This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)
    Long time since i did the deed so my place probably gone but by God dont hit up the place on Duke street on the corner. Pants may have split as a groomsman, nothing to do with oversized ass, didnt cost me near a monkey to replace between church and hotel, culchies with big windows and stupid wives...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Check your Stars accounts as you may have a $109 ticket in a chest for WCOOP
      Not sure if anyone did this but seems to have worked out well as threw it up on twitter too. Happened by pure accident as a certain BBVer texted me first and he turned his into a 1k ticket tonight and afew others texted me the same. Im content to play a 109 game with 500k gtd next week, gl all who looked as it was free money

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Spoke with my GP at 12.45 yesterday, less than an hour later I'd a text with a test appointment for 11.30am today. He seemed to suggest that I was borderline for testing but a Kildare address (despite my house being in Dublin) and having spent much of the past 2 weeks at the horse sales seemed to put the referral beyond doubt for him. Testing centre was very efficient, drive through system, never had to leave my car. Told i'd have results within 72hrs - text if negative, phone call if positive. I'd be pricing negative c.1.05, just had a few symptoms and figured id rather have a test and know than be positive and spread it around to those more vulnerable.
        Thought you had been very quiet recently. First and only night out there 2 weeks ago since we were out on Cheltenham Friday, not in a rush back to pubs or restaurants really as a bit restrictive for my liking

Bro-in-law bought next years Fairyhouse National winner off Rich Richie there recently, hopefully get a few bob on once a possible plot is confirmed...

Comment

FPL is officially open, thread is here two weeks to kick off.

now is the time to sign up all those smuggled indentured servants handsomely paid international gladiators that make their way to English soil
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Going to have to join a few clubs or stuff to keep sane. Do a course or something, definitely not online. Would there be weekday daytime clubs or courses? Probably not.
            Any interest in learning to play the saxophone? Haven't given lessons in er 30 years or so, but think a mature student like yourself would be less pressure than teaching a teenager. Remember getting grief from a parent of a previous student, because he was off in China playing Riverdance. Wish I'd had a Fr Jack 'I'm soooo sorry' in my repertoire.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I didn't realise that. I only know him from what was in the movie.
              Breaking news

EgdSfiGVoAIlbFO?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Go custom made with this guy... he’s based in Sligo, I think, but works out of an office on Baggot St. one day a week.

...or he did, 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                  Sure he died about 14mm ago.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Can't go wrong with Louis Copeland. It's on the more expensive side but well worth it. I got mine there and was very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Any interest in learning to play the saxophone? Haven't given lessons in er 30 years or so
                      Pro tip Hitch, Collie's 'practising in the dark' lesson is one to be skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Thought you had been very quiet recently. First and only night out there 2 weeks ago since we were out on Cheltenham Friday, not in a rush back to pubs or restaurants really as a bit restrictive for my liking

Bro-in-law bought next years Fairyhouse National winner off Rich Richie there recently, hopefully get a few bob on once a possible plot is confirmed...
                        Don't be shy with the name
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

is into a short enough fav for the last in Navan tonight. Won't be backing him today but just noting for his legion of fans.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

the 1.05 a huge drifter, looking like a 1.5 shot now.
                            Symptoms? Apparently loss of smell is the one you notice first.

Comment

Le Tour starting today . Crash already

Comment

Congratulations Ed!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  is into a short enough fav for the last in Navan tonight. Won't be backing him today but just noting for his legion of fans.

Dammit, missed out there. Probably the last race he ever wins too. Hope some of you were on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Congratulations Ed!
                                    Cheers!

Comment

Dammit, missed out there. Probably the last race he ever wins too. Hope some of you were on.

Nice drift cheers

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Just waiting for someone to tip up Bertie here.

Comment

the 1.05 a huge drifter, looking like a 1.5 shot now.
                                          Ugh! Mind yourself, if you need anything dropped by shopping or whatever let me know I'm around all the time usually doing a supermarket run and drop off between 5 and 6:30.

