This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

I guess that will ease the Liverpool pain for you somewhat. Enjoy.
    No pain. 100/1 shots arent meant to click. It made them more bearable for a season and the bet is still live so all good. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Danny TylerD spotted me today. I didn't spot him.

I'm calling it the 'reverso hotspur'.
      [ ] Stayed frosty

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My 5 year old would love them. I'd spend ten grand on a punnet and she'd eat 6 of them and fuck three or four under the couch.

Value
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Went to Skibbereen farmers market this morning to buy some provisions for lunch with friends in Laois on the way home.

Very first person we saw was Ian Bailey. I've no real opinion on his guilt or innocence in that case (and he is of course legally innocent) but he is one strange-looking individual. He was attempting to chat up all the other stallholders, who mostly looked uncomfortable with this. My daughter (13) had no idea who he was but walked away quite fast when she saw him. Definitely some bad vibes emanating off that dude.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thinking of our little one we lost a lot over the past couple of days. Spent some time looking at the mortuary in The Coombe yesterday, thinking back, hoping nobody was in there.
                There's a special purple logo that they stick to all of your stuff, hall passes, med records etc that helps inform security staff etc to be kinder to you. Was staring at that logo yesterday, for ages.

Thinking that my two year old, and this new beautiful baby wouldn't exist if it wasn't for what happened.

Rainbow babies they're called.

Anyway, this song captures it for me...

'pebble on a beach of a distant star, picked up by a little hand'

http://www.youtube.com/v=x3L3y...AcvRQA9tTqTZp

https://youtu.be/x3L3ySwV8Fw
                Last edited by Lazare; 18-07-20, 21:01.

Comment

Bah, how do you embed YouTube vids, could someone fix?

Comment

Bah, how do you embed YouTube vids, could someone fix?
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Went to Skibbereen farmers market this morning to buy some provisions for lunch with friends in Laois on the way home.

Very first person we saw was Ian Bailey. I've no real opinion on his guilt or innocence in that case (and he is of course legally innocent) but he is one strange-looking individual. He was attempting to chat up all the other stallholders, who mostly looked uncomfortable with this. My daughter (13) had no idea who he was but walked away quite fast when she saw him. Definitely some bad vibes emanating off that dude.
                      Guilty as sin that fella.

Comment

Lazare

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Lazare
                          Thank you

Comment

Another beautiful lady in my life, 6lb 14, am in love.

Mama and bombolito flying it

Restrictions lifted just two days ago too, so I can visit every day.

This day is one of the good ones.
                            Cheers Lazare, delighted for you, good health, long life and much happiness to you all.
                            I suppose I'm nearly an uncle now, so ?!!
                            and say hello to granda Tom !!!

Comment

Today I had the brother on my mind for a few different of reasons that converged on today but mostly because he was a huge Leeds fan , Jackie Charlton was his hero as a kid, and I'd have been bombarded by various Super Leeds messages if he was still around.
                              This evening just after his grand children left my home after being over visiting I sat down to look at a race on the curragh when I noticed that a lad he used to follow as a Jockey had brought a horse over from the UK to run so obv I lumped on a sentimental punt and obv
                              SPOILER
                              It finished last

Comment

Just now saw your post about the rainbow baby Laz, so sad. Hopefully this new little one helps to ease the pain - never forget of course, just ease the pain a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Today I had the brother on my mind for a few different of reasons that converged on today but mostly because he was a huge Leeds fan , Jackie Charlton was his hero as a kid, and I'd have been bombarded by various Super Leeds messages if he was still around.
                                  This evening just after his grand children left my home after being over visiting I sat down to look at a race on the curragh when I noticed that a lad he used to follow as a Jockey had brought a horse over from the UK to run so obv I lumped on a sentimental punt and obv
                                  SPOILER
                                  It finished last
                                  That's real nice. Sounds like you'd both have gotten a good laugh out of that.

I saw a lovely tweet today, a woman saying how her Dad had just died that morning. A water bailif found him at the side of a river, in his fishing chair with his rod cast. Thought it was really beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                    Just now saw your post about the rainbow baby Laz, so sad. Hopefully this new little one helps to ease the pain - never forget of course, just ease the pain a little.
                                    Thanks so much ​​​​​​

Ah, we're in a good place

Comment

Laz has me all mushy tonight.

My song for my kiddies .

