This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I think Biden is actually fairly smart in debates. He's a longstanding toughguy brawler of a debater when challenged, but with a bit of intellectualism. Exactly what is needed against Trump with his machoism. I suspect we'll actually see Trump quite challenged in the debates. Can see from Biden's twitter that he is adopting an absolute take no prisoners approach. I wouldn't put a penny on him winning obv, but think we're going to be surprised. Sleepy Joe only works as a name until he roars into a debate and then the whole facade tumbles down. Unlike lyin' Hillary it's quite an easy moniker to disprove even if he needs to be given adrenaline shots before every debate.
    He's got early stage dementia / Alzheimer's man. There is no miraculous turnaround ahead, and whatever man / politician he might have been a decade ago is irrelevant.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

In fairness, you need to hear both sides of a story before making up your mind

So, he was in his car and 2 black guys attacked him
      “Deja vu from Amy Cooper. Watch as this man who pulled out a bow on protestors lies all over @fox13 news in SLC. As many have said what happens when no one is there to record #GeorgeFloydWasMurdered (I've collected footage from @DosRivers, @Gingersonfire & jaxcino from Instagram) https://t.co/TNGKcfExmQ”

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I made a bollox of it. Will go again though.
        Where did it go wrong? I am a big fan of the sous vide for rib-eye steaks and such but was debating about the reverse sear for a bigger joint
        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

This is a few days old, but just for anyone that missed it

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            I have commenced the reverse sear of a 4lb Carvary Rib. I'm looking forward to later.
            Cooking a picanha today, will do it as a whole roast rather than slice it into steaks and skewer them.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

I found this facebook post which has gone viral quite though-provoking.
              Basically a black man who always makes sure to have one of his daughters with him 'for protection' when he goes for a walk.
              As without them he changes from 'father taking kids for walk' into '6 foot tall, tough looking black man in mask walking through affluent neighbourhood'.

Comment

Dragon currently meeting up with ISS

Comment

So...errr... Anonymous are back...

Comment

Holy hell. Tony Blair, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Jackson, Chris Evans, Liz Hurley and Kevin Spacey among the names released by anonymous. Trump in serious, serious trouble now.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                      Holy hell. Tony Blair, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Jackson, Chris Evans, Liz Hurley and Kevin Spacey among the names released by anonymous. Trump in serious, serious trouble now.
                      Any chance you could explain what this means?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Any chance you could explain what this means?
                        The post previous to mine, anonymous released a bunch of Harvey Weinstein documents. All those names in it. They also released stuff as regards Trump being involved in the child trafficking.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Holy fucking shit
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

America is done.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Irish Sea is surprisingly warm today. Two quite lengthy dips that turned out to be enjoyed rather than endured.

The presence of a party of Brazilian ladies was a welcome addition to the local fauna.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                I found this facebook post which has gone viral quite though-provoking.
                                Basically a black man who always makes sure to have one of his daughters with him 'for protection' when he goes for a walk.
                                As without them he changes from 'father taking kids for walk' into '6 foot tall, tough looking black man in mask walking through affluent neighbourhood'.
                                My niece lives in Omaha Nebraska about as middle America as you can get , that that's more or less the exact experience here husband lives. For the last few years, since Trump made racism an acceptable norm and also they had a baby her husband doesn't feel safe to walk or drive on his own out of an entirely rational fear that his life is in danger he would be pulled over by the police. Extraordinarily fucked up society, something has got to give

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have seen a couple of videos today from different cities of the police arresting and restraining protesters.

What do they do? Straight in with the knee to the neck.
                                  ​​​

Comment

The post previous to mine, anonymous released a bunch of Harvey Weinstein documents. All those names in it. They also released stuff as regards Trump being involved in the child trafficking.
                                    Epstein, not weinstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Epstein, not weinstein
                                      Any reason to believe any of it? TBH even if Trump was proven to be a paedo, it wouldn't lower my opinion of him.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Cooking a picanha today, will do it as a whole roast rather than slice it into steaks and skewer them.
                                        Where did you pick up the picanha? I'm looking for some myself but there's none available locally .

Picked up a small Weber recently. Needless to say it's in daily use.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I see Damian Thorn is continuing to unite America. .

