This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Ah that's cool to hear. It sounds like an awesome piece of kit. That poker room experience you posted about earlier just blew my mind. Especially the bit about hearing conversations of other people at the cash desk.

​​​​​​The possibilities of this tech, holy shit.
    ​​​​​​
    I can't describe how weird it is as you genuinely feel like you are earwigging and looking at them directly made me genuinely nervous because they can see it and it feels rude.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I've never had a Netflix subscription, but it always seems to be disappointing when I flick through it. Just yards and yards of junk and a feeling of choice overload.
    Presume this is in reference to the special? I just watched it on youtube. Powerful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I've never had a Netflix subscription, but it always seems to be disappointing when I flick through it. Just yards and yards of junk and a feeling of choice overload.
      Feel that way about Sky. Have really got to cancel it, feeling more and more a mug every day paying such big money for such shite.

Don't mind the Netflix sub, it's relatively inexpensive even though we don't consume a lot of it.

80% of viewing time in this house is YouTube.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-06-20, 00:13.

Comment

I'm a Rover, seldom sober....

Comment

My new live album 'Live At Omeara' is out now 🌹https://freyaridings.lnk.to/LiveAtOmearaPerforming at Omeara was so incredible! Looking out and seeing so man...

Yeah it's all very good tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I don't know but I think we can all agree, fuck him.
                His mother was my granny's best friend. Small world that it is.

Actually a nice guy in person but adopts the Dunphy\Hook approach to stirring up shit when on the airwaves. It's worked out well for him tbf.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  Communism rejects the concept of private property and it's effects on society, the economy, and production. They support common ownership of the means of production (anything that is used to produce a commodity) and of natural resources.

tl;dr Communism is a stateless, moneyless, and classless. No private property. Common ownership of the means of production."
                  As a “theory” its all well on good. But beyond the scale of a small community or more accurately a commune where you know everyone personally, It’s simply a fantasy.

What most people think of as a 'Communist State' would be seen by a pure Marxist as an intermediary step on the way to real Communism
                  and the closer you get to pure Marxist Communism the less viable it is.

Comment

Bowie in 83 calling out MTV

Here's David Bowie really sticking it to MTV over the lack of black musicians featured prominently on it's channel around two years after it launched. In a 1983 interview about the release of his upcoming album 'Let's Dance', Bowie asked if he could ask some 'punishing questions' of MTV host, Mark Goodman, after the music interview had finished.
                    He went on to 'forensically' take apart MTV's lack of videos featuring black musicians.

The cameraman takes an extereme close up of Bowie (about 4.35 in) and catches a remarkable shot of Bowie's face as he responds to the question of whether or not he thinks the justifications are valid points. Bowie's response, "I understand your point of view" whilst his expression makes it clear he does not agree.

As the official interview ends, the discussion continues with the MTV host and his producer off camera trying unsuccessfully to justify their stance as it being important to cater for what their audiences would tolerate. The camera keeps rolling as Bowie says, "Well let's face it, somebody laid down the ground rules in the beginning You know, there should be no reason why it has to change... It should have been there in the beginning"

Goodman's response, "Is the tape off?" says it all.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        Bowie in 83 calling out MTV

Here's David Bowie really sticking it to MTV over the lack of black musicians featured prominently on it's channel around two years after it launched. In a 1983 interview about the release of his upcoming album 'Let's Dance', Bowie asked if he could ask some 'punishing questions' of MTV host, Mark Goodman, after the music interview had finished.
                        He went on to 'forensically' take apart MTV's lack of videos featuring black musicians.

The cameraman takes an extereme close up of Bowie (about 4.35 in) and catches a remarkable shot of Bowie's face as he responds to the question of whether or not he thinks the justifications are valid points. Bowie's response, "I understand your point of view" whilst his expression makes it clear he does not agree.

