• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Adam Buxton is really funny, he's been on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown a few times. Always wacky funny.
      His David Bowie stuff is the most respectful fanboy stuff ever

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

When powerful singers cover a seriously good tune they can add a lot to it.

That's an amazing venue too. Only been once but it is class.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

You might enjoy Little Sims Eamon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8Q2iytzns

She has an incredible flow and the beats she uses have a pretty timeless feel.

Unfortunately I couldn't recommend her to hotspur as I'm not sure what her Dad does.
          Lovely! Will get her on in the morning. I've a soft spot for female rappers. Always been In love with digable planets. A group with both male and female just works so well.
          also:
          airport, lol

Comment

Ice hockey betting markets are weird, I wanted to have a small flutter on Canucks -1(-1.5) for tonight and there is just no market to be found!
            The only site I can see with the actual bet is William Hill but they have it priced at 10/3, yet they are actually 7/2 to just win the game in 60 mins on many sites.. just weird to not be able to bet on a team to win by 2 or more here.

Oh, and do speed vans ever work at night? I have never seen one after the sun has gone down and am curious as to why
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How the fuck does that guy own that voice?

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

I'm trying to do 3 nice things in each county in Ireland and I'm in Monaghan this Monday can someone, anyone, tell me any fucking thing to do in the county? I am really struggling with this one!
                    p.s. I don't like fishing
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

€29.16 delivered to your door from the guys I posted last week.
                      Your crowd advertise it as €32.40 on their website for ROI purchases so presume you got a good R/E by paying in STG or got a discount.

It's a bit unfair to compare the two as the guys down here have no control over Duty and VAT rates which make up a large portion of the total cost.

I'm all for a bargain but if the difference is only a Euro or two, I'd prefer to support local at a slightly higher cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

How the fuck does that guy own that voice?
                        Prairie boy is Colter. From Swift Current SK.

That beer is pish though.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          Ice hockey betting markets are weird, I wanted to have a small flutter on Canucks -1(-1.5) for tonight and there is just no market to be found!
                          The only site I can see with the actual bet is William Hill but they have it priced at 10/3, yet they are actually 7/2 to just win the game in 60 mins on many sites.. just weird to not be able to bet on a team to win by 2 or more here.

Oh, and do speed vans ever work at night? I have never seen one after the sun has gone down and am curious as to why
                          I'd imagine the odds being similar between winning by any margin, or winning by 2 or more, is because when a team is down they pull their goalie. And in a game 7 scenario, they'd be doing it earlier.
                          So its not often its only a one goal margin.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Seen as we cant go into a bar

An Oxford comma walks into a bar, where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars.
                            • A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly.
                            • A bar was walked into by the passive voice.
                            • An oxymoron walked into a bar, and the silence was deafening.
                            • Two quotation marks walk into a “bar.”
                            • A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite.
                            • Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything.
                            • A question mark walks into a bar?
                            • A non sequitur walks into a bar. In a strong wind, even turkeys can fly.
                            • Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type."
                            • A mixed metaphor walks into a bar, seeing the handwriting on the wall but hoping to nip it in the bud.
                            • A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
                            • Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They converse. They depart.
                            • A synonym strolls into a tavern.
                            • At the end of the day, a cliché walks into a bar -- fresh as a daisy, cute as a button, and sharp as a tack.
                            • A run-on sentence walks into a bar it starts flirting. With a cute little sentence fragment.
                            • Falling slowly, softly falling, the chiasmus collapses to the bar floor.
                            • A figure of speech literally walks into a bar and ends up getting figuratively hammered.
                            • An allusion walks into a bar, despite the fact that alcohol is its Achilles heel.
                            • The subjunctive would have walked into a bar, had it only known.
                            • A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned by a man with a glass eye named Ralph.
                            • The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
                            • A dyslexic walks into a bra.
                            • A verb walks into a bar, sees a beautiful noun, and suggests they conjugate. The noun declines.
                            • A simile walks into a bar, as parched as a desert.
                            • A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to forget.
                            • A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony

Comment

They park speed vans at night in sneaky places that'll get results. Like near the end of a 50/60kmh limit on the way out of a town where if you're travelling at 3am you're more likely to be getting the speed up than during the day. I have first hand experience of this.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Any good autobiograpy recommendations, probably outside Sports genre as most of those ticked off.

