This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Army need to be out on all roads out of Dublin stopping leafy suburb scumbags trying to flee to their country boltholes before the tip gets locked down.
    1 2 3 4 5 . Hunt the hare and turn her

Comment

Hi folks

What's the best play in Ireland for looking for Business start-up grants.

Very TLDR:

Industry: Sports Analytics
      Owners: Sole Trader
      Current Emplyees: 0
      Revenue Currently: 0
      Potential Client Base: Global
      Delivery Method: Online exclusively
      Potential 5 year employee count: 50+ Part time, 15+ Full time
      Expected Revenue (based on current business I'm in): 1m per annum after Yr3

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Trump is toast . IPB really has its finger on the wrong pulse in this regard . I hope ye got on. The tedious narrative that he could shoot a baby and his base will still follow him is moot. His base isnt enough to get him over the line . He got the winds of change backlash vote last nime but he wont get the clusterfuck vote this time. The electorate will destroy him .
        I think (and worry) that you are very wrong with this.

The US is a hyper individualist society. Unless they've been personally affected by a Covid death they will be apathetic to this. His 'Democratic cities are burning' and his 'Blacks are coming to your neighbourhood' rhetoric will work on massive swathes.

This won't dent him, just as Access Hollywood didn't dent him.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Atlantic article is the only scandal so far that could hurt him, but that's fizzling without Kelly or Mathis confirming it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I think (and worry) that you are very wrong with this.

The US is a hyper individualist society. Unless they've been personally affected by a Covid death they will be apathetic to this. His 'Democratic cities are burning' and his 'Blacks are coming to your neighbourhood' rhetoric will work on massive swathes.

This won't dent him, just as Access Hollywood didn't dent him.

Are you willing to back this opinion up with a wager? Feels like we could put together quite a fun IPB book on the election.

Here's the current bookies odds for info. You can get a shade of odds against Trump.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
              Hi folks

Very TLDR:

EI if you are willing to spend enough on consultants to explain what it is to them and accountants to prove to them that its low risk.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

EI if you are willing to spend enough on consultants to explain what it is to them and accountants to prove to them that its low risk.
                Thought EI might be the play.

Thanks

Comment

I'm trying to help you chimps make a few bob. I've got my money on already . I'll buy some random stuff off the internet with my winnings . Comparing the Hilary/\Trump match up to this is the leak in your play.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Are you willing to back this opinion up with a wager? Feels like we could put together quite a fun IPB book on the election.

Here's the current bookies odds for info. You can get a shade of odds against Trump.
                    I could stretch to €50. Any more than that and I'd be rooting for the cunt.

Comment

I could stretch to €50. Any more than that and I'd be rooting for the cunt.
                      Sure - I'll give you my 55 Biden to your 50 Trump?

If I win, I promise to waste the money frivolously.

Comment

Have ye no scruples, the man has kiddies. Do a forfeit. He has to livestream himself going to a mass or you have to play a round of golf.

Comment

Thumbs up.

If I win I promise to spend it on strong alcohol, or maybe heroin.

Comment

Thumbs up.

If I win I promise to spend it on strong alcohol, or maybe heroin.
                            Don't restrict yourself to binary choices. Have both.

Booked. Anyone else want in?

Comment

Went blackberry-picking with the youngest on Howth Head last night, just baked this and this with the bounty.

Only sampled the squares so far but muy delicioso as Dora the Explorer would say. Still got a fucking pile of blackberries left but I am not making jam as that is a slippery slope.

Comment

Hi folks

Very TLDR:

I'm starting a 1 year analytics course in January so the following year might be looking for either

A. One of them there jobs
                                Or
                                B. The business start up playbook

Best of luck

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I see, in unrelated matters, that the brits are doing their ultimate best to lure you into a false sense of security about your bet with me being in the bag. If we didn't all know its a scam its almost convincing. ha ha.
                                    Indeed. You should probably have more on, I'm happy to oblige.

Comment

Eirexit complete anyway.

Though they tried their hardest to keep us with cancelled trains, ferries taking off without us etc.

Good to be home home.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Eirexit complete anyway.

Though they tried their hardest to keep us with cancelled trains, ferries taking off without us etc.

Good to be home home.
                                        Welcome home. Hope it works out well for ye

Comment

Eirexit complete anyway.

Good to be home home.
                                          What bit of this isle are you locating in Emmet?

Comment

Comment

Hi folks

Very TLDR:

We've received nearly €500K in innovation grants from EI previously and are in the process of applying for another. I wasn't directly involved in dealing with EI but was involved in putting together the application documents. Feel free to pm with any questions.

Comment

welcome back emmet. was that a decade or so away?
                                                A decade tomorrow!

Comment

What bit of this isle are you locating in Emmet?
                                                  Home home. Dublin. Struggling to get a house sorted though, have been completely smashed out of the park a few times bidding already.

Comment

A decade tomorrow!
                                                    Not a date one forgets easily.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't restrict yourself to binary choices. Have both.

Booked. Anyone else want in?
                                                      I'll take the same bet.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I'll take the same bet.
                                                        My 55 Biden to your 50 Trump, booked. Think this is the first bet I ever have had with you!

Comment

Jaysis. That's probably the least temperately worded statement out of the EU during this entire Brexit shitshow.

