This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    My mudder is 80 and is as sharp as ever. It's only physically she is slower. No more wimmins mini marathon for her. Must be hard on folk when the old dears lose their mental capacity though feel real lucky on that score.

Ps fk CNN . I thought it was one place I wouldn't hear about Liverpool .
    Some of those Scouse accents make white South Africans sound almost musical.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I think I am saw this as something else to everyone else and it wasnt the flexible hours but someone said that Tar was on the beach when he said he was working.

Have been on calls with people who have their laptop in a box in the garden with a cocktail for sunny afternoons - I cant imagine they are getting a tap of work done really.

Doesn't sound like there is much in it really but if you decide the trust is broken Tar I know people who are hiring...
      you lads seem to be back in full swing alright, getting lots of emails about irresistable job offers

the new one seems to be ' oh you're not interested, OK do you know anyone who is? I am really struggling to find candidates here.'

right, so not only do you want me to do your job for you, you also want me to weaken my org by recommending people to leave.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I still think 'chicks' was the more offensive bit of the 'Dixie Chicks' name.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jackpot colossus confirmed goneski. Was a great poker place back in the day. My own highlight being a 6500 euro pot in 1-1 Omaha with only 8 euro in the pot on flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

you lads seem to be back in full swing alright, getting lots of emails about irresistable job offers

the new one seems to be ' oh you're not interested, OK do you know anyone who is? I am really struggling to find candidates here.'

right, so not only do you want me to do your job for you, you also want me to weaken my org by recommending people to leave.
            Or strengthen it

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              Jackpot colossus confirmed goneski. Was a great poker place back in the day. My own highlight being a 6500 euro pot in 1-1 Omaha with only 8 euro in the pot on flop.
              Can't you remember the details? Sounds fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Or strengthen it
                Actually, for that role? I just remembered, we have this guy, Solks we call him. Now that I think of it, he would be perfect for your role...I think most of the management team here would give him a glowing recommendation. He's a on a completely different level to the rest of our team, sometimes we even ask jokingly whether he's a genius or an idiot...

Comment

so literally nowhere to play in the city centre now?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I think I am saw this as something else to everyone else and it wasnt the flexible hours but someone said that Tar was on the beach when he said he was working.

Have been on calls with people who have their laptop in a box in the garden with a cocktail for sunny afternoons - I cant imagine they are getting a tap of work done really.

Doesn't sound like there is much in it really but if you decide the trust is broken Tar I know people who are hiring...
                    I think the Tar one is just some moany colleague who perhaps doesn’t get how social media works. The issue there isn’t less about flexibility but more that he was saying making out Tara was lying about the aul whereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Can't you remember the details? Sounds fun!
                      It’s time of ipo place is jammed. Few of us left the fitz to go up i won 3 k in fitz playing cash good times. Arrive at crack pot there is one Omaha game going with one man barely able to see the cards and he’s cleaning up. Buy in for 500 then after 4 hands go to the desk and get 3k in chips. The guy basically check raised every flop pots turn then pots river. The regs bewildered by his play. He is getting the card room manager to chip him up a bad sign is he escaping into 100 black chips. With blinds 1-1 I get dealt kk-jj utg plus 1 had raised to 3 blind man is utg and is the only caller. Flop is k77 he checks i pot how much can I make it he says few raised later there is 1800 in there 2 turn check i pot he snaps case k on river

Comment

Ya picking right back up alright.

We will also find a replacement for the person we take out of your organisation - for a fee of course

Comment

He is getting the card room manager to chip him up a bad sign is he escaping into 100 black chips.
                          Worst thing in poker esp online. Seeing a donk build a huge stack and then leaving

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Worst thing in poker esp online. Seeing a donk build a huge stack and then leaving
                            I am a donk obv but would always announce to the table that 'I am leaving in X'. Seems like correct etiquette imo

Comment

The graphs in the developing world countries for covid look scary (India, South Africa, Brazil etc) now.

Anyone want to set the over\under for 'July infections'? June to date looks to be ~3.5m cases and still 5 days worth of data to go so 4m probably.

