Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Can someone make that bigger ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Thats what she said.

Comment

sure

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
            30 mins late was a deliberate message I suspect. they certainly didn't spend the time coming up with a good cover story for his wife's birthday day out to the castle.
            Polling today indicates Johnson has lost 20 points in approval rates over the scandal. 59% of the electorate now believe Cummings should resign, up from 52% before yesterday’s briefing. That includes 46% of Tory voters (46% believe he should stay) and 52% of leave voters.

First rule of PR: do something quickly if you’re going to have to do it eventually.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Photo's seem to just print a thumbnail preview now, but you can click into them and they are proper size.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Photo's seem to just print a thumbnail preview now, but you can click into them and they are proper size.
                I think it is something to do with making pages load faster or something, depending on the way they are added. Same with youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

whats the rule of 8?
                  Rule of 7, i.e. above an imdb rating of 7/10 for movies, becomes 8 for tv shows. Anything that scores below usually ends of being a bit shite at best
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

sure
                    I only wanted THAT Bigger , not the whole sentence

Comment

I saw a TikTok yesterday of a Chinese girl wondering how when she was in the US she wasn't viewed as white* when she (and the majority of Chinese people) are clearly whiter than 'white people'. How did that come about in society?

* I should add in her defence she wasn't viewing this as a loss but rather a weird colour blindness.
                      That girl has obviously never come across me! I don't think there are many people that can say they are whiter!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Basically a series remake of it (from what I could tell from the trailer).
                        Producer of Parasite if that helps too.
                        FWIW, I liked the film
                        The film started off good. concept was good.

but fell apart towards the end. Ended up being some massive plot joke that bugged me.

although 7.1 IMDB just scrapes it.
                        Last edited by Mellor; 26-05-20, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Quick finger tally thus far looks like 350k buyins combined with 300k cashes and both looking at a score in different 10ks later tonight to add to that to be either breakeven total up to 400k in profit should both ship.

There are 2 x $10ks and 1 x $25k all with one re-entry each every day till next Monday which also has a $100k buyin finale.
                          Lot of action.

Comment

JK Rowling releasing a new childrens book for free over the next few weeks, first couple of chapters up on her website.

Comment

Wife is listening to a Sopranos podcast, guy that plays Christopher hosts it. She told me she heard a good one on it the other night.

'Christopher' was saying on it that back in the day they used to hang out in Vegas with some of the Chicago Bulls.

Said Scotty was so stingey his nickname was Scotty no tippin Pippin.

Gave me a good laugh
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Listening to that meself, Michael has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Cinema and Acting must say. Was gonna go see them in the Bord Gais, Every time i Rewatch the Sopranos and the Wire I enjoy them more and more.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Listening to that meself, Michael has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Cinema and Acting must say. Was gonna go see them in the Bord Gais, Every time i Rewatch the Sopranos and the Wire I enjoy them more and more.
                                  Haven't been listening to it myself, but mean to. What was the Bord Gáis thing?
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

SCOOP stake here (just in case people can't see it on the new website layout)

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...rs#post1663435
                                    Last edited by TheJiggaman; 26-05-20, 18:00.

Comment

they were coming to do a live show along same lines as the podcast. Stories from the Set, Q&A etc

Comment

Just done with ZeroZeroZero which 8.2 on IMDB, only 8 episodes, well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Weather for coming week and more gonna be fab.
                                          I am loving this!!

Aluminium and polyrattan. Stepless chair back and leg rest adjustment. Incl. luxury cushion with durable, structure-woven cover. W66 x H102 x D78 cm.

I have purchased a few bits from jysk and the quality is unbelievable.

So fuck it just purchased
                                          very happy indeed , bit of sky Go on the Chromebook , large G&T, no blanket required . Birds singing , nice and warm evening.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I'm trying to change some stuff in my CP and keep getting this message:

You have chosen not to accept the user privacy and data policies, so registration cannot continue.

