This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Have to agree mostly because it is too complicated for the average Joe six pack who wont sit down and read the documents that support the tax charges so he can just say no he didn't. The rich republicans will indeed be impressed.
    I think it's actually really easy for Joe Sixpack

Trump paid $750 in tax.
    Compare mentally to what you paid.
    Process.
    React.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think it's actually really easy for Joe Sixpack

Trump paid $750 in tax.
      Compare mentally to what you paid.
      Process.
      React.
      The businesses were in some trouble so I decided to forgo taking money out to protect the people who rely on me. I am already rich you know - incredibly rich, I am a success you know - there hasnt been a success like me in history.

Trump will always make sure that those who need support are taken care of - Has Joe every missed a pay check to help out those less fortunate. USA USA USA

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

He's claimed that they were fake within the hour of the story breaking. the NYT released the amounts, but not the documents. Next step is to release the documents, but not sure why they wouldn't in the first place.
        because you gotta give someone the rope...
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Its not just about the content being accurate but it needs to be presented in a way that people dont get to choose if they believe it or not.

You didnt serve, you disrespected the troops and you take advice from Russians instead of Americans - easy to understand personal attack against him that requires no reading of tax documents.

The tax piece will fuck him over massively as a private citizen but I dont think its the strongest card in the election.

I would obv say play the tax card tho - it wont hurt but I think showing that his businesses lose money is more important as it cracks some of the titan of industry myth he is surrounded by.

Comment

Tax avoidance and tax evasion are two different things FYI
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Tax avoidance and tax evasion are two different things FYI
                It was tax avoision
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  It's no Hollywood Access tape.
                  Nothing matters.

The forthcoming election is simply a headcount of racists.

If there are enough of them turn out on election day Trump will cheat to try and avoid jail.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sounds more like evadence to me
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

look into it...
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

really? The Rock is someone I'd buy branded shit from. He's the definition of a great guy. This is way better an endorsement than any of those old guy De Niro style endorsements.
                        I more mean celebrity endorsements in general, than Dwayne in particular. Had no idea he was only 48. I thought he was well into his 60's tbh.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Its not just about the content being accurate but it needs to be presented in a way that people dont get to choose if they believe it or not.

You didnt serve, you disrespected the troops and you take advice from Russians instead of Americans - easy to understand personal attack against him that requires no reading of tax documents.

The tax piece will fuck him over massively as a private citizen but I dont think its the strongest card in the election.

I would obv say play the tax card tho - it wont hurt but I think showing that his businesses lose money is more important as it cracks some of the titan of industry myth he is surrounded by.
                          There in lies the problem. It's a relatively difficult topic imo to present in a manner that can't be spun differently by those who support him.

It's an opaque topic at the best of times and it's not as though questions around Trump's finances have not been floated for the last 4 years.

I don't think it will have much tangible impact in the lead up to an election but it may become a bigger story if he manages to get relected. Watergate was similar, did no damage to Nixon during election time, it was only after the election that it became a big story.

Comment

I just ordered a nonfiction book called The Lost City of the Monkey God.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I more mean celebrity endorsements in general, than Dwayne in particular. Had no idea he was only 48. I thought he was well into his 60's tbh.
                              Really? You watched his movies and thought that he looks like he is in his 60s? He looks well for his age, I would have thought early 40's myself.
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Was in beshoff fish and chips yesterday in clontarf for first time. Was very impressed with the quality of the fish and chips and was a beautiful day to be sitting on the grass eating it.

Didn't see the famous potato room though!
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Well worthwhile anyone in the general area of BlaaaLand making a trip out to Dunmore East for Calimari / Fish and Chips at the East Pier, outstanding the best I've ever eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Really? You watched his movies and thought that he looks like he is in his 60s? He looks well for his age, I would have thought early 40's myself.
                                    No. I may have seen the first Fast and Furious movie, though I don't think he was in that one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here we go. The easiest bat away in the world. "It's the failing new york times." I guess he'll be fucked over after the presidency is over and he's MrPrivate again, but thats got nothing to do with the election.

No-one who has Fox as their primary news source is going give a rats ass.

