This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Ole where did you buy the materials for the job?
    Mostly Tadgh O'Connor, think he is Topline, and Mcmahons for the 4x4(90x90), the structural screws and bolts from secureall fastenings, 24hr delivery took 10 days.

When I am done i can stick together a materials list if you like, i had planned it that there would be minimal cutting required using stock lengths.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

325mm drop over 4200, 1 in 12 roughly.
      Do you have any sort of a gutter? Did you deliberately choose the clear corrugated stuff to let the light in or was it just much cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Do you have any sort of a gutter? Did you deliberately choose the clear corrugated stuff to let the light in or was it just much cheaper?
        Guttering sitting in the garage to be fitted. Picked the clear for light only, visually would have preferred a green but would have been too dark inside, Considered using a mixture but that would have involved decisions on where to place them...im not the best with decisions.

The rear and left hand side will be boarded with shiplap, was leaving the front open but may put a barn style sliding door yet.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

And Putin, and Bolsonaro, and the CCP....hmmm

In fairness to BoJo, you would have to say he is by a long way the least worst on that list
          Bolsonaro is one of the absolute nut cunts. His response to the pandemic is basically an extension of his personal pet eugenics project. Yes he actually openly supports eugenics. He's been on record before several times. Sometimes saying that poor people need to be sterilised to eliminate/crime social problems and other times that black people aren't fit to breed. One of his latest decrees was to make Chloroquine available ASAP and ensure that it is given to all of the poor people first - the first time he actually wants to help the poor.. its not too much of a stretch to wonder why he wants give a drug with so many potentially dangerous side effects to these people first. Hospitals next too favelas or in poor areas were ordered to cremate anyone who died with flu related symptoms with zero testing, zero tracing and zero retention of admission records. The Brazilian numbers are extremely unreliable imo and the sad truth is that the full extent may not be known until after Bolsonaro's administration is long gone. He also recently sacked the head of the federal police (basically FBI) because he couldn't get info on the investigations into his friends and family, his justice minister (a famous former anti-corruption judge) then promptly resigned. There's so much more despicable shit that could be written about this cunt and this is only a sample.

Interestingly I only recently found out that large-scale immigration of Europeans to Brazil in the early 20th is linked backed to eugenics ideology. Brazil's indigenous and slave population were considered inferior to Europeans by the ruling class (of European origin). Making the country more white or mixed-race was their goal through "Politica de Branqueamento" or racial whitening policy. Asian or African immigrants however were not wanted. Many of the European immigrants were simply given as much land as they wanted when they arrived. I never understood why that even to this day, some of my very well educated Brazilian friends have thus unshakeable, innate, inferiority complex when comparing themselves to Europeans.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I see Dom has called a presser, probably going to tell us he's fired Boris
                As much as I hate the guy, they should bring in legislation to stop gangs of photographers from hassling people the way they do. There is no public interest served by having cameras shoved in his face, virus or not.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

As much as I hate the guy, they should bring in legislation to stop gangs of photographers from hassling people the way they do. There is no public interest served by having cameras shoved in his face, virus or not.
                  It is weird isn't it. Brits do seem to have the worst media in that respect. Some of the videos from the last few days are mad. They used to doorstep Jeremy Corybyn every day too.

Would the public lose anything by barring journalists from being within x metres of a subjects house?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Anyone else watching Upload on Amazon Prime? Maybe the type of thing you'd watch with the partner. Thought it was very good. But then again I'm also currently loving The Big Flower Fight on Netflix, so even I doubt my own judgement.
                    I'm watching upload with the missus. It's enjoyable.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Watched Season 1 of True Detective again. Forgot just how good it was.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        I saw a TikTok yesterday of a Chinese girl wondering how when she was in the US she wasn't viewed as white* when she (and the majority of Chinese people) are clearly whiter than 'white people'. How did that come about in society?

* I should add in her defence she wasn't viewing this as a loss but rather a weird colour blindness.
                        Why were they called Yellow ? Like a common smiley ?
                        the rising sun ?

Comment

Surely this is the worst sin for a special advisor; don't become the story.

