X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played Slade Valley today

Beautiful.

Only 16 holes in play due to drainage work on 2 holes.
    Apparently they got a grant for €30k from.the NSC

Game was in beautiful synch
    34 points over 16, 250M drives, had 4 of my birdie attempts turn into bogeys before I got settled.

4th game this year

15 was HCAP in 2014

I have hit 300M but that was with a huge draw

Swing changed due to not playing consistently and dropped to 200/230 mark but the last 2 outings putting more muscle with full wrap swing into it and connecting sweetly.

Might apply to a state board myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Seriously people who are having trouble understanding the restrictions are either disingenuous or thick.

It's not complicated, iwe can all work towards a goal of limiting the viruses spread by following the spirit and intentions of the rules no matter how little we personally understand the thinking behind them or what minor inconsistencies they contain.
      Just fucking up and shut up, if you haven't a better plan then put it up for discussion.
      Donnelly is a gobshite and Mehole is a charisma free zone but they are who we have and again I don't hear anyone with abetter plan.

Fucking sick of listening to gombeen publicans and their wet brain punters whinging.
      Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly had said residents in Dublin “absolutely can” travel outside the county.

However, Taoiseach Micheál Martin later clarified the advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) was that while people were being encouraged not to travel outside Dublin, but there was no regulation attached to it.

“I am encouraging people not to travel, if at all possible,” Mr Martin told RTÉ.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar was more emphatic last night, telling RTÉ’s PrimeTime that the Government was “strongly discouraging people from travelling outside of Dublin city or county unless it’s necessary.

“That might be for work reasons. It might be to care for somebody. . . It really wouldn’t be to take a weekend away”.
      Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly had said residents in Dublin “absolutely can” travel outside the county.

However, Taoiseach Micheál Martin later clarified the advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) was that while people were being encouraged not to travel outside Dublin, but there was no regulation attached to it.

“I am encouraging people not to travel, if at all possible,” Mr Martin told RTÉ.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar was more emphatic last night, telling RTÉ’s PrimeTime that the Government was “strongly discouraging people from travelling outside of Dublin city or county unless it’s necessary.

“That might be for work reasons. It might be to care for somebody. . . It really wouldn’t be to take a weekend away”.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

My family?
        I think he's probably pointing out that you like to drop into debates, make a snarky comment but never provide any level of analysis or insight yourself.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Seriously people who are having trouble understanding the restrictions are either disingenuous or thick.

It's not complicated, iwe can all work towards a goal of limiting the viruses spread by following the spirit and intentions of the rules no matter how little we personally understand the thinking behind them or what minor inconsistencies they contain.
          Just fucking up and shut up, if you haven't a better plan then put it up for discussion.
          Donnelly is a gobshite and Mehole is a charisma free zone but they are who we have and again I don't hear anyone with abetter plan.

Fucking sick of listening to gombeen publicans and their wet brain punters whinging.
          Tying this to your Sinn fein obsession is strange here.

The public cannot see how we move through levels, and the clearly mean feck all as they can be changed. This is the same public you need to comply to live with the virus. We can all clearly understand the actual restrictions, but with little transparency of how we move through them people won't trust them or comply.
          If it's a case that it's the public's fault, and your Sinn fein voters are lacking intelligence to understand compared to the genius levels found in this thread, well then it's the governments job to create a plan that they understand, because if we don't have a high level of compliance we are fairly fucked. They make up a large portion of our public.
          ​​​​
          Just" fucking up and shut up" is another great plan. We are dealing with humans with breaking points who want to live lives. Theres more impacts than covid deaths. Just fucking up and shutting up has been going great the last few weeks.
          Last edited by eamonhonda; 16-09-20, 07:45.
          airport, lol

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-09-20, 07:58.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

The public cannot see how we move through levels, and the clearly mean feck all as they can be changed. This is the same public you need to comply to live with the virus. We can all clearly understand the actual restrictions, but with little transparency of how we move through them people won't trust them or comply.
                What bit do you not understand ?
                The lower Levels of the framework will be activated when there is low incidence of the disease, with isolated outbreaks, low community transmission. The higher Levels will be used to deal with higher incidences of the disease.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What bit do you not understand ?
                  Define it, some metrics or at least a range. Like other countries have. Like the EU commission have for travel. Whats low? Have we a realistic definition of low incidence while still opening up? or we expecting a unrealistic low incidence in which case we just keep going in and out of semi lockdowns where people just break and say fuck this. What is the max admissions/cases per 100k/ICU levels/R number where health trumps economy and we lockdown.

