X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Might be worth a letter? The fact they didn't try to move his plan is disgraceful. Did he even get a phone worthy of such a contract length? I doubt he needs a phone like that either way.
      The phone is a piece of shit but it's basic and fairly easy for him to use so it serves a purpose but in no way worthy of such a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

The phone is a piece of shit but it's basic and fairly easy for him to use so it serves a purpose but in no way worthy of such a contract.
        Hard to believe someone in that line of work didn't know what they were doing. He could have got a Galaxy S10 on that contract price/length free with unlimited calls/texts/data.

Edit - I agree with 6Star that the way to go in his case is the unlimited prepaid plans for under 20 but the guy who sold the ridiculous package could have at least given him a fancy phone if he was going to upsell and be a cunt.
        Last edited by Opr; 03-06-20, 20:54.

Comment

Given the amount of monthly plans for 20 quid and under that give unlimited minutes, even 45 a month is a ridiculous amount to pay. Also, yes, people that take advantage of older people are utter cunts.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Loads of plans out there tell them to stick there contract up there holes. I’d be raging and as for the handy man coming in and sob stories not a bit surprising. When you have been around poker gambling nothing to do with scamming snakery would surprise me.

Comment

Comment

The tweet post weirdness is now working properly, so the buttons don't load up twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I blame the shitty incentive systems that are designed to encourage staff to do this, by paying poverty pay and large incentives for signing certain contracts. Rampant in financial advice industry too, hence why they had to outlaw most 'free advice'
                    You appear to have had a bit of a leftwards lurch in the last couple of months. Welcome comrade.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                          The tweet post weirdness is now working properly, so the buttons don't load up twitter.
                          Went into my notifications page just there, and this thread had had 14 posts, so when i clicked it like i usually would and be expected to go to the last post that would be new to me, it brought me to a page that said i had no authorization to be there. Had to go through the main page.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Given the amount of monthly plans for 20 quid and under that give unlimited minutes, even 45 a month is a ridiculous amount to pay. Also, yes, people that take advantage of older people are utter cunts.
                            What's this thing mean?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

What's this thing mean?
                              If you hover over it the word good apears, and over you the word ok appears.

Are you joining up for werewolf? Need three or four more to make it decent.
                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

So my workmate, a sound lad real good craic, get on great with him has been sending me a few BLM memes over Whatsapp. Ranging from mildly funny to kinda a bit, eh, racist.

'How to break up a BLM protest' with a kid shouting 'Are you my Dad?'. That sort of thing. Stuff I wouldn't share on.

How do you deal with that?

I just replied to him calling him a mad cunt.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Went into my notifications page just there, and this thread had had 14 posts, so when i clicked it like i usually would and be expected to go to the last post that would be new to me, it brought me to a page that said i had no authorization to be there. Had to go through the main page.
                                  Ya,I've no idea what this is about at the moment. I'll see if I can figure it out, but haven't looked yet. I know shraaaaap mentioned something like this recently too, but I have limited time to check these things out these days. Feel free to remind me again if I haven't mentioned it in a while.

Comment

What's this thing mean?
                                    It's the 'reputation' thingy, which is driven by likes and so on. In theory you can get negative points for things (mod actions mostly) and positive things. I have it set up very basically at the minute as it's a bit daft really. The 'levels' are defined by me,so I put about 2 seconds thought into a few words like 'ok, good, great, fantastic, stupendous' and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      So my workmate, a sound lad real good craic, get on great with him has been sending me a few BLM memes over Whatsapp. Ranging from mildly funny to kinda a bit, eh, racist.

'How to break up a BLM protest' with a kid shouting 'Are you my Dad?'. That sort of thing. Stuff I wouldn't share on.

Did you quietly lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Did you quietly lol
                                        One of them was that big black lad with the big cock photoshopped sitting on George Floyd.

Comment

One of them was that big black lad with the big cock photoshopped sitting on George Floyd.
                                          I got that one too.
                                          The dude was nice enough to be embarrassed about sending it
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

There isn't enough cringe left to go around,

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Only 45 minutes into it but been a good conversation so far with people of different viewpoints. Never heard of either of the guests before. She seems smart as a whip and already bitch slapped Joe a few times.

Comment

Ask him not to send you racist memes. Calling him a mad cunt is tacitly agreeing to take part in racist discourse.

Edit: Actually, just reading this is in the workplace. Are you his boss? That makes it much more severe.
                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 03-06-20, 22:51.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What's this thing mean?
                                                    What are your current thoughts on Trump? Do you feel you may have misjudged the man?

Comment

The version of this I saw had that lad (and his lad) sitting on the cop, not George Floyd, but the cop had been shopped into the place of George Floyd.

Comment

They are just jokes
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

What are your current thoughts on Trump? Do you feel you may have misjudged the man?
                                                          I have misjudged him. I really just thought he was driven by racism and white power/money , but he is so much more . Borderline Evil and the scary thing is not him but his followers .

Comment

why does this guy have an overbite here? Tren the same?

Comment

Man normal people delivered
                                                              Would it have gone as mental without covid?
                                                              best bit is Paul mescal turning o neills shorts into a fashion item

Comment

What do you think I've misjudged?

Comment

Some cunts out there, as if people didn't know

I was dropping supplies over to my Dad over the weekend and he lets slip he got a large phone bill. When I looked at the text from 3, it was for 175 quid. I thought that couldn't be right and said I'd check it out. Now, the amount isn't the issue, he can pay it but something didn't seem right to me on it.

