X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Didn't realise there was another Kamasi

St. Vincent returns to Later… with Jools Holland to perform Masseduction on BBC Two (9 June 2018) and is joined on stage by a very special guest! See more at...

Comment

This is just insane!

Comment

EayGByxUEAA59P4?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Eamon De Valera Cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

You can use any ad-blocking or privacy extension in your browser of choice. However I don't use it on IPB and some other sites to make sure they get the ad revenue needed to run the site.
          good point, had never considered that before
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            I've been working on releasing an EP (It was originally going to be an album!) for the best part of the year. Now it's getting closer to completion I thought it would be interesting to journal the whole process. Here's the first part: https://medium.com/@daraghthomas/we-...5c8b3167970711
            Brilliant. Process sounds so rewarding. Looking forward to hearing the work.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Tech lads, if I'm in a house where I'm getting little or no 4G coverage on my phone is there any chance a 4G dongle could improve the situation? Any alternatives for a two month spell that don't involve dropping 600 quid on a 12 month contract for fixed line otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Tech lads, if I'm in a house where I'm getting little or no 4G coverage on my phone is there any chance a 4G dongle could improve the situation? Any alternatives for a two month spell that don't involve dropping 600 quid on a 12 month contract for fixed line otherwise?
                A proper 4G antenna and modem might improve the situation. I had this setup that allowed the young lad to game online until we got fiber to the home (Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!).

https://www.adverts.ie/mobile-broadb...outer/12954787

Sold the antenna but still have the modem if you want it. No charge, but it is locked to Voda.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Brilliant. Process sounds so rewarding. Looking forward to hearing the work.
                  Cheers Lazare! Yes, it has. It's incredible how easy it is to do everything these days, from orchestration to recording and marketing and everything in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Cheers Lazare! Yes, it has. It's incredible how easy it is to do everything these days, from orchestration to recording and marketing and everything in between.
                    I miss using Ableton, have a Scarlett 2i2 gathering dust in a drawer..

Messing about with it gave me such joy, your blog post brought all that back.

You can tell you're in it for the art too.

Comment

Three dead from stabbing attacks in an incident in Reading. Sky News linking it to a terrorist attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

A proper 4G antenna and modem might improve the situation. I had this setup that allowed the young lad to game online until we got fiber to the home (Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!).

https://www.adverts.ie/mobile-broadb...outer/12954787

Sold the antenna but still have the modem if you want it. No charge, but it is locked to Voda.
                        Thanks for the info. What would I need then, an antenna placed up high and a Vodafone sim?

The house I'm in belongs to my mom so putting an antenna on the chimney or something would probably be grand. I'm hoping there might just be a network issue this weekend because the signal seemed fine yesterday but the way it is at the moment I definitely can't work from the house. I'm more than happy to pay for the modem.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Still celebrating, fuck it. ​​​​​​obv taken earlier. I look 50 right now
                            Don't feel it though
                            Attached Files
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Getting swing low sweet chariot banned would be some result, great that it’s pissing off the absolute worst cunts in England too Now to spend the weekend parsing Ireland’s call for racist connotations and looking for pictures of Phil coulter in blackface online

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Getting swing low sweet chariot banned would be some result, great that it’s pissing off the absolute worst cunts in England too Now to spend the weekend parsing Ireland’s call for racist connotations and looking for pictures of Phil coulter in blackface online
                                Go for it, plenty of rugby people are not big fans either. The fields of athenry is an awful dirge too - not sure how your going to get shouting Ireland really slowly banned tho.

we have terrible chants that reflect our working hard in the mud and rain that could be replaced with something more running attacking lines on a sunny day.

Comment

This is incredible.

Comment

Ees avin a go at Phil Coulter now .

