Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meadow and AJ were on 'Your Moms House' last week. Their bit starts an hour in. He hasn't bothered his stoners ass watching it, and she thought it was a going to be a musical when she auditioned for it.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Found a mint copy of the DVD boxset In the window of my local NCBI shop a couple of weeks ago for 30 euro and snapped it up. Wife's never seen it so can't wait to get stuck in again and do the Michael Imperioli podcast as well.
      I remember waiting for the first season boxset to get below €100 before I'd buy it. Think it was €124.99 at the time. Felt like a bargain hunter snaffling it up at €94.99

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I'm slowly going through it again after Lazare mentioned 'Talking Sopranos'. Taking me 3 hours for each episode though, one for the podcast, one for the first version that I have on dvd,and another for the second and I assume current on dvd (and probably what HBO currently stream) with the shittier soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDU...K5a2rhKqE1HcEw
        Thanks for that, I'm going to do this too. I have fond memories of getting 4 hours sleep before work when it was on first.

Comment

I'm slowly going through it again after Lazare mentioned 'Talking Sopranos'. Taking me 3 hours for each episode though, one for the podcast, one for the first version that I have on dvd,and another for the second and I assume current on dvd (and probably what HBO currently stream) with the shittier soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDU...K5a2rhKqE1HcEw
          What's the point of watching the version with the shit music?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

The original dvd is in 4:3 perspective, the later one is in widescreen. I did mean to make notes on what music has been replaced, though it seems I'm the only person on this planet bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

It's not shit, just shittier. Just bothers me in the same vein as colourisation of b&w movies. It's probably up there with the 'corrected' versions of Ulysses for people who have read the original .

Comment

EeQyWQBXYAEZFco?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Going out for dinner with Mrs D3 for the first time in 5 months. She is complaining that I am wearing shorts.

Surely acceptable dining attire in mid-summer. Smart ones and a linen shirt up top.

What's the etiquette here O Style Gurus of the bbv?
                  Bumped into Lazare earlier at shops, took me a minute to cop it was him due to masks. Anyway moral or story is we were chatting outside in a hail storm. He was wearing storts, I was wearing shorts. Shorts are in

Comment

Snooker presenter there on Aunty Beeb is HAWT . My inner Trump is on high alert

Comment

Always had RDIII down as a dinner shorts wearer

shame on you all for bringing up sopranos and not posting this

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Got to make time to re watch that from the start, stumbled across a random episode recently and it really stands the test of time.
                        I started back on it recently. Great decision. It really does stand the test. Listening to the pod alongside it adds a lot of extra value.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wow Noel, that's brilliant. Real delving into it shit.

What's that about the different soundtracks? Never heard that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bumped into Lazare earlier at shops, took me a minute to cop it was him due to masks. Anyway moral or story is we were chatting outside in a hail storm. He was wearing storts, I was wearing shorts. Shorts are in
                            You forgot to mention we met each other in the booze aisle.

​​​​​​Great to see you dude.

Comment

Attached Files
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Some terrifying data from the greatest country ever: "Food insecurity for U.S. households last week reached its highest reported level since the Census Bureau started tracking the data in May, with almost 30 million Americans reporting that they’d not had enough to eat at some point in the seven days through July 21." https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...h%20July%2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

What's that about the different soundtracks? Never heard that before.
                                    Just that some of the music has been replaced with other music, Find it difficult to analyze anything about the show really, as I just enjoy it so much.

Despite watching the first season many, many times I'd never noticed that the pork store was called Centanni's Meat Market in the first episode, before it became Satriale's. Imperioli is so full of info like that.

Comment

This is MAD . Break up the words even and think them . No need to read our Brains eh .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Already a pain in the Gleneagles toasted sambo plus soup not good for two drinkers as its not 9 each.
                                        It was 12+6
                                        Should have tried ordering for a half toastie and half soup for both of you.

(Is a genuine lunch special in a few pub around Dublin, or it was at least)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Oh this duck from earlier. That beautiful rendered down fat. Then roasted in rock salt (see the little beads of salt on the skin). Middle still beautifully pink. Sauce made with the rendered down fat. Glorious. Such a risky dish to order as I'd say a decent 9 out of 10 chefs fall to pieces when asked to cook duck properly.

The pic, as chance would have it, also captures the shorts I was dining out in. I suspect if both a banker and a professor are dining out in shorts then it is most definitely the height of fashion

yYt2hGxl.jpg
                                          Looks good, but we have very different ideas of "pink in the middle". Outside my be stained from sauce in the photo.
                                          I do love me some Duck. Def in my top 3 meat list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Anyone working in the hotel industry? Hearing horror stories of very worried hoteliers with no bookings post September and no sign of any Weddings/Conferences/Business incoming in the near future it all could be very bleak.
                                            Baring coastal towns 30-40% occupancy seems to be the norm now. With those kind of numbers in July / August no one has a sustainable business in the off season.

Nothing happening on the booking front and volume customers not expecting to have anything in 2021. Very grim times ahead in leisure accross the board based on that.

Comment

€12 for a toastie...the world has gone mad.
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                  Freerange organic sourdough vegan-friendly, black lives matter, heritage bread with extra self-satisfaction and beard oil obv.

