X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    Come to Alberta!

All the reasonable taxing of the states, with only some of the nutjob conservatives.

Oil and gas salaries have pumped up salaries in general here too.

Summers, all 4 and a half months of it are great.
    Winters, are ok except for late Jan and Feb which is face meltingly cold.

Canada is the nut country.
    Surely Brazil is the nut country .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Surely Brazil is the nut country .
      Brazil nuts. You may have a point.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fairly sure that was the joke
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Fairly sure that was the joke
          Who knows. Berlin walnuts also popular.

Comment

First dinner out since March and it was worth the wait. Michael's....
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Brazil nuts. You may have a point.
              I'm kinda hurt , was trying to tease out an eamonhonda groan. He loves this kind of shit

Comment

Nice question to pose...

South America : Rio or somewhere like Bariloche
                North America : San Fran or Chicago
                Europe : Northern Italy somewhere or Amsterdam
                Asia : Hoi An (adore this place) - never been outside Vietnam but HK seems cool enough as big cities go.
                Africa : Never been - will randomly suggest Mauritus or Marrakech

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I've seen his plates before and everyone exclaiming how amazing they are. But it looks a disaster. I fully realise it isn't, and it looks drop dead brill. But how would you even know where to start. What to eat at the right temperature. That plate seems to lack all sense of order!
                    Don't worry about that and just tuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Don't worry about that and just tuck in.
                      This.

That's the sharing platter so we got our own plate each and just piled on what we fancied.

Comment

South Africa isn't white
                        Kind of LOL @ this, population wise its not but it totally is in that they have managed to hold on to just about all the wealth.

I love visiting Africa, not travelling nearly as much these days now that 4G is everywhere and most of what it used to cost tens of K to get me to do I can do from sitting at home

As regards places to live there IMO Botswana would be a fantastic country to retire to and in the right circumstances I may well do so miles ahead of anywhere else I've been on the continent.

Other than that there are parts of SA that are OK but you would really want to know who you are dealing with there. From everything I've seen a large majority of white South Africans remain deeply and inherently racist with no thought of their countrymen as fellow citizens but as a resource to be exploited. Unfortunately it can often take a bit of digging to realise that about some of them.

Tanzania has lots of great places that would be livable in and not just with big money.

The Mediterranean coast of Egypt up around Alexandria would be a great place for winter weather and even as things are would probably be just as civilised as likes of Morocco and could come a really great place if and when things settle down again.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

2 year old daughter bent down earlier, did a big fart and started roaring laughing. 5 year old came out and asked what was going on. I told her and she asked her to do it again.

She did.

She farted on request three more times.

Have never seen that before.

5 year old reckons she has 'magic fart powers'

Comment

Pakistan with a fucking 17 year old fast bowler who is making the ball talk. Outrageous.

I'd say he's probably 25.
                            What age would you consider freakishly young to play top class cricket in Ireland (Leinster)?

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I really need Laz and Hitch to have less similarly colored avatars

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  I'm the one not saying Moka

Comment

Brisbane imo.
                                    Brisvegas over Melbourne? No chance.

Also New Approach and Horatio are 100% on the mark with Hoi An in Vietnam. Was my favourite place in all of SE Asia.

Comment

I'm the one not saying Moka
                                      You might as well be, the two of ye are merging into one person for me

Comment

Comment

I've changed mine to a pic of the number 1 human.

Comment

I've changed mine to a pic of the number 1 human.
                                            Adam?

Comment

Just looking at GL2Me's avatar there and scratching my head.

Don't remember that bit in Sopranos.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Adam?
                                                The best of all the not dead yet humans. Not human #1

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  You and GL2ME could do with a bit of differentiation too, I have to squint every time to see if its the lad with the hairstyle or the lad with a senior all Ireland medal

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You and GL2ME could do with a bit of differentiation too, I have to squint every time to see if its the lad with the hairstyle or the lad with a senior all Ireland medal
                                                    Fuck you anyway I can't even come up with a response to that

Comment

It actually confused me very briefly yesterday. And I'm one of them.
                                                      Today they had a quiz in work and one of the rounds was where they had pictures of peoples eyes and you had to identify the person, some of the pics were of celebs and some of colleagues.

A pic came up and the four names that came up included me and Bryan Cranston
                                                      I looked at it and though a/ where did they get that picture of me and b/ feck I look even older than I thought
                                                      80% clicked me ... the picture was of Bryan Cranston

Comment

Camp WiFi, struggling to reach 2 mbps speeds, costs a tenner a day. Phone 4g is a whopping 44 mbps. I don't know if WiFi has gotten worse, is stuck in 10 year old tech, or 4g has gotten spectacular.
                                                        Wait till you move to a civilised country. This was my first day connecting to 5g in Dublin.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like DrTurkTurkelton.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post

Wait till you move to a civilised country. This was my first day connecting to 5g in Dublin.

http://imgur.com/a/uG6FIna
                                                          RIP
                                                          You'll be dead in 5 months. Damn 5G killing everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            I see Australia wasnt dissected. Best city ?
                                                            People seem to be answering the question from a 5 continents POV. Ignoring Oceania due to lack of selection.