Comment

With regards to England and Headquarters apparently:

It was originally sang to Martin "Chariots" Offiah at his school team playing at Twickers... So maybe origin clean but stupid

But first engerland game it was sung at was when a black player played well in an England game

So... Even if the Offiah link is purely based on his nickname, if anyone says it's not a race thing, ask them why the first two players it was sang to were Black

Comment

Could we maybe bury some guns or a wee bit of semtex in Coulters garden and have a mystery phone call to the PO Po?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

With regards to England and Headquarters apparently:

It was originally sang to Martin "Chariots" Offiah at his school team playing at Twickers... So maybe origin clean but stupid

But first engerland game it was sung at was when a black player played well in an England game

So... Even if the Offiah link is purely based on his nickname, if anyone says it's not a race thing, ask them why the first two players it was sang to were Black
                                          I see your Chariots and raise you:

Ooh ah Paul McGrath, the Black Pearl of Inchicore

Or indeed Cork fans with Confederate flags....
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Kids managed to lsoe key to the bathroom door yesterday. Mrs D3 took all other keys in house to bathroom this morning in an attempt to source a replacement. Then duly locked herself in and the key that locked the door would magically not unlock it

I managed to make a bad situation worse by suggesting that maybe she should have tested the replacement keys when the door was open.

She said get a locksmith, I said not for a PoS door that is probably 20 years old. Smashed it down with an axe, rescuing the damsel in distress. Now apparently I am the bad guy.

Fathers Day me hole

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Kids managed to lsoe key to the bathroom door yesterday. Mrs D3 took all other keys in house to bathroom this morning in an attempt to source a replacement. Then duly locked herself in and the key that locked the door would magically not unlock it

I managed to make a bad situation worse by suggesting that maybe she should have tested the replacement keys when the door was open.

She said get a locksmith, I said not for a PoS door that is probably 20 years old. Smashed it down with an axe, rescuing the damsel in distress. Now apparently I am the bad guy.

Fathers Day me hole
                                                You got to hack down a door with a axe. Ffs best fathers day ever. Now tell you put your face through the door and shouted . Here's Johnny.

Comment

I see your Chariots and raise you:

Ooh ah Paul McGrath, the Black Pearl of Inchicore

Or indeed Cork fans with Confederate flags....
                                                  I fail to see how you can raise a lolCork advocate who would fire the GAA into the sun via large cannon with the workings of LolCork kick-catch merchants

As for McGrath, probably a bit dodge alright, but he apparently likes it and it is a Eusebio reference...stadium of light etc

Last edited by Guest; 21-06-20, 14:13.

Comment

Could have tried throwing the key out the bathroom window and you try it it from the outside again just to open it?. Maybe you already tried this before the axing.

Comment

Fathers Day me hole
                                                      Why would you need an axe surely you could have kicked it or shoulder it open?
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                        Could have tried throwing the key out the bathroom window and you try it it from the outside again just to open it?. Maybe you already tried this before the axing.
                                                        That was step 1

Comment

That was step 1
                                                          Which stupid Basta lost the key anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            What's with having keys on indoor doors? Just a simple thing in the door knob to push a bolt shut is surely vastly superior. The poor kids having to put up with your archaic key habit. No wonder they lost it to send you into the 21st century.
                                                            for sure

these doors were inherited from the previous owner and are awaiting retrofitting

Comment

There was a man named RD the third
                                                              Whose axe wielding ways his Mrs did curb
                                                              WIth Machiavellian glee
                                                              He disposed of the key
                                                              The bathroom now needs a refurb

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                There was a man named RD the third
                                                                Whose axe wielding ways his Mrs did curb
                                                                WIth Machiavellian glee
                                                                She disposed of the key
                                                                The bathroom now needs a refurb
                                                                Mystery of the missing/broken key solved

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Mystery of the missing/broken key solved

That's brilliant lol!!

Comment

Was blindfolded yesterday by girlfriend in what I hoped was some sort of sexual deviancy but was led along the street to a park where a nice social distancing surprise birthday party was being held. Also pretty decent.
                                                                    Impressive organisation since she didn't know most of the people. Anyway, got a couple of gins, this one is very nice!

sGjC43Dl.jpg

The second was Hendrick's and was named after me, I didn't know you could get them customised (found out now it wasn't, they did all the labels themselves!), so that was very cool!