Check the box if you want to agree with the user privacy and data policies.

WTF is that all about? Where's the fucking box?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                              I'm trying to change some stuff in my CP and keep getting this message:

You have chosen not to accept the user privacy and data policies, so registration cannot continue.

Check the box if you want to agree with the user privacy and data policies.

WTF is that all about? Where's the fucking box?
                                              Login via Chome incognito and sign in and it sorts it.
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Cheers, did it via firefox private window. Pain in hole but meh

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Brothers wife has been rehired off COVID-job-pay and back next week, so I guess something is happening.
                                                      Made more today than last 9 weeks combined!

Comment

Trump lost his mind? Seems his Twitter is down?

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Do all of ye know when you are going back to work yet?
                                                          No. Got email from HR saying be patient. Phone call from boss saying they were bringing people back in phases to train people into the new practices.

Fingers crossed for 2nd week of June. Have been applying for WFH jobs but no luck.

Comment

Still 5/2 about Cummings being gone by Monday.... date might be tight if they try to see if they can hold over the weekend but between the numbers in the Daily Mail poll and the Kruger memo he looks to be dead in the water.
                                                            You can feel the seething anger and genuine frustration of the general public who are personally offended by his behaviour. As they start contact tracing and self isolation next week people will die as a direct result of him not being fired because plenty will argue the Cummings Defence, claim that they are special and theirs are exceptional circumstances and do what they want.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Been working the whole time as normal. Probably 95% remote. A few days on site where I needed to be hands on. Its a manufacturing company and we only shut briefly when lock down started. Huge part of the business is dead and gone for the foreseeable imo - automotive sector.

Covid payment and top up from employer so currently getting 10% extra on top based on tax rebates from what I understand. I think it's likely to see a significant headcount reduction followed by 3 or 4 day week once the subsidies dry up. For me the first month was mental trying to support everyone working remotely. Last month has been slower.

Comment

DCU seem fairly content to never open again.

Comment

Hearing either mid Aug / early Sept for me, but am WFH in the meantime doing 4 days a week (my choice). Happy enough with that tbh.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I was supposed to be back from 1st June. 1/3 of staff back in office.
                                                                    But building management refused to allow use of the firestairs, and only 2 people per lift. So that was shelved.
                                                                    I think 10 staff who were struggling with WFH are going back.

Comment

Corona Virus claims a black belt. Chuck Norris, Dead at 80.

Carlos Ray “Chuck” Norris, famous actor and fighter, died yesterday afternoon at his home in Northwood Hills, TX at the age of 80.

Chuck Starred in dozens of movies and Tv series which have, and continue to entertain millions of people.

He was also a master of martial arts, which was the cause of his initial fame in the movie industry.

However, after his minor inconvenience of death, Chuck has made a full recovery, and is reported to be doing quite well.

It has also been reported that the Corona virus is in self isolation for 14 days due to being exposed to Chuck Norris

Comment

October 1st at the earliest
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Scrambled eggs tip: Add a bit of garlic puree into the mix. A game changer.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

October 1st at the earliest
                                                                            Yeah got the same nod from our crowd. Even though i knew it. Was tough hearing it. Was only WFH for two months and told there was another 4.5 months coming. Yuk

Comment

Will be doing 1 or max 2 days in the office for the foreseeable but August I think is when they are saying we can go into the office.

Used to commute from Maynooth on the train but with social distancing they are I would estimate at 10% of rush hour capacity. Will need to drive in to the IFSC with much busier roads as public transport will be unusable under current rules and people will have to drive.

Really missing "late lunches"

Comment

As I mentioned before my crowd have signalled they are likely to accommodate if not encourage flexible arrangements going forward. They've said they're going to lag governments/local directives in terms of reopening and that anyone who wishes will be able to work from home for the remainder of the year. My own manager also said he's supportive of people working mostly from home long term as well.