Comment

It’s time of ipo place is jammed. Few of us left the fitz to go up i won 3 k in fitz playing cash good times. Arrive at crack pot there is one Omaha game going with one man barely able to see the cards and he’s cleaning up. Buy in for 500 then after 4 hands go to the desk and get 3k in chips. The guy basically check raised every flop pots turn then pots river. The regs bewildered by his play. He is getting the card room manager to chip him up a bad sign is he escaping into 100 black chips. With blinds 1-1 I get dealt kk-jj utg plus 1 had raised to 3 blind man is utg and is the only caller. Flop is k77 he checks i pot how much can I make it he says few raised later there is 1800 in there 2 turn check i pot he snaps case k on river
                                I presume he has 77xx?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I presume he has 77xx?
                                    I’d say he had a bare 7 like man was terrible and I got the last raise in on the flop he was not being clever or anything just bad.

Comment

I’d say he had a bare 7 like man was terrible and I got the last raise in on the flop he was not being clever or anything just bad.
                                      Just when you said you hit the case K, I assumed that was needed. Seems not. Sounds like a good night overall for you anyway between the venues.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Just when you said you hit the case K, I assumed that was needed. Seems not. Sounds like a good night overall for you anyway between the venues.
                                          Must be 10 years ago married etc now never see 6 k cash again

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            All the money seems to be going on Greens voting yes by about 75:25 in favour of the coalition. Results announced 8pm or so.
                                            I still reserve the right to grumble about the ridiculousness of having a leadership contest after your leader has led you into Government with the greenest-ever PfG.

I am actually going to a BBQ with a prominent Green tonight. Will abuse him.

Comment

All the money seems to be going on Greens voting yes by about 75:25 in favour of the coalition. Results announced 8pm or so.
                                              RTE making it sound like a done deal, I hope so but I can't see how they carry it unless maybe they their ego's are salved by getting Martin as leader. Would be gas if they voted for PFG and then to keep Ryan
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

RTE making it sound like a done deal, I hope so but I can't see how they carry it unless maybe they their ego's are salved by getting Martin as leader. Would be gas if they voted for PFG and then to keep Ryan
                                                Ryan's 1/3 to be leader at the start of 2021. I believe it was 1/5 for no election in 2020 earlier also. I think it's probably getting through alright. Would be fairly deflating if it doesn't.

Comment

i see SF have nominated Paddy Holohan for South Dublin Mayor

Comment

Comment

76%

SF couldn't even organise infiltration of the GP properly
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Anyone watching the comic relief special on rte? The den was a brilliant piece of nostalgia. And normal people meeting fleabag's priest was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            Anyone watching the comic relief special on rte? The den was a brilliant piece of nostalgia. And normal people meeting fleabag's priest was fantastic.
                                                            The Den was brilliant. Darcy just slipped straight back onto it. Sadly he's good for nothing else! Zag with a topical joke about sitting on knees was the highlight.

Comment

The Den was brilliant. Darcy just slipped straight back onto it. Sadly he's good for nothing else! Zag with a topical joke about sitting on knees was the highlight.
                                                              Did he have a child ? ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

I can't do vinyl mixes at the minute but here's a something for summer and all that...

Tortoise, Manu Dibango, Mulatu Astatke, The Mar-Keys, The Meters, Groove Collective, Urban Dance Squad, Coldcut, KLF, Sly & The Family Stone, The Bongolian, Eno & Hyde, Southside Movement, Fela Kuti, Jaga Jazzist, Curtis Mayfield

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 26-06-20, 23:49.

Comment

I watched about 10 mins total of it.
                                                                  Thought I had entered a parallel universe where utter shite is the new funny. Some skit with a scanger and a garda was eye gougingly bad so channel hopped a bit and came back to a voiceover saying "next up Jason Byrne &" I didn't hear the rest

Comment

Won a minor enough tournament on stars a few nights ago and have been using the winnings to play a few 125 euro progressive bounty knockout turbo tournaments. What a game! Ridic speed, minimal skill, knock someone out who has knocked out a few people and you can win a hundred euro as a bounty. I've lost all the money on this, so there's no brag here, just love the dynamics of the game. Now if they'd make an omaha version of that the world would be a fantastic place.

