• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly cannot believe he said this

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The issue with Debenhams is that the company didn't really go bust, it's basically a tactical liquidation that ends fucking over the workers.

Debenhams chairman Mark Gifford has said the department store is far from being on the brink of collapse and insisted that trading has been good.

// He also says Debenhams has £50m more money in the bank than initially forecast when it went into administration

Debenhams chairman Mark Gifford has said the department store chain is far from being on the brink of collapse and insisted that trading has been better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        I honestly cannot believe he said this
        He had the look of a man who had been fed that line.

This is the Cummings Play. Fuck knows what advantage he thinks it will accrue, does he really think the EU will be panicked into giving them their unicorns?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          got the same letter as Solks got yesterday, would have thought they should at the very least be saying which class has got it. We have 2 kids in there so 4/1 shot.

followed up with:

A confirmed case of COVID-19 in xxxxxx National School has been notified to the HSE.

A risk assessment has been undertaken by the HSE and, late yesterday evening, the parents of any children the HSE has deemed to be close contacts of the confirmed case have been contacted by the HSE and advised accordingly.

The school continues to follow the advice and guidance of the HSE in relation to this case.
          so given we got no comms from the HSE, party on.

Comment

This is the Cummings Play. Fuck knows what advantage he thinks it will accrue, does he really think the EU will be panicked into giving them their unicorns?
            Whatever his plan is, I don't think he has the best interests of the UK at heart.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I went looking to book a massage for the wife as a present and ended up going down a wee rabbit hole. Whats the story with e.g. here (nsfw, even know there's nothing nsfw on the page)? It's obviously something, I just don't know what. Like in general terms, not this specific person - what are they offering? I get the impression its something between full-blown something and a regular something, but specifically isn't the full-blown something nor is it just the regular something.
                Therapy to help you reach a more intense level of pleasure sensations with my hands hj
                Seems like Hectorjelly is involved somehow.

or else hj stands for something else, hmmmm what could it be....

Comment

Comment

I went looking to book a massage for the wife as a present and ended up going down a wee rabbit hole. Whats the story with e.g. here (nsfw, even know there's nothing nsfw on the page)? It's obviously something, I just don't know what. Like in general terms, not this specific person - what are they offering? I get the impression its something between full-blown something and a regular something, but specifically isn't the full-blown something nor is it just the regular something.
                    Subtle "hj"
                    airport, lol

Comment

Whats the story with the Debenhams crew? Is redundancy pay not a legal requirement? Thought there was a standard thing like you are owed e.g. a week per year of service, but in the paper today they are talking about being offered something ridic low like a days pay per year of service (although its a union rep saying that). I do realise the company has to have money for that to happen, but surely redundancy is first amongst all creditors except revenue commissioners and those stores they are freeing up have decent value.
                      Was wondering this myself as havent really followed it. Should obv be the minimum of 2 weeks per annum but the company seems to be pleading poverty. They seem to have seperated the Irish arm from the UK/NI parent company. Staff seem to be saying the held stock etc should cover redundancy payments & there is also the property portfoilio (assuming they still own all the inherited properties from Roches)

*this is my qucik reading of whats going on and may be way off

Comment

Here's something I didn't realise till today

Steve Baker, one of the most vociferous pro-Brexit critics of May’s deal, has previously said he was promised by Dominic Cummings and Michael Gove that the Brexiters could vote for the withdrawal agreement with the confidence the government could change it
                        So maybe classic Dom thinks he is showing the ERG that he can and will and is betting that Barnier will just swallow the 'Narrow and specific way' line

EU shouldn't even go back into talks with them unless this is taken off the table, just tell them that this is a definite indication that they are not willing to abide by the withdrawal agreement and should GTFO. It would set a very poor precedent if they continue to talk with this ion the table. Even the narrow and specific way is designed to allow them to turn NI into a base for smuggling all the shit they can't dump on the rest of the world
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

