• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runcorn Runcorn, come in. Over

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Sinn Fein doesn’t want white males?
      Did Leo actually say that or is there a word left out? Or are we supposed to just infer what he actually means but won’t say.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’"

Just when you think you might throw FG a preference next time around Leo goes mini-Trump (again).
        Is he misrepresenting what Boylan said ?

It's absolute claptrap from her, meaningless Trumpian grandstanding.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Is he misrepresenting what Boylan said ?

It's absolute claptrap from her, meaningless Trumpian grandstanding.

irish leftie Twitter is having a field day with it
          fascist getting thrown around a lot

Comment

Be a bit odd for Leo to be dog whistling to the alt right, no?

Comment

I don't even know why he got involved.
              Ward made mincemeat out of her.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-08-20, 21:09.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Ward should have lambasted her for assuming his gender
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Personally I find it tiresome the idea that there is some sort of white privilege in Ireland. 99%+ of Ireland is white and the rest are primarily doctors and Google engineers. It's taking another countries issues and pretending they are also ours. If there is white privilege in Ireland then everyone has it so its a weird type of privilege.

Fully in favour of gender equality like everyone. But, and yes I do have an awkward 'but', I don't get why it has to be achieved by women criticising men for the mere fact they are male (like in this clip). It can just as easily be achieved be positive reinforcement of women rather than creating negative perceptions of men.

And the middle class thing. It's hardly a privilege. It's just the normal outcome from things going okay for you in a functioning European country. It's about 70% of people. It doesn't mean you have loads of money it just means you can have normal things. If you aren't middle class then something has gone wrong and that is government's fault or bad luck, but it's not the fault of the actual ordinary middle class folk.

So criticising people for being white in Ireland (99% near certainty), male (50:50 coin flip), and middle class (thankfully most people in a developed economy) is a bit of a stupid thing for criticising people for being. None of it is really in the control of the recipient of the criticism.
                      ​​​
                      the worst thing is that a lot of the Irish twitter noise on this issue is from people who could only be described as white and middle class themselves.

Comment

Yer one from the tweet above is Irish time’s agony aunt
                        I know most of the letters are usually made up for these columns but she takes it to new heights, usually teeing it up nicely for her to sound off.
                        thus is next level though, has to be a pisstake
                        https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...26505?mode=amp

My girlfriend and I are in our 30s and are living together. Her younger sister moved in with us at the end of last year. She was meant to stay for only a couple of months, but coronavirus has forced her to stay longer; she’s unemployed. I was delighted at first. I now had two beautiful women living with me.

But my girlfriend is a frontline worker, so over the past few months her sister and I have spent a lot of time together, alone. One night after dinner (and a bit of wine) she confessed she’s fancied me since she was 15. Long story short, we’ve been having sex for the past few months while my girlfriend is at work. Sometimes I’ll have sex with the sister at night, then have sex with my girlfriend when she gets home in the morning.
                        I’m absolutely torn with what to do. I know this can’t continue, but I love both of these women now. Whatever happens, I’d hate to tear their family apart. (It’s just the two of them and their mother.) To make matters worse, I think my girlfriend is getting suspicious. I need help. What do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You need to remember the 'yellow dog' aspect to American politics. It is insanely polarised. So as much as 40% of the electorate each way are fully locked in to their party for life and would vote for the aforementioned yellow dog ahead of the other side. It may seem strange to us but that's what it is. They don't even consider their vote as a choice.

It doesn't make them 'evil, brainwashed or stupid'. We used to do politics the same way in Ireland for decades remember, where you and your family were FF or FG for life.
                          Good post, but aren't you describing brainwashing almost exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            I don't even know why he got involved.
                            Ward made mincemeat out of her.
                            Bringing it to the wider audience, its deserves.
                            Hilarious how completely moronic the shinner bots are to be drawing attention to what a pathetic fraud Boylan is

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

This is a concept that many people in Ireland don't understand yet we pretty much had the same situation throughout the history of our country. "I'll never vote for a blueshirt" was a favourite trope of my ould wan while shaking her fist. Or the regularly trotted out "I don't care how corrupt Haughey was, he did so much good for the country". Plenty of my family will have the opposite opinion. Despite having other choices ie Labour, PDs, Greens, Democratic Left or Sinn Fein it was always either FF or FG running the show.

