Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the phrase pearl clutching, people use it as if it's actually a argument.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

just from looking at it now properly it seems like stage 4 is the start of the real bollixology - cancel Christmas type stuff. No visitors, outdoor dining only in the middle of winter. ughh, that's going to be shite.
        Christmas is a disaster were gonna have to take on the chin. A majority won't listen to whatever restrictions are in at the time.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          I hate the phrase pearl clutching, people use it as if it's actually a argument.
          Much prefer pearl necklace.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Should gambling ads be treated any differently to smoking or booze? Find it such a strange bottom feeding industry, basically just trying to filter out anyone that isn't a losing degen.

Comment

Could all end in tears Raoul..........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                Could all end in tears Raoul..........
                ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F1258%2F6079%2Fproducts%2FSRD_-_1043_-_Trump_2020_Make_Liberals_Cry_Again_2_grande.png%3Fv%3D1565106852&f=1&nofb=1.png
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  How crass, guess it will incentivise an absolute goal fest..

PP are knackers

don't hate the player, hate the game. They know their market. Gotta respect their marketing team. Saw the video with Le Tissier, Thompson and Charlie Nicholas today as well, thought it was very well done.
                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

This one was new to me today

?u=https%3A%2F%2Frockatee.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F09%2Fimage-1649.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nephet recommending resteraunts and pubs serving food only do outdoor or takeaway now. Missed that in the crystal clear plan. Filed under "additional restrictions" that businesses that are trying to run are supposed to guess?
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Nephet recommending resteraunts and pubs serving food only do outdoor or takeaway now. Missed that in the crystal clear plan. Filed under "additional restrictions" that businesses that are trying to run are supposed to guess?
                        If the 5 step 'plan' was a 2nd year maths/engineering project, the supervisor would give you a couple of days to sort out the logical inconsistencies. And you'd be grateful for not getting a straight fail.

Comment

Had planned to meet up with HH at the IMMA on the 25th. Going on my tod tomorrow to beat the lockdown

Comment

hols2.jpg with the shit show going on at home . 2 weeks in this is well worth 2 weeks self isolation when home . zero regrets , best move I made all year ! :

hols.jpg
                            Attached Files

Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

How are you not on Kokrak ??? Your man Harris had a very solid start. Shame to bogey the last. First shot he dropped. Screenshot_20200917-173922.jpeg
                              Kokrak definitely one for next time. And Ogletree.

It's just not feasible to back every American with a stupid name.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

They're all making it up as they go along. No other way by the looks of it as all of Europe is crippled right now. Need to lean in to it.
                                    That's fine, maybe do us the decency of admitting that and throw the plan in the bin along with Donnolly who spent the last few months creating it.
                                    nephet in the same day have recommended moving dublin to level 3 , and applying a level 4 restriction on top. It's complete nonsense.

I also fail to see how this latest recommendation could do any part in reducing the house gathering spikes, in fact it could do the opposite.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

That's fine, maybe do us the decency of admitting that and throw the plan in the bin along with Donnolly who spent the last few months creating it.
                                      nephet in the same day have recommended moving dublin to level 3 , and applying a level 4 restriction on top. It's complete nonsense.

I also fail to see how this latest recommendation could do any part in reducing the house gathering spikes, in fact it could do the opposite.
                                      OMNI Shambles - if they don't follow the 'system' they have failed big time

Comment

Comment

You're not going to be happy in a few months when we're all locked in our basements if this is your mood now. I think you, we, everyone, just needs to not try to outthink things, to find faults. It's all going to be a shitshow, it is everywhere. Being angry about it doesn't help.
                                          I agree with this HH but admit that the system is at best ill conceived, or worse is a pathetic attempt to outline a future we no nothing of, with a danger we have a lot to learn about yet

Comment

You're not going to be happy in a few months when we're all locked in our basements if this is your mood now. I think you, we, everyone, just needs to not try to outthink things, to find faults. It's all going to be a shitshow, it is everywhere. Being angry about it doesn't help.
                                            What do you mean, I can't sit on my couch and be a critical cunt and poke holes in politicians decisions that I'd never have to make myself? That wouldn't make me happy at all!
                                            id like to see a bit of data based decision making

closing the pubs based on the below is just taking our toys from us because we were bold. Maybe try tackling the actual problem

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Jebus I'd love a proper lockdown. I'm thinking of trying to catch it around December to avoid Christmas dinner. I've only previously avoided it in 1989 in Nicaragua, and 1990 in Berlin. Would love to never have xmas dinner again.

