Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The search ends. I'm not a vodka drinker but have been dying to get my hands on this. Just had a wee taste. Any coconut lovers will love this ​​​​​​

IMG_20200911_140151.jpg
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Cooks the base better i find, will crisp it up, also acts as a deflector for the direct heat below.

What bbq did you end up getting ?
      Thanks. I found that the base was blackening before the cheese was melted to the level I would have wanted so that sounds helpful. I've ordered one now. I ended up going for the Weber Q2200 as I felt if I went for charcoal I'd never end up using it. I got a bag of hickory wood chips for the bit of flavour and have had decent success putting them in a little covered aluminium tray for smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Thanks. I found that the base was blackening before the cheese was melted to the level I would have wanted so that sounds helpful. I've ordered one now. I ended up going for the Weber Q2200 as I felt if I went for charcoal I'd never end up using it. I got a bag of hickory wood chips for the bit of flavour and have had decent success putting them in a little covered aluminium tray for smoking.
        Fine machine, have one myself, dont waste money using the weber alu trays, just line drip pan with alu foil.

Youtube guy, fireescape griller i think he is called, cooks everything on a 1000 version.

Now that you have the gas, an ooni Koda next on the list...
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Just in case I never mentioned it. Great tv show called Mr Inbetween. If you haven't seen it then you have a treat awaiting. Deffo a 9+ rating from me.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Has anybody upgraded to the new Virgin Media tv box and opinions for those of you that did?
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              Just in case I never mentioned it. Great tv show called Mr Inbetween. If you haven't seen it then you have a treat awaiting. Deffo a 9+ rating from me.
              definitely one of my favorite shows of the last few years. is season 3 out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                Wow! I was half way through se02 and forgot all about it... Was enjoying it too, that's mad.

Think I may have have been travelling when I was watching it, looking forward to finishing it now!
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-09-20, 16:02.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any recommendations for the best Windows laptop on the market at moment? Anyone buy anything decent lately?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Fine machine, have one myself, dont waste money using the weber alu trays, just line drip pan with alu foil.

Youtube guy, fireescape griller i think he is called, cooks everything on a 1000 version.

Now that you have the gas, an ooni Koda next on the list...
                    What are the tips for getting the best flavour possible from all the pizza experts here? Any particularly good recipes for the tomato sauce or particularly good cheese brands I should look out for?

Comment

What are the tips for getting the best flavour possible from all the pizza experts here? Any particularly good recipes for the tomato sauce or particularly good cheese brands I should look out for?
                      I'm no expert but for pizza, I generally go with a good jar of passata, Dunnes own brand grated pizza cheese mix and then I'll add in fresh cheese depending on what I'm having. Favourite at the minute is fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, chorizo and Parma ham.

Comment

Not sure about the difference it may make on a pizza but buffalo mozzarella is streets ahead of the standard stuff in flavour. Like two different cheeses.

There's an Irish one, from Cork I think that's the best I've had.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Not sure about the difference it may make on a pizza but buffalo mozzarella is streets ahead of the standard stuff in flavour. Like two different cheeses.

Fuck off you cunts who run enough to enjoy eating carbs
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

They have buffalo's in Cork?

Comment

I actually posted above completely forgetting that I am doing pizza tonight.

Pics to follow

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Yep, this is them, it's really really good..

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Fuck off you cunts who run enough to enjoy eating carbs
                                  Cheese is protein dude, you can lump it into ye

Comment

if they were a bit further north, they'd be biffolos
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Topped up on Biden again at 17/20.

I'm firmly convinced this is one of the political bets of a lifetime. The market is so far out of whack with reality, it's mad.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        Any recommendations for the best Windows laptop on the market at moment? Anyone buy anything decent lately?
                                        Budget? AMD Ryzen's new CPUs are the only things to be thinking about. I'm waiting for a 4800U to be available in more than the ROG Zephyrus G14. I'm hoping for a Lenovo Yoga 7 or if that doesn't get picked up soon I may be going for a HP X360 with same CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Has anybody upgraded to the new Virgin Media tv box and opinions for those of you that did?
                                          Yeah we were one of the first to get the new box to test it cos herself works for Virgin Media. Top class set up and a million times better than the old one. I'm at the parents house this evening using sky and I'd go so far as to say virgin is at least as good if not better now.