The clear distinction though was that we had did and do have a clear choice in a 3rd or 4th party, the USA does not. You're either Blue or Red, or in the smaller group who could go either ways depending on the political/social zeitgeist. I don't think there's been a 3rd party candidate with significant votes in decades in the US. Another point to add that Clinton 2016 and Gore 2000 won the public vote but lost out due to electoral colleges, this couldn't happen in Ireland. It's a very strange and enormous country that should be considered as made of 50 smaller countries. Many of which are very different from each other.

Some of the biggest deciders on what party you voted for are average household income and location. The poorest states are in the South while being almost exclusively Republican, whereas the wealthier states tend to be in the North East and are predominately Democrat.
                              I think in many countries it has evolved beyond this to people voting for their option they dislike the least. It's kind of an 'anybody but' mindset now. So many undecideds in the last US run were 'anybody but Hillary' not pro Trump per se. It the last Irish election there was plenty of transferring back and forth between FF and FG eliminations because of an 'anybody but the Shinners' mindset.

Harris is a love her or hate her type candidate. Not a clever pick IMHO because the level of antipathy towards her could outweigh Trump dislike in some quarters.

Government parties generally become the 'anybody but' parties, for the swingers, who only have a passing interest in politics. People are never fully satisfied so they take it out on whoever a pulling the strings at the time.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                Should be back in action now. Site was hacked, which was a right pain in the nuts. Thankfully they seem to have been of the relatively benevolent type.
                                Passwords and stuff ok ?
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

More tribalism no? Like following a football team.

Comment

I was looking at this pic today. I have piled on weight yeah but it's a recent pic and I'm thinking not bad for a 50 Yr old absolute covid Alcho. I kinda like it IMG-20200812-WA0093.jpg
                                    Attached Files
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                      I was looking at this pic today. I have piled on weight yeah but it's a recent pic and I'm thinking not bad for a 50 Yr old absolute covid Alcho. I kinda like it IMG-20200812-WA0093.jpg
                                      Hey if you can get yore arse on that tiny towel you ain't put on all that much weight .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I don't think so.

I would say this is socio-cultural.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On the topic of polarisation and the information bubbles that enable them, this is a good read by Anne Applebaum. It's focussed on the right side of the spectrum but you could I'm sure equally apply to some on the left.

Comment

Leaving Cert students who are home-schooled cannot be given calculated grades where there is an absence of credible evidence from an independent source, lawyers for the Education Minister have told the High Court.

Comment

You'd question the homeschooling skills of a parent that takes a high court action to be allowed to make up Leaving Cert results for their own kid.
                                              She's a registered teacher and an examiner for the State Examinations Commission.
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

She's a registered teacher and an examiner for the State Examinations Commission.
                                                And clearly a fucking headbanger of the highest order.

Surely still a conflict of interest when doling out the Straight As to her beloved?

Comment

Comment

And clearly a fucking headbanger of the highest order.

Surely still a conflict of interest when doling out the Straight As to her beloved?
                                                    He hardly needs straight As to get into either of the courses mentioned.

Comment

Comment

Being an 'examiner for the State Examinations Committee'. Presumably and weirdly highlighted and capitalised to emphasise how important a role it should be considered, involves sending off a piece of paper saying 'let me do this', as long as you have a teaching qualification (or are getting one sometimes) it's not like people are assessing how good someone is as a teacher before they can be a (*all bow*) STATE EXAMINER.
                                                        Anywho, I'm sure we are all funking for this to be laughed out of court (hopefully in the literal sense) with costs and a KITH awarded against yer wan.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like GifReversingBot.