I know a lot of people are anxious to get back to the office but for me this has been great. My intention is to stay at home through the end of the year regardless of what the office situation is in order to get everyone used to the idea of me not being around and then formalising that whenever the need arises. In terms of just working we've been up the walls all along, so I suppose this will have been a good proof on concept.

Comment

I reckon 3 weeks and then I will be sweeping my fringe out of my eyeline

Might start learning new extravagant head-tossing moves today to transition to this new look
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can't go back to the office until school\childcare returns so 3 more months of this bullshit.

And I literally can't take a day off until mid-July (culmination of my reason for corporate existence). Odds on who snaps first are pretty tight - me\kids\dog\neighbours

Comment

I might need to go into the office this week or next to look at a particular issue that needs someone there to do but while we are talking about opening the office in July I can't see many wanting to go back anytime soon, most of the lads that were resistant to WFH before are now big fans and those who always wanted to do more of it will find it hard to come back in when its not really necessary. As far as I can see the only people under any pressure are those who have school age kids.
                                                                                      I'm WFH on bogband, not even fibre, on a machine in the Far East that is connected by a mobile phone hotspot to a laptop with a remote desktop connection...There must be at least eight separate connections in play from end to end plus I have our lads on MSTeams and the customer pressing the buttons there on skype and whatsapp with video when necessary and while some bits can be a bit difficult it is all working reasonably smoothly.
                                                                                      Up until somewhere about 18 months ago there was no way I could have got a job like done without flying out there, with a total trip cost probably well north of 10K and this is the third similar job I've been able to dodge a trip on this year. Because of the time difference they wanted us to start as early as possible so I was able to crawl out of bed at 6 and get straight to work with them which with even the best will in the world would have been close to 9 I'd be getting going with them if I had to drive in.
                                                                                      The downside is far fewer free trips to exotic places but hey I'm at home for a scorcher of a bank holiday weekend and the only place I'd rather be is London with the Grandchild and certainly not the arse end of Myanmar however exciting it sounds.
                                                                                      We will have to travel to customers again when its possible but it will be mostly sales people and even they will be spending a fraction of the millions that were going out on planes and hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        most of the lads that were resistant to WFH before are now big fans and those who always wanted to do more of it will find it hard to come back in when its not really necessary. As far as I can see the only people under any pressure are those who have school age kids.
                                                                                        This is the big thing here. I've had colleagues who routinely refused company laptops and phones in the past. Their excuse was so they could always bolt out the door at 4.30pm and forget about work which is fair enough. I don't like logging in to fix stuff out of hours either. Now these people have accepted there's been a paradigm shift in the nature of work and love the flexibility afforded by WFH. "I will never ever work a 5 day week in the office again" has become their new mission statement.

Comment

I have found it has forced people to be more organised and communicate better. Have been banging on for years about having proper meeting agendas, preparing a little in advance, using Teams to pull people in for their relevant 10 mins rather than a mostly useless hour in a bored-room. Teams being able to record and transcribe the meetings is a gold feature as well, FOMO a lot less as a result, and so easier to schedule if don't have to juggle as many calenders.
                                                                                          The Directors are all in full flow now about all these same things, also how productivity was measured has become a lot better for both employees and managers. Forcing both sides to agree on goals and short/medium/long term commitments leaves little room for misunderstandings. Shows up very clearly too the signal-to-noise ratio on the high profile mouths vs the quietly effective people.

Comment

I have found it has forced people to be more organised and communicate better. Have been banging on for years about having proper meeting agendas, preparing a little in advance, using Teams to pull people in for their relevant 10 mins rather than a mostly useless hour in a bored-room. Teams being able to record and transcribe the meetings is a gold feature as well, FOMO a lot less as a result, and so easier to schedule if don't have to juggle as many calenders.
                                                                                            The Directors are all in full flow now about all these same things, also how productivity was measured has become a lot better for both employees and managers. Forcing both sides to agree on goals and short/medium/long term commitments leaves little room for misunderstandings. Shows up very clearly too the signal-to-noise ratio on the high profile mouths vs the quietly effective people.
                                                                                            100% our meetings starting on time and more efficient. 15 mins of nonsense chat out of blowhards at the beginning or towards the end has been eliminated. People mostly seem to join and then drop off promptly.

