• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Getting seriously bullied so far nonetheless
    wouldn't be an issue if they could cut out the mistakes
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Like that's criminal there on Saracen's own line, with three penalties conceded.

Saracens are just kicking the ball up in the air and waiting for mistakes. Even more one-dimensional than Munster.

Comment

Trump on the offensive for a nomination. Suppose it makes sense as it’ll help him out hugely if he ever wants to challenge any charges brought against him post term.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
          Trump on the offensive for a nomination. Suppose it makes sense as it’ll help him out hugely if he ever wants to challenge any charges brought against him post term.
          that fucks a bunch of his Senators, not that he cares

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

that fucks a bunch of his Senators, not that he cares
            Only needs 41 to run the place!

Thought this was interesting

“If Trump nominates a Supreme Court Justice to replace Ruth, Republicans will have nominated 6 of the 9 Supreme Court justices, despite winning the popular vote just ONCE in 28 years.”
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

hmmm, might go for a walk.

Comment

Proper spanking so far. At least you'll have the wind in the 2nd half. All you need now is the ball

Comment

Leinster not good enough by a long shot. Giants among midgets in the PRO14.

This is England v ireland in the 6Ns in March all over again. Just not able for that next level of physicality so the basics go to shit. Scrum, half backs shitting the bed, cant manage a lineout maul. Exposing Lowe under the high ball.

Fair play to Saracens because they are doing ireland/Leinster a long term favour here in ruthlessly exposing the issues. Well beaten last year and didn’t really acknowledge that. They won’t be able to dodge this one. I’ve been nervously awaiting this match all week and unfortunately it’s coming to pass.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

No scrum no fun.

Beaten in every facet of the game for that 40 mins. Saracens didn't do anything marvellous other than their try. Seriously offensive defence and a scrum that's well on top has had them walk all over Leinster.

The curse of 2020 will see Reed shoot -3 today, mark my words.

Comment

Did a 2-hour jaunt this morning to allow me to sink in for the day and watch this than golf.

Might just sit in silence instead.

Comment

Got my times wrong and missed the first half unfortunate that I realised it was on now
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Got my times wrong and missed the first half unfortunate that I realised it was on now
                          solid brag dude

Comment

Fucking ref is giving Saracens everything too. One of yours shraaaaaaap. Where's the EU solida

Comment

solid brag dude

Comment

Game on. Now we see who's fit.

Comment

FFS! Gibson Parks box kicking is terrible

Comment

ref is killing us here though, penalty count is ridiculously one-sided

Comment

I tell you thing, if that's rugby that Saracens are 'playing', you should can shove it up your hole.

Entertainment factor is 1/10

Comment

I really really really really hate Saracens

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          I really really really really hate Saracens
                                          they are basically the Donald Trump of rugby

Comment

Good second half from Leinster, but Saracens were able to soak and concede knowing the clock was against us.

Gross way to finish the season - at least we didn't go out completely whimpering, but first 40 was chastening.

Now to turn into Fr Jack and watch the golf and swear at the Muricans doing well.

Comment

they are basically the Donald Trump of rugby
                                              A bit harsh on Trump, even he has the odd flash of humanity

Comment

he curse of 2020 will see Reed shoot -3 today, mark my words.
                                                Just checked that and see my man Harris English is well up there, although an 80/1 winner still wouldn't make up for that.

Why didn't we pick Fardy?

Comment

Roglic throwing away the tour is crazy also. Wow

Comment

Just checked that and see my man Harris English is well up there, although an 80/1 winner still wouldn't make up for that.

Forget Fardy, Baird was absolutely excellent coming on!

Comment

It’s cup rugby and Saracens played it well. Leinster showed the future in the second half. Robin McBride has work to do to mould the younger men in the tight 5 into a unit. But I think their day will come. We need to get Porter back on the loose side and Furlong back on the pitch. Also a higher standard of backups on the LH and TH side. But the future of Porter, Kelleher, Furlong, Ryan and Baird is bright.

Toner, Healy, Cronin are past it. Great servants and owe nobody anything but unfortunately past it. Healy in particular is a fucking legend. Time to start dialling back on Sexton too tbh. Plenty of quality coming through at 10.

Time to start renewing and refreshing if Leinster want a shot at the european cup and ireland at a World Cup.

Some kick in the stones for topping the rankings to get Saracens at home with nothing else to play for and with no home support. Cest la vie.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

He’s past it. I’d say he’ll move into coaching shortly. Grand for holding together a few of the younger lads in a PRO14 game but he’s declined over the past 12 months quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                          Roglic throwing away the tour is crazy also. Wow
                                                          Didn't throw it away, unreal ride by pogacar.