Actually about to pop to local farmers market, the above BS sounds like something you would buy there for real.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

People in front of me at the camping site queue were wearing these wide open visor style masks that could only possibly stop corona if the virus was the literal size of a football. A race against time to guess what part of England they must obviously be from without having heard them speak before the camping reception chucked them out and told them to cop the fuck on. The thing was, I think they were actually trying to be safe rather than smart-asses. It's a sad day for a nation when someone doing something stupid has you automatically assuming they must be from that nation.
                                                    So you've written off the Poles and the English, what nation are you going to have a go at next? Do the Belgians, they're mad for a bit of covid.
                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 01-08-20, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                      Hotel prices... Does Come with chips.
                                                      But not a pint
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

People in front of me at the camping site queue were wearing these wide open visor style masks that could only possibly stop corona if the virus was the literal size of a football. A race against time to guess what part of England they must obviously be from without having heard them speak before the camping reception chucked them out and told them to cop the fuck on. The thing was, I think they were actually trying to be safe rather than smart-asses. It's a sad day for a nation when someone doing something stupid has you automatically assuming they must be from that nation.
                                                          Masks/visors are about stopping spread, not personal protection. I think they do the job.
                                                          Visors are a pretty good alternative imo. Cannot get father in law to keep mask on but visor works as it's so unobtrusive.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Comment

Didn't realise Irish hospitals were still not doing routine stuff. Got a letter yesterday inviting me to come in for an x-ray of my stones when 'Covid-19 restrictions are lifted'. This is 2 and a half years after they last had a look.

Comment

Some very interesting chat between a company and the hackers who got to encrypt their files in this thread. Sounds like Garmin paid up last week too.

some of the exchanges are amazing
                                                                  EeQoutIXgAIvoXg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-08-20, 11:28.

Comment

Comment

Set up the tent in the back garden for youngest plus her cousin to 'camp' tonight.

Can tell I, and possibly entire neighbourhood, are going to regret this.

Comment

Set up the tent in the back garden for youngest plus her cousin to 'camp' tonight.

Can tell I, and possibly entire neighbourhood, are going to regret this.
                                                                        A great way to find out feral cats and foxes take over the place at night!

Comment

Comment

Still haven't figured out what creature(s) stealing my next door neighbours milk delivery, and leaving it in my garden. Suspect the seagulls though that's mostly down to my prejudice against them

Comment

...

Comment

Is commerciability even a word? Fuck off to China if you love it so much

Comment

Is commerciability even a word? Fuck off to China if you love it so much
                                                                                  Commerciality I think he means.

Feels like a word a finance professor should know.

Comment

Ah I'm confused with HH posting the tripe he usually puts on twitter here.

Comment

...

Comment

Although am slightly debating how healthy twitter is full stop.
                                                                                        I'm convinced it's a cesspool that almost everybody comes over worse than they really are. Like I now think your buddy Lucey is a cunt.

I understand people selling something using it, just don't think it's a useful forum for discussion. Kayroo's tweets are always excellent, but as in real life he's the exception to the norm.

Comment

Ha. Glad you noticed. For a rather complicated work reason I can't post on twitter until Oct 1st. Although am slightly debating how healthy twitter is full stop.
                                                                                          It's not healthy at all really and you get into way too many tit for tats with morons.

Comment

€1250 gain in last week or so on the €3000 schrounged together for ethereum over the course of lockdown due to reduced living expenses. I presume it'll be all gone next week, but still.
                                                                                            The second someone resurrects the Crypto thread here, Sell like a MoFo.

Comment

Comment

Commerciality I think he means.

With the right font size 'commerciability' is 14mm longer than 'commerciality'

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

And maybe it's good practice to have experience of debating ideas. Keeps you on your tippy toes.
                                                                                                        Yeah but twitter isn't where that happens. Did you even go to the Phil Soc debates when you were at Trinners? Only one I vaguely remember was when they wanted to induct either Flippy the dolphin, or Skippy the bush Kangaroo, as a member. Though the debates were always better than the twitterbox version.

Comment

Lol my weirdest memory of Trinity is stopping off there mid cross city pub crawl to fill up the liquid nitrogen on an experiment my drinking buddy was running, and it needed topping up every 8 hours or so.

Comment

Runners or fans of inspirational Irish lads

Shane Healy

Listen to this episode from Documentary on One Podcast on Spotify. Shane Healy has gone the distance in life. After spending years in an orphanage as a child, he travelled widely before hitch-hiking around the US, where he discovered he was a naturally talented athlete. It took more than that to get him to the 1996 Olympics where he ran for Ireland. Now after years away from the sport, Shane is back. (2020) Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

Comment

...

Comment

No Twitter, no Trump.

Comment

Hitch - with your expertise in AI. Do you think in 30 years time there will be human programmers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                    Hitch - with your expertise in AI. Do you think in 30 years time there will be human programmers?
                                                                                                                    100% No.

Comment

Just to say that is a million miles away from where it needs to be to replace humans in any capacity but if that is where we are now then talking about 30 years in the future it is a given.

Comment

Yeah but twitter isn't where that happens. Did you even go to the Phil Soc debates when you were at Trinners? Only one I vaguely remember was when they wanted to induct either Flippy the dolphin, or Skippy the bush Kangaroo, as a member. Though the debates were always better than the twitterbox version.
                                                                                                                        Skippy. Not even a contest.

Comment

Less Tests = Less Cases ?

"Leader of the free world" is an utter gobshite. Danny Healy Rae would be embarrassed by that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X