X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Anyone else have a form of Aphantasia? / phantasic

When I was younger I didn't realise how vividly other people are able to visualise things. Kinda just never thought anything of it. Best I can see is as if something was far away on a B&W TV. So for that set of questions above, I only have a very vague idea of a table/bar/person in my head. Dreams are more like ideas than visuals. So while I can lucid dream, it's not particularly exciting. And I never not known when I'm dreaming.

It's a bit like internal monologues, some people have them, some people don't, but people generally assume that everyone else has the same as them.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/blake...56834777480504
    I tend to fill in a lot of those details automatically.
    Red snooker ball, round wooden table, in a dark bar with low ceiling, room is empty. A woman walks up can’t see her face. Ball falls off and bounces 3 times. I can hear the bouncing noise on a concrete.

that was genuinely the first pass imagery. If I think back now after reading your full post, There’s lots of other details added. The black and white idea is just completely alien to me.
    Last edited by Mellor; 08-10-20, 14:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Red snooker ball, round wooden table, in a dark bar with low ceiling, room is empty. A woman walks up can’t see her face. Ball falls off and bounces 3 times. I can hear the bouncing noise on a concrete.

that was genuinely the first pass imagery. If I think back now after reading your full post, There’s lots of other details added. The black and white idea is just completely alien to me.
      Jeez that's gas, I'd be much more on the other side of it - just a fuzzy notion of a nondescript ball falling off a nondescript table, like something seen out of the corner of my eye on a black and white TV as described. Had to make up answers to all the questions. That's very interesting.

Comment

I think neo nazi should be condemned. Does this mean I condemn them ? phrasing is important as it can indicate mindset. How hard is it to take self responsibility and simply say I - MYSELF CONDEMN WHITE SUPREMACY. . Its a throwaway unless you do.

'Sure ' Also means fk all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

that's mad

SPOILER
          you'd never see a woman in a snooker hall
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

First confirmed covid case in the eldest's secondary school. Hopefully be as little drama as with the other two's primary.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I don't think Trump actually wants to bust this myth. Everyone repeats it so often, and everyone he wants to vote for him knows it is nonsense. Every time they say it, it helps him imo.
                Perhaps he doesn't but perpetuating the myth does nothing more than solidify his position with a group that is never voting for a Democrat anyway.

It doesn't do anything for him in gaining votes with the undecided voters, which is what he needs. If anything, it's probably fair to say it's a deterrent so hardly a smart move politically.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

18 Oliver Plunkett Avenue, Monkstown Farm, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin A96PC04, 3 Bed, asking price €425,000, brought to market by Sherry FitzGerald Dun Laoghaire, Residential - 4455752 (rated F)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      A rare construction question.

You see this tiny place that some chancer is shamefully trying to get €425k for on the grounds that they have planning permission for a (smallish in square metres) two storey extension out the back - not mentioning of course that that means there will be no garden left in the house after building an extension. Whats a ballpark figure for what an extension like that would cost? Like I've no idea if it would be €20k, €50k, €100k. Just no idea.

This might help for a rough idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Anyway, more important matters to hand. My choice for later....

Randolph
                        Doherty Egan Duffy Stevens
                        Hendrick McCarthy Hourihane
                        Connolly McGoldrick McClean
                        Close, Robinson for Connolly. COYBIG

Oleras backing Hendrick for FGS?

Comment

Comment

Looks like a handy enough website! Maybe it gives too many choices to a dunce like myself. But from the buttons I pressed it suggested €60,000.
                            My gut would say 100k +. It still wouldn't be a very big house though at under 100 sq metres so the house there must be pretty small

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

My gut would say 100k +. It still wouldn't be a very big house though at under 100 sq metres so the house there must be pretty small
                                That website suggests €143k for my own renovation project, which I would bite off my own hand for. So would think it's underestimating.

Comment

Duffy anytime @14/1
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Halloween getting cancelled is the best thing about Covid.

Jesus I hate it.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Stephen Kenny is a very good coach.

Hourihane is a world class Darren Gibson.

Comment

Fuck me, international soccer is shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Jesus I hate it.
                                          Love Halloween, this'll be only the 2nd time in the past 20 years that I won't make it to the IFI for any Horrorthon screenings

Comment

That calculator seems pretty decent.

Bro renovated a house for our mother, cost approx 45-50k for him to do the work. Calculator came in at 90k which seems about right.

Perhaps closer on culchie prices

Comment

Looks like a handy enough website! Maybe it gives too many choices to a dunce like myself. But from the buttons I pressed it suggested €60,000.
                                              Cheaper version...

Buy some cardboard boxes.

"Hey kids want to make a fort in the garden"
                                              "Yay" (kids rushing out to garden)
                                              "Enjoy your new room suckers" (locking door)

Comment

Jesus I hate it.
                                                The noise is unreal, you'd be half expecting to see a mushroom cloud with some of explosions!
                                                When I had a dog the poor hound would shivering in the corner for the night.(mind you it would be the corner of a nice couch so at the least the shivering was done in comfort)

Comment

Good stop but how did he miss!

Comment

Mother of divine fucking Jesus

Comment

First full football match I've watched in a very, very long time - don't think I picked a good one! Yikes. Penalties will decide this if it ends a draw, yeah?

Comment

Anyone selling a car? Looking for any oul yoke that'll carry on uninterrupted for another year until I get an electric car.

'Family' friendly for baby seat etc required.

Comment

Drains the tension a bit when you know theres a good chance the next match probably won’t happen anyway
                                                          what are odds on premiership being voided this season

Comment

Anyone got a good butcher to buy dry aged steak etc from? Got a shout for John Stone but they don’t deliver outside Munster and Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              First full football match I've watched in a very, very long time - don't think I picked a good one! Yikes. Penalties will decide this if it ends a draw, yeah?
                                                              Yes

The empty stadium just kills the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                That calculator seems pretty decent.