The listed 8 criteria they would use to apply the levels but didnt provide any idea of the weighting or ranges for these criteria. If they are as intelligent as hitch suggests then they could provide transparency on how decisions will be made. What, dont tell the plebs they wouldnt get it? Maybe if they understand we will see higher levels of compliance. Its their job to make us understand

Otherwise @Hitch i dont understand the clusterfuck that is dublin, the fact that they defined 5 levels and it doesnt fit in any of them. The fact thats its suggested its between 2 and 3 even though the restrictions in 3 are more lenient in places. It shows that the plan they set out means fuck all as they can and will just change it. I dont think a plan built on such confusion will gain the public trust we need to comply.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Bitchhikers Guide To... Wha

Comment

Not sure if my new background is just quirky, or offensive

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

level 3 incoming.
                        They are gonna have to do it to stop the ambiguity, either real or imagined
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

level 3 incoming.
                          3.5, keep the wet pubs closed.
                          airport, lol

Comment

level 3 incoming.
                            According to their own guidance, wet pubs should only be closed when you reach level 5. So go to level 5 then or the whole thing is bs.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

According to their own guidance, wet pubs should only be closed when you reach level 5. So go to level 5 then or the whole thing is bs.
                              Hitch is gonna clear this up from his vast collection of encyclopedias of condescension.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It's this freedom of information release from yesterday I was referring to, not a journalists mistaken interpretation from July. How did you manage to look up the story yesterday and not see this, and instead could only find an indirect source from July that supported your dodgy viewpoint?! It's almost impressive anti-googling. E.g. read the Revenue Commissioner article. They, as finance dept folk, raised the issue, not politicians. All the opposition politicians did was lead to money being fraudulently paid.

I don't know if you noticed the dates on the emails and the date of the public u-turn by the minister after a few days of excoriation from the press and the public are the same?

Your example of how senior civil servants are acting on a level people like myself can't understand so we shouldn't presume to criticise, is some emails sent between them to explain to each other the potential for bad press from an ill-advised element of a plan after they had already announced the plan and been decorated about it. The emails are them going 'we seem to have made a balls of this, better row back quickly', which is what Coveney and Michael McGrath were literally saying on camera to the press at the same moment (according to these emails) the senior folks in the dept of finance were explaining to one another why everyone was so annoyed at them.

You started off suggesting this was an example of clever finessing of a difficult situation to avoid a public backlash, the only reason what you posted resonated with my is I specifically remember people like JP McMahon who runs Aniar in Galway amongst others going from stunned to irate about it over the several days before your emails:

https://twitter.com/mistereatgalway/...63835624882176

So, to be absolutely clear. The minister and dept officials didn't think this through and change it to avoid criticism and lobbying - they got it wrong, announced it, got waves of criticism and lobbying starting on at least 29th of July, emailed one another explaining how they got it wrong on the 31st of July on which day Coveney and McGrath told the press they would have to change what they had announced and then some point later when they had all emailed each other enough Paschal had to change his mind about abuse of the system being more important to supporting legitimate business owners being more important.

It literally happened the opposite way to what you're suggesting, and if it hadn't been for the waves of public criticism starting days before these emails were sent it's likely they never would have been.
                                Last edited by Keane; 16-09-20, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think he's probably pointing out that you like to drop into debates, make a snarky comment but never provide any level of analysis or insight yourself.
                                  I didn't realise that was something I was thought of as doing a lot.

Comment

I didn't realise that was something I was thought of as doing a lot.
                                    Just something I noticed. Maybe it's just when you reply to me.