As the official interview ends, the discussion continues with the MTV host and his producer off camera trying unsuccessfully to justify their stance as it being important to cater for what their audiences would tolerate. The camera keeps rolling as Bowie says, "Well let's face it, somebody laid down the ground rules in the beginning You know, there should be no reason why it has to change... It should have been there in the beginning"

Goodman's response, "Is the tape off?" says it all.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...59780427477483
                        As if I couldn't love Bowie more. Fabulous.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any interest for a Royal Ascot tipping comp next week? Honour system given how close we are.

Thank this post and if we have sufficient interest, I'll set it up.

Comment

Nice insider gossip about the cabinet.

Comment

560K likes, 0 comments - davechappelle on June 11, 2020: "Normally I wouldn't show you something so unrefined, I hope you understand."

This is just fantastic. One may ponder why it's left to a comedian to take a difficult topic and make the clearest statement on it, but that's a conversation for another day. There's a huge amount of nuance to this also, particularly on how he deals with the topic of "heroes" in the black community.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                Hi lads, sign-up sheet is now available for another WW game is now open. Will run if enough interest.

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...-sign-up-sheet
                                Just a follow up, 17 in so far.

Will close sign in sheet tonight and kick off game tomorrow
                                Last edited by pokerhand; 13-06-20, 19:08.
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Interesting stuff Hotspur. I worked with Martin Fraser for a number of years, indeed I was his boss for some of those years. This is going back a good while. Martin was absolutely sound, an incredibly smart guy, but also a genuine Dub with real interests in sports and music. Still hangs out with his mates from years ago to my knowledge. But yeah, never suffered (what he regarded as) fools easily. Very quick to verbally take someone apart, not always necessary. That was the only thing I did mention to him that he might think about, on a couple of occasions. This will sound weird, or odd maybe but I feel the place (ie the country) is in safe hands with Fraser sitting beside Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBU0shQ...=1dgfpvg07hk3i

This is just fantastic. One may ponder why it's left to a comedian to take a difficult topic and make the clearest statement on it, but that's a conversation for another day. There's a huge amount of nuance to this also, particularly on how he deals with the topic of "heroes" in the black community.
                                    An example of comedy I hope . Makes the point well but the finish is hilarious

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

An example of comedy I hope . Makes the point well but the finish is hilarious

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000310317535
                                      Fuck Solks and his links to the book of face
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

One over in the golf today. My best round by a good way. Bitter sweet in that I don't expect ever to get that close again to shooting level par. Course was there for the taking. No wind and ball rolling a mile on rock hard fairways.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Wut?
                                              Momentum!

Comment

There is always a tweet

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

A Sunday morning breakfast beer has to be one of the best ever.

Comment

Burr was in great form on Rogan's thing the other day

Comment

Royal Ascot Tipping Comp is this way.

Pick horses, win lootz, have bantz. What more could you possibly want?

It's like Cheltenham except with added wankers.

Comment

A Sunday morning breakfast beer has to be one of the best ever.
                                                          so Johnny Cash would tell you anyway.

feel like singing that myself this morning after a rather successful BBQ last night. Neighbour came rather conspicuously out into his garden at midnight and managed to insinuate, without saying a single word, that we really should take it fucking inside.

The eamokoftas were the star of the show so wp, again, that man.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

feel like singing that myself this morning after a rather successful BBQ last night. Neighbour came rather conspicuously out into his garden at midnight and managed to insinuate, without saying a single word, that we really should take it fucking inside.

The eamokoftas were the star of the show so wp, again, that man.
                                                            A great song written by Kris Kristofferson. .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

A great song written by Kris Kristofferson. .
                                                              How's about a link to this song? Have no idea what you are referring to.

Comment

Will a Facebook one do ?

Comment

Will a Facebook one do ?
                                                                  Not if you want me to click on it, no.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

I've long successfully clawed my way out of the gutter into the middle classes. We live in fear of creche fees and have been constantly noting to each other how lucky we are not to have toddlers running around the place during lockdown. That said, I don't think my fundamental view on politics will ever really change, if it hasn't by now.
                                                                      Your missing out on Toddlers running around during LockDown.... I think that is only how i have survived so long... they obv have to be your own... been down the country the last few weeks without my three and really miss them badly look forward to facetime before bed!!