Comment

Love the idea of explaining who Rihanna was. Like I barely have a clue what they was

Comment

Comment

Comment

While it's all perfectly clear as a whistle and totally not confusing - are cafes likely to remain open if restaurants have to shut? I've been doing some of my best / only work in cafes recently and can't really afford to lose them.
                                                      The whole restaurant thing is a load of bollocks. It's anywhere that has the capability of throwing out food for €9 that hasn't been shut down by the environmental health officer yet.

Cafés are included in that.

The department of health made an attempt to have their EHO's do a bit and that lasted about a week when they realised checklists and paper pushing isn't effective against pandemics. The Gardai want no part in it, while things were good and they had pretend powers during the guidelines they were all over everything. Now they have power, the shit has hit the fan and they're nowhere to be seen.

Nevermind it being a cluster fuck at the top, which it is, it's a major cluster fuck all the way down. You can't police these rules properly, the people tasked with the job have understandably practically given up. You can't trust everyone to follow the rules but you gotta keep the show on the road somehow. Europe is going to suffer.

​​​​​​Lockdown 1 was easy. Good weather and people following advice. Lockdown 2 during shit weather and Christmas is gona be a test.
                                                      ​​​​​

Comment

that's clever on a few levels
                                                        Johnson is saying “Do you want a total Brexit”

The banner says “Democracy is the enemy of the people”.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          Johnson is saying “Do you want a total Brexit”

The banner says “Democracy is the enemy of the people”.

I prefer to think it's people protesting for more blowjobs. And the anti-clown imagery is becoming offensive imo.

Comment

Biden live streaming now. He's clearly a lovely guy. Loveliness doesn't make a president, but he does seem a genuinely nice guy in a way that just can't be faked.
                                                            If he was a friend or relative, I'd still be removing a spark plug or fuse from his car, as taking away the keys would be too obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

If he was a friend or relative, I'd still be removing a spark plug or fuse from his car, as taking away the keys would be too obvious.
                                                              He is way too old. But so is Trump.

And Biden at least looks relatively healthy compared to the lump of lard that is Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He is way too old. But so is Trump.

And Biden at least looks relatively healthy compared to the lump of lard that is Trump.
                                                                At least Harris has taken the smell of piss and old age off the ticket. Never thought Trump would still be alive tbh.

Comment

Doesn't come across like NPHET appreciate that people get lockdown and communication fatigue. That they're something that should be used when they're most effective. There's been very little transmission from hospitality. After six months do they really expect people under 35 are gonna stay sitting at home, rather than further restrictions just driving people to have parties at home.

Comment

Seems Van the Man has gone full Jim Corr. https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/enterta...mpression=true

Sir Van Morrison has accused the government of "taking our freedom" in three new songs that protest against the coronavirus lockdown.

In the lyrics, he claims scientists are "making up crooked facts" to justify measures that "enslave" the population.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Doesn't come across like NPHET appreciate that people get lockdown and communication fatigue. That they're something that should be used when they're most effective. There's been very little transmission from hospitality. After six months do they really expect people under 35 are gonna stay sitting at home, rather than further restrictions just driving people to have parties at home.
                                                                      I think the best thing there is that you are now saying 'young people' is a bracket under 35.

The younger Denny Crane wonders WTF happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Agree and all that but could you please use under 40 in the future, getting a bit close for comfort there.
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice article .

Comment

So that's a nay on cafes remaining open?
                                                                                Outdoor tables only afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I'd be doing similar to Trump apologists although if I had true Trumpstopyian like powers I'd have a wide scale lobotomy plan. (and charge them for it). Orwell wasnt too far off .

Comment

So that's a nay on cafes remaining open?
                                                                                    Cafes are grouped with bars and restaurants for same restrictions on the plan.

