This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

No, just her and her boyfriend down there - What happened with the Kia?
    Just a breakdown. But was a group of young Dubs who were in Dingle and discussing their plans for Killarney. Small world and all that so said I'd ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      I think that's mad Michelle, I don't think any beach or bit of sunshine is worth not being able to leave your gaff for two weeks.

Tough to say goodbye to the few bob and all but feck that.
      Each to their own, but for me it won't be a problem. I'm a lazy fucker, you're a very outdoor type of person. Delighted I got away.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Life on Venus doesn't sound all that sexy, it was probably just about the outsider of the half dozen most probable places to find it in the solar system but it looks like there is very strong even compelling evidence of there being microbial life on this most inhospitable of planets.

The unexpected atmospheric detection of phosphine, a smelly gas made by microbes on Earth, could spark a revolution in astrobiology

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Some zingers by Ed Miliband at Johnson in the HOC today. Doesn't mean anything in the greater scheme of things but nice to seem him squirm.
              Its not a fair fight

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                    There's those hyper individualist cunce I was talking about.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

There's those hyper individualist cunce I was talking about.
                      Where are we going for a bag of cans when Donnie gets reelected?

Comment

Where are we going for a bag of cans when Donnie gets reelected?
                        You and Gemma O'Doherty can get locked and start a mask protest in front of the GPO.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You and Gemma O'Doherty can get locked and start a mask protest in front of the GPO.
                          Think she prefers the Custom House; not as many foreign types hanging around

Comment

Think she prefers the Custom House; not as many foreign types hanging around
                            au contraire

Comment

Covid presser on RTE1 at 11:30.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'd mark them 2.5 out of 5 for that.

Comment

Martin didnt even believe himself there. V weak from him and have provided fuck all clarity really. Defined stages that can be changed on a whim by Nephet, so not defined. Embarrassing for them once again
                                  airport, lol

Comment

That was a fucking mess
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      I'd mark them 2.5 out of 5 for that.
                                      We have a clear plan with 5 distinct levels.

What level is Dublin on?

WAT?

Comment

New Dublin restrictions. Wet PUBS to be moved into the natural history museum . Will have to drink with the culchies so. (No difference there )

Comment

Am I the only one who wants them to cut to the chase and tell us when I can go into town and get locked

Comment

Choose one:

A: You can see why they would be worried about the health concerns of the mentally ill with regards to masks

B: Way too funny to be an SNL skit

Comment

In other news 10 year cancer battle for Michael Laudrup, finally the all clear. Class player .

Comment

General Level Based Rules NOTE! Visits to family homes are to be restricted to six people from one other household, according to new recommendations from public health officials. Level 1,Level 2 (Majority of counties),Level 3 (Dublin and Donegal Only),Level 4,Level 5 Social and family gatherings...

shorthand guide to lockdown levels
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Loved Leo's UptheDubs reference during the presser

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    In other news 10 year cancer battle for Michael Laudrup, finally the all clear. Class player .
                                                    You Mean Brian not Michael I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post

You Mean Brian not Michael I think.
                                                      Correct . Both great players

Comment

Entire Cabinet to self-isolate as Dáil adjourned
                                                        https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...olation-covid/

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          Current view of where im
                                                          staying. I'd say approx 10 guests here that's, one pool, same at other pool easily 150 if not more apartments here . It's fab here, have to wear mask everywhere on to the beach included. Thought would be horrific but it's not a problem at all. I'm coming here, a good few years. A good few places have closed their doors for good. Zero active cases here in corralejo.! The beach is fucking amazing.
                                                          Screenshot_20200914_190218.jpg IMG_20200914_185301_192.jpg
                                                          Love Corralejo -wish I was there

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

No went back to work for 2 weeks then obv had this, booked. Have to self qaurentine for 2 weeks when back. Won't be a problem. Spent 5 months barely leaving my bedroom anyway.
                                                            Tesco online shop. Plenty Tonic and ice to go with the duty free. Should be grand
                                                            Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a couple of bottles of Malfy Gin (few flavours all lovely but the blood orange one is really good). About €20 there and c.€50 if lucky enough to find it here

Comment

Comment

Really pathetic efforts by pisspoor journos and opposition for oppositions sake clown's Mary Lou and Rosin Shortall to try and pretend that something clear and simple is too complicated for people to understand. I suppose if people were thick enough to vote for one of them they are going to struggle with basic comprehension

Comment

Comment

"Please join me tomorrow when I will be “freezing” my Instagram and FB account to tell Facebook to #StopHateForProfit."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      It takes just one kim to rule the world

Charts and graphs really are your kryptonite. y-axis range is garbage.

