to hospital twice with pneumonia like symptoms since recovering from Covid.

Risk of dying is quite low for the majority of the population but the aftermath seems to be a nebulous which is somewhat more frightening than simply knowing you'll have x side effects afterwards.

Comment

I for one appreciate the use of the word 'nebulous' outside of Star Trek .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                    Can't take credit for that, Keane used it here one day and I had to google what it meant.

Clearly way too cool for Star Trek

Comment

We had to set some rules for the data that we spit out for our clients. The first and most important one got christened 'the prime directive'.

I was the only person who had no idea where that came from.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's going to make zero difference to the election, but the NYTimes has a really impressive piece on the sprawling swap of corruption Trump wallows in: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ies-swamp.html

Comment

Donnie drifting quite appreciably in the last 36 hours. Now 3.35 on BF with Biden 1.4.

Signs the GOP are giving up on him too. Could be quite the enjoyable run-in over the next three weeks as the Trump implosion goes nuclear. He was never going to go quietly was he....

Comment

Starting to feel a little optimistic but the stakes are so high and the electorate so incredibly dumb that I won't relax until the inauguration is done and dusted.

Do people believe that he actually has beaten covid or have things not been quite as they have been presented over the last week?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

For anyone with Play Music or Spotify, listen to a track called 'Let me let you down' by The Teskey Brothers.

Don't Google them, don't look for it on YouTube, play it, enjoy it, then Google them.

Been listening to that track for the last week or two. Got around to googling them last night and my head asploded.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Starting to feel a little optimistic but the stakes are so high and the electorate so incredibly dumb that I won't relax until the inauguration is done and dusted.

Do people believe that he actually has beaten covid or have things not been quite as they have been presented over the last week?
                                Well, he's off to Florida for a super-spreader event rally tomorrow.

Comment

Best mates daughter (21) tested positive , both he and the mrs have flu like symptoms getting tested tomorrow. Reckons theyre over the worst of it but they're only symptomatic since Friday. From what I have read it can deteriorate rapidly though and that often happens after the first week when people think they're grand.

Comment

Well, he's off to Florida for a super-spreader event rally tomorrow.
                                    He seems to be having a busier more energetic schedule post covid than Sleepy Joe ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

He seems to be having a busier more energetic schedule post covid than Sleepy Joe ever had.
                                      Yes, he's really turning things around.

Comment

Trump is toast .

Comment

3.25 now, a working mans price.

Comment

Trump is toast .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJD4g...nnel=MrTopStep

Never forget
                                            Last edited by Dice75; 12-10-20, 08:57.

Comment

I am looking for a cleaner, please be good, have had one who was fucking awful and a gardener. Looking for twice weekly. Any able to recommend anyone or point me in right direction of where I can find

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                I am looking for a cleaner, please be good, have had one who was fucking awful and a gardener. Looking for twice weekly. Any able to recommend anyone or point me in right direction of where I can find
                                                Book home cleaning services in Ireland at just €13.90 per hour with Helpling formerly Hassle. Finding domestic cleaners is so easy!

Comment

EkHIOBuXgAAAqMJ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Oh Bill. The hero of our times.
                                                      Even the sketches were a bit better than usual

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        I'm starting to feel sorry for him. I think hes way up on the spectrum . It's his followers I worry about now , throwing good money down the drain . Sure I tried to help them .

Trump is toast .

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

ICU beds in use and regular beds in use - protecting capacity in hospitals was why we flattened the curve in the first place.
                                                          The number of patients with Covid-19 in intensive care has increased by half in the space of a week.

There were 30 virus patients in ICU this morning, according to the Government’s data hub, down one from yesterday but up 10 on a week ago.

Hospitalisations are up 80 per cent over the past week, to 221 this morning from 120 a week ago.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            3.25 now, a working mans price.
                                                            I hope I wasn't the only one looking on oddschecker for the 3.25 and a horse named "A working mans price"

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              Where are you based? Have a good pal based out of Roundwood looking for regular work. He does more gardening than online stuff so his sites etc haven't been updated in years - https://www.facebook.com/heartandsoil/

Comment

Ah the good ol days when parody was parody..

9 years ago.
                                                                I heard Trump wanted to wear a superman vest under his shirt and reveal it on the White House balcony. Imagine the flood of sperm in Dennys trousers . Insert South Park pic.

Comment

Comment

Daughter just came in to me with her spellings homework wondering WTF 'strang' means

I checked and indeed her book has it. Has the DoE invented a new word?

