This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

i think a bit like asking a broker where to invest you'd end up losing a lot of any gains on fees and commission. Plus you have the risk of company going under/fraud etc. Why not build a collection of things you like yourself?
    Keeping a collection of valuables requires transport/insurance/security/storage etc, it makes sense to outsource all of that, plus you can buy a fraction of an asset.

It's a cool idea, although at a super early stage:

*There is currently no public trading market for our Interests, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. There is no guarantee that appropriate regulatory approval to permit such secondary trading will ever be obtained. If an active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell your shares at any price. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your shares. Please refer to our offering circular for more details regarding potential distributions.
    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 16-09-20, 19:48.

Comment

It reminds me of Greyscale - you can buy Greyscale bitcoin trust shares for 16% more than bitcoin itself. Why do people pay the premium? Because they don't want the hassle of dealing with bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It seems like what others think is holding you hostage a bit, perhaps worth thinking about why you feel like that, maybe something for you to explore? You'd most likely feel better in various aspects of your life if you tackled it.
        Nah it's just something about the tension of waiting for a reply on the internet. I wouldn't give a damn if it was real life, you can always laugh and move on over a pint or something. Online arguments just have a way of getting ratty

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Keeping a collection of valuables requires transport/insurance/security/storage etc, it makes sense to outsource all of that, plus you can buy a fraction of an asset.

It's a cool idea, although at a super early stage:

*There is currently no public trading market for our Interests, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. There is no guarantee that appropriate regulatory approval to permit such secondary trading will ever be obtained. If an active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell your shares at any price. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your shares. Please refer to our offering circular for more details regarding potential distributions.
          i guess depends on what you want. you can hang a painting you like on a wall, have a rare book on an accessible shelf and enjoy it too while having it possibly appreciate in value. I'd prefer to own a painting i splurge on but costs a tiny fraction of the cost of a masterpiece, rather than owning that tiny fraction.

I do think market making is a good business, but for the market makers.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

i guess depends on what you want. you can hang a painting you like on a wall, have a rare book on an accessible shelf and enjoy it too while having it possibly appreciate in value. I'd prefer to own a painting i splurge on but costs a tiny fraction of the cost of a masterpiece, rather than owning that tiny fraction.

I do think market making is a good business, but for the market makers.
            Yeah, they are definitely some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              Quest 2 just introduced in a launch event. Just went on preorder at €350 for the base model. Better display, better processor than the original and cheaper. Some value for that money. They really are eager to get the tech into the hands of the consumer.

Obviously part of the reason for what seems such a ridiculous price - Give us all your data
              The Ars Technica review is not very good:

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Anyone watch DARK . No spoilers but is it worth it for all 3 seasons ? The theme tune was in breaking bad if I remember .
                Some cuties in it sez he perversely. . especially Martha well mainly Martha.
                Have seen the first season and loved it, loved the sci-fi side to it. Just the first seen of the second season.
                People complain about the dubbed version, but i watch that with subs on.

edit: have you watched umbrella academy ? also very good imo.
                Last edited by oleras; 16-09-20, 21:22.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Sung Kang FRL at 200/1 and DJ / Xander Forecast at 150/1. Had a small nibble on Westwood at 320 on Betfair as his short game has improved hugely this year and think he will hit enough fairways to contend, decent prep around valderama (look to chin it at some point)
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    This looks to be a class investment idea, unfortunately inaccessible outside of the US? Anyone come across it before?

Invest in Stocks, Bonds, Treasuries, Crypto, Options, ETFs, alternative assets, and music royalties with AI-powered fundamental data and custom analysis.
                    Why would you want to own part of one of banksys shit stencils?
                    seriously having one of those live laugh love signs has more artistic merit and is also much edgier

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Teresa, just a heads up...most people in the UK/Ireland don't move move around bookies, for the most part they stick to the same one/two bookies.

don't confuse people in here/people you know through gambling with Joe Six-pack

The fact they already have a customer base and it basically being a virgin market should help a lot but I wouldn't be counting on people shopping around
                        Last edited by Guest; 16-09-20, 22:15.