Bro renovated a house for our mother, cost approx 45-50k for him to do the work. Calculator came in at 90k which seems about right.

Perhaps closer on culchie prices
                                                                Not sure it accounts for HH's case with a 2 storey job

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  Anyone selling a car? Looking for any oul yoke that'll carry on uninterrupted for another year until I get an electric car.

'Family' friendly for baby seat etc required.
                                                                  Congratulations!

might have one in a month or two, probably too late for you by the time I get around to it.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rumour that the two missing lads are because an FAI copy and paste left them out (Aaron and Adam), no idea if true obvs but Lol if it is FFS.

Edit- yeah untrue as i suspected.
                                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 08-10-20, 23:01.

Comment

Jesus I hate it.
                                                                      Am watching The Haunting of Hill House on netflix. It's very good but very fucking scary. My poor heart is finding it very tough to watch.
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Congrats Emmet

Pro tip: leather seats. Thank me first time you wipe off something unspeakable.

Comment

Paging Ole . DARK season 3 ?

Comment

Utter shite, should have just read me buke!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                Congrats Emmet

Pro tip: leather seats. Thank me first time you wipe off something unspeakable.
                                                                                Thats what wives are for you amateur

Comment

Pence abrubtly cancelling engagements and heading back to DC.

Hmm, either he has the Rona or Trump is fucked.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Emmet , not selling one but have a look at the Bangernomics thread on boards, I've bought 3 cars posted there. Some of the lads really know their stuff.

Guest , Hugh Maguire butchers. Based in Ashbourne but delivering nationwide afaik. Have got loads of their fry aged stuff and it's all top class.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                      I think you are on drugs if you are backing against Trump. He once said he could shoot someone in the head on TV and retain his popularity, he has done much much worse and and is still a flip, and decent % will be secret Trump voters . He wasnt joking. The US is more rancid and hateful than any country in the world. I dont think there is any chance he is beaten and if he is genuinely think we will see a civil war of sorts in the US.
                                                                                      Updated opinion ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Updated opinion ?
                                                                                        Trump trumps. MAGA.

Comment

that's mad

SPOILER
                                                                                          you'd never see a woman in a snooker hall
                                                                                          Could have been a slender man in drag, not sure why I'm magining that.

A rare construction question.

You see this tiny place that some chancer is shamefully trying to get €425k for on the grounds that they have planning permission for a (smallish in square metres) two storey extension out the back - not mentioning of course that that means there will be no garden left in the house after building an extension. Whats a ballpark figure for what an extension like that would cost? Like I've no idea if it would be €20k, €50k, €100k. Just no idea.
                                                                                          They don't lose that much of the garden as they are building in the spot of the existing single story extension.
                                                                                          It's basically turning the current 1 Living/2 Bed into a basic 2 Living/3 Bed

The calculator site doesn't allow extra-over costs for two story extension, demolition, access issues. It's about 35 sqm. So at 2.5k/sqm it's going to be close to €90k. Plus another €10-20k on the rest of the house imo.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems this is a real movie. Something very 2020 about it

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Updated opinion ?
                                                                                                Would hate to have a bean involved. Think it will be very tight. Think huge % of people in America dont fess up to voting Trump but do. Regardless of result it's a rancid place. Think there is a decent chance of civil war or whatever new media dresses it up as. Cant see either side accepting the results.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Seems this is a real movie. Something very 2020 about it

looks amazing c. 1% chance its as good as the trailer
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

All those tenners...
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Paging Ole . DARK season 3 ?
                                                                                                        Very similar to S1 and S2...in that i hadnt a feckin clue what was happening...lol, I do know at the time im watching i kinda understand, could be the wine...

I think i have 2 left to watch in S3, but i doubt i will come away going..ah!!...buy one never knows.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Fuck me, international soccer is shite.

Originally posted by Ionapaul

That was some of the best football we've played in at least 5 years, probably longer. Playing as they are after just three games under Kenny gives me actual hope, like real hope, not just blind patriotic optimism hope.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

The daughter seems rather excited, in the manner of a kid awaiting a circus performance, for the arrival next week of a male teacher to teach English. From what I pick up, the class are fascinated as they've never previously seen a male teacher and didn't think that men could be teachers.
                                                                                                                Despite the fact that her dad is a teacher? What does she thinks you do?
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Where's Sarah Cooper when you need her?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                    That was some of the best football we've played in at least 5 years, probably longer. Playing as they are after just three games under Kenny gives me actual hope, like real hope, not just blind patriotic optimism hope.
                                                                                                                    if that was good football, I'd hate to see bad

Comment

NI breaking records again at 1080 cases. I haven't looked much in the past few months in terms of any gaps in testing but assuming it's similar, the probability of us getting into similar trouble and into L5 must be relatively high now.

I heard a couple of weeks ago about a potential mid term extension with an eye on locking everyone down for an extended 2 week period but I was quite dismissive at the time. Clearly the person was right about an extended midterm being on the cards so not quite as confident now.

Comment

some really decent series on amazon prime at the moment.

zerozerozero packs one hell of a punch, and a French one i've spoken about before is now on the platform: The bureau. A fantastic spy series. Arguably one of the best French series ever

Comment

Cheers man! Would that 2.5k/sqm be a decent ballpark figure in general?
                                                                                                                          Yeah. It’s about the ballpark for a complex build.
                                                                                                                          Single story, on a new site with good access, it comes down.

But also the level of finish. Easy to add thousands with real stone and timber. Or save thousands with paint and laminate.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X