Trump is behind in the polls, he needs to acquire votes. This sure as shit isn't going to do it and might even persuade some of the (few) undecideds the other way.

Comment

Comment

Trump is behind in the polls, he needs to acquire votes. This sure as shit isn't going to do it and might even persuade some of the (few) undecideds the other way.
                                              Its amazing that something that would sink any other nomination in the US or any other democracy might persuade some the undecided and it might actually not change the outcome at all.

Its just so bizzare the amount of stuff that he can get away with and people will still chant his name.

Comment

yeah its not going to help him get votes for sure.

It hopefully goes without saying I personally think it disqualifies someone from office to act in so scumbaggy a way, but that seems to not be the criteria for being US president!
                                                I think the other thing to bear in mind is this isn't 'it'. There's much, much more juicy stuff stuff to come.

And the problem with these kind of tangled webs is that once you start pulling on one string, you're never really sure what's going to come out. Not good.

Comment

Comment

I think Lester Freamon said it best and sums up what is to come on Trumps taxes.

"You follow drugs, you get drug addicts and drug dealers. But you start to follow the money, and you don't know where the fuck it's gonna take you"

Comment

Now for an afternoon snack. Get yer monies on kids .
                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

YouGov have released their model for the election. Worked very well in the two most recent UK elections.

Comment

It seems crazy that a guy who is going to jail is still 11/10 to win the presidency. It beggars belief .

Now if Denny continues to upset teenagers by wearing his MAGA hat he may not even be here to hear us gloating .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            It seems crazy that a guy who is going to jail is still 11/10 to win the presidency. It beggars belief .

Now if Denny continues to upset teenagers by wearing his MAGA hat he may not even be here to hear us gloating .
                                                            The ultimate man to wear a MAGA hat is New Approach. I can still picture him sitting contentedly at a table in the Aquarium wearing the hat I gave Denny, he looked like every inch your stereotypical Trump supporter.

Wonder where that hat is now.

Comment

YouGov have released their model for the election. Worked very well in the two most recent UK elections.
                                                              I saw it yesterday on 538, clearly following the trend with Biden.

Decent article: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...supreme-court/ from them on the impact of Barratt replacing Ginsburg. The shift to a more conservative bench will likely place Brett Kavaunagh as the median judge on the court.

Also, I wasn't aware that the shift will also impact the nature of the cases heard by the court and not just the rulings. Abortion appears to be one area which is likely to receive quite a lot of attention. I suspect that quite a lot of additional civil unrest could arise from this.

Comment

The ultimate man to wear a MAGA hat is New Approach. I can still picture him sitting contentedly at a table in the Aquarium wearing the hat I gave Denny, he looked like every inch your stereotypical Trump supporter.

Wonder where that hat is now.
                                                                He probably injected himself with hydroxy. Easily obtained .

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not only that. A significant number will look at paying less than $1k as tax goals.

Comment

Free money available on the Tottenham Chelsea EFL Cup match tomorrow imo. Take 10/11 on Chelsea as Mourinho has confirmed that Spurs will instead be focusing in the Thursday night Europa qualifier match to make the group stages for financial reasons.

Comment

If you want to see how the Trump supporters view all this go check out r/conservative. It is just as you would expect.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Could have been worse. At least it wasn't Joe McHugh.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

He's claiming his account was hacked. It's hilarious.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Considering the game time he gets, Xhaka has to be worst Arsenal player of all time.
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Johnny Lydon upsetting the oul lads

Ei3dfeKXsAIjDM1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    He's claiming his account was hacked. It's hilarious.
                                                                                    Brilliant
                                                                                    Decent bit of schadenfreude when a sanctimonious prick and absolute fraud gets caught with his trousers down... for the second time this year too

Comment

So both Sky and the BBC run that Trump presser live while CNN show stuff from hours ago. Barely fake.
                                                                                      .

Comment

The picture is even SFW, its from a Guardian article on Irish beaches - a perfectly fine photo to look for

6017.jpg?width=1300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e4576d590f4acbeddda82f1c664c0f8d.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Johnny Lydon upsetting the oul lads

Ei3dfeKXsAIjDM1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                                          He ain't so pretty any more . Fecking hell .