Dont ever want to have to use that exit.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I think focusing on nonsense August news stories like this homeschooling one is distracting us from the truly important news of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                              Posting is still odd. If you post nothing seems to happen, but if you refresh after you post it seems to post. I'll try and look into it more later.
                                                              That’s been happening me on the iPad for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Passwords and stuff ok ?
                                                                Quoting this so it's not missed. Was any user data compromised, PMs, credentials etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

More tribalism no? Like following a football team.
                                                                  Most football teams don't have an openly racist agenda. (Note that I said most!).

Comment

Hitch, if you interested in maximising your ETH return you should look into yield farming. EbFjwkYUcAAXOnY.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Passwords and stuff ok ?
                                                                      To be honest I don't know. It'd be very wise to change your passwords that you use the same of elsewhere that you use here (which you shouldn't anyway as it's bad practice).

Comment

Anyone following what is going on at GGPoker. The site that is hosting the WSOP events. They have confiscated money (180k) from a player who re-registered on a different skin almost 3 years after he was first banned. They allowed him to play for 2 years losing. When he finally won and tried to withdraw they have confiscated the money. A number of players have come forward to say the same thing has happened to them. It seems though the site is not redistributing this money to players and instead just keep it. Seems like a nice little money-spinner. A number of players who played with the OP in this say they never received any compensation. GG has very vague rules around why they can ban players. Basically anyone they feel is bad for the ecology of the site. That could be just because you are a winner.

All seems very shady.

tl;dr Another online poker site being an online poker site.

Comment

There's been a constant undercurrent of bad stories about GG poker.

Comment

I see sciences loss just scuffed another one in after beautiful minding himself into position to open the scoring for Bayern

Comment

Braved the Covid to get an x-ray in Tallaght Hospital today. Though I've always wanted to err on the side of caution, I think we may have over egged it.

Comment

Also, Minsk looking like a city in the USA. Hope the protesters are a bit more organised.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                    Lol

With all the chapters he will have to devout himself being a right cunt, it will have to be some size book to actually get around to dishing on the blue shirts!

Comment

Anyone know where to get an running shots on target by a player in a match? (Messi in this one)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Anyone know where to get an running shots on target by a player in a match? (Messi in this one)
                                                                                        Football live scores page on Flashscore.com offers all the latest football results from more than 1000+ football leagues all around the world including EPL, LaLiga, Serie A, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League and more. Find all today's/tonight's football scores on Flashscore.com.

Click the game then stats

Comment

Ooooof.

Although any right-thinking man will surely be funking for Leipzig to win this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Football live scores page on Flashscore.com offers all the latest football results from more than 1000+ football leagues all around the world including EPL, LaLiga, Serie A, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League and more. Find all today's/tonight's football scores on Flashscore.com.

Click the game then stats
                                                                                            Doesnt give player breakdown, unless I'm stupid! (doesnt matter now anyway as bet came in, just no way of checking)

Comment

Ooooof.

Although any right-thinking man will surely be funking for Leipzig to win this thing.
                                                                                              I know a man on at 25s before Quarters, cant see myself, seem a grinding team but you never know!

Comment

Thought Thomas Müller had a great game there. I say to myself, fair play he's still go it, but sure he might not have too many years left in him the fecker. Did a quick Wiki search, bastard is younger than me (30). Some player, some career.
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Something to do tomorrow night if you're stuck at home. While I can't vouch for the theatre aspect of it I can say for sure you won't see a better band than Lankum live this year.

Support your local music fiends...

LANKUM PRESENTS - A NATIONAL DISGRACE - LIVE AT THE ABBEY AUGUST 15th

“You have disgraced yourselves again!" - W.B. Yeats

In 1926, a furious Yeats took to the stage of the Abbey theatre, in an attempt to quell the riot that had erupted during the premiere of Sean O’Casey’s The Plough and the Stars. The audience, offended by O’Casey’s themes of prostitution and use of blasphemy and profanities, objected, thus marking an evening that was publicly deemed A National Disgrace.

On Saturday 15th of August, almost a century later, LANKUM, along with a number of special guests from the contemporary world of Irish music and comedy, will take to the same stage and bring you an evening like no other. Broadcast live online to exclusive ticket holders, the group will host a very special one-off, immersive, surrealist experience.

