X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Less Tests = Less Cases ?

"Leader of the free world" is an utter gobshite. Danny Healy Rae would be embarrassed by that.
    I thought this was a post from a month ago.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So my first post on the shiny new site. It looks like the lockdown made everyone here into carpenters so here was my offering.

Comment

Hmm that's just knocked the gloss off it for me. How do I post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
            Hmm that's just knocked the gloss off it for me. How do I post a pic?
            CLhbxfcl.jpg
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I wouldn't say I have expertise really. But I'd imagine programmers will almost certainly still exist, they'll be just doing less fundamental coding and more logic connections. Every use case for code can be just so different, especially when they connect to the offline world, that we'll still need a human brain to draw together that human understanding of the real world into a coding environment.
              Same as all jobs. They will exist just in tiny numbers compared to now.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                Thanks CC, appreciate that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This New York Times U.F.O. stuff starting to get very interesting , hard to know if it’s real or some sort of distraction/disinfo

We were provided a series of unclassified slides showing that the program took t seriously enough to include it in numerous briefings. One slide says one of the program’s tasks was to “arrange for access to data/reports/materials from crash retrievals of A.A.V.’s,” or advanced aerospace vehicles.

Our sources told us that “A.A.V.” does not refer to vehicles made in any country — not Russian or Chinese — but is used to mean technology in the realm of the truly unexplained. They also assure us that their briefings are based on facts, not belief.

Comment

Now required to enter all your social media accounts to get a visa waiver for the US. Thankfully IPB isn't on the list quite yet. That's shocking stuff though.
                        What does anyone get out of having a Facebook account? Why can responsible adults who can see the damage it’s doing to society not just ditch it , it’s not like driving cars , taking flights or eating meat where giving up/reducing is a significant sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          This New York Times U.F.O. stuff starting to get very interesting , hard to know if it’s real or some sort of distraction/disinfo

We were provided a series of unclassified slides showing that the program took t seriously enough to include it in numerous briefings. One slide says one of the program’s tasks was to “arrange for access to data/reports/materials from crash retrievals of A.A.V.’s,” or advanced aerospace vehicles.

Our sources told us that “A.A.V.” does not refer to vehicles made in any country — not Russian or Chinese — but is used to mean technology in the realm of the truly unexplained. They also assure us that their briefings are based on facts, not belief.
                          Finally a real challenge emerges for the Sam Maguire

Comment

Wtf was this all about Nicky, holy shit. Was he trying to burgle your gaff?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Also, who settles into a movie at 4am ye looper
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

You made that?! Jaysus, that's very smart looking
                                    thanks Hitch. Final figure money wise was €1100 for materials and about between 70-80 hours labour.
                                    I put up a thread in the DIY forum on boards and I'll link to it rather than try to post pics here again!

Comment

Another great Docu on 1
                                      The Irish Cycling Olympic civil war in the 70s
                                      Listen to this episode from Documentary on One Podcast on Spotify. In 1972, a group of Irish protest riders gate crashed the Olympic Games road cycling race in Munich, Germany. They’d hatched a secret plan to scupper the official Irish Olympic cycling team. But events at the Games threw their own plans into chaos. Almost 50 years later a family is still trying to recapture a lost Olympic dream. (2020) Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Wtf was this all about Nicky, holy shit. Was he trying to burgle your gaff?

Was hoping not to see it posted here. Imagine Kayroo seeing the here/hear.

He was off his box, I was 50/50 if on the rob. He knew APT address so could have been looking for someone he knew having a bit of a session.

Had to cut through his laces and bottoms, he was rightly fucked, I don't think he has a hope of getting out himself. Was definitely there a good ten minutes as I'd herd a noise but didn't pay any attention until a bit later when I herd the yelps of help.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Also, who settles into a movie at 4am ye looper
                                        Ah I've always operated on poker hours. Bed around 5/6 am up 12/1 would be general routine. I'd have dinner around nine too

Is that weeds growing on his patio?
                                        I own a first floor Apt that's built on an old wharf, more or less in the river. There's a three meter unused area between the buildings and wharf edge. It gets cleared once a year but agree that does looks particularly bad.