Comment

A perhaps silly question. It seems they might be tightening restrictions on entering and leaving Dublin on Friday. I guess that would mean we can't go to Glendalough on Saturday? As in, i know its technically Wicklow, but its 'just there'. We'd be going on a bus, hence the question.
                          Yep, you can't go.

And we've all noticed the spike since you returned.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

A perhaps silly question. It seems they might be tightening restrictions on entering and leaving Dublin on Friday. I guess that would mean we can't go to Glendalough on Saturday? As in, i know its technically Wicklow, but its 'just there'. We'd be going on a bus, hence the question.
                                Well the advice (unless i'm very much mistaken, which to be fair is very possible) is to stay at home. So do that?

Comment

Could you not figure that out from the very clear guidelines?

Comment

Jaysus. You cut America and it bleeds Irish. Ridiculous levels of support.

We are also an excellent wedge to use to get whatever trade deal they want with the Brits

Not doubting they are serious about the GFA but...

They have them on the back foot using us, they can now ask for whatever they want in future deals
                                    Last edited by Guest; 16-09-20, 22:53.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Raoul is missing out by having you blocked.
                                          Yeah, it's worth reading the bad takes for the occasional zinger!

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Sung Kang FRL at 200/1 and DJ / Xander Forecast at 150/1. Had a small nibble on Westwood at 320 on Betfair as his short game has improved hugely this year and think he will hit enough fairways to contend, decent prep around valderama (look to chin it at some point)
                                            Fleetwood
                                            Mckenzie Hughes
                                            Sigg 1000/1

Frl Todd
                                            Hughes

Duel forecast
                                            Xander/Fleetwood 275/1

Few other bits and bobs

gud luk

Comment

Good zoomed out-take on the recent brexit happenings: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=nl_todayworld

Comment

How crass, guess it will incentivise an absolute goal fest..

PP are knackers

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Went with Revie for 1st round leader. Great final round last week .
                                                  Morrikowa (me spellinz) outright . Iron accuracy . Putting not the best on tour but this is an accuracy course 1st . The putting will be tough for all. Keep some in the clip for the swings . Deffo a tourny to lay some players in running .

Comment

Morrikowa (me spellinz) outright . Iron accuracy . Putting not the best on tour but this is an accuracy course 1st . The putting will be tough for all. Keep some in the clip for the swings . Deffo a tourny to lay some players in running .
                                                    Wind is due to switch Friday and will play much more difficult as it goes on. Definitely more of an in running betting event.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

PP are knackers

And they are great at marketing . Sure the tweet gets them more publicity. It's not so bad imo. Nothing that offensive .
                                                      Zlatan in tallaght , who would have thunk it.

Comment

Ahh the joy of finally having Sky Sports I can finally watch a US Open. Last one I legit remember watching was Kite winning at Pebble Beach in '92.

Anyway - Morikawa/Xander backed and Mackenzie Top 10 and small win on the machine. GL all

Comment

Comment

And they are great at marketing . Sure the tweet gets them more publicity. It's not so bad imo. Nothing that offensive .
                                                            Zlatan in tallaght , who would have thunk it.
                                                            It should be 'The Square IS hiring'.

I was doing that kinda stuff for them 15 years ago and the joke hasn't changed much unfortunately. I suppose it's a case of 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'

It'd be a bunch of young kids in a meeting room under fierce pressure to do anything to get camera time and any kind of conversation going and over the years they scrape more and more off the bottom of the barrel until eventually a new bottom is exposed and then they race frantically towards that.

Not that this is too bad or close to the worst but it's a bit like the drunk lad in the pub trying to tell you the same joke over and over again. Predictable and tiresome.
                                                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 17-09-20, 09:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Ahh the joy of finally having Sky Sports I can finally watch a US Open. Last one I legit remember watching was Kite winning at Pebble Beach in '92.