Comment

I'm trying to do 3 nice things in each county in Ireland and I'm in Monaghan this Monday can someone, anyone, tell me any fucking thing to do in the county? I am really struggling with this one!
                                    p.s. I don't like fishing
                                    They do top line Grade A depression...you could try some of that while there!

Also the now defunct football team did the worst hotdogs imaginable...to the point it was a running joke to recommend them to first timers like they were the greatest thing ever... Somewhere might be carrying on the tradition

Stuck for a third thing tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Any good autobiograpy recommendations, probably outside Sports genre as most of those ticked off.
                                      What are your top 3 sporting autobiographies?
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I suppose you could always report back about just how stoney and grey is the soil

Is it really as stoney and grey as they claim!?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

What are your top 3 sporting autobiographies?
                                          I'd have to think about that. Only back reading a bit now since the kids arrived 5 years ago. Currently on Cyrille Regis which early on looks promising. Most recent offerings all tend to be quite bland with very little insight tbh.

Edit - Keith Gillespie & Kerry Dixon probably relate to this forum well
                                          Last edited by Dice75; 05-09-20, 11:08.

Comment

Trotsky's was good fun. https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Life-Att...%2C1793&sr=8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Maybe to stop people breaking speed limits when they are highly likely to be tired and it's pitch black?
                                              Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's a revenue collecting exercise to park a hidden speed van overnight 25 metres from a change in speed limit, 3 miles out of town on a deserted road. Take your pick.
                                              Last edited by Lplate; 05-09-20, 11:37.

Comment

Biography but this will keep you quiet for a few months.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  More of this. Puts Trump on the back foot.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, when you're explaining, you're losing.
                                                  Really not a good look for the commander in chief to be slamming his own military. Now if only one of these generals would break cover (i.e. Mattis or Kelly) and go on the record....

I see that multiple news orgs, including Fox, have confirmed the reportage.

Comment

Is that Brendan Gleeson Trump/Comey movie out?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I thought Dice was being fiercely hyperbolic in saying he had most sports autobiographies ticked off. But then Cyrille Regis, Keith Gillespie, and Kerry Dixon!

Comment

51WZJRCTG2L._SX285_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Comment

Biography but this will keep you quiet for a few months.
                                                          ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

no thats the euro price, the advertised price get discounted as you go through the purchase funnel
                                                            A further 10% off an already very low price is hard to argue with to be fair.

Comment

?
                                                              The link = 4 books that constitute a biography of Lyndon Johnson by Robert Caro.
                                                              The Path to Power
                                                              Means of Ascent
                                                              Master of the Senate
                                                              The Passage of Power

Frequently cited as the greatest biography ever written. He started in 1974 and is still going. It's an incredible study of a man who craved power all his life and ultimately achieved supreme power - only to throw it away. Even more than that, it's the story of America in the twentieth century.

Comment

?
                                                                'this' is hyperlinked.

Comment

The link = 4 books that constitute a biography of Lyndon Johnson by Robert Caro.
                                                                  The Path to Power
                                                                  Means of Ascent
                                                                  Master of the Senate
                                                                  The Passage of Power

Frequently cited as the greatest biography ever written. He started in 1974 and is still going. It's an incredible study of a man who craved power all his life and ultimately achieved supreme power - only to throw it away. Even more than that, it's the story of America in the twentieth century.
                                                                  Cant see any link, no link showing in Rounders post either. Stupid new IPB.

Ordered CC's Trotski yoke on Amazon anyway to keep me going.

Comment

Was this your doing SP ? ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

LOL Not sure about the DUP but the fanatical gaeilgeoirs will assplode
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Really not a good look for the commander in chief to be slamming his own military. Now if only one of these generals would break cover (i.e. Mattis or Kelly) and go on the record....

I see that multiple news orgs, including Fox, have confirmed the reportage.

Comment

I horsed through Raised by Wolves last night, well, the first 3 that were released. Really enjoyed it.