Brisbane imo.
                                                            LOL

I assume you are taking the piss there.
                                                            Nice for a weekend, but would not like to live there at all. I'd probably pick Adelaide over Brisbane if I wanted to do nothing.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            Brisvegas over Melbourne? No chance.
                                                            Melbourne or Sydney are the only two options.
                                                            Sydney has wages and weather and beaches.
                                                            Melbourne has sport, food and more laid back.

Comment

Comment

Somewhat comical but also horrific .

In 1904, St. Louis hosted the Olympic Games as part of the World's Fair—and produced a spectacle that incorporated all the mischief of the midway

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

RIP
                                                                  You'll be dead in 5 months. Damn 5G killing everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

What age would you consider freakishly young to play top class cricket in Ireland (Leinster)?
                                                                    probably 17/18

but that's the equivalent of non-league football compared to playing Premier League for Man City

Comment

Kind of LOL @ this, population wise its not but it totally is in that they have managed to hold on to just about all the wealth.

I love visiting Africa, not travelling nearly as much these days now that 4G is everywhere and most of what it used to cost tens of K to get me to do I can do from sitting at home

As regards places to live there IMO Botswana would be a fantastic country to retire to and in the right circumstances I may well do so miles ahead of anywhere else I've been on the continent.
                                                                      it's not called the Switzerland of Africa for no reason (having a shitload of diamonds lying around the place doesn't hurt).
                                                                      The Okavango Delta is one of the natural wonders of the world and the people are really friendly

Other than that there are parts of SA that are OK but you would really want to know who you are dealing with there. From everything I've seen a large majority of white South Africans remain deeply and inherently racist with no thought of their countrymen as fellow citizens but as a resource to be exploited. Unfortunately it can often take a bit of digging to realise that about some of them.
                                                                      This is up there with your stereotyping of America yesterday, can't wait to see who's on the hit list tomorrow.

Tanzania has lots of great places that would be livable in and not just with big money.
                                                                      was only there once, thought Dar was a hole

The Mediterranean coast of Egypt up around Alexandria would be a great place for winter weather and even as things are would probably be just as civilised as likes of Morocco and could come a really great place if and when things settle down again.
                                                                      I'll go for my own attempt at blasting an entire civilisation and will say that I don't want to live in an Islamic country, not until they emerge from their own version of the Dark Ages anyway.

Comment

The times I was in Melbourne, I found myself really confused by the weather.

Like 40 degrees on Monday, 18 degrees on Tuesday.

A place with such fundamentally dishonest climatology is not a place for a man of culture and sophistication, such as myself. Might be alright for you animals.
                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 07-08-20, 08:06.

Comment

Actually on reflection, I should have said Tasmania. What a place.

Comment

Actually on reflection, I should have said Tasmania. What a place.
                                                                            No aborigines there.

Comment

Suckerberg worth 100bn. Time to eat the rich imo.

Comment

A place with such fundamentally dishonest climatology is not a place for a man of culture and sophistication, such as myself. Might be alright for you animals.
                                                                                Hence why I picked Sydney over Melbourne.
                                                                                I thought the Semillion might have swung you over the sparkling of Tassie.

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

No aborigines there.

Comment

some very good Pinot Noirs and Rieslings coming out of there now

Comment

No aborigines there.
                                                                                    You like eggplants ? You can get them there .

Comment

That's not only racist but incorrect,

Comment

so racism can be correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          so racism can be correct?
                                                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I love the fact that pretty much everyone has ignored, or willfully chosen to avoid, Spain and specifically Valencia. Keep the prices low and affordable for us poor unemployed folk here.

got 6 bottles of rioja for €5.40 in my weekly shop this week (shop error, they are normally €18 for 6 which is very expensive obv)

went for lunch with a friend yesterday and enjoyed the menú del dia in a restaurant in the centre of Valencia. €12.90 each for starter, main and dessert...it was no toastie but we struggled through it
                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Barecelona is a place I'd love to live.