I rang 3 and pretended to be my Dad and played dumb asking why the bill was so high. Turns out he's on a plan from way back, one that does exist anymore which is 150 minutes for about 55 quid a month and when he changed his phone recently, they kept him on the same plan. I tell them I want to change as there is better options out there but am told I'm locked into a two year contract so essentially tough luck.

I change tact at this point and tell them I'm not my Dad and I'm not happy about this only to be told they can't deal with me due to Data Privacy laws so I hand the phone to my Dad who tells them I am authorized to deal on his behalf. I let 3 know that Dad is in his late 70's, not really got the full faculties and that whoever worked in the shop where he changed his phone clearly took advantage of him by keeping him on a plan that no longer existed and that I wasn't going to let this lie.

All of a sudden the tone is changed and I'm asked if I can be put on hold. 10 minutes later, I'm told the bill will be a 90 quid refund to the bill and the plan will be changed to 350 minutes for 45 a month. I know there is better options out there but thought this was a decent result without having to try get the whole contract voided and starting elsewhere.

I tried to see if this was the 1st large bill he got but he swerved all questions and I think he was a bit embarrassed which annoyed me more.

Then just before I left, he says, it all about money this week, which has me worried. Turns out the lad that has been coming in to do a bit of gardening for my Dad has been coming back afterwards and asking for extra cash, not for the work done but coming out with sob stories . Dad claims he hasn't given him anything but I have my doubts.

I phoned your man today so he won't be asking for any more cash and he won't be doing any more work either.

Really bugs me that people try take advantage of elderly people

Rant over!
                                                                  fuck them!!!
                                                                  Ring them again, ask to speak the manager

"Hope you like free advertising lads because your about to get plenty"

Chat for a bit but be looking to hang up

My sister was trying to quit a phone contact years ago, they came on fairly heavy, she laughed and said see you in court... Last she heard of it!

They really don't need or want hassle so use that against them
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-06-20, 00:34.

Comment

Comment

Comment

What do you think I've misjudged?
                                                                        So that's a no? Serious question

Comment

The version of this I saw had that lad (and his lad) sitting on the cop, not George Floyd, but the cop had been shopped into the place of George Floyd.
                                                                          That's pretty funny imo, though I know it's 'too soon' for a lot of people. Any chance Lazare didn't notice the cops face had been pasted in?
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ask him not to send you racist memes. Calling him a mad cunt is tacitly agreeing to take part in racist discourse.

Edit: Actually, just reading this is in the workplace. Are you his boss? That makes it much more severe.
                                                                            The reason I called him a mad cunt is because, the thing is, he's black.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like hero0fwar.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Too late, Hector has already sacked him for racism.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

...

Comment

Space Force is a weird show. What a cast, and then they produce that? Has some decent shows after the first episode clusterfck, but nothing like it should be.
                                                                                      Have only watched the first few episodes and a couple of great one liners but pretty crap overall unfortunately

Comment

Space Force is a weird show. What a cast, and then they produce that? Has some decent shows after the first episode clusterfck, but nothing like it should be.
                                                                                        I thought it could be similar to Airplane! But I'm two eps from finishing it and I dunno, has bits of modern political satire with the trump Twitter thing, China and Russia, Carell trying maybe to continue his The Office character too much, had a line that reminded me of his Brick character in Anchorman too.

It's prob aiming for a multi season run, but I cant see the bigger cast staying unless it's silly money involved.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Comment

Does that change things?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                Only 45 minutes into it but been a good conversation so far with people of different viewpoints. Never heard of either of the guests before. She seems smart as a whip and already bitch slapped Joe a few times.

Her father Edward Ball is a physicist and mother Rose Marie Ball, a teacher. The name Krystal came from her father, a physicist who wrote his dissertation on crystals.

Comment

...

Comment

Does that change things?
                                                                                                    Totally.

The memes themselves could be classed as mildly racist, racist nonetheless. Racism or racist intent if I received them from a different friend, or if I shared them.

I don't consider it racist intent when a black guy shares it.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Like, surely there should be no difference to right or wrong if a black person did something vs a white person doing so? This is quite obviously so when it comes to crime etc but surely if it is incorrect for a white person to share a meme, racist or not, it should be equally incorrect for a black person to do so?

Comment

It's probably a bit of a sensitive time for whitey to start telling his black friend to not be racist. I'm nodding and grinning awkwardly for the duration of that one if it's me.

Comment

The most racist and xenophobic countries tend not be white ones....just an observation...
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                Like, surely there should be no difference to right or wrong if a black person did something vs a white person doing so? This is quite obviously so when it comes to crime etc but surely if it is incorrect for a white person to share a meme, racist or not, it should be equally incorrect for a black person to do so?
                                                                                                                I know how I feel if a local slags off the place versus when a Brit does it.

Comment

...

Comment

So that's a no? Serious question
                                                                                                                    it's a question? Just seemed like you had already filled in my answer. So was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                      It's almost as if context matters, right? Just like kicking someone in the balls.

Like, if I am on the ground with someone standing over me holding a knife and threatening to kill me I think I would be justified in kicking them in the balls.
                                                                                                                      If, however, I was walking down Grafton Street and saw a small boy with an ice-cream cone enjoying a walk with his mother, I would not be justified to administer the same ball-kicking.

It's almost as if the context in which people do things matters, right?

Like if I am a black man who faces racist slurs on a regular basis as well as having to deal with all sorts of unconscious biases that even the most right-on, equality for all people can't help but exhibit, then I think I get to choose what memes I want to use when the subject of the meme is my race, nationality etc.

But when someone who is a member of the group who most often is responsible for the racism decides that they want to use the same meme, well that could be problematic. Or, to put it another way, racist.

The same act is not the same thing no matter who does it. It's almost as if context matters, right?
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X