But nphets extra recommendation just mentioned bars and restaurants. So honestly, who knows
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Let's do under 45 for the avoidance of doubt.
                                                                                      Fuk the under whatever age . Wear a mask you entitled creations ( not aimed at you )

Comment

So, what age are we saying middle age commences at now?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          So, what age are we saying middle age commences at now?
                                                                                          27

Comment

I watched a few clips of Biden last night, he was perfectly fine.

Obviously learned some tricks from Clinton (Bill) as he likes to throw in the odd folksy reference. He was pretty much on point on the issues, showed empathy, defined himself as the anti-Trump and jabbed away effectively at all the free targets Trump has given him. He's got a likability factor for sure that Hilary did not possess.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Dunno how to make these pics bigger

Comment

If he didn't say 'as Gaeilge' tell him he's a prick. Tell him he's a prick anyway.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He was more than perfectly fine imo, positively great.
                                                                                                        Let's not suck down too much Kool Aid here Brother Hitch!

He's no FDR, Reagan, Bill Clinton or even Obama.

Comment

Funny when you look back and think how many presidents actually came across as pretty shit communicators:

Bush Senior and Junior, Nixon, LBJ, Ford come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I'd be doing similar to Trump apologists although if I had true Trumpstopyian like powers I'd have a wide scale lobotomy plan. (and charge them for it). Orwell wasnt too far off .
                                                                                                            I endorse your frontal lobotomy plan.
                                                                                                            We could start a new party with our slogan being "A bottle in front of me" to lure them in.

PS
                                                                                                            I prefer the term bottle collector to alcoholic.

Comment

I know there's a few Kerry folk in here. Spent a fair bit of the summer down there doing various hikes, beaches etc.

Decided to make the most of this WFH, moving down next week for the year. Up the kingdom!

Comment

Trump and the global reach of right-wing conspiracy theories

In the United States and abroad, experts link the rise of extreme conspiratorial thinking to a broader atmosphere of political polarization, the insulating algorithms of social media and the relative success of demagogic, nationalist politicians.

Good article on the effect Trump has had on right-wing conspiracy theories and spelling out exactly why supporting Trump is not a reasonable position for a person to take.

Comment

@President_MU: It is reasonable to ask: why close restaurants and pubs if there are so few outbreaks associated with those environments? However, this is misreading and misinterpreting the data on outbreaks and clus...…

decent insight into the data of latest restrictions
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Biden is tightening in the betting markets a bit today. You can still just about beat the Betfair odds though with a sniff of 20/23 and 17/20 still out there. Be interesting to see if it lasts through the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                      Trump and the global reach of right-wing conspiracy theories

In the United States and abroad, experts link the rise of extreme conspiratorial thinking to a broader atmosphere of political polarization, the insulating algorithms of social media and the relative success of demagogic, nationalist politicians.

Good article on the effect Trump has had on right-wing conspiracy theories and spelling out exactly why supporting Trump is not a reasonable position for a person to take.
                                                                                                                      An acquaintance sent me a link to "the fall of cabal" saying I might find it interesting (I didnt).
                                                                                                                      It's a 10 part youtube conspiracy theory cobbled together by some Dutch journalist (cant recall her name)
                                                                                                                      Watched 1 minute of the first clip entitled "things that make you go hmmm"
                                                                                                                      Utter rubbish easily fact checked in seconds if you could even be bothered. Think it leads on to Pizza gate and all that tripe also.
                                                                                                                      Apparently the lockdown brought about an increase in numbers believing this nonsense. The fear and chaos of global events like Covid causes some people to seek out some sort of answer, some dark force at work in the world being preferable to randomness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                        I know there's a few Kerry folk in here. Spent a fair bit of the summer down there doing various hikes, beaches etc.

Decided to make the most of this WFH, moving down next week for the year. Up the kingdom!
                                                                                                                        Living the dream. If you can stick the winter down there you may never leave. It's a different beast in summer obviously.

Where abouts are you moving to?

Comment

Some prick on the work indoctrination (that doesn't seem like the right word?) keeps asking in the Zoom chat 'is that software available in Gaeilge'. Has one of those fake sounding Irish names of someone born in the likes of Kildare to overzealous parents.
                                                                                                                          Enough to virtually mark his card for him and keep your distance.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X