Comment

There lucky to have you mr google. Colonists settlers invaders killed every native person of Tasmania. Seriously anyone who would prefer dull as dishwater Adelaide over Brisbane must be brain damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                  I love the fact that pretty much everyone has ignored, or willfully chosen to avoid, Spain and specifically Valencia. Keep the prices low and affordable for us poor unemployed folk here.

got 6 bottles of rioja for €5.40 in my weekly shop this week (shop error, they are normally €18 for 6 which is very expensive obv)

went for lunch with a friend yesterday and enjoyed the menú del dia in a restaurant in the centre of Valencia. €12.90 each for starter, main and dessert...it was no toastie but we struggled through it
                                                                                                  yes, but..

eh...

too hot

Comment

Sadelaide is without a doubt the worst city in Australia and the nut worst city I've personally ever travelled to. I was unfortunate enough to have lived and worked there for 3 months on my WHV because the company I was working for had been contracted to a big job there and the money was good. Huge amount of junkies strung out on "ice", and feck all to actually do in the city. Here it's about 10 years ago since I was there so might not be as bad.
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                      Sadelaide is without a doubt the worst city in Australia and the nut worst city I've personally ever travelled to. I was unfortunate enough to have lived and worked there for 3 months on my WHV because the company I was working for had been contracted to a big job there and the money was good. Huge amount of junkies strung out on "ice", and feck all to actually do in the city. Here it's about 10 years ago since I was there so might not be as bad.
                                                                                                      Does have a beautiful cricket ground that you can stroll to from the city centre so there's that.

Can't recall much else about Adelaide other than it seemed very provincial and quiet.

Comment

Melbourne or Sydney are the only two options.
                                                                                                        Sydney has wages and weather and beaches.
                                                                                                        Melbourne has sport, food and more laid back.
                                                                                                        Melbourne just about shades it for me over Sydney despite the appeal of the beaches - I just thinks part of Sydney are a bit shit. You really need to be living in the Eastern Suburbs IMO. Bronte, Waverly, Clovelly, Rose Bay, etc even Coogee or go north towards Manly.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III

You got a good day, I've been there when it's sunny and 40 degrees in the morning, 18 and cloudy by afternoon and 3 degrees and pissing rain by the evening - It can be known for the full four season in one day

That said, it's still a fantastic city. Mrs Lao Lao's sister, brother-in-law and nieces/nephew live there so they are always on to us to go out to them, need to try look into that in the next year or so, post Vid obvs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                          I actually avoided Adelaide all together as it got so much bad press but about ten years ago a really good mate of moved out to Oz full time. He had to settle in Adelaide as part of the visa requirements for two years. After that, he could move on and live anywhere. He's still there and he loves it and he wouldn't be your shy wallflower type either - He reckons there is a good bar/music scene etc and likes it near the beach. He did say, it took a little while to get into a groove (but that could be said about moving anywhere new on your own) but that's it's a pretty cool, laid back city.

I still reckon I'd get him to come up to meet in in Melbourne or Sydney if I get over there in the next few years though

Comment

Brother lived in Melbourne for a year. HATED It . Plenty of aloof British types . The weather was fun though.

Comment

There lucky to have you mr google. Colonists settlers invaders killed every native person of Tasmania. Seriously anyone who would prefer dull as dishwater Adelaide over Brisbane must be brain damaged.
                                                                                                              The rolleyes was actually aimed at the phrase. As I guessed you were being intentionally racist to get a bite.
                                                                                                              Although what you claim above is incorrect too. It’s a few hundred years since colonist where about.

Comment

Does have a beautiful cricket ground that you can stroll to from the city centre so there's that.

Can't recall much else about Adelaide other than it seemed very provincial and quiet.
                                                                                                                The city is incredibly quiet and boring imo. I had a project down there last year and couldn’t get over how quiet the city was during business honours.
                                                                                                                The reason I mentioned it was because it’s close to Barossa and McLaren Vale, both stunning parts of the country.

Comment

One visit to Australia was more than enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Never been there and hopefully never will have to, there is absolutely nothing about Australia that appeals to me at all... Maybe Sidney Nolan paintings and Thomas Kenelly, he's great.

Seems to be a common thread that all these modern states where the power and wealth is unambiguously built on the proceeds of genocide and colonial exploitation despite the facade of liberal democracy remain and indeed are increasingly unattractive societies.

Comment

Never been there and hopefully never will have to, there is absolutely nothing about Australia that appeals to me at all... Maybe Sidney Nolan paintings and Thomas Kenelly, he's great.

Seems to be a common thread that all these modern states where the power and wealth is unambiguously built on the proceeds of genocide and colonial exploitation despite the facade of liberal democracy remain and indeed are increasingly unattractive societies.
                                                                                                                      so
                                                                                                                      • Britain (should probably include us in there too)
                                                                                                                      • France
                                                                                                                      • Spain
                                                                                                                      • Portugal
                                                                                                                      • Belgium
                                                                                                                      • Netherlands
                                                                                                                      • Germany(ish)
                                                                                                                      • Denmark (yes,a colonial power)
                                                                                                                      • Russia
                                                                                                                      • Japan

any to add to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        It's too far away . Do the Appollos even go there any more ?

Iceland is my next port of call. Will Ferrell is too blame.

Comment

When I heard Preston was going into lockdown, I was really hoping it was that stoner gobshite Robert Peston.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X