OnePlusNord is a ridic good phone for the price, as per this review. €410 shipped to your door. You have everything in it super-dooper. 128gb storage, 5g capable, ridic fast charging, always up to date Android. The star of the show though, and the reason I bought it, is the camera. The OnePlus 8 famously has one of the best cameras out there and they just took that camera and put it in the OnePlusNord despite it being half the price.
                          I'm a big OnePlus fan but I wouldn't be praising the Nord it's a good phone but nothing stellar, was thinking of upgrading as I've nearly always upgraded my OnePlus in each iteration over the years but I'm still on the 6, was contemplating the Nord as to just have a newer phone that doesn't feel as laggy, the Pixel phone looked liked a good shout but I do like the option of dual sims in the One Plus. That OnePlus 8 would be sweet

Did get an update the other day that now has the OnePlus Buds app installed on my phone even though I don't have a pair of their buds, seen a few reports that they're starting to drift into bloatware which would be a real shame to see.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Quality Street in Dunnes in Galway. If they've made it this far west, they should be in all quality Dublin stores

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Was wondering this myself as havent really followed it. Should obv be the minimum of 2 weeks per annum but the company seems to be pleading poverty. They seem to have seperated the Irish arm from the UK/NI parent company. Staff seem to be saying the held stock etc should cover redundancy payments & there is also the property portfoilio (assuming they still own all the inherited properties from Roches)

*this is my qucik reading of whats going on and may be way off
                              Four weeks per year is the minimum anyone should expect from a company that is still trading well.
                              How genuine or artificial the UK ROI split is the question here.
                              Sounds like there is no mechanism for the liquidators to extract money from the mothership, the same problem will bite with lots of other British businesses exiting here post brexshit. Liquidators have no interest in doing favours for the UK parent or anyone else, its just a rule book they have to follow.

Can't remember now but I thought the order of precedence in a liquidation was staff wages outstanding then statutory redundancy then the Revenue commissioners and finally everyone else who would include any 'bonus' redundancy payments.
                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-09-20, 13:35.

Comment

A nice Ol' Fashioned

Comment

Comment

Seems like Hectorjelly is involved somehow.

or else hj stands for something else, hmmmm what could it be....
                                    Any mention of a Boris Johnson?

Comment

ah missed the hj subtle code! I'll pop her down in the maybe list for the wife so.
                                      FAKE NEWS . If there is one person who didnt miss that .

Comment

To whom it may concern, I wish, on behalf of the LC Students of 2020, to signal our deep concern at the very flawed process... Read More

Comment

Well done Sam Bennett

Comment

That was fantastic I have a suspicion that it might turn out that green will go back to Sagan and Sam may not challenge for it next week.

Wow! very emotional in the interview, what a tough sport, so many years work gone into that moment... Fantastic

Comment

Feels like some smart person at the Atlantic (which said magazine has more money than God, thanks to its backer being a certain Mrs Jobs) has decided that the military is a great stick to beat Trump with. Smart, very smart. Puts him on the defensive where he should be strong (in theory).

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                  never fear though, the case in kids school was Junior Infants. WIN.

and teenage daughter is mostly definitely pulling a Solksjaer fakery effort. WIN

it's all WIN here this afternoon after the potential DOOM of the morning session. SWONGS.

Comment

Oh my god, it's so annoying. Just give all the kids a research assignment to do on the internet and report back in six months. They'll learn more than they would learning how to conjugate verbs in Irish and drawing oxbow lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Oh my god, it's so annoying. Just give all the kids a research assignment to do on the internet and report back in six months. They'll learn more than they would learning how to conjugate verbs in Irish and drawing oxbow lakes.
                                                      Think we can forget about the moist pubs opening in Dublin anyway.

Comment

Think we can forget about the moist pubs opening in Dublin anyway.
                                                        Didn't they give the go-ahead date today, presumably full in the knowledge of the 307 figure?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Didn't they give the go-ahead date today, presumably full in the knowledge of the 307 figure?
                                                          Yeah, it's messy messaging at best. From Rte 'The reopening will be subject to local restrictions that may arise from time to time, with indications that public health advice could impact on plans to reopen pubs in Dublin and Limerick.' Bet you a pint in Mulligans it won't be open on the 21st.

Comment

Crazy to be even talking about opening pubs.

I'm suppose that the regulations are going to be so rigidly enforced that no one will go near them anyway.

We had various reports here of many food serving pubs taking the piss in the first few weeks they were open, is that still happening under the radar?