Gratuitous snap of Kim bonus.

Comment

Not in any way related to the above picture but anyone think Donnie Boy might throw the presidential race so he can go back to the happier times of rampant pussy-grabbin'?

Comment

Comment

Not in any way related to the above picture but anyone think Donnie Boy might throw the presidential race so he can go back to the happier times of rampant pussy-grabbin'?
                                                                            I don't think he can. If he loses he probably ends up in prison. There are numerous cases making their way through the courts. If he wins he has four more years to purge the justice system of honest honest folk. Also the way he is acting now he won't have many friends left.

Comment

...

Comment

I thought he was trying to throw it for the last 5 years. Think kicking Biden from behind in a debate might do it, though even that could back-fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Really pathetic efforts by pisspoor journos and opposition for oppositions sake clown's Mary Lou and Rosin Shortall to try and pretend that something clear and simple is too complicated for people to understand. I suppose if people were thick enough to vote for one of them they are going to struggle with basic comprehension

Same above here tbh. Just fairly obvious stuff that is is easily clear if you have any modicum of common sense. Like the 2.5 comment. I struggle to accept there are people who can work and cloth themselves by themselves in the morning who can't work out that that was meant to indicate 'its 2 - but its edging up'.
                                                                                  It's like watching a cripple fight reading the two of ye vying for the position of Ireland's shittest political commentator tbf

Comment

Ah. In this particular situation I just couldn't see what the axis was due to being on the phone. Thank you Inspector Axis.
                                                                                    If Zerohedge or Bloomberg zoom out.

Good rule of thumb.

Comment

Time to start spending the loots buddy.

You need something more like nascar to say that to make any difference

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

You need something more like nascar to say that to make any difference
                                                                                        'Time' published an edition with a black border for the 2nd time evvvr. Time magazine!

Comment

Manys the few Bob he won me Smullen lost the battle this evening aged 43 . My fav after Eddery boo to proxy cancer

Comment

Same above here tbh. Just fairly obvious stuff that is is easily clear if you have any modicum of common sense. Like the 2.5 comment. I struggle to accept there are people who can work and cloth themselves by themselves in the morning who can't work out that that was meant to indicate 'its 2 - but its edging up'.
                                                                                            I spend a fair bit of time programming these concepts - Irish businesses love having their custs or vendors or products graded into A,B,C or Red, Orange, Yellow, Green. It usually gets messy quickly when they feel the need to add extra categories in between which is a pain. But I've never seen it so disorganised that they need a sub-category on the first day. Seriously, either have 6 categories at the start or else change the criteria such that everywhere is in the initial 5 categories. It just looks incompetent otherwise.

And as for your 'its 2 - but its edging up' comment. That might just make sense if the extra restrictions were coming from the 3 box. But the 'wet pubs' one in particular seems to be coming from 5.
                                                                                            They can open 'outdoors only' at level 4 so presumably there are less restrictions at level 3. So Dublin is level 2 with a bit of level 5. That just doesn't make logical sense.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You're some man for the quips. I'd say you make your family inordinately proud.
                                                                                                  My family?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I was getting at the imagery of perhaps your proud mammy saying 'ah young keane is a great man for a quip, you should see what he says on IPB!'
                                                                                                        I think we'd all rather avoid thinking about what our families would say if they read what we post on IPB

Comment

Well if dublin moves to stage 3 there's places with less restrictions.
                                                                                                          Wet pubs can open with restrictions for example. Do we jump straight to 3.5?
                                                                                                          They have defined a load things but then nephet can just add more stuff which defeats the purpose.
                                                                                                          There isn't a single metric in the plan I could see where public could see how we actually move through the levels and therefore maybe get behind it and trust it.
                                                                                                          We are left in same scenario where they will meet and discuss a few things. Move us to a level but maybe change a few things on top.
                                                                                                          Lots of the details of how various businesses/services etc can operate just say "additional restrictions". I must be an idiot if all this is v clear.
                                                                                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 15-09-20, 22:33.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

It was quite clear they didn't take the plan to some people who weren't close to it to pick holes and ask the difficult questions, so they could try mend said holes and prepare answers for the difficult questions. Would have imagined that would be basic enough for anyone presenting even in a small office. That's the incompetence we are dealing with
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Gleeson finds it hard to extend his range beyond his shtick but there is something about a few moments in this interview that capture with heartbreaking honesty the reality of what was going on.

harzand2_web.jpg
                                                                                                              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone with a coinbase account want a few internet tokens?
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Seriously people who are having trouble understanding the restrictions are either disingenuous or thick.

