This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I thought there was a lot of social distancing at the protest. People have been inadvertently doing that at demos for years, in an attempt to make the crowd look bigger. I'd imagine a large proportion of the crowd could have been breaking the 5km rule, though I think it would be imprudent of the Gardai to try and enforce that.
    Any photo or video I've seen has had no social distancing at all. Especially up around the GPO and near the American embassy. Could hear Garda on loudspeakers asking people to stay apart, wasnt possible.

On your 2nd point, why isnt it prudent to enforce the 5k limit? Its either in play or it's not. Cant have one rule for some and another rule for the rest. I'd even suggest that if they did enforce the rule, it would have been easier for people to practice social distancing with less people involved.

Comment

Only 10 new cases today

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Any photo or video I've seen has had no social distancing at all. Especially up around the GPO and near the American embassy. Could hear Garda on loudspeakers asking people to stay apart, wasnt possible.

On your 2nd point, why isnt it prudent to enforce the 5k limit? Its either in play or it's not. Cant have one rule for some and another rule for the rest. I'd even suggest that if they did enforce the rule, it would have been easier for people to practice social distancing with less people involved.
        Seems it being looked at anyway https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...medium=twitter

Because thousands of people attended the event, Garda sources said it would be “unrealistic” to seek to prosecute all of them or even a very large number.
        Last edited by ComradeCollie; 02-06-20, 17:22.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Why is there no media or politicians condemning that protest in Dublin yesterday? And more planned for this weekend apparently. We are still in a phase of restricted movement and social distancing, none of which was evident at the protest. We're either enforcing it or not. If not, we .may as well open her up and get back to normal.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of the protest. I just disagree with the basic disregard of all restrictions and guidelines.

could be worse...

100% agree dublin march was stupid
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Any of my old comrades still knocking about?
            Last edited by Icarus152; 02-06-20, 17:26.
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
              Any of my old comrades till knocking about?
              Hi old pal!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Hi old pal!
                Up Kerry!

Comment

One of the good guys ! Welcome back, for however long...
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    One of the good guys ! Welcome back, for however long...
                    Ah my good buddy is here. What was that movie download thing we used to use for films in the old days? Here until I'm not :-)

Comment

Any of my old comrades still knocking about?
                      Good to see you mate. We need you as bait to bring the rigger back and I think we're set
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Good to see you mate. We need you as bait to bring the rigger back and I think we're set
                        He's busy with the new business.

Comment

what's Rigger at these days?
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                            what's Rigger at these days?
                            Some social inclusion thing involving an ice cream route in Tallaght.

Comment

Ah my good buddy is here. What was that movie download thing we used to use for films in the old days? Here until I'm not :-)
                              Was it a torrent client ? Its all about the streaming these days.

Still brewing ?
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Was it a torrent client ? Its all about the streaming these days.

Still brewing ?
                                Yeah, some client thing. Nah, working for the state these days, yourself?

Comment

The State

or

The Deep State?

how deep are you into this thing Icky
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The State

or

The Deep State?

how deep are you into this thing Icky
                                    Gemma O'Doherty's handler. Don't tell the lads.

Comment

Still helping the world to see, 20 years this October!
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Why the f**k not?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Still helping the world to see, 20 years this October!
                                          And no bother to you my good buddy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Hello! I have been intrigued by your tweets of random glimpses of places in Waterford. Well, intrigued that some people seem to get them...

Best thing is to just use utorrent and a decent VPN. Untraceable then. PureVPN is great.
                                              Remember the time you walked out of the pub wearing some other lads coat and it all nearly kicked off? I love you on Twitter by the way.

"Intrigued that some people seem to get them...". You bitch.

Comment

Always like a good surprise returning Royal Rumble entrant on IPB.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  Always like a good surprise returning Royal Rumble entrant on IPB.
                                                  You were one of my heroes when I was young.