Comment

They appear to be preparing Dublin and Limerick for a local lockdown in the last day or two as well though, and specifically seemed to brief 'depending on local lockdown conditions' in the pub thing. Think ye are heading for a boring couple of weeks up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                That was fantastic I have a suspicion that it might turn out that green will go back to Sagan and Sam may not challenge for it next week.

Wow! very emotional in the interview, what a tough sport, so many years work gone into that moment... Fantastic
                                                                It was magic. He should be in with a great shout tomorrow as well. I think most of the intermediate sprints for the next week are early in the stages and before any serious climbs so it'll be hard for Bora to whomp him like the did the other day again. I'd say if he can stay upright he's in with a great chance of winning the Green. Taking it down in the sprint on Champs-Elysées would be sweet.

Comment

We had various reports here of many food serving pubs taking the piss in the first few weeks they were open, is that still happening under the radar?
                                                                  Only been in a couple down Stoneybatter way - it was all fine. Food was compulsory, layout was OK. Was allowed stay about 3.5 hours until 11pm last orders, but seems to be people saying that's within the rules if the table distancing is 2M.
                                                                  I wouldn't be 'in' these days with any of the knock on side door, no rules inside outfits, if indeed any of them down that way are doing such.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

They appear to be preparing Dublin and Limerick for a local lockdown in the last day or two as well though, and specifically seemed to brief 'depending on local lockdown conditions' in the pub thing. Think ye are heading for a boring couple of weeks up there.
                                                                    Need to thread carefully on Dublin lockdown imo. They don't seem to take human behavior into account when ruling, i.e assuming when they opened the pubs with food that people will go for a meal and head on home, rather than loophole for pints and keep the session going at home where it can't be policed.

A dublin lockdown could cause half the city to disperse across the country to home places for the duration and be counter productive. Not sure what the alternative is there though
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Crazy to be even talking about opening pubs.

I'm suppose that the regulations are going to be so rigidly enforced that no one will go near them anyway.

I've been about plenty. Almost 100 percent seem to obey the most crucial rules - distancing, max 6 at a table, nobody at the bar or wandering out of their seat.
                                                                      V few obeying the time limit, most places you're good for a few hours.
                                                                      A very small few, 2 that I'm aware of don't require you to buy food. Both city centre bars. One in particular taking the piss a with staff not even wearing masks.

Also your way off with the thought nobody will go to them
                                                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 08-09-20, 19:29.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I presume everyone has seen all the videos at this stage but just in case, this is almost heart-breaking how much it means to him and his fear that he it was going to be snatched away from him.

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/13...771962368?s=20

He's meant to be a very nice fella. It was noticeable how uptight and/or shy he was in all the interviews for the last week and a half. I'd say he's had himself under unreal pressure to take a stage to the point that he didn't take much pleasure out of winning the Green Jersey. I'd love to him him let rip tomorrow now with the shackles off. He's one of less than a hundred in history to have won a stage at the Vuelta Espana, Giro d'Italia and TDF now, puts him up amongst our greatest athletes I guess.

Comment

Only been in a couple down Stoneybatter way - it was all fine. Food was compulsory, layout was OK. Was allowed stay about 3.5 hours until 11pm last orders, but seems to be people saying that's within the rules if the table distancing is 2M.
                                                                          I wouldn't be 'in' these days with any of the knock on side door, no rules inside outfits, if indeed any of them down that way are doing such.
                                                                          It wasn't something I was aware of until a couple of weeks ago but apparently that has always been the case, i.e. the time limit is only advisory where 2m distances are kept between groups.

Comment

Big Phil whining like a bitch in the Kilkenny People

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

It was magic. He should be in with a great shout tomorrow as well. I think most of the intermediate sprints for the next week are early in the stages and before any serious climbs so it'll be hard for Bora to whomp him like the did the other day again. I'd say if he can stay upright he's in with a great chance of winning the Green. Taking it down in the sprint on Champs-Elysées would be sweet.
                                                                              I feel like a Liverpool fan. That was a looooong wait. Delighted

Comment

Did you assault the young lady sir ? Yes but it was in a very limited and specific way officer .

OK SO

Comment

Comment

Seem ironic that a right lamp would TWEET that. (Insult from yesteryear)

Comment

...

Comment

Britannia waives the rules.