uSdoK6Wl.jpg

The tags were also customised and got a bit strange as I was photoshopped onto a cats body for some reason

tiTpDW0l.jpg

Also a set of Deansgrange gin glasses, which I felt brought the park drinking to the next level.
                                                                    Cops came along and didn't seem to mind at all haha.
                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-20, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hey dude, I'm such a dick for forgetting to come back to you.
                                                                      Gave him a spin cooking the dinner that night and enjoyed it, very atmospheric, movie score type of stuff. Guessing that's where you came accross him?
                                                                      Stumbled across him in the series finale of Homeland.
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yo Emmet you any good at UNRAID? I've got it setup and I've configured a few bits but can't seem to figure out how to get things mapped/routed and my brain is fried from it all.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Beautiful.
                                                                              The ramp was a lot steeper than 3 degrees. This is 3 degrees

c-angle03_32661_lg.gif
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  Yo Emmet you any good at UNRAID? I've got it setup and I've configured a few bits but can't seem to figure out how to get things mapped/routed and my brain is fried from it all.
                                                                                  Sure, shoot me pms or an email with screenshots of whatever you're working on and I'll try get back to you. Pretty sure you've my details as I got that photo of yours on metal before?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

The second was Hendrick's and was named after me, I didn't know you could get them customised, so that was very cool!

uSdoK6Wl.jpg
                                                                                    I'm guessing your girlfriend Brazilian and that's her nickname for you. It means Little/Small Paul right?
                                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 22-06-20, 01:05.

Comment

I think that's one of the humorous points being made CC! He also probably couldn't look under the foot of the general to detect if he was wearing rubber soles.
                                                                                      Trump didn't say 3 degrees though. Whoever added the graphics is exaggerating a lot. CC is saying it's that it's actually much steeper. Looks to be about 10 degrees from a screen grab.
                                                                                      It's completely ridiculous from Trump, but made up lies on the other side make the criticism look weaker imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Trump didn't say 3 degrees though. Whoever added the graphics is exaggerating a lot. CC is saying it's that it's actually much steeper. Looks to be about 10 degrees from a screen grab.
                                                                                        It's completely ridiculous from Trump, but made up lies on the other side make the criticism look weaker imo.
                                                                                        Yeah someone tried measuring it from a screen grab and got 110. As ridiculous as I generally find Trump I found his explanation reasonable. In fact I've often criticised BoJo for not using handrails when they are clearly there for a reason, but it would make him look weak on twitter.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah someone tried measuring it from a screen grab and got 110. As ridiculous as I generally find Trump I found his explanation reasonable. In fact I've often criticised BoJo for not using handrails when they are clearly there for a reason, but it would make him look weak on twitter.

Coming up with a reasonable explanation and backing it up with facts only to be shouted down and personally abused. I wonder how Bidden came up with such a tactic.

Comment

Who gives a shit how he walks down a ramp?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I'm guessing your girlfriend Brazilian and that's her nickname for you. It means Little/Small Paul right?
                                                                                              You're right on the meaning, it's an affectionate term for Brazilian's amongst a lot of other uses. That was from a Brazilian friend, they all call me that. My ex is from there and calls me Paulzinho or Zinho, same kinda thing. My girlfriend is Hungarian, that language is far more impenetrable to me, it's like Klingon. No matter what you say you sound angry and I can barely pronounce anything, mostly the only things I can say are the curses for some reason.

Found out they didn't get a custom bottle off some website, they did all the work themselves, made the label, made the tags. Damn son.
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-20, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                It speaks to his general levels of vitality. I don't want a leader who needs his fucking hand held going down a minor incline.

There was a good line in one of the weekend papers to the effect that 'the USA is becoming a gerontocracy'. When you look at the Dem primaries, the Majority house leadership (Pelosi), the Majority Senate leadershp (McConnell) and Trump, it's a fair point.

Comment

It speaks to his general levels of vitality. I don't want a leader who needs his fucking hand held going down a minor incline.

There was a good line in one of the weekend papers to the effect that 'the USA is becoming a gerontocracy'. When you look at the Dem primaries, the Majority house leadership (Pelosi), the Majority Senate leadershp (McConnell) and Trump, it's a fair point.
                                                                                                  I come more from the.. if you do everything else well you can walk how you like... school of thinking. This is why he gets away with with so much because there’s outrage over everything. If you’re outraged at everything then you’re outraged at nothing.

fair point on the ages all the same, Biden is a sad reflection on the dems, 4 years and this is all you got?

Comment

I come more from the.. if you do everything else well you can walk how you like... school of thinking. This is why he gets away with with so much because there’s outrage over everything. If you’re outraged at everything then you’re outraged at nothing.

fair point on the ages all the same, Biden is a sad reflection on the dems, 4 years and this is all you got?
                                                                                                    I guess it makes democracies like ours look pretty good by comparison - Varadkar (and Coveney) is a relative young fella, Mary Who and Ryan are fifty somethings and Mehole is just about 60

Comment

That's the thing. HE DOES.