Don't get me wrong they walk in on you working a million times a day, might disturb a call or two... but seriously not the end of the world and if your boss gives u sh&t about it... your in the wrong job!

obv just my 2cents

Comment

6 beers in and listening to 'Fear of Music' on vinyl quite loudly

Comment

Has Murdrum been back here since the vbulletin update?

Comment

Has Murdrum been back here since the vbulletin update?
                                                                            No, he hasn't posted in a long while, since a good bit before the changeover.

Hope he pops back in.

Comment

...

Comment

Wut?
                                                                                TBH the fact that he has never appeared to be the slightest bit intelligent to anyone except the fanbois suffering from TDS is probably disguising a lot of what is increasingly looking like some sort of degenerative brain condition.

Of course he always had the swagger and eloquence of the shyster conman he is but this clip really shows a shocking decline

This is the ramp

And we are so far beyond parody now that...
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I so wasn't expecting that rain. Fuck you met eireann, and your bullshit pseudo-scientific modelling.

Comment

Defund the meteorologists, Collie's whites matter

Comment

We had a whopper storm here yesterday.

Hail the size of golf balls. Mean thunder and lightning. Flash flooding with cars finding themselves in lakes in the middle of motorways.

Siding on houses, windows and cars all dented up and broken. Mad stuff.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

SP,. Trump's decline isn't sudden, not sure it's even that much of a decline!

Comment

Comment

Hahaha Laz - was clearly Dixie Chicken; the Tennessee Lamb to follow!!!

Comment

Comment

If you're very good, I'll slowly introduce you to my music choices!!! (Kiddin')

Comment

Someone was looking for something decent on Netflix, Giri / Haji is well worth a watch.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                    One over in the golf today. My best round by a good way. Bitter sweet in that I don't expect ever to get that close again to shooting level par. Course was there for the taking. No wind and ball rolling a mile on rock hard fairways.
                                                                                                    Great scoring tbf, wp.

Finally got membership sorted. Could only get 9 holes in today as the club is trying to get as many members as possible a chance to play.

No balls lost, so I'm pretty happy with that. I've some pitch n putt experience so the short game is decent for a beginner. This amused my mate as I was really struggling to hit anything off the tee but could ping anything under 100y at the flag.

I'm absolutely screwed now as I know I have the bug and I'm itching to buy every gadget or accessory in sight.
                                                                                                    Last edited by coillcam; 14-06-20, 19:08.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                        We had a whopper storm here yesterday.

Hail the size of golf balls. Mean thunder and lightning. Flash flooding with cars finding themselves in lakes in the middle of motorways.

Siding on houses, windows and cars all dented up and broken. Mad stuff.

Comment

Yeah it was next level, loads of vids on the Calgary sub reddit about it. I'd never seen anything like it. It was equal parts awesome, by the non-canadian definition, and terrifying.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Royal Ascot tipping comp starts tomorrow; should be some decent craic and the pot is building, currently €450...

Comment

...

Comment

Good to see The Guardian looking into one of the biggest annoyances of streaming services - their refusal to make it easy for you to watch the credits.
                                                                                                                https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/15/the-end-of-credits-why-doesnt-netflix-want-us-to-watch-them
                                                                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-06-20, 11:17.

Comment

Thoughts of the FG faithful on the program for government and MM as Taoiseach?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Wow the explicitly talk about green hydrogen research. My work is relevant all of a sudden!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          If we can get that 360 million a year extra on public transport (metro on top), its an absolute game changer in terms of the place of people vs cars in society. It's generally unstoppable once you start prioritising people.
                                                                                                                          Well if I understand correctly, there is basically "free" money to be had in that fund the EU have put in place so why not new deal the shit out of it???

kickstart the economy and create jobs!?

i would have liked lockdown to have been extended (even though I'm climbing the walls here), approaching a NZ type scenario thus allowing businesses to open a bit more and cutting the chances of a second wave but that's a different conversation
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-06-20, 12:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X