They have Omaha bounty on Party Poker.

But get used to the following...

5 bet AA10J get 5 callers on 6 max and come 6th to 23j7

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Did he have a child ? ?
                                                                      Yeah, he hooked up with Jenny something, one of his producers when he was back on today FM and they had, I think, two sprogs

Comment

I hate moving. Been at it all day, just heading for a nap now. Lorry coming at 7 to pick up all the big stuff.
                                                                        Sooner it's over the better. My doctor and physio are not going to be too happy with me. I got hit by a car a couple of months ago, back is not in great shape and I'm really feeling it right now after all the stuff I lugged over to our new house.
                                                                        The one good thing that I never realised when we were buying the place is just how beautiful the back garden is, got to relax out there for a short while today. Quiet, private and it's got so many different plants. Gonna take a fair bit of upkeep but well worth it.
                                                                        ​​​​

​​​​​​
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Just kill me now. Gotta change that attitude to something more positive. Hopefully a nice night and I can sit outside with a few cold beers when I'm done.
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Wineguys, Lao Lao, Raoul, Zuut,

In Vivino, does 'Ageing - 16' mean the wine matures at 16 years old? See screenshot.

I've started my little collection with that 2016 Meerlust, thanks to Lao Lao for the nudge.

There's a couple of other wines I like that I want to find out if they age, how can I find out? Can I use Vivino?

Vino Nobile de Montepulciano is one.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

And GAB of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  Yeah, he hooked up with Jenny something, one of his producers when he was back on today FM and they had, I think, two sprogs
                                                                                  Oh don't i know, i was being rhetorical, the cunt never shuts up about it, one of many reasons i stopped listening to him.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    i see SF have nominated Paddy Holohan for South Dublin Mayor
                                                                                    Fair play to him.
                                                                                    He’s not very au fair with politics but he’s very community driven. And an unbelievably nice bloke.

Comment

Government!

Be very interesting to see who gets what. Particularly interesting to see what job Leo takes. You would have thought Foreign Affairs would be the natural one for a Tanaiste in this type of arrangement but surely Coveney can't be moved out of there at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Fair play to him.
                                                                                        He’s not very au fair with politics but he’s very community driven. And an unbelievably nice bloke.
                                                                                        au fait

I would have thought being political was part of being a politician myself. Anyway, good luck to him in his meaningless, powerless role.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

In Vivino, does 'Ageing - 16' mean the wine matures at 16 years old? See screenshot.

I've started my little collection with that 2016 Meerlust, thanks to Lao Lao for the nudge.

There's a couple of other wines I like that I want to find out if they age, how can I find out? Can I use Vivino?

it's probably the kind of thing you learn as you drink more

At a really high level, most wine sold in Ireland is for drinking now. Like 90%+. So drink it now.

Most white wine is best drunk young. There are notable exceptions such as good Riesling, Hunter Valley Semillon, Chablis and some sweet wines.

Red wine benefits more from ageing. But again, a lot of it is duly sold having already spent a few years in the bottle - like that Meerlust or, say, most riojas. You could drink that right now and it would be very nice. But you could drink it in 10 years time and it could be amazing.

I wouldn't be arsed with very specific 'this bottle of 2015 Chateau de Catpiss would benefit from 7-8 years of ageing' advice. A high level chart like this tells you everything you need to know.

how-long-to-cellar-wine.png

Comment

Oh, and some day you will know the exquisite pain of opening up a very special bottle of wine that you have carefully put away for 10 years+ to savour on a special occasion and discovering it to have turned into rancid piss in the bottle.

Comment

Brilliant, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Strangely difficult to find good info online.

Have you a link to that chart? It's difficult to read on the phone.

Comment

au fait

I would have thought being political was part of being a politician myself. Anyway, good luck to him in his meaningless, powerless role.
                                                                                                He didn't land the role, the uproar was due to SF nominating him for it.

May well be the nice guy you say Mellor but you can't excuse the outdated ignorant shite he spouted.

Not fit for public office.