Nephew whose wife is sick tested clear today but the 20 month old was positive so even if its not a false negative he's likely to have it by next week.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            Le Tour starting today . Crash already
                                            Bennett left it a fraction of a second too late to grab yellow. Unlucky.

There was a great moment when the riders decided to crawl down a hill in terrible conditions but the Astana team did a solo run and of course one of them skidded across the road into a wall, when they came back to the pack you could see Rogilic giving them a proper bollocking.

Looking forward to having it on in the background while WFH next few weeks

Comment

Sounds like we have a venue for the next consolation HHE dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Sounds like we have a venue for the next consolation HHE dinner

That's what you get for ordering a pizza in a chipper.

Comment

Headache, sore throat and latterly chest feels like I am inhaling a cactus. I woke at 3am and was going to get a sheet of paper and write down the whereabouts of all I possess. Wrapped up warm, slept again and was ok this morning. By lunchtime my chest felt like i was inhaling a cactus again. I got a hot water bottle and left it on my chest for the afternoon. Smell and appetite seem fine. It's likely i just have a seasonal dose.
                                                  Hopefully the SA wine will allow you to convalesce in proper style - GL.

Comment

tyvm - I did a Tesco click and collect and gave instructions for them to just chuck it in my boot. First time doing it, great service tbh, surprised it's not more popular, particularly amongst those on daily commutes.
                                                    I use it for stocking up but they are dire at picking fruit and veg

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I use it for stocking up but they are dire at picking fruit and veg
                                                      Really hope the old fashioned 'fruit and veg' shop will make a comeback, can think of a few pubs and coffee shops that would be suitable locations. Seems to be a significant area where buying online just can't compare.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Frances Fitzgerald is emerging as a likely candidate to be one of Ireland's nominated pair of possible commissioners to European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.

Comment

This is interesting on mail-in ballots in the US. Nearly all of which won't be counted on election night.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lection-night/
                                                            If its not a clear win for Biden on Election night the stars are aligned for an an earthquake of end of US democracy scale.

Can't see how it doesn't end up being close with billions of dollars being spent targeting the 1 or 2% who will matter on election day who also happen to be stupidest people on the planet.

Comment

Pray for GAB.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-08-20, 23:38.

Comment

Cross post (of sorts) <Top of the Pops voice> And now, just released today as convincing evidence they're that the best band in the land, is a video taken from last year's Vicar St. shows in Dublin, Ireland... here's Girls Band with Shoulderblades <ends Top of the Pops voice>

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

If only i could work out what he was saying ?

Looked them up on youtube, and one of the first comments "When an impending anxiety attack becomes a musical genre" fits perfectly !
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Cutting your grass at 8am Sunday morning in suburbia is just stone-cold ignorant, right?

Comment

Cutting your grass at 8am Sunday morning in suburbia is just stone-cold ignorant, right?
                                                                          Ignorant seems a little too weak. Pretty sure you would get off at trial for manslaughter.

Comment

I've often wanted to fire up the petrol hedge cutter at 8am on a Sunday to get my own back on one particular night time noisy cnut. Collateral damage too severe though.

Comment

On that, I've a bit of timber to cut with a jigsaw out the back garden.

What is a respectable time to do it on a Sunday?

Comment

Just put on the Tim Dillion show after the lawnmower comments. Watch the first 5 minutes

Last edited by Opr; 30-08-20, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                  Cross post (of sorts) And now, just released today as convincing evidence they're that the best band in the land, is a video taken from last year's Vicar St. shows in Dublin, Ireland... here's Girls Band with Shoulderblades

They had the Live at Vicar St vinyl in Tower Records yesterday as part of Record Store Day. Thought of you as soon as I saw it.

Comment

This might get more visibility and a quicker answer in here than the other thread.