Comment

Just something I noticed. Maybe it's just when you reply to me.
                                      Are you sure you're not confusing me with PSV58?!

Comment

Some great news, Archer is back tonight with a double episode.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

nah, there was some notable quip you had recently, that just stuck out as being good. I can't remember what it was though.
                                              I'll admit I regularly disengage from arguments like the one we're having because they cause me a bizarre level of anxiety. Like my heart started racing there when I saw that you had quoted me, not knowing if I'm going to be angry or embarrassed or indignant when I read how you replied. Ended up with relief! I spend a lot of time (relatively, like I probably say to myself a few times a week) on self-talk around avoiding arguing with people online because it ruins my day. You should see the quips I talk myself out of posting.

Hopefully I can come up with a way to give up the other argument because I want to drink a cup of coffee without having to worry about having a stroke.

EDIT:

I hope people don't think I ever post anything in a mean spirited way, I think of ye all as friends.

Comment

I had something about Strewel being found dead in a jacks if Mary Lou advised against drinking bleach that I left off. Was also going to apologise to cripples for any offence caused.

Comment

Comment

Comment

any good dublin evening sea swim spots?
                                                      I've a germ of an idea bring the little one out this evening but not looking for madness
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

what was the thing you said??! I couldn't find it, and there's no obvious way of searching past posts anymore. It was some version of someone being 'a fiddle short of a band', but a modern version. Its like on the tip of my tongue.

On a broader note, I think arguments are great. Its a good way of working out how committed you are to an idea.
                                                        click username, view activity

Comment

Are you sure you're not confusing me with PSV58?!
                                                          No, I have him on ignore for many months now.

Comment

I've a germ of an idea bring the little one out this evening but not looking for madness
                                                            Bull island have nice swimming spots however may need to check tide times

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

PSV ON IGNORE? Never .

Never spotted Keane being mean. We confusing him with Roy ?

Kid had 2nd covid today . Took a great delight in potificating to the covid queue that the test was all painless if a little unpleasant They wanted to keep him there to work the queue all day. . I could see he was nervous though . Hero .

Comment

Freudian slip?

Comment

Happy enough at the 2 that I know of that have me on ignore, Must be very fragile , both also went with the Facebook drama hun play of announcing that they have me on ignore, as if it’s some sort of punishment for me

Comment

Comment

Must have been the Rugby World Cup trolling that did for Raoul, lovely stuff

Comment

Comment

Depending on the tides, Seapoint may be decent for younger kids - If the tide is out, it's a bit of walk out to get into a decent depth of water but that may suit.

The 40' can be a bit packed at times but if you go around to the left rather than straight ahead, it's generally quieter and water tends to be a bit calmer as you have a bit of shelter or you could just go in off Sandycove beach instead.

Further afield, there is Vico but it can be choppy if the weather isn't great, should be lovely today I would have thought. There is also a small rock pool that would be ideal but it's a bit of a trek to get to though as you are up and over the train tracks and then down the cliff face (there's a proper path but might be a chore with little ones)

Comment

Comment

1st case of Covid in school confirmed today. Just the 1600 kids, should be fun

Comment

Fucktard supported by fuckwits and bigots

OR he's like supersmart and it's

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  1st case of Covid in school confirmed today. Just the 1600 kids, should be fun
                                                                                  Hector Jelly will blow a head gasket .

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone watch DARK . No spoilers but is it worth it for all 3 seasons ? The theme tune was in breaking bad if I remember .
                                                                                      Some cuties in it sez he perversely. . especially Martha well mainly Martha.

Comment

Never mind going up the Col de Madelaine in Le Tour today, going down the other side at a zillion miles an hour is worse. Miss a turn there and you're airborne.

Comment

...

Comment

when I did that for keane it only gave a max of the last 50 posts, no?
                                                                                            view more...