I think it probably translates to:

Comment

Comment

How's your day going
                                                              Attached Files
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Home home. Dublin. Struggling to get a house sorted though, have been completely smashed out of the park a few times bidding already.
                                                                Covid haircut has fucked my mortgage approval.
                                                                My P60 gives me X my adjusted wages gives me X-what I want to by in the area I want to.
                                                                Half thinking of sitting on my hands for another 6 months.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My 55 Biden to your 50 Trump, booked. Think this is the first bet I ever have had with you!

Where are your scruples . The man has a motorbike to maintain . Do a forfeit . You get to ride his bike if you win. Erm he gets to ride you if he wins .

Comment

Practically my first wager with a person ever. I did have £5 on Mary Robinson in 1990, but that's about it.

Comment

Practically my first wager with a person ever. I did have £5 on Mary Robinson in 1990, but that's about it.
                                                                      Aftertiming c*nt
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

we are through the looking glass .

Comment

This bet with Raoul reminds me of the time I backed England to beat Ireland in the 6N.

Word got out in the pub and the barman genuinely threatened to throw me out. Had to pretend it was a win win bet so I could order another pint.

Comment

Wondering does Cummings have this apparent madness plotted as an insanely cunning way to cut loose the cash sink that is Northern Ireland?

Comment

Wondering does Cummings have this apparent madness plotted as an insanely cunning way to cut loose the cash sink that is Northern Ireland?
                                                                              That would actually make some sense. Doubt he has any such long term goals. Didn't his auld fella say somewhere that BoJo was planning to be gone in 6 months?

Edit: Was his father in-law https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eportedly-says
                                                                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 10-09-20, 20:25.

Comment

...

Comment

At least one smart guy (kinda) echoing my earlier thoughts on the matter leading to the bet with Raoul. It is a classic strategy, even if taken to the extreme in this case. That's why these types of negotiations always seem to be about to collapse and then there's a last minute deal.

Well he is a smart guy. And you're a very smart guy.

And I'm a very stupid guy.

So my offer to you to increase your bet stands.

Comment

Well he is a smart guy. And you're a very smart guy.

And I'm a very stupid guy.

So my offer to you to increase your bet stands.
                                                                                    Give the man a break! All his spare cash is tied up in bags of flour, and he hasn't even started into the joys of spelt yet afaik

Comment

Give the man a break! All his spare cash is tied up in bags of flour, and he hasn't even started into the joys of spelt yet afaik
                                                                                      Sure the more dough (boom) he wins off me, the more flour he can purchase. It's all upside.

Comment

...

Comment

Not sure about anyone else but when RD &HH start betting and talking about 50's...its in the thousands for me i hear.
                                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 11-09-20, 00:34.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Not sure about anyone else but when RD &HH start betting and talking about 50's...its in the thousands for me i hear.
                                                                                            They need to download WhatsApp.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I’m on Piercy FRL too - Every on Poa I wouldn’t be mad on but he’s won me plenty of FRL money in the past so might have a nibble. (Also Mullinax FRL on the KF tour worth a pop at 110/1)

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

^^^ Guessing that's in reference to some sporting event. May as well be in Sanskrit for all it means to me.

Comment

SWEET . :-)

Comment

^^^ Guessing that's in reference to some sporting event. May as well be in Sanskrit for all it means to me.
                                                                                                    Mullinax is a golfer, KF Tour is the Korn Ferry tour, FRL is first round leader. 110/1 is the odds he was. 1st is the position he was after the first round.
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Genuinely thought it might be a cryptocurrency thing

Comment

Mullinax is a golfer, KF Tour is the Korn Ferry tour, FRL is first round leader. 110/1 is the odds he was. 1st is the position he was after the first round.
                                                                                                        It was a great call. I hope you had a few bob on. Some great odds in the FRL bets plus gives you a great interest in the 1st round . Knox was amazing yesterday . Another guy who can go on a run at times . 110 to 1 Elbows . Happy Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It was a great call. I hope you had a few bob on. Some great odds in the FRL bets plus gives you a great interest in the 1st round . Knox was amazing yesterday . Another guy who can go on a run at times . 110 to 1 Elbows . Happy Friday.
                                                                                                          Nearly backed Knox after reading this the other

Anyway - Happy Friday indeed

Comment

The Athletic subscription is currently available for $1 a month here

Hard to beat if you like your sports news
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Happy 911 day

Comment

Happy 911 day

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                  The Athletic subscription is currently available for $1 a month here

Hard to beat if you like your sports news
                                                                                                                  Not enough Rugby or Racing for me but it looks like a good site.
                                                                                                                  Is it mostly original content or is it aggregated from other sources ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not enough Rugby or Racing for me but it looks like a good site.
                                                                                                                    Is it mostly original content or is it aggregated from other sources ?
                                                                                                                    It's all original as far as I know. They made a big play for a lot of journos from other papers and publications and stole them away to develop the site and build the content out.

Comment

I spluttered reading the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        Our bets are carefully calibrated such that the financial upside is miniscule compared to the wellbeing inspired by the resultant gloating. So yeah, just €50 a pop.

My proper bets on Biden are with the bookies. He's been shaved slightly this week to a general 4/5 and you can get 11/10 Trump if you shop around.

All of the polls indicate a very curious lack of momentum by both sides over the last few weeks. It'll be interesting to see what the first post-Woodward polls say, if the Dems can get it to stick that Trump literally killed American people by his disastrous response, then I'd expect the market to start moving more. Even if it doesn't stick, Trump is on constant defence so that's all good too.

And people are already voting.

Comment

last 24 hours for FPL entries...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X