I understand racism come from fear to some degree . I cant possibly see how even the most pig ignorant KKK kunt GRand Wizardcan actually believe they are superior in any way other than privilege. A privilege they earn from skin pigment???. It's something I've never understood . If anything they should feel guilty for the horrific history their kind has inflicted on their fellow man. Even the master race devil himself saw Jesse Owen's display a humble display of supremacy. That must have clogged his craw.

I'm sun/heat ranting. Ignore.

Comment

Might cheer you up CC

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              Ah, I'd already seen that, though clicking on a facebook link makes me sad

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Any reason to believe any of it? TBH even if Trump was proven to be a paedo, it wouldn't lower my opinion of him.
                                                I don't really understand the leak.
                                                There's nothing in it that I haven't seen elsewhere months or years ago.
                                                The black book was done months ago and the civil suit related to the accusations was well reported on at the time. Maybe more detailed now?
                                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Walked the canal towpath from Castleknock to Maynooth this afternoon, pretty incredible that you can do such a journey without having to go near a road. Apparently it continues on in the same way to Longford. Bit of a hidden gem (well, I'd never known about it anyway)
                                                  Would definitely recommend as something to do for D15s either walking a few sections or cycling a longer stretch. Maybe skip the Castleknock to Clonsilla section if cycling or with toddlers, its the only slightly dangerous part where the path is single file with a big drop.

Comment

I seem to mislaid all forms of summer headgear except a cap that has this logo on it:
                                                    LoveAusPrawns_HorizontalCMYK-transparent-300x97.png
                                                    I feel this, combined with my lengthening hair and deepening tan, gives me somewhat of a buccaneering look.

I think the most interesting thing about this cap is not that it is declarative ("I love Australian prawns!") but rather takes the form of an order or commandment ("love Australian prawns, saith The Lord, or at least Bob Hawke"). It also piques my curiosity as to where the fuck I acquired this fine headpiece.

Life is a mystery. The world is my country.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Quiz: name as many of Austin Powers' female conquests as you can.

I got two.
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      Alotta Fagina
                                                      Vanessa Kensington
                                                      Felicity Shagwell
                                                      Robin Swallows
                                                      Ivana Humpalot
                                                      Assorted fembots

actually not all that far off the real Bond movies

Comment

I don't really understand the leak.
                                                        There's nothing in it that I haven't seen elsewhere months or years ago.
                                                        The black book was done months ago and the civil suit related to the accusations was well reported on at the time. Maybe more detailed now?
                                                        ​​​​​​
                                                        Me neither. Were the payments from Cohen (on behalf of Trump) to parents over rape accusations of their children out before? It was new to me.

Comment

Was just starting to enjoy wasting time playing poker again when it kicks you square in the nuts twice in less than 2 minutes with a couple of runner-runner flushes

Does that count as a vent?

Comment

Me neither. Were the payments from Cohen (on behalf of Trump) to parents over rape accusations of their children out before? It was new to me.
                                                            #opDeathEaters were saying all this stuff years ago.
                                                            This is a transcript and audio of what I said at the Whistleblowing  panel that was censored by the Oxford Union. I was informed by Oxford Union bursar Lindsay Warne that the Standing Committee and…

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Where did you pick up the picanha? I'm looking for some myself but there's none available locally .

Picked up a small Weber recently. Needless to say it's in daily use.

Brazilian shop here in Limerick. After I had it cooked I found out the meat had been recalled since Friday, i got it Thursday, a labeling issue more than a food safety issue...I hope...

Around 10 mins over direct heat to render out some fat from the cap, then 45 indirect till med rare.

IMG-20200531-180346.jpg

IMG-20200531-191026.jpg

IMG-20200531-194048.jpg

IMG-20200531-194401.jpg

IMG-20200531-194454.jpg

Pics have it darker than it was, was very tender for such a lean cut when cut across the grain, melt in the mouth.

Dom..5 pic limit...that wont do....
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

This is a fun and thought provoking read..
                                                                Last edited by Lazare; 31-05-20, 22:28.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

http://www.johnnycashhasbeeneverywhere.com
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini....co/Esg9JReLUn

This is also a good read

Comment

Vale Michael Angelis is dead.

You mightn't know his name but you'll probably recognise his face or voice.
                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-06-20, 11:26.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                          Was just starting to enjoy wasting time playing poker again when it kicks you square in the nuts twice in less than 2 minutes with a couple of runner-runner flushes

Does that count as a vent?
                                                                          Kindly desist from derailing this thread from it's true purpose.
                                                                          If you must vent about poker bad beats I'm sure there are internet sites
                                                                          out there somewhere which were intended for just such a purpose.