Unless he's actually resigning (highly unlikely imo), the press questions will be some craic.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I am half-hoping he appears in his tracksuit and manky T-shirt though

Comment

I am half-hoping he appears in his tracksuit and manky T-shirt though
                              lol, wasn't far off

A shirt that you could fit three of him inside

Comment

This is piss-weak. "I ran away to Mummy and Daddy because mean people posted about me on social media"

Comment

This is piss-weak. "I ran away to Mummy and Daddy because mean people posted about me on social media"
                                  This is just mad. How have they come to this?
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

His entire shtick is "I'm special the rules don't apply to me"

Wholly unsurprising that out of 10 million people in London he doesn't have a single friend.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

He is going on waaaaaaaaay too long here. Digging his own grave or maybe he's just trying to put the journalists to sleep.

Should have gone for the Trump impeachment defence.
                                      "Yeah, we did it. Get over it."

Would actually play better than this BS.

Comment

Comment

God he is so full of shit.

I told Bojo but neither of us will remember.

The Brits deserve everything they get. Absolutely everything.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Jesus, fairly softball first question and he's stuttering and stammering.

Blood in the water. Where's David Frost when you want him?

Comment

Father Ted and the whistle style of explanation to explain his trip to Barnard Castle.

Comment

Oh for fucks sake. I don't really give a fuck about his own personal situation.

But this stammering idiot is the political colossus behind Brexit? He's a mess.

Comment

apart from a short 60 mile drive to test your eyesight
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-05-20, 15:53. Reason: ..
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Press would want a kick up the hole. Two crappy interlocutors so far.

Oh Christ, here's another one.

Comment

Ah, it's all the media's fault. That's OK then.

Comment

Media are a disgrace.

Comment

Beth was best of the bunch but still not enough anger here.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Not watching it but they have always been a bit shit

Big guns and the willingness to commit atrocities made them a world leader

The money made off it kept them there

But they have always been a bit jolly hockey sticks and fuck the consequences

24 hour news catching up with them even though it's run by there backers

Comment

When my eyes go weird I like to go for a 30 minute drive to check if they are working

Comment

When my eyes go weird I like to go for a 30 minute drive to check if they are working
                                                                I was just test-driving to see if I was sober enough, officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Not watching it but they have always been a bit shit

Big guns and the willingness to commit atrocities made them a world leader

The money made off it kept them there

But they have always been a bit jolly hockey sticks and fuck the consequences

24 hour news catching up with them even though it's run by there backers
                                                                  Make politics divisive enough and your supporters will defend you in the face of anything.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Bolsonaro is one of the absolute nut cunts. His response to the pandemic is basically an extension of his personal pet eugenics project. Yes he actually openly supports eugenics. He's been on record before several times. Sometimes saying that poor people need to be sterilised to eliminate/crime social problems and other times that black people aren't fit to breed. One of his latest decrees was to make Chloroquine available ASAP and ensure that it is given to all of the poor people first - the first time he actually wants to help the poor.. its not too much of a stretch to wonder why he wants give a drug with so many potentially dangerous side effects to these people first. Hospitals next too favelas or in poor areas were ordered to cremate anyone who died with flu related symptoms with zero testing, zero tracing and zero retention of admission records. The Brazilian numbers are extremely unreliable imo and the sad truth is that the full extent may not be known until after Bolsonaro's administration is long gone. He also recently sacked the head of the federal police (basically FBI) because he couldn't get info on the investigations into his friends and family, his justice minister (a famous former anti-corruption judge) then promptly resigned. There's so much more despicable shit that could be written about this cunt and this is only a sample.

Interestingly I only recently found out that large-scale immigration of Europeans to Brazil in the early 20th is linked backed to eugenics ideology. Brazil's indigenous and slave population were considered inferior to Europeans by the ruling class (of European origin). Making the country more white or mixed-race was their goal through "Politica de Branqueamento" or racial whitening policy. Asian or African immigrants however were not wanted. Many of the European immigrants were simply given as much land as they wanted when they arrived. I never understood why that even to this day, some of my very well educated Brazilian friends have thus unshakeable, innate, inferiority complex when comparing themselves to Europeans.