Question, two tables left last night in an MTT which had 900 runners and I am in the big blind. Player busts during this hand to mean we are down to 9 and forming the final table. I get placed in the big blind again on the final table. Is that a thing? The one big blind is massively important as I was down to 4bb with 3 5K WSOP packages up top and two cash payments for 4th, 5ht. Stacks are all in the 10bb range so one double and I am back in it but by the time the blinds pass through me again, it was a huge hit which means I have dust. It means I go from having some fold equity on my shoves to having none which is crucial. I checked the hand history this morning to double-check I didn't make a mistake and I was definitely the big blind twice in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      This might get more visibility and a quicker answer in here than the other thread.

Question, two tables left last night in an MTT which had 900 runners and I am in the big blind. Player busts during this hand to mean we are down to 9 and forming the final table. I get placed in the big blind again on the final table. Is that a thing? The one big blind is massively important as I was down to 4bb with 3 5K WSOP packages up top and two cash payments for 4th, 5ht. Stacks are all in the 10bb range so one double and I am back in it but by the time the blinds pass through me again, it was a huge hit which means I have dust. It means I go from having some fold equity on my shoves to having none which is crucial. I checked the hand history this morning to double-check I didn't make a mistake and I was definitely the big blind twice in a row.
                                                                                      Its a random redraw when the tables break and you go to 1 table. Could easily have ended up in the cut off than in the big blind. Unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Its a random redraw when the tables break and you go to 1 table. Could easily have ended up in the cut off than in the big blind. Unlucky.
                                                                                        Right, so all final tables are just formed randomly? I guess I have never paid much attention to it before because it was never so impactful or stacks aren't so shallow that it makes such a massive difference. I thought it was formed based on some rules.
                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 30-08-20, 10:11.

Comment

Right, so all final tables are just formed randomly? I guess I have never paid much attention to it before because it was never so impactful or stacks aren't so shallow that it makes such a massive difference. I thought it was formed based on some rules.
                                                                                          There are two ways you can end up on a new table, as part of a rebalance, in which case you will never be BB twice, or as a redraw, on which case everyone has an equal chance of getting the big blind.

Comment

Yes, it's different than a rebalance as HJ mentions above because you dont have another table to balance it with. The guy who was BB on the other table has the same chance as you being the BB on the redraw for FT. You just got unlucky this time.

Comment

Thanks, that is pretty sick given my stack size and I have a 1/9 chance of ending up there again. Between that and a couple of nights earlier bubbling another 5k ticket with 6 left and 5 tickets after the sb shoves 6,10 and I call AK with the same stack size so for the ticket and he rivers a 6, Got $150 for the bubble. I have run horribly in big spots when it matters over the last few days. Then losing a flip with AK against 88's in the 5k itself when the guy snapped my shove with the 88's like he has AA's Thank fuck this WSOP is nearly over. Tournaments are so fucking cruel. Few bits of run good or bad in certain spots make such a difference that they can take years to even out when you play them so infrequently.
                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 30-08-20, 12:00.

Comment

Might have missed the reaction in here. Anyone seen Tenet yet? Thoughts? Seems to be getting a mixed reaction. Think I will go see it later.

Comment

As if they didn't have enough crazies of their own Cummings is hiring Tony fucking Abbott for the British trade council ahead of the no deal negotiations, but hey we have the high moral ground

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      We obviously had a greater impact on her than we realised at the time.

Comment

...

Comment

Still knocking some craic out of the Oculus. Tetris Effect is a bloody marvel. You basically play Tetris in these really trippy 3D environments with cool music blasting out. I can't tell you how good it is for the head to stick a couple of levels of this on for an hour and blast through it with the music playing in the kind of concentrated flow state it forces. Great way to get out of your head when needed.

On the higher end of the gaming/graphics pushing this thing to its limits is this one where you are in a canoe as a metal gear solid type thing. The mechanics of being in a canoe work really well in VR and feels very immersive.

Comment

Still knocking some craic out of the Oculus. Tetris Effect is a bloody marvel. You basically play Tetris in these really trippy 3D environments with cool music blasting out. I can't tell you how good it is for the head to stick a couple of levels of this on for an hour and blast through it with the music playing in the kind of concentrated flow state it forces. Great way to get out of your head when needed.

