Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First they came for the EU Commissioners and I did not speak out because I was not an EU Commissioner.
    Then they came for the judges and...………………..

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      First they came for the EU Commissioners and I did not speak out because I was not an EU Commissioner.
      Then they came for the judges and...………………..
      Indeed.

So, now that there is clear accountability at the top of our democracy (well we await the judiciary to confirm they operate to the same standards), now - if needed - actual enforcement measures can be implemented. Like fines for people in shops without masks for example. Or those hosting house parties. Or publicans not enforcing the regs.

All these things would be very hard to do if there was a lack of accountability at the top.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
        I know this is directed at Hitch but it reminds me of one of my best mates ex's.

She was an Ozzie living over here and she was a cunt of the highest order. I've never seen anybody so negative about Ireland ever. And it wasn't just that absolutely every single thing imaginable was better in Oz than in Ireland, it was the constant lack of effort she put in to anything, only to then moan about it.

As she was with my best mate, I genuinely went out of my way to try get on with her but eventually one night, with a few beers on me, I turned to her mid one of her rants and said, 'If everything is so fucking amazing in Australia, why don't you fuck off back there'

They broke up not too long after that and she moved to London and I think eventually back to Oz, we surprisingly didn't stay in touch.

The best bit about it was a few years after they broke up, I was down in my mates house on Christmas morning and somehow she came up in conversation. My mates mam (who is like my 2nd mother) saw my eyes roll at the mere mention of her name and asked me what I thought. I launched into how much of a cunt she was (in a gentle Christmas morning way of course) and his mam completely agreed with me, said she always hated her but didn't want to say anything at the time. The two of us spent the the next hour or so highlighting how my mate had such shite taste in women

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
            Irish people that have travelled abroad and use the phrase "That's a bit Irish" is the most tilting for me.
            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Like Dev returning from the US and deciding that Ireland should also be a free country?

The pig swimming in their own shit doesn't even smell it. Online payment tech and basic stock checking is like 20-year-old technology. I'd imagine the people of fucking Burundi visiting the country would also be appalled with the state of Irish tech.

An Post is just crap relative to other Irish delivery companies which all give realistic delivery windows. I don't know how they go home from work each day not feeling scarlet about how they are running their business.
              I strongly suggest that you never move to Spain or Malta old buddy old pal
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Whilst in Manchester many moons ago , a friend of mine was ordering some fast food. The girl in the shop mocked his accent and continuously said cant understand you. I let her off twice then ordered his food very loudly in a mock Corrie accent . My mate collapsed laughing thinking I was joking but no I was going to empty the mustard (ah the mustard forum) if she continued. She got the message all right . The food was shite.

Comment

We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

My money is on schooling\childcare

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    We should start a poll on which aspect of living in Ireland HH will complain about next.

Price of food/booze..lack of quality canned goods...hard to bate a can of marrowfat peas !!
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I'll take public transport.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                        Shut up with this laying off talk.Anyone upcoming up soon on the podcast?. If you were to ask me who to talk to regarding the poker hinterland id say Fintan Gavin. So how about it?.

Comment

Will soon be public transport with that first day in DCU must be coming up - that cross city commute is a nightmare

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-08-20, 14:56.

Comment

Comment

Comment

^^^ that would all have been one nice multiquote back in the good old days.
                                    FrenchpokerBoards probably uses the old vBulletin.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Nah, there's a bus, the 155, from outside the door straight to DCU. We were further away public-transport wise while living in Howth.
                                      Tell us that again after you've been on it a few times. Maybe it's not as bad as I expect, but I'd usually get off a bus and walk the last few km in the city centre, because it's quicker.

Comment

Had a look in Dealz, and no Quality Street or anything remotely close.

Comment

Hookers being illegal or whatever the law was changed to.

Comment

155 isn't the worst through town. Like it will still be terrible at times but it at least follows the Luas line down Dawson St, past Trinity and onto O'Connell St,. There's some of them (39,70 etc) which go a lunatic route via Dawson Street, Molesworth St, around the far side of Trinity near Pearse Station and eventually reaching O'Connell Bridge via the quays. Literally adding 20 minutes journey time for about 200 metres of as the crow flies.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Shut up with this laying off talk.Anyone upcoming up soon on the podcast?. If you were to ask me who to talk to regarding the poker hinterland id say Fintan Gavin. So how about it?.
                                              Ask him when he ran tournaments why his tables had names rather than numbers

Comment

Has anyone been to seen Tenet in Dublin? I'd like to go see it in the cinema but I don't want to catch the virus. I'm interested in how careful their precautions are.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Tell us that again after you've been on it a few times. Maybe it's not as bad as I expect, but I'd usually get off a bus and walk the last few km in the city centre, because it's quicker.
                                                  Besides all that twaddle the barber in that place I got my haircut the last time told me he has a guy in Hungary that does hair transplants. He said I had the very sort of hair that would be suited. Hes Hungarian and he has a Hungarian on deck and is ready to go, So im an affiliate now! haha

Comment

I'll take not being able to purchase alcohol after 10...

Which will of course lead to a hoarding situation followed closely by a binge of epic proportions culminating in an entertaining complaint at some ungodly hour re Hookers poor adherence to social distancing guidelines which will finally be summed up in a hungover yet amusing rumination on the derivation of the phrase "and one thing led to another"
                                                    Last edited by dinekes; 28-08-20, 15:58.