I only found out relatively recently that Italians emigrated there in particular large numbers. We were getting a lot of Brazilian CV's coming in and a lot of them were making a point on their CV to stress they had a European passport and it was always through their Italian grandparents.

Once of them is still working for me and she is horrified by Bolsonaro - I only pay passing attention to what is going on out there but everything I have heard about him is absolutely bat shit crazy.

Comment

30 mins late was a deliberate message I suspect. they certainly didn't spend the time coming up with a good cover story for his wife's birthday day out to the castle.
                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                          30 mins late was a deliberate message I suspect. they certainly didn't spend the time coming up with a good cover story for his wife's birthday day out to the castle.
                                                                          That was the time they spent finding one of BJ's old shirts that didn't have pizza or chocolate stains on. #CumGate

Comment

“I find the best way to manage the Dominic Cummings story is to let Dominic Cummings dictate what everyone says. #CumGate”

Comment

Made the Eamoqueca for tay and it was well received, chorizo added as per. WP.

Now to find a way to get everyone eating mackerel (which I love but only 1 other household member will stomach )

Comment

Yeah. People should be able to have a few cans in the park without getting hassled by paps.
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Going to the dentist on Wednesday, most exciting thing to happen in months!

Comment

Comment

Made the Eamoqueca for tay and it was well received, chorizo added as per. WP.

Now to find a way to get everyone eating mackerel (which I love but only 1 other household member will stomach )
                                                                                      Must add chorizo myself some time. Usually eating a fish dish is a break from meat but I'll treat myself some time.

This no-fuss fish dish is packed with Asian flavours of sweet, salty teriyaki sauce, garlic and lemon - ready in half an hour

Love that as a v simple mackerel fish but I like you already love it. Smoked mackerel pate too.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Just for one sec, assume DC story is truthful. Why is none asking why the brains of Government, when faced with basic decision making made one brain fart action after another? Anyone with avg IQ would have come up with several better solutions while sticking to the rules. It gets worse when you consider the resource available to him and his wife. Absolutely FOS
                                                                                        Last edited by Fullof..It; 25-05-20, 20:38.

Comment

Jungle has been outed as one of the pros involved in the poker cheat thing BIll Perkins tweeted about. Apparently players in the game needed to have the camera on during the game. So some guy in the game playing away on camera getting help from Jungle over some remote software.

He posted this two weeks ago - https://medium.com/@jungleman12/hidd...t-c13dd3d1570f

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I only found out relatively recently that Italians emigrated there in particular large numbers. We were getting a lot of Brazilian CV's coming in and a lot of them were making a point on their CV to stress they had a European passport and it was always through their Italian grandparents.

Once of them is still working for me and she is horrified by Bolsonaro - I only pay passing attention to what is going on out there but everything I have heard about him is absolutely bat shit crazy.
                                                                                            My missus is one of them, her mum's side is Italian. She was told by to put EU citizen in bold at the top of her CV over here much like what you're seeing. Plenty of Brazilians floating about on Portuguese and Germans passports too. The majority though are on student visas to learn English and hope to get a job/visa after. The odd one here on a stamp 4 work visa for niche skills. Any time we'd visit Dublin my gf would always say that Portuguese was the new 2nd language in town, given how often you'd hear it.

Strange moment in Sweden airport on the way back to Ireland with my gf with her brother and sister last November: We were almost last to board. The brother gets stopped at boarding, please step-aside sir, phone call and a mini interrogation ensues. Why are you travelling from Ireland to Sweden as a Brazilian with an Italian passport...? Eh because I can. Then the sister starts getting the same process so my gf walks up with me to see what's happening. The lady who was dealing with us then asks who bought the ticket? Oh so you're Mr Coillcam who bought the ticket, a nice non-threatening Irish citizen. On your way so, hope you enjoyed Sweden.