Had the hots for her after the commitments, then when she sang this in early OV1. I thought it was romantic back then now it makes me think of the childer. Played it to the 1st one when he was ill at the start . Many nights walking the floors . Now hes rudely healthy.

Comment

Went down a Mary Greene rabbit hole, this is class
                                        Last edited by Lazare; 19-07-20, 00:34.

Comment

This weeks music journal: https://medium.com/@daraghthomas/we-...a870709f017062

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

That's cool HJ. Like these. Maybe I missed one of the weeks, but is there any snippets of the music itself, or is that something you are building up to in the final Medium?
                                              No snippets of the actual music yet, but there will be soon! I did drop a track about Elon Musk a few weeks ago though...https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...m-going-faster

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                Ah Dilla snares! Dreamy is the one that always gets me
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Ah Dilla snares! Dreamy is the one that always gets me
                                                  Great track! That would have worked too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRzd0xgSQk

Comment

Th Windies are playing admirably for a draw here. Play up play up, play the game.

Comment

Kid did two things that have me pretty blown away today.
                                                      1/
                                                      I was brushing her hair and she asks, daddy are we really small?
                                                      No says I, you are getting bigger everyday.
                                                      But Daddy, my LOLs are really small and they are my toys.
                                                      Yeah?
                                                      Well are we just toys of something really big like Big Boots (a giant from a story I tell her)
                                                      ​​​?

Fucking four.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

2/
                                                        Then brushing her teeth I put my toothpaste on her toothbrush she got annoyed and said no use my one.

Its for Princesses, its for royalty.... It's for Royal Teeth.
                                                        And then proceeding to bust her shite laughing at herself for ages.

Its a really good pun and I literally never copped it until she said it
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Th Windies are playing admirably for a draw here. Play up play up, play the game.
                                                          Good chance of a result tomorrow now, hopefully the weather plays ball and it all comes down the final hour.

Comment

Comment

Long before the benchmark reference work on kilings during the Troubles, Lost Lives, there was this extraordinary piece of work by a Lancashire bus driver with no research qualifications. Had never heard of it until today.

I was very surprised to learn an original copy of Lost Lives now sells for between e500 and e1000 as it's been out of print for over a decade and the original authors are unlikely to update it.

I have to say it's pretty ghoulish that the book is changing hands for that amount now, I'd have thought around the e100-150 would be more realistic.

Last time I checked my copy, probably a decade ago or more, I totted up 13 people I knew who were killed (either personally or knew a family member) - neighbours, family friends, a teacher, from all sides of the 'divide'.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-07-20, 18:45.

Comment

Good chance of a result tomorrow now, hopefully the weather plays ball and it all comes down the final hour.
                                                                Nicely set up. If Windies do well in the early exchanges England will find it hard to find a Time / Score tradeoff the Windies couldn't attack making the current 30/1 about them winning could look huge at some stage in the afternoon.

Comment

Ouch, 37 $5k ME tickets up top. All in pre with AA v 99 for a top 20 chip stack. 99 Rivers the straight. Almost got sick in my mouth.

Comment

Nicely set up. If Windies do well in the early exchanges England will find it hard to find a Time / Score tradeoff the Windies couldn't attack making the current 30/1 about them winning could look huge at some stage in the afternoon.
                                                                    Fifth day pitch, historically anything over 220 is a huge target. Should be a fun listen anyway - pimping Guerilla Cricket as a great alternative to traditional sources.

Comment

Comment

Wow love that Sutton Guardian article HiFi.
                                                                        the CAIN database (based on his work) is worth some time

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Ouch, 37 $5k ME tickets up top. All in pre with AA v 99 for a top 20 chip stack. 99 Rivers the straight. Almost got sick in my mouth.
                                                                          Puke . I do not miss that shit

Comment

Things I've learnt about BennyHiFi this weekend: 1) His life is so awesome that one of his great life regrets is not saying hello to a musician; 2) He was a dangerous guy to know during the troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

ah, you do miss inflicting it though

I do remember laying a similar beat down on someone in a big donkament back in the day. All the chips went in on the flop and when we flipped them over I was so far behind that I stood up and put on the coat. Some ludicrous inside straight runner-runner runout then ensued and lo and behold, the coat is off and a mountain of chips is being pushed my way. I then made the mistake of saying 'sorry' to the victim of this crime. Cue fireworks. "DON'T FUCKING APOLOGISE!!!!" followed by him slowly heading for the door emitting a stream of invective against fate that only got louder with each outburst.