Comment

Besides all that twaddle the barber in that place I got my haircut the last time told me he has a guy in Hungary that does hair transplants. He said I had the very sort of hair that would be suited. Hes Hungarian and he has a Hungarian on deck and is ready to go, So im an affiliate now! haha
                                                      Does he do any dental work?

Comment

9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                          I'll take not being able to purchase alcohol after 10..
                                                          I don't mind that so much as not being able to buy it before 12am!

Why can you do an entire supermarket shop at 9am but not lob a few beers\wines\whatevers into your trolley? Mad

Comment

Why can you do an entire supermarket shop at 9am but not lob a few beers\wines\whatevers into your trolley? Mad
                                                            That's only on a Sunday. It's 10:30 the rest of the week.

Comment

That's only on a Sunday. It's 10:30 the rest of the week.
                                                              It's immoral to do any shopping on a Sunday.

Comment

Rarely up that early at the w/e

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1673794]9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty

If that happened in my day I would have had a dilemma 12 hours later.

ps
                                                                  Shell be grand

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                      She'll be grand
                                                                      third child,we've seen this shit before (pun intended)

Comment

Comment

Comment

I decided to give that album a whirl based on that song... the first song is a doozy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Short people got no reason
                                                                            To live
                                                                            They got little hands
                                                                            And little eyes
                                                                            And they walk around
                                                                            Tellin' great big lies
                                                                            They got little noses
                                                                            And tiny little teeth
                                                                            They wear platform shoes
                                                                            On their nasty little feet

Comment

My mate with the inside scoop on the Quality Street used to manage the Kilbarrack Tesco when the new laws came in on the time you could buy alcohol.

They had a local friendly alco who would come in every morning as soon as the shop opened and buy his booze for the day. They had to sit him down the day before the law changed to explain that the law was changing and that he'd have to wait until 10:30 on weekdays and 12 noon on Sunday.

He just shrugged his shoulders and bought a naggin on top of his usually daily supply to get him through the extra few hours!

Comment

Oh no! 50c seems like the most awkward size, as how will it get through the colon. Indeed how did it safely get to the stomach. Best of luck.
                                                                                She is back, coin is indeed in stomach and will be duly expelled.

FFS.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                    I decided to give that album a whirl based on that song... the first song is a doozy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Short people got no reason
                                                                                    To live
                                                                                    They got little hands
                                                                                    And little eyes
                                                                                    And they walk around
                                                                                    Tellin' great big lies
                                                                                    They got little noses
                                                                                    And tiny little teeth
                                                                                    They wear platform shoes
                                                                                    On their nasty little feet
                                                                                    Yeah, I originally got it for 'Short People', thanks to Ally McBeal, a show I'm only slightly embarrassed to love.

Comment

Hope people like this have more than the tweet place to correct things

Comment

Oh no! 50c seems like the most awkward size, as how will it get through the colon. Indeed how did it safely get to the stomach. Best of luck.
                                                                                        Its that long since I used coins for anything other than a supermarket trolley I was genuinely thinking of an old 50p coin sized thing !
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Glad Shrap is back, but I like to stick with my conspiracy theory that he's a frenchie special forces guy, who has to pretend he has a family /kids/wild garlic and mustard obsession, a job; and that leg injury wasn't a gunshot wound. Obviously he's been busy in the Leb the last few weeks. Give the man a break

Comment

All quiet on the podcast front for now. I'll probably do a few more in next few months with an eclectic mix of guests. Fintan Gavin may feature, who knows
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Glad Shrap is back, but I like to stick with my conspiracy theory that he's a frenchie special forces guy, who has to pretend he has a family /kids/wild garlic and mustard obsession, a job; and that leg injury wasn't a gunshot wound. Obviously he's been busy in the Leb the last few weeks. Give the man a break
                                                                                              Do you invent secret lives for any of the rest of us?

Iago for one is Definitely Up To No Good. International people smuggler imo, look at him staying one step ahead of the law moving around the major shipping lanes of the Med.

Comment

Probably in cahoots with Lao Lao now I think of it.

Comment

Great to see Winter's Bone is on nexflix. One of my absolute favourite movies. Just brilliant acting.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Does he do any dental work?
                                                                                                    Actually it was Turkey not Hungary. I told him if I was more handsome I might think about it. I asked what about dental work thinking that was a thing but im only realizing this is Hungary now as you mention. I sensed he was stopped in his tracks a bit there in hindsight.

Comment

...

Comment

Maybe the bus route is not such an issue. Spoke to them today and they were pushing the idea that it would be handy if I could just not turn up and phone it in for a few months. Ring for the password and leave it at that. That's my normal style of work in the good times, with maybe calling into wherever the job is every week or so to say hello, and now I'm so fucking bored of it, like you all, that it's rather disappointing.

Going to have to join a few clubs or stuff to keep sane. Do a course or something, definitely not online. Would there be weekday daytime clubs or courses? Probably not.
                                                                                                        Might be some daytime cookery courses like you mentioned before?
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)

Comment

...

Comment

ah yeah, there might be that. Might have to join jbravado in the bookies otherwise.
                                                                                                                Don't do it. Went into PP today to circumvent the puny online limits for political bets. Gang of maskless skangers roaring their heads off while the poor girls behind the counter looked on helplessly.

Still obv scrawled out my docket before leaving in disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                  Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)
                                                                                                                  Most people go for a church or a registry office.

Congrats Ed.

Comment

...

Comment

This is brilliant

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X