The thing about Bolsonaro getting elected is that much like Trump he rode a huge wave of anti-establishment sentiment. The anti-corruption, anti-establishment vote decimated the previous left leaning rainbow government. Operation Car Wash investigations unearthed unprecedented endemic corruption across all parties and levels of politics. Every single party was involved but PT (workers party) who were at the helm, took the brunt of the blame. So many people will never vote left again as a result. The truth is that corruption has been the only way to grease the wheels of Brazilian bureaucracy going back through just about every government. The 3rd most recent president Lula is from PT and got imprisoned in dubious circumstances related to alleged real-estate fraud. He would have likely beaten Bolsonaro and the case against Lula was clearly to prevent re-election. He's eventually been released from prison after the election but the damage was done and he can't run for office again until his "conviction" is overturned. All Bolsonaro had to do was keep shouting drain the swamp and he'd get in. It never mattered how bad the guy actually could be. The main judge in Operation Car Wash is the recently resigned former justice minister Moro (due to Bolsonaro's interference with the federal police). Moro is the one who puppeted prosecutors in Lula's case. Moro is likely lining himself up for a run on Bolsonaro when his support wains. Brazilian politics is box-office stuff, whereas we have Healy-Raes fixing the roads and over-priced hospitals.

Comment

Started the series of Snowpiercer, only two episodes in, but very enjoyable. Not very highbrow, but fun to watch... Would recommend.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

This is bizarre, it seems the references Cummings made to day to him writing about the dangers of Coronavirus as cover for him denying he was driving herd immunity were put in to an old post last month

Comment

...

Comment

Weather for coming week and more gonna be fab.
                                                                                                    I am loving this!!

Aluminium and polyrattan. Stepless chair back and leg rest adjustment. Incl. luxury cushion with durable, structure-woven cover. W66 x H102 x D78 cm.

I have purchased a few bits from jysk and the quality is unbelievable.

So fuck it just purchased
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                      Started the series of Snowpiercer, only two episodes in, but very enjoyable. Not very highbrow, but fun to watch... Would recommend.
                                                                                                      Is it related to the Snowpiercer film?
                                                                                                      Because that wasn't very good

Comment

Basically a series remake of it (from what I could tell from the trailer).
                                                                                                        Producer of Parasite if that helps too.
                                                                                                        FWIW, I liked the film

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Basically a series remake of it (from what I could tell from the trailer).
                                                                                                          Producer of Parasite if that helps too.
                                                                                                          FWIW, I liked the film
                                                                                                          The imdb tv series rule of 8 is laughing at it.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I had something weird like that in earlyish Feb, only lasted 48 hours or so and that was about it. Wife or kids never caught it though so I'm assuming it was one of the millions of things that aren't covid-19, especially since then there were no confirmed cases here.
                                                                                                            Yeah it started on Saturday night and went through to Monday morning. Have felt fine for ~24 hours now. Hoping it was just a bug. I had to make a trip to the eye and ear hospital last week and was extra careful while doing it, but I guess you can't be completely risk free when you've docs and nurses poking around your face.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Is it related to the Snowpiercer film?
                                                                                                              Because that wasn't very good
                                                                                                              It is set in the same world but different characters.

I think it is an enjoyable popcorn show. Don't take it seriously and it is a fun watch.
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Coillcams stuff sounds like some of the plot of Narcos México
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Davis got 3rd in the $25k for $205k

O'Shea back tonight on the bubble of another $25k sitting 4/10 with $635k up top. Stacked field left with Dan Smith, Fedor Holz, Pertrangelo, Foxen, Schemion etc etc still in too.
                                                                                                                    How did O'Shea do?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

How did O'Shea do?
                                                                                                                      8th for 64.5k

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

How did O'Shea do?
                                                                                                                        Quick finger tally thus far looks like 350k buyins combined with 300k cashes and both looking at a score in different 10ks later tonight to add to that to be either breakeven total up to 400k in profit should both ship.

There are 2 x $10ks and 1 x $25k all with one re-entry each every day till next Monday which also has a $100k buyin finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                          Coillcams stuff sounds like some of the plot of Narcos México
                                                                                                                          Man I love the country but it is the wild west at times. Geographically speaking its bigger than the size of the EU and the population is 200m+. Amazing people and culture but a complete basket case of a country.

If you're ever interested in more of what's going on over there, this is a really a good Youtube channel from Brazil called Greg's News: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...tSm3lMmj6As83N. Its basically the Brazilian equivalent of John Oliver or Trevor Noah. You'll need subtitles though but its very funny and informative.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X