Comment

Trying to remember the last time I watched TV, as in Sky TV.

Oh yeah, watched some of the LLS last Fri night. That's prob it for the past 6 weeks or so.

Why tf am I paying for that shit.

​​​​​​You kinda feel like you must have it just in case, but jaysis it's burning money.

Comment

Poker tournament Alert......

If any of ye fancy a game tomorrow night (Saturday)....

This will be the second year of this ga,e hosted by old IPB reg Caf

Last year was live in The Loft in Naas but this year will be under the Home Games on Pokerstars

It is a game in honour of his brother and my (our) old friend 72over

Its a €20 game with an optional rebuy and add-on.

Expected to be listed for 8-9pm to suit some Aussies who want to play.

Normally 50% goes to a charity chosen by Dave & Brian mum so this year it can tbe organised Live by the loft so they would like the winner to follow suit with their own or ask the organisers for thier chosen one.

"The more the merrier! €20 rebuy with a top up at the break. 50% of prize pool is to go to a charity (been chosen by my mother the last 2 years). Guessing this year it's up to the winners to donate it be cause its online where previously the Loft in Naas split it in half"

Anyway anyone from here that knew or met 72over knows what a loss is his to them.

Deets - Pokerstars: home club Club: 3224681 Code: Naasistheplace

I hope to be in and would be nice to have a few in for a beer and chat on here for the craic
                                              Last edited by Dice75; 11-09-20, 21:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm firmly convinced this is one of the political bets of a lifetime. The market is so far out of whack with reality, it's mad.
                                                America is so far out of whack with reality, it's mad. Hope you're right.
                                                like you analogy that previous election was a referendum on hilary, with this being one on trump, hope you're right
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Trying to remember the last time I watched TV, as in Sky TV.

Oh yeah, watched some of the LLS last Fri night. That's prob it for the past 6 weeks or so.

Why tf am I paying for that shit.

​​​​​​You kinda feel like you must have it just in case, but jaysis it's burning money.
                                                  It's been about 7 years since I had contract telly like that in the house. I'm considering paying for now tv or some sort of sports package as stealing sport is more effort than it's worth at the moment. Otherwise a good internet connection and I'm not sure why anyone bothers
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Can you still get RTÉ etc without a TV sub?

Is that Saorview thing foc?

I know Saor is Irish for free, but is it actually free?

Comment

Enjoy that holiday SatNav before I cancel.

Comment

Before going in the oven.

Roasted the peppers for 20 minutes and the chorizo for 10 minutes first. Also added some dried Italian herbs on top of the passata. Then it was adding the pizza mix, mozzarella, roasted peppers, chorizo and Parma ham.

SPOILER

Just out of the oven

SPOILER

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The risk issue, it uncomfortably occurred to me today, is that Biden bombs at the debates. Remember the debate where Trump completely and utterly destroyed Little Marco? Something about how he was drinking water? Before it Marco was fine, Marco was a contender, Marco was going places. Then one little debate - and one little moment during that debate - and you couldn't even consider Marco as a politician you could look straight in the eyes anymore. What if, somehow, Trump does that to Biden? I'm not saying its going to happen. I sure as fuck hope it doesn't happen, given we have the same bet, but it *might* happen. So what I'm thinking is I'll wait personally until the first debate on the 29th and the minute Biden gets through it unscathed I'll dump the (baby sized) money truck into Biden again. Not that Biden needs to win the debate, just that he needs to not catastrophically lose it.
                                                                  I think it will be very different now. Trump had no record to defend then and could promise the world. At the time he was a truly revolutionary candidate - he promised change from the normal politicians. Unfortunately, it turned out that that change was an unmitigated disaster! Biden has so many easy vectors of attack. As Raoul said, if you're defending you're losing. I could actually imagine a complete meltdown if the moderator doesn't allow Trump to lie constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I think it will be very different now. Trump had no record to defend then and could promise the world. At the time he was a truly revolutionary candidate - he promised change from the normal politicians. Unfortunately, it turned out that that change was an unmitigated disaster! Biden has so many easy vectors of attack. As Raoul said, if you're defending you're losing. I could actually imagine a complete meltdown if the moderator doesn't allow Trump to lie constantly.
                                                                    All good points if the democrats had not decided to try and remake weekend at bernies with their candidate