Absolutely sick, the odds on pogacar was something like 20/1 to win TDF this morning.
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Absolutely sick, the odds on pogacar was something like 20/1 to win TDF this morning.
                                                            He is a superstar . What a ride . Rog looked a bit off though .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

He is a superstar . What a ride . Rog looked a bit off though .
                                                              Just a little. Thought the bike change was very sloppy.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Deshambeau and Reed out together. Not the best loved pair but are good buddies . Didnt back either but I love their fk em attitude to the snooty establishment. Funking for Simpson . DJ and Rory in my outside chance bets

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

He choked big time. Completely out of sorts.

Comment

This 2nd 1/4 final should be great fun. Went for 7+ tries at 10/3
                                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 19-09-20, 16:59.

Comment

Forget Fardy, Baird was absolutely excellent coming on!
                                                                      We lost the game in the scrum though and there was no difference there with Baird on. Hence my question.

Comment

Why were so many changing bikes today? was it a tactic to get up the hill at the end?

Comment

Why were so many changing bikes today? was it a tactic to get up the hill at the end?
                                                                          TT bike is about 2kg heavier I'd guess is the reason .uphill finish

Comment

Clermont are Clermonting.

plus ca change

Comment

Reopen the browser and ctrl shift t

Comment

Fair play to Solks for calling Pog. I thought Rog was unassailable. Unreal from the winner but that's an extremely cruel way to lose a competition like tdf. Hard not to feel for roglic.

Would be cool if Bennett could swing the stage tomorrow

Comment

Pog did that in the Slovenian championship TT and beat Roglic by 9 seconds. There's some chap doing YouTube videos who analysed it at a reasonably detailed level that made the argument that it gained him way more than the delay changing over.

Looks like a lot the teams came to the same conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    Fair play to Solks for calling Pog. I thought Rog was unassailable. Unreal from the winner but that's an extremely cruel way to lose a competition like tdf. Hard not to feel for roglic.

Would be cool if Bennett could swing the stage tomorrow
                                                                                    Tough way to lose. Remember the 8 or so seconds Lemond v the late Lauren Fignon , was riveted to that time trial , every wheel turn . . I liked both of them , the tour hey days then along came Indurain. (I forget the spelling) . Always a great spectacle . Despite the druggie undertones some of Armstrong tours were great TV so boss . Pog and Rog are going nowhere . Not forgetting we have a GREEN JERSEY in the bag .

Comment

The ASTI seem to be set on proving themselves the biggest bunch of cunts out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Tough way to lose. Remember the 8 or so seconds Lemond v the late Lauren Fignon , was riveted to that time trial , every wheel turn . . I liked both of them , the tour hey days then along came Indurain. (I forget the spelling) . Always a great spectacle . Despite the druggie undertones some of Armstrong tours were great TV so boss . Pog and Rog are going nowhere . Not forgetting we have a GREEN JERSEY in the bag .
                                                                                        I think you nailed the spelling! Fignon's autobiography is meant to be excellent but I'm struggling to start it because the title is so poignant

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I presume any teachers with long-term issues known to be affected particularly badly by covid would have doctor certs, in any case? You might be maybe more sympathetic if most of them hadn't just sat on their asses since Feb and not made a slightest effort to do things like zoom classes with the kids. I gather most of them didn't. So basically they haven't worked for 7 months.
                                                                                              Not sure that's fair, not from my (admittedly small sample size) experience.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fell away from my Sopranos rewatch for a few weeks.

Picked it back up tonight right at the start of the Pussy story.

'They pull you back in'

Comment

One of Mrs Lao Lao's mates is a primary school teacher. She started back a few weeks ago and said when they went back in, there was zero PPE gear for staff, like, absolutely nothing. All the teachers went out and bought all their own stuff.

Not saying unions aren't cunts at the best of times but there may also be actual issues.

Comment

Work from home spoofers getting worked up about people actually taking risks and being asked to work in unsafe conditions. What a surprise
                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 19-09-20, 22:40.

Comment

...

Comment

S'later Reed.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Did you have daily zoom classes?
                                                                                                              Daily online learning from late March until end of school year. By a teacher who struggled hard with the tech, not a young woman. Video lessons and tasks, creative games, replying to every student with a video or voice message. All on a really cool kid friendly software.

At the end of the school year she created a montage video and presentation with a highlight reel of all the submitted vids. It was fantastic.

She was a trojan. Doubt she was in the minority.

If anything's lazy it's your assumption.
                                                                                                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Work from home spoofers getting worked up about people actually taking risks and being asked to work in unsafe conditions. What a surprise
                                                                                                                I'm gonna tell him you said that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

20% of secondary schools put all classes online. About 50% put more than half of classes online. 50% couldn't even put half their classes online. And that's at secondary level where exams were a big driver. That's an ESRI study. So only 20% replicated teaching through the simple act of opening zoom that is not difficult to do.
                                                                                                                      Are individual teachers responsible for those stats, or boards of management?

Simple act my hole too. In March nobody had a clue what Zoom was, let alone trying to figure out how to get 30 kids and their parents familiar with it.

Comment

Tim Dillon has become the best thing about Sunday mornings.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

These checkpoints are getting a bit ridiculous. Are they checking to see if people washed their hands?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X