Ah, the good auld days.

Comment

Penny dreadful:City Of Angles....wow, that dance scene!!
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I had forgotten how utterly soul-destroying the game is at times. I have had really key flips at major points in tournaments go against me over the last week about 10 times when most of them were 70/30 or better. I know you have won a load just to get to that point but man they hurt so much more when they are all going against you deep in tourneys. Silly but considering the time I spent playing it has all been a bit of a dream to play the ME. I thought all those bad beats were saving up for today's run. Poker gods don't care about your dreams.

He was 10% with the river to come

Comment

Funding is being pulled for CAIN I think. Its content will be left accessible, but no further updates or revisions
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Congrats to you and the family Laz. That is lovely news. How are mum and baby doing?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Things I've learnt about BennyHiFi this weekend: 1) His life is so awesome that one of his great life regrets is not saying hello to a musician; 2) He was a dangerous guy to know during the troubles.
                                                                                        Benny is one of those 'I'd love to go for a pint with him' type of guys.

They're the best guys.

Comment

Another beautiful lady in my life, 6lb 14, am in love.

Mama and bombolito flying it

Restrictions lifted just two days ago too, so I can visit every day.

This day is one of the good ones.
                                                                                          Congrats Conor. Great news ❤️
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Congrats to you and the family Laz. That is lovely news. How are mum and baby doing?
                                                                                            Doing good Gil, thank you very much.

They're doing really well, hopefully home tomorrow. A good bit of recovery needed for my wife physically, thankfully she has a good bit of support with it.

Comment

Kanye making The Donald look sane

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...
                                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-07-20, 08:43.

Comment

Nothing really asking the right questions here, but I've bought two blazers in the past and both turned out to be fairly bad fitting, so I'm obviously not a great judge of a good blazer. So any advice that can reduce that happening again would be great.
                                                                                                  Maybe go to an actual tailor an get measured and fitted?
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

I feel thats incredibly expensive?!
                                                                                                      less expensive than buying two blazers that don't fit

Comment

...

Comment

Looks like England got the number just right, 85 overs to stonewall a draw.

Would rather 33/1 the Windies win than 5/4 the draw but its England's to give away.

Comment

And its over bar the lack of shouting before 1

Comment

Fifth day pitch, historically anything over 220 is a huge target. Should be a fun listen anyway - pimping Guerilla Cricket as a great alternative to traditional sources.
                                                                                                              IT'S HAPPENING......

Comment

Just catching up on the last few days here. Congrats Lazare on #3. Is that 3 girls now or was the middle kid a boy?

I spent most of Saturday and half of Sunday with the 8 month old lad, while the almost 3 year old lad was away with his mother. Would have been grand apart from the fact that I was putting up a trampoline any time the baby was asleep, as he can't be left alone at all now. He can pull himself up on furniture, toys, anything really, but he hasn't figured out that he has no balance yet so invariably falls over every time, often in areas he shouldn't be falling over in so needs constant attention because as soon as he is left down he bolts straight for the nearest leg/couch/toy. 3yo loved the trampoline when he got home anyway, so that's good. Hopefully it'll give him somewhere to use his boundless energy.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-07-20, 14:33. Reason: On re-reading, one single sentence had three sub-clauses in brackets. Shocking stuff.

Comment

Well after endless blazer testing (a small bit painful with a chest that was recently chopped down the middle) the supremely helpful and worryingly underemployed guy in Galerie Lafayette (an equivalent of Arnotts for those unfamiliar) persuaded me that the best fitting blazer was the one that cost €44 (heavily discounted to get to that price, but still). They clearly don't work on commission as my opening gambit was that I could spend about €200-300. It looks very very good in fairness.

I think because sales can only legally happen twice a year in France, even the sales staff get caught up in the bargain hunting excitement. But the sales this year are ridiculous. Just about every shop is half price on everything. No messing around. I'd say if you made an offer for a piece of fixture and fitting they'd even consider it.
                                                                                                                    I hope you bought a few of them in slightly different colours to be able to mix it up.

Comment

...

Comment

Stokes is good, best since Botham maybe?

Comment

Stokes is good, best since Botham maybe?
                                                                                                                          Botham was a better bowler but I think Stokes is a better bat, and a better fielder

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X