One thing I wonder a lot about is how dispersed teams will interact socially or bond in the future. Building loyalty, good culture and rapport will be very different. Especially when dealing with new hires. I'm now only dealing with a fraction of social interactions while WFH. Whereas there would be plenty of unavoidable water cooler type catch-ups if I was in the office. In my career I've always found investing in the few mins of informal of chat has paid off wonders in favours or getting backing down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Lot of action.
                                                                                              Couple min cashes in last nights Day 2s to draw even but then $90k in buyins last night dust.

Comment

Working from home full time would be great if the kids would just piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

100% our meetings starting on time and more efficient. 15 mins of nonsense chat out of blowhards at the beginning or towards the end has been eliminated. People mostly seem to join and then drop off promptly.

One thing I wonder a lot about is how dispersed teams will interact socially or bond in the future. Building loyalty, good culture and rapport will be very different. Especially when dealing with new hires. I'm now only dealing with a fraction of social interactions while WFH. Whereas there would be plenty of unavoidable water cooler type catch-ups if I was in the office. In my career I've always found investing in the few mins of informal of chat has paid off wonders in favours or getting backing down the road.
                                                                                                  Will be a big problem for staff retention, a lot of issues get resolved over a cup of coffee but without it small issues will be magnified on one side and completely missed on the other. The other issue will be that collaboration for more creative projects where just chatting over a coffee can give you that initial nugget of an idea.

Companies will start to look at this when deciding on where to base projects and investment in time - will need to make sure that NPHET don't get to tip the balance to far in the conservative side for too long IMO

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Working from home full time would be great if the kids would just piss off.
                                                                                                    Isn't Mrs 6star a teacher? Fully paid, no work - sounds ideal

Comment

...
                                                                                                      Occupied by the School of Theoretical Physics at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, the building will join the Record of Protected Structures.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Isn't Mrs 6star a teacher? Fully paid, no work - sounds ideal
                                                                                                          Slight flaw in that being that she finished maternity leave just before this started and was on unpaid leave for the rest of the school year, and had arranged for a career break to cover next year too.

Comment

Oh thats quite cool where it shows a link preview.
                                                                                                            Certainly saved me from reading it.

Comment

Slight flaw in that being that she finished maternity leave just before this started and was on unpaid leave for the rest of the school year, and had arranged for a career break to cover next year too.
                                                                                                              Ouch!

Comment

Doesnt that mean you are in exactly the same circumstances as you were before this all happened? i.e. voluntary career break\no pay

where did the confused smiley go as I feel I am missing something....

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Bit of a juxtaposition!

Comment

What does be going on in the heads of building conservationists?
                                                                                                                    I generally don't like buildings from that period, but I am kind of fond of that one. Suppose it shouldn't be a popularity contest, but it would have gotten my vote over the others mentioned in that article.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Bit of a juxtaposition!
                                                                                                                      I was thinking I could get pulled up on that .

A couple of years of GAA committee meetings listening to shitetalk about John & Mary down the road will turn anyone into a complete meeting Nazi, for punctuality and tangents. I sometimes wonder why bother people help out in clubs. You give up your free time and then get abuse from over entitled parents complaining that their son isn't starting every match when he won't even go training. Offering them the opportunity to coach or take a role usually puts that conversation to bed fairly lively.

I actually keep fairly shtum in meetings for the most part unless my area is mentioned, probably an over-correction from the committee days.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Doesnt that mean you are in exactly the same circumstances as you were before this all happened? i.e. voluntary career break\no pay

where did the confused smiley go as I feel I am missing something....
                                                                                                                        This guy is the confused smiley apparently
                                                                                                                        I don't quite get it.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X