Come with us on a night out in Dublin city. An adventure that begins with your taxi drive to Dublin’s historic Abbey Theatre. You will be welcomed inside by our specially chosen usher and directed to your seat, thus beginning your gradual descent into a warped, dreamworld of musical performance, theatre, winding passages, doorways, drones and existential uncertainty…

LANKUM will be performing two unique sets, comprising music from all three of their albums. For the first time in a live setting, they will be joined by all of the guest musicians who performed on their latest album The Livelong Day. The two sets will form continuous pieces of music devised by the band and producer John Spud Murphy, containing a number of never before performed songs alongside their more popular works, linked with completely new arrangements of drones and soundscapes, and interwoven with specifically selected audio samples from the world of Irish history and folklore.

As well as LANKUM’s performance, the evening will be interspersed with appearances from a number of artists from all corners of the country’s current cultural landscape, combining to make this one of the most memorable nights out you are likely to experience in Dublin town.

A National Disgrace will revisit the power of live productions to provoke visceral and emotional responses, and explore the possibilities presented by the unfamiliar new world of virtual performance in which we find ourselves.

The broadcast will be available to tickets holders for 24 hours following the performance, going offline at Sun 16 Aug, 9.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                    Something to do tomorrow night if you're stuck at home. While I can't vouch for the theatre aspect of it I can say for sure you won't see a better band than Lankum live this year.
                                                                                                    Bought and listened to that last Lankum album on your's and Larazare's (and despite SP's) recommendations. Good luck to them, didn't do anything for me.

Comment

Aftertiming bastard eh.
                                                                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Dont know if im a fan of YouTube stopping email notifications from my subs, first i heard of it was today wondering why i didnt get notified !
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Bought and listened to that last Lankum album on your's and Larazare's (and despite SP's) recommendations. Good luck to them, didn't do anything for me.
                                                                                                          It's a bit transgressive in trad/folk terms but then I think so were The Chieftans, Christy, Planxty etc.. in their day.

Not to everyone's taste for sure. I like to think of them as the 'black metal' of trad/folk which I'm sure will put even more people off but I think tomorrow night will be a spectacle at very least for the price of a couple of pints.

Support the transgressives I say!

Comment

The day-to-day HiFi amplifier (a vintage Swedish affair) is at the audio doctor this weekend so I'm reduced to listening to YouTube videos on the laptop with a set of reasonably decent, studio quality Sennheiser headphones.

Thoroughly enjoying Bjork in 1997 though. I saw her in Boston in 1995 on the 'Post' tour and can confirm it was extraordinary of course.

Highly recommended for those of you among us who think 25 years ago was just yesterday and music (particularly when it was live) was just better then.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 14-08-20, 22:39.

Comment

We'll be tuning in in this house.

​​I didn't realise you could stream it at your leisure, that's great news. 8.30pm didn't really suit.

​​​​​​
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Oh, I see it's 9pm, somehow thought it was 8.30.

That should be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Oh, I see it's 9pm, somehow thought it was 8.30.

That should be grand.
                                                                                                                  Yup. Streamable for 24 hours once you've bought your ticket AFAIK. Hope its worth watching twice!

Comment

I'm still on me 3km .

Comment

Yeah, incredible. Ciara Mageean bursting Sonia's 27 year old 1000m record too.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                        The day-to-day HiFi amplifier (a vintage Swedish affair) is at the audio doctor this weekend so I'm reduced to listening to YouTube videos on the laptop with a set of reasonably decent, studio quality Sennheiser headphones.

Thoroughly enjoying Bjork in 1997 though. I saw her in Boston in 1995 on the 'Post' tour and can confirm it was extraordinary of course.

Highly recommended for those of you among us who think 25 years ago was just yesterday and music (particularly when it was live) was just better then.

I'd love a night with Bjork, what a mad woman she is

if ya wanna go retro. These still seem fresh to me today. Saw them Live, what a GREAT gig. I used to love the Turin Breaks but they never took off as they should have

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 15-08-20, 08:20.

Comment

20 YEARS Later

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X