Anyway - Morikawa/Xander backed and Mackenzie Top 10 and small win on the machine. GL all
                                                              On the proven winning strategy of 'always back an American with a stupid name', I have gone for Harris English and Cameron Champ.

I mean, the guy is called Champ! What more do you need here people. Thank me Monday.

Comment

@hitch - If you want to search lots of posts you should go to the home page, and in the search bar at the top choose advanced search from the dropdown arrow. You can get up to 1000 search results from a search there.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

47 days to E-Day in the US.

Despite lots of noise, the polling story is very consistent. Biden is well ahead both in the national vote and a plurality of the key swing states. Trump is the one that needs a game changer and so far is flailing about instead playing defence, especially on covid (you could make a case that this election is really Trump vs Covid). In this 'referendum on Trump' election cycle, he is not making any inroads at all. His favourability ratings are in the toilet.

All great news for the Biden position. The 10/11 has finally gone but plenty of 20/23, 17/20, 5/6 still available. Hoover it up as I expect reality to dawn at some point.

I added a fun little bet to my portfolio. Biden to win 360-389 EC votes at 12/1. Any upside potential I'm seeing is to the Biden campaign as Trump if anything is sinking from so I like this as an upside bet (doesn't take that much imagination either - Ohio and Texas are very close).

Trump's town hall was a shitshow this week (and agreeing to do it on an unfriendly network was a sign of desperation). Biden does one tonight and I expect a steady performance that will boost him.

Onwards!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

It should be 'The Square IS hiring'.

I was doing that kinda stuff for them 15 years ago and the joke hasn't changed much unfortunately. I suppose it's a case of 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'

It'd be a bunch of young kids in a meeting room under fierce pressure to do anything to get camera time and any kind of conversation going and over the years they scrape more and more off the bottom of the barrel until eventually a new bottom is exposed and then they race frantically towards that.

Not that this is too bad or close to the worst but it's a bit like the drunk lad in the pub trying to tell you the same joke over and over again. Predictable and tiresome.
                                                                        We might need a grammar nazi for this one . The Square being a collective would the Square ARE hiring ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          47 days to E-Day in the US.

Despite lots of noise, the polling story is very consistent. Biden is well ahead both in the national vote and a plurality of the key swing states. Trump is the one that needs a game changer and so far is flailing about instead playing defence, especially on covid (you could make a case that this election is really Trump vs Covid). In this 'referendum on Trump' election cycle, he is not making any inroads at all. His favourability ratings are in the toilet.

All great news for the Biden position. The 10/11 has finally gone but plenty of 20/23, 17/20, 5/6 still available. Hoover it up as I expect reality to dawn at some point.

I added a fun little bet to my portfolio. Biden to win 360-389 EC votes at 12/1. Any upside potential I'm seeing is to the Biden campaign as Trump if anything is sinking from so I like this as an upside bet (doesn't take that much imagination either - Ohio and Texas are very close).

Trump's town hall was a shitshow this week (and agreeing to do it on an unfriendly network was a sign of desperation). Biden does one tonight and I expect a steady performance that will boost him.

Onwards!
                                                                          Would be EPIC if Joe had a BYE THEN poster ready on the night . (Dub accent needed probably)

Comment

We might need a grammar nazi for this one . The Square being a collective would the Square ARE hiring ?

Probably one of these where both are (not is) correct.

Comment

Pearl clutching over Paddy Power advertising, IPB? Really?
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                Pearl clutching over Paddy Power advertising, IPB? Really?
                                                                                What's this now? What did I miss?

Edit: Oh right, I get it now, the PP ads for shams in Tallaght. Carry on.
                                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 17-09-20, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                  This is how the got the idea for crazy golf . I wonder of Phil hits a moving ball again. He got castigated but I thought it was class .

Comment

...