Comment

Icky seeing as you're back and I'm back, should we do some werewolfing?
                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                      Icky seeing as you're back and I'm back, should we do some werewolfing?
                                                      You know I think that would be good craic. I'm bored out of my tree at the moment. Good to hear from you chief.

Comment

I've only hung around here all these years in the hope that you'd return some day Icky.

Welling up here.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Werewolf thread set up. I'll run it, if I remember how!!!
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            I've only hung around here all these years in the hope that you'd return some day Icky.

Welling up here.
                                                            **Brohug**

Comment

**Brohug**
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Back to save the world
                                                                  Jedward we have missed you

Comment

Dear father I'm having impure thoughts about Erin Burnett

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I was thinking about the American Midwest yesterday because I had to Google where Minnesota was. It's a huge area I know nothing about and have never been to. Can you say anything interesting about the people there?
                                                                          From this trip i doubt any miss America's have come from Wyoming.

​​​​

Being serious I really cannot , have not seen nor interacted with than three people each day.

Comment

Guy beside me in work is from Minnesota. Nice guy . Hatred for Hilary made him a Trump fan. He is very quiet on the subject these days . These looters doing Trump a favour eh.

Comment

Ohhhkay then

Comment

Epic. Best run-on sentence ever.
                                                                                “This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.” — Robert Hendrickson, Rector, Saint Philip’s in the Hills Episcopal Church

Comment

Looking for a bit of help in regard to personal branding, it's for work.

Obv more geared to people who know me well, be it on a work level ie if I have helped you with sky be it queries or selling, also on a non work level.

So I'm looking for constructive criticism and obviously compliments lol

I need to feed this back by Friday.

I'd greatly appreciate it via pm or here whatever.

Thanks in advance
                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Is there anyone here versed in art or graphic design?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Obv more geared to people who know me well, be it on a work level ie if I have helped you with sky be it queries or selling, also on a non work level.

Thanks in advance
                                                                                      Looks good Michelle. Apart from having Honest and Fair in twice. Also,I would change Consistency to Consistent so that the piece is consistent in tense. For the same reason I'm not sure about conviction but equally I'm not sure what to replace it with if you're sticking to one word.

Comment

Thanks in advance
                                                                                        Gregarious.
                                                                                        Determined.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post

Looks good Michelle. Apart from having Honest and Fair in twice. Also,I would change Consistency to Consistent so that the piece is consistent in tense. For the same reason I'm not sure about conviction but equally I'm not sure what to replace it with if you're sticking to one word.
                                                                                          That wasn't about me, that was just a pic I screen shotted taken from the con call earlier, we were discussing branding. So took pic to give ye an idea, if you get me
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Gregarious.
                                                                                            Determined.
                                                                                            Had to Google gregarious hoping it wasn't too bad. Thanks a mil. I'll pop in my notes.!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

That wasn't about me, that was just a pic I screen shotted taken from the con call earlier, we were discussing branding. So took pic to give ye an idea, if you get me
                                                                                              Ah fair enough. Got the wrong end of the stick. Pick some of those out and add a few of your own so. Gregarious is good. Problem solver always looks good on these things too.

Comment

Thanks in advance

"And that's why I should get both the parachutes"

Just a couple

substitute unpretentious with genuine
                                                                                                substitute visionary with strategic thinker

add Active listener
                                                                                                add Empathetic (maybe in place of people person)

do you have organised in?

Group them in similarity or have a few starting with the same letter for extra punch

Does it have to be these single words or can you do a paragraph.

"A determined sales strategist I enjoy motivating and leading my team to excel" type thing

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

"And that's why I should get both the parachutes"

Just a couple

substitute unpretentious with genuine
                                                                                                    substitute visionary with strategic thinker

add Active listener
                                                                                                    add Empathetic (maybe in place of people person)

do you have organised in?

Group them in similarity or have a few starting with the same letter for extra punch

Does it have to be these single words or can you do a paragraph.