It's a great spot, quiet cul de sac a stone throw from center of town. I bought the place over three year ago and loved it here since the day I moved in.

Photo is view from my living room.
                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                        This gallery has 2 photos.
                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 02-08-20, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                          Had to cut through his laces and bottoms, he was rightly fucked, I don't think he has a hope of getting out himself.
                                          Did he at least try take off his runner and bottoms while dangling there?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

Was hoping not to see it posted here. Imagine Kayroo seeing the here/hear.
                                            paddy-look-at-that-flock-of-cows-murphy-herd-of-13396062.png

Comment

Comment

Mrs D3 stays in that hotel round the corner when she's down in Waaaaaherford for work nicnic. Must tell her that those apartments are tricky to rob.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

150 days to the end of the Brexit transition period and no real sniff of a deal. Or even the genuine inclination to make one.

The UK is ultra-fucked. What remains to be seen is how much of the shit from their implosion sticks to us.

Comment

It probably wasn't the right time for relaxing.
                                                      Why not?
                                                      He was just going to be hanging around.

Comment

I remember that happened a guy climbing into the apartments blocks in DCU, except he impailed himself through his calf.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Did he at least try take off his runner and bottoms while dangling there?
                                                            First thing I said to him was you have to get the runner off. I'd say on a freezing night with no one about this genius was a goner before he realised that was the easy out. Can't ever see him making a career as a contortionist.

Comment

Do your Belgian contacts indicate its going to be a standard European thing of a deal at 3am on the last relevant day, or its serious this time? Because if they genuinely don't do a deal it'll be a first for Europe. They always strikes a deal at the last moment and spend every minute up to the last moment saying there will never be a deal.
                                                              I'm not sure how true any of this is - there have been plenty of occasions when they didn't do a deal with Japan, Canada, Switzerland or the USA. Ok they 'eventually' did a deal but lots of times your 3am marker passed with no deal and they came back 12/18 months later and got the deal the next time.
                                                              The difference those times was everyone had a generally acceptable 'status quo' to fall back on. This time they don't have such a fall-back position so it's uncharted territory. The UK side have chosen not to extend the status quo, have indeed put this into law.

It seems to me various 'high ups' on the London side don't understand this and think that things continue on as normal until a deal gets done. And others, people of influence, actively want no deal to happen. So it's all much different to the normal situation where everyone is at least negotiating in good faith.

Comment

Comment

Maybe i'm misremembering. Its only from media stories. But we've already seen this a few times with the UK. No deal. Absolutely no deal. I'd rather cut my nose off than deal with those fuckers. Okay we have a deal. And it seems its always the case with those real must-do-a-deal deals; which i'm not sure was the case with Japan, Canada, etc. As in nothing was being lost in those cases.
                                                                  That's fair enough, I can see the UK moving position again, and obviously painting it as a triumph alright.
                                                                  I thought you were approaching it from the 'EU always does a deal at the last minute' legend. The opposite is arguably true I think, the EU has a history of being happy to cordially agree that things haven't worked out this time but we'll all come back in a year and try again. And as you say nothing was lost in these cases, if Japan or Canada talks took a generation to complete then no real problem as there was already a kind of acceptable existing position. But if UK/EU talks break down the fallback position is what, 1972?

Comment

Anyone playing Blaseball? its a fun waste of a few minutes every so often. You don't need to know anything or have an interest in baseball https://blaseball.com/

https://bleedingcool.com/games/blase...-social-media/

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                      Anyone playing Blaseball? its a fun waste of a few minutes every so often. You don't need to know anything or have an interest in baseball https://blaseball.com/

https://bleedingcool.com/games/blase...-social-media/
                                                                      Finally got a new shed built out by my cornfield this weekend. Farmville is like a ghost town, all the neighbours have left. Nobody to brag to

Comment

What does the BBV think of peanut butter?
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Watching 12 Monkeys for the first time in a while. Has to be my favourite virus themed movie

In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                            I love the stuff, though when I'm off the bread I just end up eating it out of the jar with a spoon

Comment

Do your Belgian contacts indicate its going to be a standard European thing of a deal at 3am on the last relevant day, or its serious this time? Because if they genuinely don't do a deal it'll be a first for Europe. They always strikes a deal at the last moment and spend every minute up to the last moment saying there will never be a deal.
                                                                              So I had a beer (online) with the fella who works for the Commission and put these to him.