Comment

The hair and other crap on Bojo's jacket

Comment

Comment

He's such a weird little man!
                                                                          Height: 6ft 2.5in
                                                                          Weight: 240lbs
                                                                          Blood Pressure: 122/74
                                                                          Cholesterol: 223
                                                                          RHR: 68 BPM

He's a perfect physical specimen

Comment

this kinda thing is bad for The Orange One

Comment

Daughter just came in to me with her spellings homework wondering WTF 'strang' means

I checked and indeed her book has it. Has the DoE invented a new word?
                                                                              Surely just missing the e?
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Could be the past tense of string: 'I strang him up in the basement, before raping , killing, and having him for dinner'.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                  Could be the past tense of string: 'I strang him up in the basement, before raping , killing, and having him for dinner'.
                                                                                  That is oddly very specific CC 
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Brilliant!

Theres no house pricing model that could tell you the true value of a house to within 4k, so the problem there might be more your excessive confidence in your pricing model than your wife's bidding prowess.
                                                                                    The manner and timing of the calls and that the other bidder dropped out at a nice round number exactly would lead me to suspicion.
                                                                                    My Mrs treated it like an ebay auction instead of waiting for them to call her. Still 4k is paltry for happiness. (now, the near 7k on stamp duty, solicitors, valuations, reports etc etc is another story )
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Surely just missing the e?
                                                                                      Grouped with 'gang', 'pang' etc

No, somebody (an educator) thinks it's a real word. Although I've had few illusions since the day the teacher had to use a calculator to add 30+36.

Comment

​​​​​​CC's Wild Bill-esque usage is corect.
                                                                                        It's the past tense of string.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          ​​​​​​CC's Wild Bill-esque usage is corect.
                                                                                          It's the past tense of string.
                                                                                          Though you would be wise not to pay too much attention to the doofus who cannot spell correct correctly

Comment

That's strung in general, strang is a dialectal synonym .

Comment

Tony Holohan is a gentleman and a scholar. Don't believe we could have a better man at the head of our Covid team.
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Height: 6ft 2.5in
                                                                                                Weight: 240lbs
                                                                                                Blood Pressure: 122/74
                                                                                                Cholesterol: 223
                                                                                                RHR: 68 BPM

He's a perfect physical specimen
                                                                                                Does he know both feet need to be on the scales?

Comment

Comment

Ah the good ol days when parody was parody..

9 years ago.
                                                                                                    I heard Trump wanted to wear a superman vest under his shirt and reveal it on the White House balcony. Imagine the flood of sperm in Dennys trousers . Insert South Park pic.

I always get a chuckle out of those kind of stories where it's reported that an anon source said that Trump did something mad and entirely unverifiable.

Comment

I'm going to try and shop local (so far as possible) for Christmas gifts this year, so if anyone has come across any decent websites with Irish made stuff that they would recommend I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I've mentioned this crowd https://www.carveon.com/ before that do nice leather stuff that might be of interest for instance
                                                                                                      Last edited by Keane; 12-10-20, 19:57.

Comment

I always get a chuckle out of those kind of stories where it's reported that an anon source said that Trump did something mad and entirely unverifiable.
                                                                                                        In fairness, these last few weeks have had plenty of verifiable examples of Trump doing something mad.

Comment

Do you chuckle at any of the verified facts. Just as bizarre .

Comment

In fairness, these last few weeks have had plenty of verifiable examples of Trump doing something mad.
                                                                                                            Ah no doubt, there's no need to make any up. I just wonder where the source was when he did his surprise visit outside the hospital. The WH news pool were in uproar that no one had told them.

Comment

Ah no doubt, there's no need to make any up. I just wonder where the source was when he did his surprise visit outside the hospital. The WH news pool were in uproar that no one had told them.
                                                                                                              He's off a tour of actively encouraging his supporters to catch covid. Clearly hasn't dawned on him that this is a losing play.

Comment

this kinda thing is bad for The Orange One

That is bizarre why do they try so hard to make it difficult for people to vote?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

That is bizarre why do they try so hard to make it difficult for people to vote?
                                                                                                                  Only in certain districts.

If you catch my drift....

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    I'm going to try and shop local (so far as possible) for Christmas gifts this year, so if anyone has come across any decent websites with Irish made stuff that they would recommend I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I've mentioned this crowd https://www.carveon.com/ before that do nice leather stuff that might be of interest for instance
                                                                                                                    Got a Frida Khalo doll here last year and the whole thing was quite a fun experience
                                                                                                                    We create beautiful handcrafted dolls and soft toys that are meant to be kept and passed down bringing smiles to those who see them, read more

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X