Comment

The picture is even SFW, its from a Guardian article on Irish beaches - a perfectly fine photo to look for

6017.jpg?width=1300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e4576d590f4acbeddda82f1c664c0f8d.jpg
                                                                                            A little something for everyone there eh CC ?

Comment

Photos of naked people are SFW?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                Photos of naked people are SFW?
                                                                                                Be worse if you were caught with the Guardian.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    I'm reading Tarry Flynn, the language in it and through the story of the book its description of a point in time in rural Ireland is really entertaining.
                                                                                                    Its amazing isn't it.

When you've finished you should give this a spin its an adaptation done by PJ O'Connor and starring Donal McCann and Pegg Monahan. Terrific.

One of my most prized possessions is a copy of his collected poems which I was given by my wife's aunt, a Dominican nun in her 90's who lived the second half of her life in South Africa, to bring home to my late mother in law in which she has marked out the poems that are 'suitable' for her sister to read, she was very ill when I got back with it but I did get a chance to read some of them and of course being the divil I am I also read her a few of the unapproved ones to her in the nursing home before she died.

UDCisvW.jpg

E5ZteAS.jpg

Comment

He ain't so pretty any more . Fecking hell .
                                                                                                      He is Pretty Vacant

Comment

He is Pretty Vacant
                                                                                                        Never mind the bollocks.

Comment

.
                                                                                                          I tried to cook octopus for dinner last night . Impossible. It kept turning the gas off .

Comment

Dublin's finest, Take the Cake, have excelled themselves with this birthday cake for the kid. He's turning five in style. It wasn't cheap, but then again we can't do any activities, so it feels like we've made a net profit on the day. The cake looks ridic good in practice.

Birthday-Blackout.jpg
                                                                                                            1st thought, Jaysus I'd lash into that myself.

2nd thought, Jaysus you'll be scrapping the child off the ceiling for days after a sugar rush like that.

When did I get so middle aged that those 2nd thoughts were allowed to suck the fun out of life.

Comment

Debate Day in the Prezelection so all eyes on that (well middle of the night our time). Expect Trump to be Trump and Biden to be, well, normal. He has plenty of ammo to be used as required.

Two very bad polls yesterday for Trump - all his roads to victory go through Pennsylvania and two A-rated pollsters have him 9 points behind there. Biden now 8/11 and Trump approaching 11/8 on the machine.

Anything possible of course but in this very polarised cycle, it's hard, barring some kind of total meltdown, to see either contender getting much momentum out of tonight...

Comment

Its amazing that something that would sink any other nomination in the US or any other democracy might persuade some the undecided and it might actually not change the outcome at all.

Its just so bizzare the amount of stuff that he can get away with and people will still chant his name.

Comment

7rhppob0zvp51.jpg

Comment

Fr Doughal McGuire could beat Trump tonight in the debate. Car crash incoming

Comment

Well worthwhile anyone in the general area of BlaaaLand making a trip out to Dunmore East for Calimari / Fish and Chips at the East Pier, outstanding the best I've ever eaten.
                                                                                                                      I'm surprised SP, I was out there 3-4 weeks ago on a Friday evening and 4 of us thought the Fish & Chips was very poor. I asked and they didn't have calamari on so I can't comment.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try again as the reviews are generally good. It was a friday and as usual very busy but I was disappointed at the time.

Next time you're down in Tramore, try the pizza in Bardoe, it's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I'm surprised SP, I was out there 3-4 weeks ago on a Friday evening and 4 of us thought the Fish & Chips was very poor. I asked and they didn't have calamari on so I can't comment.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try again as the reviews are generally good. It was a friday and as usual very busy but I was disappointed at the time.

Next time you're down in Tramore, try the pizza in Bardoe, it's fantastic.
                                                                                                                        The Calamari and the chips were both excellent of the how and we ate oysters from the shop as well.

Will be down in a few weeks when we are due to eat in the new restaurant in Tramore that I'm told is class

Comment

That Ming the Merciless thing is just weird, even by Ming standards.

The gobshites out Wesht still love him anyway, the wanker.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X