Comment

Absolute chaos in the US.
                                                                            Journalists shot, mass looting, trucks plowing through crowds, soldiers on the street.
                                                                            Insane stuff

Comment

Absolute chaos in the US.
                                                                              Journalists shot, mass looting, trucks plowing through crowds, soldiers on the street.
                                                                              Insane stuff
                                                                              Where are you getting your updates/news?
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Where are you getting your updates/news?
                                                                                Twitter mostly. Watching CNN at the moment.
                                                                                Something is about to go down in santa Monica.

Proud boys (alt right) in to cause shit and blame antifa

I've seen dozens of events like this today...

Here's the truck hitting the crowd
                                                                                https://kstp.com/news/marchers-on-th...5747223/?cat=1
                                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 31-05-20, 23:47.

Comment

Is this a normal convo with your 15 yr old..technically only turned 15 last month . She's currently obsessed with the black guy being murdered. Day 3 now on about it. This convo other night. Quite like her intelligece for a young girl apart from she spotted a can with watermelon on it said nothing else. Was watermelon with rum supervalu, I was watering flowers and came back to sit down she had drank half the can. Oh that's fab she goes. I go Mia ffs that's rum lol, I said omg you will be puking for night and your first hangover on morning. So she had her first taste of alcohol. The marketing on. Them cans is so wrong and no taste of alcohol and 5.5 %... Ah fuck it. We handled it well,
                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                  This gallery has 4 photos.
                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 01-06-20, 00:08.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

You reminded me of this post.

vmc4umyzvhy41.png

Comment

Getting heated at the WhiteHouse

Comment

They've already fired two of those officers, and put another two on desk duty pending investigation. I'd originally seen it from a camera on the drivers side and I thought it was going to be a lot worse. He refused to follow instruction several times. Really don't think there was anything excessive about the amount of force used.

Edit: Don't know why that post is a link to a tweet.
                                                                                        Last edited by ComradeCollie; 01-06-20, 06:23.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          Is this a normal convo with your 15 yr old..technically only turned 15 last month . She's currently obsessed with the black guy being murdered. Day 3 now on about it. This convo other night. Quite like her intelligece for a young girl apart from she spotted a can with watermelon on it said nothing else. Was watermelon with rum supervalu, I was watering flowers and came back to sit down she had drank half the can. Oh that's fab she goes. I go Mia ffs that's rum lol, I said omg you will be puking for night and your first hangover on morning. So she had her first taste of alcohol. The marketing on. Them cans is so wrong and no taste of alcohol and 5.5 %... Ah fuck it. We handled it well,
                                                                                          You might want to fact check her all the same. Can't see where he murdered, or even killed anybody, other than Floyd.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Changed to 10 now.

Comment

Oh that's fab she goes. I go Mia ffs that's rum lol, I said omg you will be puking for night and your first hangover on morning. So she had her first taste of alcohol. The marketing on. Them cans is so wrong and no taste of alcohol and 5.5 %... Ah fuck it. We handled it well,
                                                                                              When were you planning on letting her drink at home? I know I was allowed drink beer at home from 15, though I would have had to buy my own. Not saying 'it did me no harm', but pretty sure it was no worse an outcome than my elder brothers who would have had a less liberal treatment.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  You might want to fact check her all the same. Can't see where he murdered, or even killed anybody, other than Floyd.
                                                                                                  Agree with this. I think her interest in current affairs is obviously a good thing but it's important that everyone gets better at checking sources and recognising bad information.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

GAB ahead of his time

Comment

When were you planning on letting her drink at home? I know I was allowed drink beer at home from 15, though I would have had to buy my own. Not saying 'it did me no harm', but pretty sure it was no worse an outcome than my elder brothers who would have had a less liberal treatment.
                                                                                                      The plan was, I was going to allow her have a drink on a family holiday for my birthday this month same as I did with eldest at exact same time 10 yrs ago. I made sangria yesterday eve asked her would she like a glass she said no. I'd imagine I have her turned off drink for life lol

Must pull her up now too on her fact finding!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Looking to get a new chromebook. Cheapest place to get one or similar recommendations? Prefer to keep it all google.

Comment

Brazilian shop here in Limerick. After I had it cooked I found out the meat had been recalled since Friday, i got it Thursday, a labeling issue more than a food safety issue...I hope...