Comment

Paging Dr Zut? Thoughts?

Comment

Had a fairly weird dream last night, been having a few of late but I normally can't remember them once I wake up.

This one is still fairly vivid although some details are a bit hazy.

I had moved to New York (on my own) and I was working and living with two lads I used to work with in a previous job. I'm still mates with them so nothing overly weird there but I was now single and we had a pretty cool gaff in NYC and our office was a rather nice plush affair, although I'm not sure what we were actually working at, it didn't seem like we were doing what we normally do.

Then, I get a call from RDIII, he had just moved to New York for work also and he invited me out to meet him in his offices. Now, I say offices, but they weren't your normal conventional offices. He was working in essentially, what was a stately manor. If you can picture the house in the TV show 'Trust' where Jean Paul Getty lived, you'd be right on track. There was lots of offices but they were all in really old large rooms, you know the type, lots of books shelves, all wooden paneling on the walls, old school desk, big leather armchairs, decanters of whiskey/brandy - all that jazz.

When I got there, the Duke told me he had to confide something in me. He had found two small offices in the mansion that didn't make sense. They were both very small and one had the title of 'Dept of the Environment' on it and the other had the 'Dept of the Economy' on it. He had gone into both of them but in each there was just one small desk, totally out of kilter in decor with the rest of the buildings and each office only had one person, both of which were elderly women who said they were secretary's but that nobody else worked there and that the Duke shouldn't be there.

RDIII also told me he took this info to his CEO (who he introduced me to). the CEO was a very elderly gentleman, who dressed like he lived in the 19th century, he was a fairly large round man who was well into his 60's (if not older) who sported a perfectly manicured goatee and mustache that almost curled back into itself. He had a monocle and an old school watch on a chain that sat nicely in his left breast pocket.

Anyway, RDIII told me that his CEO told him that those offices were none of his business and he was best to stay clear of them. he was quite stern about it which had surprised the Duke. As a result, he had did some digging and he was fairly sure that his company was bribing government officials, most likely to illegally dispose of hazardous materials. He now wanted me to help him catching them doing it

And, then I woke up.

Comment

And then I fell asleep

Comment

If I ever thought that I would have a crazed weirdo stalking me, Lao Lao would not have been at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

You're right on the meaning, it's an affectionate term for Brazilian's amongst a lot of other uses. That was from a Brazilian friend, they all call me that. My ex is from there and calls me Paulzinho or Zinho, same kinda thing. My girlfriend is Hungarian, that language is far more impenetrable to me, it's like Klingon. No matter what you say you sound angry and I can barely pronounce anything, mostly the only things I can say are the curses for some reason.

Found out they didn't get a custom bottle off some website, they did all the work themselves, made the label, made the tags. Damn son.
                                                                                                                Yeah the -inho suffix is common in Brazil. I recognised it from jiu jitsu. But suppose it’s common in football too (Ronaldinho). It’s a fairly intuitive language but pronunciation can be odd.

Old boss was Hungarian. Agree it’s Klingon.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                    A fair enough analysis. I thought they were taking the right approach at the time but it seems not. The thing is, the rest of Europe is now doing largely the same thing as Sweden and the virus is still a threat. At 5 or 6% immunity with all things being equal the whole thing should kick off again we'll all be on the Swedish path. Still so much unknown about transmission and severity of illness that its largely still a mystery and I wouldn't trust definitive statements from anyone, no matter their title.

Comment

If I ever thought that I would have a crazed weirdo stalking me, Lao Lao would not have been at the top of the list.
                                                                                                                      In my defence, you followed me to New York and then invited me out to your office to get me involved in all types of skull duggery, I am completely innocent of all stalking accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        In my defence, you followed me to New York and then invited me out to your office to get me involved in all types of skull duggery, I am completely innocent of all stalking accusations.
                                                                                                                        I like that the banker from Monopoly is also involved in these shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Sure, shoot me pms or an email with screenshots of whatever you're working on and I'll try get back to you. Pretty sure you've my details as I got that photo of yours on metal before?
                                                                                                                          Shot you an email a little while back.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X