Robbed from the interwebs.
                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

My uncle died today, I'm in Spain and would like to come home for the funeral. I've been reading gov website and citizens advice which says I need to quarantine for 14 days but it doesn't say whether that's advisory or law. Does anyone know for sure if it's the law?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                            My uncle died today, I'm in Spain and would like to come home for the funeral. I've been reading gov website and citizens advice which says I need to quarantine for 14 days but it doesn't say whether that's advisory or law. Does anyone know for sure if it's the law?
                                                                                            Condolences Gorrr.
                                                                                            It's not

Comment

Comment

Sorry about your uncle Gordon.

The rule is not quarantine but that you are to restrict your movements for 14 days
                                                                                                HSE guidelines on what that means spoilered below,
                                                                                                I notice its been updated since the Phil Hogan noise to clarify that it still applies after a negative test.

SPOILER
                                                                                                Restricting your movements means avoiding contact with other people and social situations as much as possible.
                                                                                                Don't

Do not go to work.

Do not use public transport.

Do not have visitors at your home

Do not visit others, even if you usually care for them.

Do not go to the shops or pharmacy unless it's absolutely necessary - where possible, order your groceries online or have some family or friends drop them off.

Do not meet face-to-face with older people, anyone with a long-term medical condition or pregnant women

You can still go outside to exercise by yourself as long as you keep 2 metres distance from other people.

Comment

We got ourselves a run-amok algorithm.

Some interesting observations here. Predictions never going to be perfect I guess.

I attach the report on Leaving Cert standardisation. It is not bedtime reading. But it does give some insight into the algorithm (they don't call it that). Appendix G gives the technical details. It is really wonkish, I suspect deliberately so; it would be a brave soul who would challenge...
                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sorry about your uncle Gordon.

The rule is not quarantine but that you are to restrict your movements for 14 days
                                                                                                    HSE guidelines on what that means spoilered below,
                                                                                                    I notice its been updated since the Phil Hogan noise to clarify that it still applies after a negative test.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Restricting your movements means avoiding contact with other people and social situations as much as possible.
                                                                                                    Don't

Do not go to work.

Do not use public transport.

Do not have visitors at your home

Do not visit others, even if you usually care for them.

Do not go to the shops or pharmacy unless it's absolutely necessary - where possible, order your groceries online or have some family or friends drop them off.

Do not meet face-to-face with older people, anyone with a long-term medical condition or pregnant women

You can still go outside to exercise by yourself as long as you keep 2 metres distance from other people.
                                                                                                    To be fair, that doesn't answer grrr question. you say "rule" and "HSE guidence". However grrr is asking is that legally enforceable?

Condolences Grrr.
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just looking at PMQs, fuck me they are a mess
                                                                                                      If you try get a test RIGHT NOW in the UK
                                                                                                      this is the message you get

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Just looking at PMQs, fuck me they are a mess
                                                                                                        If you try get a test RIGHT NOW in the UK
                                                                                                        this is the message you get

https://self-referral.test-for-coron...k/antigen/name
                                                                                                        i did one last week and it was absolutely fine. received the day after i asked for it and got the result 3 days after sending it in

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                            Its definitely not law. It's just a recommendation so no need for you to isolate or anything if you dont want to.

Comment

We had a bloke in work return from Poland and just rocked into work. Sent home for 14 days . Gorrr I'm guessing with our numbers lately the Spanish might quarantine you on return. Bring the Karioke home with you just in case . We can have a sing song. RIP to the uncle . Always a sad sad thing to lose them if you are close .

Comment

We got ourselves a run-amok algorithm.
                                                                                                                The whole time I was reading that I was under the impression a it was written by a student.

Comment

Might have posted it before. It's such a great flow or vibe or something. Don't know the right word. Dutch rap so you know it's good before you click.

You’re on TikTok too much.

Comment

Thanks guys, not sure if I'll get back but appreciate the clarification.

Comment

...

Comment

It was actually an Australian guy that made that song big on TikTok.
                                                                                                                        The fact you have that info ready to go surely proves my point.

Somewhat related, there must be a serious boost for current chart songs that can coordinate a TikTok challenge/dance with a songs release.

The Macarena was ahead of its time.

Comment

Last couple of days for entry to FPL...

Tik Tok

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X