Comment

Can you still get RTÉ etc without a TV sub?

Is that Saorview thing foc?

I know Saor is Irish for free, but is it actually free?
                                                                      Yeah, saorview is 'free', you just need a basic antenna. Like an old 'rabbits ears' is fine in Dublin, but you might need an outdoor one out in the sticks. Like BennyHIFI I went down the road of getting the free UK channels with a dish. It's a bit industrial, in the sense that you occasionally have to manually retune channels, but it works fine. I got mine installed by by these lads was happy enough https://www.satellite.ie/

Comment

You should at least have waited 'till the first debate. He'll be 2/1 after Donnie wipes the floor with him.

Comment

Yeah, saorview is 'free', you just need a basic antenna. Like an old 'rabbits ears' is fine in Dublin, but you might need an outdoor one out in the sticks. Like BennyHIFI I went down the road of getting the free UK channels with a dish. It's a bit industrial, in the sense that you occasionally have to manually retune channels, but it works fine. I got mine installed by by these lads was happy enough https://www.satellite.ie/
                                                                          Agreed. I think it's absolutely perfect for my needs. Plenty of oddball channels to compliment the required fare of BBC/C4/RTE/ITV, many of them the same as I was getting on cable. All the radio channels, about 10 channels for the young fella inc x2CBBC and CITV and some decent movie channels but industrial is a good way to describe the nav/menus/recording etc... but I don't care about those too much.

How do you manually re-tune Collie? Lost the travel channel there recently with some cookery shows I occasionally linger on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Agreed. I think it's absolutely perfect for my needs. Plenty of oddball channels to compliment the required fare of BBC/C4/RTE/ITV, many of them the same as I was getting on cable. All the radio channels, about 10 channels for the young fella inc x2CBBC and CITV and some decent movie channels but industrial is a good way to describe the nav/menus/recording etc... but I don't care about those too much.

How do you manually re-tune Collie? Lost the travel channel there recently with some cookery shows I occasionally linger on.
                                                                              I usually follow the instructions here. They always update their list when changes occur(so far) https://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Fr...Questions.html

Comment

I've been waiting for that to pop up on sale for ages since you posted the video maybe six months ago.

I don't know enough about what makes computers whir and do things, but I was thinking of getting a super-powered desktop for data work with that Ryzen9, the RTX3080 graphics card, and then just to make sure theres no plumbing issues: 64gb ram and a one terrabyte ssd.

I've no idea what all those things would do together though. It could be the equivalent of homer going in a restaurant and ordering the most expensive meat stuffed with the second most expensive meat. So will have to research that a whole lot further. Is there something obviously flawed with that i wonder. Like maybe of the Ryzen and the RTX3080 only one could do the job and therefore it would be better just going for the best version of one, rather than both.
                                                                                What's the use case?

I think I suggested renting servers on paperspace, azure or aws before instead of trying to create a powerful desktop. I still think that this is the best way to go, mostly because it scales so easily. You can decide "fuck this I need 240 cores so I can get this done quickly" and simply provision them for one day and let the hardware providers pick handle the scaling. This would also encourage you to think 'Dev pipeline', where you actually 'deploy' code to the servers and have it running. As you get further and further down this track you can setup DevOps and CI via Gitlab/Github/Jenkins. It basically mimics the actual development pipelines that you would use in industry.