He did let out a hearty sigh. Mostly because everyone in Brussels is just sick of the entire Brexit bullshit.

Points being:
                                                                              1. This is not a 'standard' deal. The UK voted to leave and become a third country. All other deals have been about improving trade conditions, this is about disimproving them, specifically at the UK's own request.
                                                                              2. They don't always 'do a deal at the last minute'. People are confusing internal EU negotiations (where he agrees there generally is a last minute compromise) with external third party trade negotiations, where there most definitely is not a last minute deal. The Brexit talks fall into the latter category. He says anyone swallowing this nonsense has been reading too much of the Daily Mail.
                                                                              3. He makes the point that the Brits themselves have no idea what Brexit means, have no idea what kind of future relationship they want, don't understand the Political Declaration they themselves negotiated and apparently have no idea that the EU comprises 27 member states (he says it's a common theme that the Brits think Merkel will swoop in at the last moment and impose a deal - she both can't and won't)
                                                                              4. The Brits still apparently think they can have their cake and eat it i.e. retain all the advantages of membership while being an outside country. He says they are very much buying their own bullshit.
                                                                              5. He says he has never seen the EU so united (20+ years in Brussels). This is a strong vs weak zero-sum game. If it's no-deal, so be it - it is worth it to protect and preserve that unity and the integrity of the EU. They are all looking forward to putting the UK behind them as an irrelevance, sees them as a cautionary tale.
                                                                              6. The UK side are bumbling amateurs. Specifically referenced Johnson and Derek Davis here as 'clowns'. Interestingly thought May was a lot smarter than portrayed in the media but that she was trying to walk an impossible line between appeasing the Brexit headbangers at home versus doing the least possible damage to the EU economy.
                                                                              7. He thought that services don't get anywhere near the attention they deserve in the Brexit context. Thinks the City of London will be 'gone' in a no-deal scenario and that data laws are the real elephant in the room that will sink the UK services sector.

There you go now.

He had a can of Jupiler, I had a bottle of Helles.

Comment

Am on my 3rd 1kg Tin of this stuff https://propernutty.co.uk/proper-products/ in 12 weeks. Is ridiculously good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That's fair enough, I can see the UK moving position again, and obviously painting it as a triumph alright.
                                                                                  I thought you were approaching it from the 'EU always does a deal at the last minute' legend. The opposite is arguably true I think, the EU has a history of being happy to cordially agree that things haven't worked out this time but we'll all come back in a year and try again. And as you say nothing was lost in these cases, if Japan or Canada talks took a generation to complete then no real problem as there was already a kind of acceptable existing position. But if UK/EU talks break down the fallback position is what, 1972?
                                                                                  I'm not sure that 1972 is applicable.

The EU (it was the good old EEC) didn't even exist then; it was purely an economic bloc and not even a very well integrated one. Freedom of movement for people, freedom to trade goods\services and free movement of capital were all still quite constrained. The Euro didn't even exist as an idea.
                                                                                  Also, the modern, highly integrated economy that we would recognise today did not exist.

Nothing like this has ever been attempted in modern history. It's the equivalent of Texas voting to leave the US and trying to disentangle all the complex integration built up over decades.

Comment

Not a fan. Dont get it. Same with cheese cake . Then my taste buds are dodgy . Not a fan of cakes etc dont drink k tea or coffee . Peanut butter just taste bland to me . Need a bit o guinness in it . I used to eat fish fingers from the freezer as a kid. I survived .

Comment

hume-13511-portrait-medium.jpg
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I buy it in 1kg tubs and make a great peanut butter stew

Q0o5LTWl.jpg

Comment

With covid cases now doubling every six weeks, a strict interpretation of that would see everyone in the world infected by this time next year.