Comment

au fait

Yeah the iPhone doesn’t really cope with random french phrases too well.
                                                                                                  Maybe I should have said “playing politics”. You know the game I mean.
                                                                                                  Paddy’s more of a champion of people type. Local council is the right place tbh, power aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    Fair play to him.
                                                                                                    Nice bloke apart from the whole not Irish enough racist shit!?

Comment

...

Comment

He was indeed 'just asking the question' about why someone non-Indian, non-gay, couldn't run the country. Just asking the unbelievably nice community-driven question. Providing of course the community is straight pasty-Irish.
                                                                                                        Will he step down from the council when he finds out red hair isn't Irish?...it came from elsewhere!

Fuckin blowin

Comment

May well be the nice guy you say Mellor but you can't excuse the outdated ignorant shite he spouted.
                                                                                                          Which comments?
                                                                                                          I know he was suspended a while ago for something he said on the podcast. Refer to a women as a scumbag:

And I just want to say to you, there's a situation that I heard during the week... somebody was underage, the person didn't know they were underage, the girl pursued the guy.
                                                                                                          Got whatever she needed, had pictures, had videos, and then said 'I want 10 grand'.
                                                                                                          Obviously a silly thing to say publicly without a verified incident to refer to. But I wouldn’t bet that on something like that hasn’t happened.
                                                                                                          You may be referring to something else though.

Edit:
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                          Nice bloke apart from the whole not Irish enough racist shit!?
                                                                                                          This one I didn’t hear about.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 27-06-20, 10:00.

Comment

My guess is that ageing in that context means how long it was in the barrel/vat before bottling. As RDIII said 90% of stuff actually gets worse with age. I somehow had a 20+ year old supermarket Bordeaux in my stash and it was disgusting. Cellartracker is good for drinking windows but it doesn't have the simple scan system that Vivino has. It suggests that Italian red will be at its best after maybe 5 years-10 years.

Comment

Government!

Be very interesting to see who gets what. Particularly interesting to see what job Leo takes. You would have thought Foreign Affairs would be the natural one for a Tanaiste in this type of arrangement but surely Coveney can't be moved out of there at this point in time.
                                                                                                              Leo for Business and Enterprise as far as I know.

It looks like FF will be taking housing and health which if happens, could be a master stroke by FG as they are two poisoned chalices. They may be able to make some inroads on housing but health will always be a basket case.

Comment

I mean should the "Big 4" not just be disbanded or declared illegal organisations at this stage........??

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ndal-1.4289784
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...

Comment

I will be so pissed off if this new shower do a deal over all the poor part time workers who never even asked for the 350/week to be facing a tax liability come year end.

I can actually feel my BP rising thinking about it.

Bloke i work with telling me yesterday that his daughter got the new iphone, sure isnt she getting 350 /week for a job that paid her 80, shes loaded ! What about the tax says i ? She is a student and wont work next year is her plan, 5er a week jobbie.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Housing is maybe a smart one. House building operates in almost unstoppable trends. The trend has been about 30% annual increases for last 5 years, and that will probably continue even if a blind monkey is in charge. So there will be a big increase to point to at the end of the five years. Obv won't make everyone happy due to the absence of free houses for everyone paid by billionaires, but there will be enough there to satisfy a fair few voters. Should be up around 50-60k annual builds by end of the term, which is grand, and with enough surplus properties to satisfy a decent part of social housing demands.
                                                                                                                      and sure, FF can collapse the economy again leading to mass emigration...problem solved.

I am deeply ambivalent about those fuckers getting their feet under the table again but the art of compromise etc etc

Comment

Here's the 2nd entry chronicling my first EP release, also containing a song about Elon Musk!
                                                                                                                        This is the second part of my story; you read the first entry here: https://medium.com/@daraghthomas/we-dont-make-music-it-makes-us-86b44125849e At the start of the year, I got a new job, which meant…

Comment

Cellartracker is good for drinking windows but it doesn't have the simple scan system that Vivino has.
                                                                                                                          CellarTracker uses the Vivino search engine now.
                                                                                                                          You can scan labels or barcode to find the wine in the CT database. Which has better info imo.

@Laz here’s that graphic full size

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X