It's not complicated, iwe can all work towards a goal of limiting the viruses spread by following the spirit and intentions of the rules no matter how little we personally understand the thinking behind them or what minor inconsistencies they contain.
                                                                                                                  Just fucking up and shut up, if you haven't a better plan then put it up for discussion.
                                                                                                                  Donnelly is a gobshite and Mehole is a charisma free zone but they are who we have and again I don't hear anyone with abetter plan.

Fucking sick of listening to gombeen publicans and their wet brain punters whinging.

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah its a weird approach where you are assuming they are simpletons that wouldn't have thought all this through.

I was reading a document today on the covid employment payment - loads of emails back and forth between various senior folks in the dept finance on whether to allow directors to claim the benefit. It turns out they were reluctant to allow directors as they had heard from companies house and tax office that loads of small firms were, almost overnight, were bringing in their family members as directors in the hope that they could all claim the covid unemployment payment. But in the end they decided to allow these scam artists to claim as they weren't too plentiful and banning them would create lobbying bad news at a time when Pascal needed to sell a bigger budget idea.

Now - my point here is, and as you can see from this example - these folks clearly work on a vastly more complex decision field that we do. They have, and will have had, endless debates about this information presented today. All the way down to the micro level. It's ridiculous to think that they are not doing something that is, to quote you, "basic enough for anyone presenting even in a small office". Have a look at how much debate they have over even issues like the one I posted above.

If there are holes in what was presented today its because its complex and they need to leave holes there, not because they haven't realised there are holes. And if you want the likes of SF to tell you, like Boris tells the Brits, that things are oven-ready, simple as pie, then fire ahead and live in that pretend simple world. But things aren't that simple when they are done right and thats why they sometimes have holes in them. And thats why proper politicians don't try to paper over those, because they try to trust that people will not have a fit if everything in a unprecedented pandemic isn't pretend-perfect.
                                                                                                                      This may partially illustrate where you're consistently going wrong because it's almost exactly factually accurate, but also almost exactly the opposite of what actually happened. In fact, the government originally explicitly intended to exclude directors because Paschal Donohoe was more worried about the scam artists than about the people legitimately claiming being excluded.

Earlier on Friday, Mr Donohoe had said he recognised that the exclusion of directors from the scheme was “an issue for some”. But he added that the measures had been put in place to avoid abuse of the scheme, which will cost approximately €2.2 billion to the end of March 2021
                                                                                                                      Later, after quite a bit of criticism from normies that you would probably have argued against going on recent form, Coveney, then Michael McGrath then eventually Paschal admitted that this was a pretty stupid idea that they had better go back and think about some more.

Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe said late on Friday that he had asked Revenue to reinstate directors who retain ordinary employees on their payroll to the scheme and has also asked his department to review the provision.

The U-turn comes after many businesses owners expressed anger at being excluded from the scheme in a move that would effectively leave them without any income.

It also followed commitments from fellow Ministers Michael McGrath and Simon Coveney to find a solution.
                                                                                                                      https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...sidy-1.4318810

So like, the 4d chess doyens in the dept of finance did literally start off with the position that you thought only a simpleton wouldn't have thought through, and then quickly, publicly, embarrassingly but correctly reassessed based on legitimate criticism from the general public.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Keane; 16-09-20, 00:19.

Comment

Lads it not up for debate is it? Mehole is shite, buck stops there. today was a bad day for govt. they introduced the system which they didn't follow. bullshit if they can't use it it won't last

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                                                                                                                          Lads it not up for debate is it? Mehole is shite, buck stops there. today was a bad day for govt. they introduced the system which they didn't follow. bullshit if they can't use it it won't last
                                                                                                                          In fairness I actually have time for Micheal, as in I'd be surprised to learn he wasn't a fundamentally very decent man. I think he's really misreading the mood of the nation since he took office though if he's responsible for the sort of dithering equivocation that's characterised the government's communications pretty much since they started.

Interestingly they were all excellent around Brexit again in the last week. I wonder is it a coincidence that the bit they're all nailing is the bit Coveney is in charge of.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X