About time zuut started growing things in petri dishes and selling them as a curer on the black market imo.

Comment

I was in X music today discussing Mandolins with a sales guy. Now I'm getting ads for it . Google sure is listening. I'm now waiting on some sex nymph to turn up at my door .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              With covid cases now doubling every six weeks, a strict interpretation of that would see everyone in the world infected by this time next year.

About time zuut started growing things in petri dishes and selling them as a curer on the black market imo.
                                                                                              Peanut butter apparently eases symptoms according to a google message I've just received.

Comment

also people should use tahini more. I've been tasting them from different countries, even different brands in the same country taste quite different. Good shit.
                                                                                                Don't buy it in Tesco, go to an asian store.
                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-08-20, 20:55.

Comment

...

Comment

This reminded me of a previous BBV business plan

MBFBlPJ.jpg

Comment

...

Comment

Interesting insight Raoul. Although he notably didn't commit to whether there would be a deal or wouldn't be. I suspect that means there will be a dirty little deal that pleases no-one at the end but gets the Brits out of jail through being allowed to offer financial services from the finance bandit country that the City of London is. Whether London can still do that is the only real marker of whether the deal is good or not. I think it's absolute madness that the EU is thinking of letting them do it tbh. Gives the Brits far too much power to compete in Europe without really offering much back.
                                                                                                        Oh, sorry that bit obviously wasn't clear.

He does not think there will be a deal by 31-December.
                                                                                                        If nothing else, there is insufficient time to negotiate a deal of that complexity. The Canada one took ten years and that of course was far less complex.

He also helpfully reminded me that the Brits have also ruled out the possibility of an extension, via legislation.
                                                                                                        Not like there's other stuff going ion the world that would provide great cover for such an extension...

Comment

If I was Frankfurt or Paris in finance, or Barcelona or Berlin in tech, I'd be shoving a few million into the most corruptible Eastern European country to persuade them to veto any deal. As the bigger countries can't be seen to be that grubby in their voting. Ireland goes to the moon over the next few decades if the Brits get blocked out of services.
                                                                                                          The Brits are doing a sterling (ha, ha) job on their own in this regard. There is no deal, not even the bare outline of one, to veto.

This will of course have very far-reaching consequences for us Mexicans south of the border. Covid has made all that seem far away and illusory but it's fast approaching reality now.

Comment

He also helpfully reminded me that the Brits have also ruled out the possibility of an extension, via legislation.:
                                                                                                            They will change the law to allow an extension. Euro intransigence blah blah covid emergency blah blah

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is Penny, we picked her up on the street around two years ago. She was under the wheel of a car that was stopped in traffic. We think travellers had her, she was about five weeks old with her tail already docked, she had lice and some medical issues. We ended up keeping her, we have a golden retriever whose a similar age.
                                                                                                              Anyways have the new house well set up with a trampoline and swings and goalposts for the kids in the garden. Got a nice bbq and a nice table and chairs for the back garden too.
                                                                                                              Every kid that visits wants to come back and it's got nothing to do with swings or trampolines, it's all to do with our little circus dog chasing bubbles.
                                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

We were lucky to have him . RIP

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I love the stuff, though when I'm off the bread I just end up eating it out of the jar with a spoon
                                                                                                                  Yeah, that's a guilty pleasure of mine too. I feel like it's the grown up version of nutella from the jar.

Comment

Comment

What's the best place in terms of reliability/price for sourcing laptop components online? Specifically I need a screen cable for my laptop (toshiba satellite p50-c) as the old one seems knackered once I open the screen at a certain angle.

Comment

Went into my office today for the first time since 10-March.

Lovely and quiet. No kids, no dog.

Although actively verging on zombie apocalypse land...

Comment

Went into my office today for the first time since 10-March.

Lovely and quiet. No kids, no dog.

Although actively verging on zombie apocalypse land...
                                                                                                                          It's funny the way the peace and quiet feels so great for a while but you are not used to it now so I'd guess you'll be uncomfortable with it in a while.
                                                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X