"A determined sales strategist I enjoy motivating and leading my team to excel" type thing
                                                                                                    No its just what others, think of me so basically I've no input, so anyone here that knows me very well or a few, have actually been at my work place that I have sold to. So basically it's you that has to tell me what you think of me. I asked one of my managers she said "Your authentic, loyal, motivating and passionate."

I asked my old manager who said I was not passionate, that I'm quite flexible with my feelings.

So they are from managers, point of views, so I'd like a few from friends and customers etc.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Replace bat shit crazy with stir crazy - both corona linked but remove the bat part as it's the culprit .

Comment

straight-talking, empathetic, passionate, fun, honest, excited
                                                                                                        This is perfect again my longest manager was laughing at new manager saying passionate. She goes, ah cmon often heard you under your breath ffs when you'd see a certain type of customer coming near you and then you'd be up others holes, type of thing lol
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

This is perfect again my longest manager was laughing at new manager saying passionate. She goes, ah cmon often heard you under your breath ffs when you'd see a certain type of customer coming near you and then you'd be up others holes, type of thing lol
                                                                                                          Ah perfect..

Time efficient and discerning!

Comment

straight-talking, empathetic, passionate, fun, honest, excited
                                                                                                            "Ruthless, scheming, selfish, vicious ass-licking sociopath"

Those are traits that'll get you places, never mind this nicey-nicey bullshit.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

"Ruthless, scheming, selfish, vicious ass-licking sociopath"

Those are traits that'll get you places, never mind this nicey-nicey bullshit.
                                                                                                              I will also be quoting this on Fridays, call
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Former CEO of the DSPCA...

"she killed them with kindness"

Comment

Omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, omniversal, omnibenevolent, sovereign, immutable.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on the Oculus Quest. Nothing like something being constantly out of stock to give you a bit of FOMO when stock becomes available. Most likely will become a dust collector after the first month.

Comment

Some cunts out there, as if people didn't know

I was dropping supplies over to my Dad over the weekend and he lets slip he got a large phone bill. When I looked at the text from 3, it was for 175 quid. I thought that couldn't be right and said I'd check it out. Now, the amount isn't the issue, he can pay it but something didn't seem right to me on it.

I rang 3 and pretended to be my Dad and played dumb asking why the bill was so high. Turns out he's on a plan from way back, one that does exist anymore which is 150 minutes for about 55 quid a month and when he changed his phone recently, they kept him on the same plan. I tell them I want to change as there is better options out there but am told I'm locked into a two year contract so essentially tough luck.

I change tact at this point and tell them I'm not my Dad and I'm not happy about this only to be told they can't deal with me due to Data Privacy laws so I hand the phone to my Dad who tells them I am authorized to deal on his behalf. I let 3 know that Dad is in his late 70's, not really got the full faculties and that whoever worked in the shop where he changed his phone clearly took advantage of him by keeping him on a plan that no longer existed and that I wasn't going to let this lie.

All of a sudden the tone is changed and I'm asked if I can be put on hold. 10 minutes later, I'm told the bill will be a 90 quid refund to the bill and the plan will be changed to 350 minutes for 45 a month. I know there is better options out there but thought this was a decent result without having to try get the whole contract voided and starting elsewhere.

I tried to see if this was the 1st large bill he got but he swerved all questions and I think he was a bit embarrassed which annoyed me more.

Then just before I left, he says, it all about money this week, which has me worried. Turns out the lad that has been coming in to do a bit of gardening for my Dad has been coming back afterwards and asking for extra cash, not for the work done but coming out with sob stories . Dad claims he hasn't given him anything but I have my doubts.

I phoned your man today so he won't be asking for any more cash and he won't be doing any more work either.

Really bugs me that people try take advantage of elderly people

Rant over!

Comment

Might be worth a letter? The fact they didn't try to move his plan is disgraceful. Did he even get a phone worthy of such a contract length? I doubt he needs a phone like that either way.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 03-06-20, 20:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X