Episode 4 of Lovecraft Country came early today also.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Have any of you guys been listening to Song Exploder podcast?

Had to drive to Mayo for work on Thurs so looked up a few pods the night before.

It's fantastic. 20 min eps, a different artist each time breaking down one of their songs, the writing, the idea behind it, the production, why they added that particular track or instrument etc. It's really good. Have only listened to two mind, Black Pumas and Nathaniel Rateliff. The former I'd never heard of and am currently listening to. There's tons of episodes available with some really amazing artists.

Great way to discover new stuff. Highly recommend.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Madigan!!! Kapowwww!!!

Comment

Wow, Madigan.

Comment

Nice profit taking with the Ethereum Hitch. Nasty drop today.

Comment

One good thing to come from Covid is the streaming and showing of club games. So far today I've watched 2 Kerry club games on a stream, 1 paid, 1 free, 1 Mayo championship match on a stream and 2 Tyrone semi finals on RTE. Tomorrow looks stacked and the hardest decision is what ti actually watch, theres so much choice.

Comment

Comment

‘Several boats did sink’ during Lake Travis Trump boat parade, Travis County officials say

Boats were in distress all along the parade route

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...p-boat-parade/

Comment

‘Several boats did sink’ during Lake Travis Trump boat parade, Travis County officials say

Boats were in distress all along the parade route

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...p-boat-parade/
                                                                                          Suckers and losers . I will not be visiting their cemeteries

Comment

Automatic for the people is at least seven times better than Monster.

Comment

Automatic for the people is at least seven times better than Monster.
                                                                                              Your bet sizing is way out close call imo.

Comment

Fascinating details from the US - UK working relationship: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...on-said-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Your bet sizing is way out close call imo.
                                                                                                  Monster has a handful of good songs. Not one great song. Every song on AFTP is a classic.

Would you rather listen to this:
                                                                                                  "Drive" from from R.E.M.’s best-selling 1992 album, Automatic for the People. To learn more, visit http://www.remhq.comSubscribe to R.E.M.'s YouTube channel:...

Or this:
                                                                                                  Uploaded this on HQ cuz i only found some bad quality uploaded already

Comment

Monster has a handful of good songs. Not one great song. Every song on AFTP is a classic.

"Drive" from from R.E.M.’s best-selling 1992 album, Automatic for the People. To learn more, visit http://www.remhq.comSubscribe to R.E.M.'s YouTube channel:...

Or this:
                                                                                                    My favourite REM tune is

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

My favourite REM tune is

I've never really listened to that album. Going to give it a go now, thanks CC

Comment

I've never really listened to that album. Going to give it a go now, thanks CC
                                                                                                        That's the only song on it I like. Though might be worth another go.

Comment

I'm going through it with this as a guide: https://www.theringer.com/music/2019...sary-mega-post

Comment

Don't think there's an artist I've taken more enjoyment from than R.E.M. over the decades. I guess maybe the Beatles might compete for that title, but only them. I always loved R.E.M.'s music so much, even in the face of much, much slagging from my friends back in secondary school

Think Out Of Time is a great album too, still listen to it a lot, as with AFTP and Green.

Comment

Or this:
                                                                                                              I loved what's the frequency Kenneth.
                                                                                                              Monster got a lot of unjust criticism due to them departing somewhat from their normal fare . After a few listens I loved it . Automatic shades it but I'm sticking up for poor ol Monster . A really inventive piece of work .

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That's the only song on it I like. Though might be worth another go.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Summer of 1991 played the arse out of Out Of Time, remember was painting the hall with that in the background when i got a phonecall of a job offer, been working since...
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Whilst we are REMIN.

What a tune and an AMAZINGLY clever video

Comment

Not forgetting my 2 kids bop to shiny happy people frequently

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I loved what's the frequency Kenneth.
                                                                                                                        Monster got a lot of unjust criticism due to them departing somewhat from their normal fare . After a few listens I loved it . Automatic shades it but I'm sticking up for poor ol Monster . A really inventive piece of work .
                                                                                                                        Kenneth is a good song alright.

Comment

@raoul

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X