On the higher end of the gaming/graphics pushing this thing to its limits is this one where you are in a canoe as a metal gear solid type thing. The mechanics of being in a canoe work really well in VR and feels very immersive.
                                                                                                            I got one a week or two ago. Any other recommendations for how to get the most out of it?

Comment

The vr porn is an odd market.
                                                                                                              The cleanup afterwards must be a tricky exercise avoiding wires and attempting to take off head gear one handed
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I got one a week or two ago. Any other recommendations for how to get the most out of it?
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Keane View Post

To show it off to people and knock some really good craic out of it. Richies Plank. This is some fun if you do it with a real plank with people who have never tried VR. Just be careful that they don't hurt themselves.

Two free experiences which are top tier, Mission ISS and Lone Echo (Meant Echo Arena).

The good games that I have played, which have huge repeatability are Beat Saber, Superhot, Tetris Effect, and Pistol Whip (PW is some fun). Thrill of the fight is one people seem to love but I couldn't get into it)

Best of:

Horror - Dreadhalls, Affected the Manor

Graphically jaw-dropping - 'Vader Immortal episode 1' is worth the download for the experience.

Social - Keep Talking Nobody Explodes (that can be played with someone outside VR)

Puzzle - The Room VR, Fishmans Tale

Platform type of stuff - Trover Saves the Universe and Moss

Cinema Experience - Big Screen Beta

Overall the thing I have played which is my favorite and most impressive experience has been. Lies Beneath.

I haven't really done much exploring on the social side within VR such as Rec Room etc. Bunch of other stuff I am probably missed which I can't think of at the minute and they seemed to have released a bunch of high-end games recently which I haven't got around to trying.

Reddit forum which you can search for most things related - https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/

Look into sidequest to download stuff which hasn't quite made the oculus store yet but it being developed (All free)

Alright so now you are thinking. Fucking hell that all costs a fortune. So how open are you to pirating stuff? Link. I'll PM you a link to download the APK's. I usually pirate stuff and if I end up playing it alot then I end up paying for it out of guilt. Just be aware you risk having the headset bricked if Oculus so chooses but so far that hasn't happened to anyone. I think once they choose to clamp down on it they will give a warning first so I think it is safe enough up until that point.

Edit - Mission ISS is the only thing I experienced proper VR sickness in.

Edit - Should also say that you have the option to play the really high end VR games on the quest through mirror software if you have a good enough PC and top-notch broadband but not something I have done - Link
                                                                                                                Last edited by Opr; 30-08-20, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  They had the Live at Vicar St vinyl in Tower Records yesterday as part of Record Store Day. Thought of you as soon as I saw it.
                                                                                                                  Yeah I was the second of the two shows they recorded it at. I popped in to pick it up and ended up dropping 200 euro, nearly half of it on a 5-record Sun Ra box set from his time in Egypt in 1971. Currently trying to ensure MrsHiFi doesn't get wind of this after a couple of particularly prolific sprees in recent weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    The vr porn is an odd market.
                                                                                                                    The cleanup afterwards must be a tricky exercise avoiding wires and attempting to take off head gear one handed
                                                                                                                    The quest is wireless. It is not at all hard, excuse the pun to see the appeal after you have tried it. Don't know if you missed this clip the last time it was posted.

Comment

Might have missed the reaction in here. Anyone seen Tenet yet? Thoughts? Seems to be getting a mixed reaction. Think I will go see it later.
                                                                                                                      Really enjoyed it but the sound was frustrating. Tough to hear the dialogue at various points. 8/10. Would be 9 if not for sound issues. That said it's a great concept. Fantastic editing and cinematography. Cast is very strong also.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Really enjoyed it but the sound was frustrating. Tough to hear the dialogue at various points. 8/10. Would be 9 if not for sound issues. That said it's a great concept. Fantastic editing and cinematography. Cast is very strong also.
                                                                                                                        I have seen numerous comments from people saying the same about the sound. Problem with the film or the cinemas? I might wait till I see if they can fix the issues before going to it. Good to hear a very positive review though as I am really looking forward to it.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X