Comment

zuuroph - this being his missus and pictures of what she has done to the gaff - mustn't be allowed to touch anything in his house. It seems almost controllingly (although definitely not displeasingly) designed. https://www.instagram.com/saara_mcloughlin/ I can't imagine you'd be allowed to leave many empty teacups sitting on the table.
                                                                                  i think i'd feel physically sick most days waking up in that.

Comment

i think i'd feel physically sick most days waking up in that.
                                                                                    I literally felt unwell just looking at the pictures. Life size would be unbearable.

Comment

...

Comment

The risk issue, it uncomfortably occurred to me today, is that Biden bombs at the debates. Remember the debate where Trump completely and utterly destroyed Little Marco? Something about how he was drinking water? Before it Marco was fine, Marco was a contender, Marco was going places. Then one little debate - and one little moment during that debate - and you couldn't even consider Marco as a politician you could look straight in the eyes anymore. What if, somehow, Trump does that to Biden? I'm not saying its going to happen. I sure as fuck hope it doesn't happen, given we have the same bet, but it *might* happen. So what I'm thinking is I'll wait personally until the first debate on the 29th and the minute Biden gets through it unscathed I'll dump the (baby sized) money truck into Biden again. Not that Biden needs to win the debate, just that he needs to not catastrophically lose it.
                                                                                        Ah yes, Trump the Great Debater. I'm terrified.

Remind me again what the prime topic will be in each and every debate?

Comment

DJ Spiral got kicked out of Lidl/Aldi for not wearing a mask, posted it on Twitter and then deleted it when the reaction wasn't what he had hoped for

Comment

I usually follow the instructions here. They always update their list when changes occur(so far) https://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Fr...Questions.html
                                                                                            Good man. Very straightforward.

No Travel Channel unfortunately but I got Smithsonian and Pick back along with a bunch of new ones - Sky Arts, Sky News, Paramount, couple of CBS, and the highly anticipated Iran International HD!

Then I figured I'd search online for the Astra 2G frequency for some channels that were once on the box (they are still allocated a channel when I navigate up and down the channel list but there is no signal) and then just found the allocated frequency in the settings, hit scan and hey presto - the much missed Kerrang TV, The Box, Kiss, Box Hits etc... return. I`'m sure ill add a few more over the weekend as I'm surfing tho

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Good man. Very straightforward.

No Travel Channel unfortunately
                                                                                              Seems the Travel channel closed down on 28 August. Hadn't noticed Sky Arts was available. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                DJ Spiral got kicked out of Lidl/Aldi for not wearing a mask, posted it on Twitter and then deleted it when the reaction wasn't what he had hoped for
                                                                                                Fond memories of that guy at the poker table. Some man to go on tilt.

Comment

Ah yes, Trump the Great Debater. I'm terrified.

Remind me again what the prime topic will be in each and every debate?
                                                                                                  I would be concerned. One would imagine that Biden's potential downside for the debates is a lot steeper than Trump's.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I would be concerned. One would imagine that Biden's potential downside for the debates is a lot steeper than Trump's.
                                                                                                    Naw the subject matter hangs Trump every time . Hopefully he does a Jessup from a few good men . On 2nd thoughts he does that every presser. He is toast

Comment

...

Comment

I played with him . Hes didnt like my. 'Let's not let this spiral out of control ' comment the table did though.

Comment

...

Comment

I think Zuroph's gaff is awesome. Very creative.

Comment

What was the topic when he noticed Little Marcos hands shaking while drinking water in the debate? Nobody knows or cares. What we do know or care is that it was the end of a Trump opponent, so it's a risk factor. Only seeking out confirmatory news is all very comforting until it isn't.
                                                                                                              Come on the shit going on now is unprecedented. (Or unpresidented) . The US is not 50/50 on Trump.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-09-20, 11:30.

Comment

RIP Toots, massive talent

Comment

Remember him trying to pick a fight with mickste (for calling the clock I think) and getting deeply confused when Mick asked him to explain why that warranted a fight. No answer.

Comment

RIP Toots

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X