Around 10 mins over direct heat to render out some fat from the cap, then 45 indirect till med rare.

Pics have it darker than it was, was very tender for such a lean cut when cut across the grain, melt in the mouth.

Pretty sure I bought meat from the same supplier in a Brazilian shop in the past but the labels were different. Next time you're back there, pick up some of their sausage - linguica (sounds like "ling-gwee-sah"). Either linguica calabresa or linguica toscana. Calabresa is smokey and spicier iirc. They're both fantastic with a lovely chunky and fatty consistency. Every Brazilian bbq starts with linguica while the beef is cooking. The nearest shop is about 20km away so waiting for phase 2 restrictions to lift before I can drive there.

That's a beautiful piece of meat and a nice smoke ring too. Picanha is a fantastic cut and great value imo, just a pity its not widely available here. I had pork picanha on my last night in Brazil which was quite a treat.

Do you have an electric rotisserie for when you skewer the steaks?

Comment

Must pull her up now too on her fact finding!
                                                                                                            Definite a good thing that she is taking an interest. But I'd agree with the above, that there needs to be some fact checking ad critical thought rather than accepting what ever is said on twitter.
                                                                                                            For a start, 3rd Degree Murder is a max of 25 years, with the guideline being 12.5years.
                                                                                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates#Minnesota

I'd probably ask her what the difference is between 1st and 3rd Degree murder. Why she thinks it should be 1st Degree murder, etc. Get to to think through her reasoning.

I've seen a lot of outrage about the 3rd degree charge, but I kinda assume they don't really understand that it means and it's faux outrage that he's getting off with a lessor charge.
                                                                                                            It wasn't premeditated. It was hardly intentional with camera in his face. Fairly clear cut imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              I've seen a lot of outrage about the 3rd degree charge, but I kinda assume they don't really understand that it means and it's faux outrage that he's getting off with a lessor charge.
                                                                                                              It wasn't premeditated. It was hardly intentional with camera in his face. Fairly clear cut imo.
                                                                                                              Not intentional.would be manslaughter surely?

I think the fact that he stayed on his neck when pleaded with to get off and even after he was out cold adds to it. We're past the stage where he's not intending to do serious damage to the victim.

Comment

Definite a good thing that she is taking an interest. But I'd agree with the above, that there needs to be some fact checking ad critical thought rather than accepting what ever is said on twitter.
                                                                                                                For a start, 3rd Degree Murder is a max of 25 years, with the guideline being 12.5years.
                                                                                                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates#Minnesota

I'd probably ask her what the difference is between 1st and 3rd Degree murder. Why she thinks it should be 1st Degree murder, etc. Get to to think through her reasoning.

Teenagers don't do facts or reason.

Just had two boys calling to the house looking for teenage daughter. That's a first.
                                                                                                                Thankfully she was not in, so I got their names and warned them they would be killed slowly and painfully if they ever returned.

Comment

Nope. The charge is 3rd degree murder.

I think the fact that he stayed on his neck when pleaded with to get off and even after he was out cold adds to it. We're past the stage where he's not intending to do serious damage to the victim.
                                                                                                                  Do you think he intentional remained kneeling on his neck in order to kill him. Not to hurt him, to injure him, without regard. Specifically, to maliciously end his life, on purpose, while people watched and recorded it.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 01-06-20, 13:53.

Comment

8 hours of live snooker on ITV 4 now. Close the curtains!

Comment

No manslaughter in the states I don’t think.

1st degree : planned and premeditated intent to kill.
                                                                                                                      2nd degree : instantaneous intent to kill
                                                                                                                      3rd Degree : intent to hurt, not to kill, but killed in process.

My very basic understanding of it.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Teenagers don't do facts or reason.

Just had two boys calling to the house looking for teenage daughter. That's a first.
                                                                                                                        Thankfully she was not in, so I got their names and warned them they would be killed slowly and painfully if they ever returned.
                                                                                                                        You should have gotten their numbers and sent them Tren to show just how serious this threat is.

Comment

Nope. The charge is 3rd degree murder.

Do you think he intentional remained kneeling on his neck in order to kill him. Not to hurt him, to injure him, without regard. Specifically, to maliciously end his life, on purpose, while people watched and recorded it.
                                                                                                                          I'm of the opinion that he didn't need to stay on his neck. He was doing damage when there was no threat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X