Comment

I'll admit I regularly disengage from arguments like the one we're having because they cause me a bizarre level of anxiety. Like my heart started racing there when I saw that you had quoted me, not knowing if I'm going to be angry or embarrassed or indignant when I read how you replied. Ended up with relief! I spend a lot of time (relatively, like I probably say to myself a few times a week) on self-talk around avoiding arguing with people online because it ruins my day. You should see the quips I talk myself out of posting.

Hopefully I can come up with a way to give up the other argument because I want to drink a cup of coffee without having to worry about having a stroke.

EDIT:

I hope people don't think I ever post anything in a mean spirited way, I think of ye all as friends.
                                                                                              It seems like what others think is holding you hostage a bit, perhaps worth thinking about why you feel like that, maybe something for you to explore? You'd most likely feel better in various aspects of your life if you tackled it.

Comment

Good metagame Tar.

We'll have him a quivering lump of jelly by teatime.

Comment

What a finish to that stage Omg 24% in parts . How can you begrudge those lads some DRUGS. :-) . Best stage in years

Comment

@Dice\rounders

any chance of fireworks in the time trial or is this sucker done?

Comment

@Dice\rounders

Think today when the altitude kicks in the oxygen levels suffer more (wiggins) . They all handled the gradient very well . I wouldn't write off Pog but Rog looked strong at the end and has better support. Not done imo . Doubt you'll beat that stage though just EPIC

What camp are you in ?

Comment

...

Comment

Explaining to a 4 year old why we cannot go see Mr Tayto this week is not a lot of fun

Comment

...

Comment

Quest 2 just introduced in a launch event. Just went on preorder at €350 for the base model. Better display, better processor than the original and cheaper. Some value for that money. They really are eager to get the tech into the hands of the consumer.

Obviously part of the reason for what seems such a ridiculous price - Give us all your data
                                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 16-09-20, 18:30.

Comment

...

Comment

This looks to be a class investment idea, unfortunately inaccessible outside of the US? Anyone come across it before?

Invest in Stocks, Bonds, Treasuries, Crypto, Options, ETFs, alternative assets, and music royalties with AI-powered fundamental data and custom analysis.
                                                                                                                  i think a bit like asking a broker where to invest you'd end up losing a lot of any gains on fees and commission. Plus you have the risk of company going under/fraud etc. Why not build a collection of things you like yourself?

Comment

...

Comment

I know sports betting seems to be kicking off big time in America, DraftKings, Fanduel and the likes but a little upstart from Canada has taken on a bigger and bigger piece of my portfolio lately.

TheScore is traditionally a media app, a mobile app for checking scores, reading sports content and so on. They have a massive user base in the states and Canada. I use it a lot myself which it what kinda brought me to this. They have taken big strides in moving into sport betting with a stand-alone app(that’s actually probably a problem).

Lots of states going to be start looking for new income streams. If their neighbors are progressive enough to start taxing sports betting winnings like NJ, Indiana and Colorado are I could see more opening up at State level . Why let a person cross a border bet when they can do it in your state and you can recoup taxes?

Canada has a bill currently waiting to be discussed in parliament too around sport betting. Seems it has a lot more support than previously, again for revenue reasons.

it’ll never prob get full approval at fed level in the states due to native treaties but it should in canada and states in the states are able to legalize it themselves.

Anyway, SCR is the ticker, they just graduated to TSX off Venture. I’ve been in on them for a while.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts here. Obv the behemoths and support from PP that the biggest name has is a problem but if bettors in america are anything like the Uk and Ireland Id say moving around bookies will be common.

Good long position imo.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

@Dice\rounders

Roglic was 2 in the TT in the Worlds a couple years ago which had a nice stiff finish like the one coming up so I doubt it.

Other lad is a beast for a 21yo tbf. Two Slovakians top two on the podium in Paris......
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 16-09-20, 19:26.

Comment

This looks to be a class investment idea, unfortunately inaccessible outside of the US? Anyone come across it before?

Invest in Stocks, Bonds, Treasuries, Crypto, Options, ETFs, alternative assets, and music royalties with AI-powered fundamental data and custom analysis.
                                                                                                                          I'd say your man is a
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          sole trader

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X