Comment

This must be bait
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Yes, not knowing all the precise ins and outs of something that up until that point hadn't affected me is the same as debilitating confusion. Plus note the way it was easily cleared up in less than a minute by asking people rather than going around posting 'i'm sooooooo confused, looooook at mmmmyyy confusion'? It's almost like how a normal person would deal with a normal thing.
                                                                                          Hahaha! Im just needling you man! I hope your not suggesting i did any of the above, i clearly laid out what my "confusions" were, or more so lack of clarity and transparency, and it was none of that.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Morikawa, Rahm and matsuyama for me

Comment

...

Comment

I was rehearsing a line for the bicycle shop on the bike to work scheme. I was going to say, with a slight chuckle, after we get over the small talk: "I heard there's some gangster shops out there that will fiddle what is written on the bill so you can not just get a bike for yourself but also one for your kid". Then I was going to look at the guy with a mixture of disbelief at the world and also a nod of inquiry as to whether they were said gangster shop.

In the end I felt that was too elaborate and just asked the guy "so can you do something dodgy on the receipt so I can get two bikes?". He put his hand up "whooah" as if to say I'm not that type of lady and this is a respectable house, but instead he just went on to say "I know nothing about that. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You should speak to my boss when he gets in later" and then went on to show me suitable kids bikes that I can chat to the boss about.
                                                                                                  lots of ride-on lawnmowers bought under that scheme

Comment

2nd test negative for the kid . Feel free to hug me baby .

Comment

Zoom really is notably crap compared to Teams.
                                                                                                      Different programs for different purposes, I use both daily. Both do their intended function well. But where they is overlap (video conferencing) Zoom is significantly better imo.

Ask yourself - "Where's The Square?" - and you'll have your answer.

Last edited by Mellor; 17-09-20, 14:40.

Comment

PP are knackers

you are absorbing twitter outrage man. It happens more than you think.
                                                                                                        Leave the blue bird alone for a bit.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

2nd test negative for the kid . Feel free to hug me baby .
                                                                                                          Tell him to study harder next time
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

PP are knackers

Bit of an exaggeration no? Par for the course from PP, harmless while not being funny at all, cant see how in any way someone is going to take this as a negative view on Irish football?

Pathetic and disrespectful? The fella who posted that must bruise like a peach
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I don't think it's disrespectful to AC Milan but it's definitely pathetic. I would actually happily campaign for the banning of gambling ads purely because of how aggravating PP especially and a few more with them are. Bring back the Marlboro Man

Comment

Just back to reality now, what's been going on lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

On the proven winning strategy of 'always back an American with a stupid name', I have gone for Harris English and Cameron Champ.

I mean, the guy is called Champ! What more do you need here people. Thank me Monday.
                                                                                                                  How are you not on Kokrak ??? Your man Harris had a very solid start. Shame to bogey the last. First shot he dropped. Screenshot_20200917-173922.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    I don't think it's disrespectful to AC Milan but it's definitely pathetic. I would actually happily campaign for the banning of gambling ads purely because of how aggravating PP especially and a few more with them are. Bring back the Marlboro Man
                                                                                                                    The frequency of gambling ads during sport is out of control!

On a separate note I see we have moved to level 3, had a read through there to see whats expected of me. No change from 2 and a bit or whatever at all.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

I think the big one is that work is now remote unless necessary, compared to the previous advice of remote as a preference. Big impact on unis as it scuppers all their attempts to have students on campus for some of the week (which was a bit of a silly plan even in the better days) in order to justify charging them 20 grand for a masters.
                                                                                                                        Yeah 25 at weddings and 50% capacity on public transport different too, wonder whos enforcing that i see the red luas whizz by packed a lot.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Probably one of these where both are (not is) correct.
                                                                                                                          The Square being a business/corporate entity makes it singular:

singular or plural?
                                                                                                                          Corporate entities take the singular: eg The BBC has decided (not “have”). In subsequent references make sure the pronoun is singular: “It [not “they”] will press for an increase in the licence fee.”

Sports teams and rock bands are the exception – “England have an uphill task” is OK, as is “Nirvana were overrated”

Or... what Mellor said.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 17-09-20, 17:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X