This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    I bought a new house, well new to me. I'm moving in at the end of June.
    i need to buy a new fridge, personally fancy an American style one with an ice dispenser on it. Do they have to be hooked up to the water? Any recommendations as to what's the best one to buy? Also looking to buy a second fridge for storing drinks and extra frozen food, regular size half and half one. I'd like recommendations for one of those too.
    I also need a new washing machine and dryer and if like recs for those too.
    I'm not looking for cheap stuff, want quality that will last.
    Really appreciate experienced advice.
    You can have plumbed or unplumbed American fridges. Personally have an unplumbed one. Works a treat but you need to keep topping up the water every few days.

Best Washing machines are Miele ones (ainec) , and get a separate dryer, as long as you don't get one of the brands that keeps catching fire you'll be grand

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
        Looks like Dom made a second trip up North.

The second round of defending should be good
        Takes some patience to sit on the second story for an entire day while the tories come out one by one defending him and then releasing it. Like slow playing the Aces all the way to the river

Comment

5/2 against now, hard to beat a decent bit of investigative journalism.

Capture.PNG
          Attached Files
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Https! Wow!
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Cycled into town to meet close amigos. Consumed alcohol in secluded spot (hello 15/yo me).

Then cycled around the entirety of Dublin, including up and down Grafton Street without molestation by other humans. Freaky as it gets.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So back ( few months ago)

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Any links Opr?
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Any links Opr?
                        Just the 2+2 Thread. Galfond has been ruled out. It seems like it might be ghosting fish accounts. Obvious a big deal to him if he has been playing them without realizing and maybe he is incredibly naive in not knowing that scummy stuff happens. Probably more surprised over the people involved than anything I would say going by his tweet.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...andal-1770583/https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...andal-1770583/

Comment

Speaking of poker I see dagunman and Mark Davis playing a lot of the $25ks on Party these days with a couple cashes. Not just single bullets either.

Comment

Dagunman must be staked surely?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              Dagunman must be staked surely?.
                              See post 5302 i'd imagine

Comment

Is cheating in poker even a scandal any more. Been happening since the invention of the game.

Sure didnt some fella say he had proof of a cheating ring on the Pokio app and all that got deleted. Not sure why it was deleted though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

See post 5302 i'd imagine
                                  Yeah thats what prompted me to ask surely hes being staked!?. 25k buyins? or 25k guaranteed tournaments!?.

Comment

Is anyone aware of a website which collates local information on lockdown status & periods of self-isolation required when arriving in countries?

Comment

Still Lurking.

Comment

The update is disgusting it must be said.

Anyway to make it not look like the review section on some site aimed at women who buy everything and anything?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Yeah thats what prompted me to ask surely hes being staked!?. 25k buyins? or 25k guaranteed tournaments!?.
                                          Sorry, I meant he probably is getting staked. Id imgine most are in some form firing bullets at 10ks and 25ks. I meant that all the info you require is probably contained in that post.

Comment

Late decision by Johnson to do todays covid press conference (it was supposed to be Jenrick).
                                            He's at his worst when he is being asked difficult questions that he hasn't been able to vet in advance, so could be good fun.
                                            5pm.

Comment

Every little helps thanks in advance Screenshot_20200524_171445.jpg
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                Is anyone aware of a website which collates local information on lockdown status & periods of self-isolation required when arriving in countries?
                                                https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

Comment

Genuinely have never seen anything like that Boris press conference. Completely surreal.

Surely he's just finished himself if there's pictures or CCTV footage given his repeated defence of the 14 day self-isolation?

Comment

If there’s one thing we have huge amounts of evidence of is that people don’t care at all about lies from their leaders. Not just ambiguous explanations. But bare faced lies.

No one cares. And so no one is held accountable and the nefarious types at the top are very aware of it.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                      If there’s one thing we have huge amounts of evidence of is that people don’t care at all about lies from their leaders. Not just ambiguous explanations. But bare faced lies.

No one cares. And so no one is held accountable and the nefarious types at the top are very aware of it.
                                                      Step 1: Create enough polarisation in your politics that your supporters are locked in to your brand.
                                                      Step 2: Do whatever you like

EZ game.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        Any links Opr?
                                                        Bill runs a private home game for himself and other recs to play in a super high stakes game. The game got moved online during Cornavirus and some of the regulars in the game got ghosted by well knows HS regulars.

Bill Perkins - In a home game. Circumventing the software with team viewer, against friends in an invite only game for 500/1k 1k ante. With a suoer pro who publiy talks about integrity guess dollars are relative but ok.

Comment

There is some kind of golf live aid in the rain on CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            Genuinely have never seen anything like that Boris press conference. Completely surreal.

Surely he's just finished himself if there's pictures or CCTV footage given his repeated defence of the 14 day self-isolation?
                                                            Originally posted by RDIII
                                                            Step 1: Create enough polarisation in your politics that your supporters are locked in to your brand.
                                                            Step 2: Do whatever you like

EZ game.
                                                            Extraordinary, Trump and Johnson both confident enough to ostentatiously display their complete contempt for ordinary people and the sacrifices they are making.

Comment

Not to out Lazare Lazare, but I've just taken a lamb curry out of the oven after it's been in there cooking for the last three hours.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Why doesn't Hitch look like Hitch anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Why doesn't Hitch look like Hitch anymore?
                                                                        The surgery in China changed him, body and mind.

Comment

Comment

Tom fucking Brady.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

BBQ hut update !

Was waiting over a week on a few bolts and screws, but they came in the end.

Big shout out to Mellor for his help.

I stained the joists and purlins last week and started the roof also.

Bondex ebony was the colour i think.

Then onto sheeting and Flashing, the flash band had me concerned, very few tutorials on youtube but in the end was not as bad as i had expected, could be better like most stuff, but im happy enough with it.

Half the sheets up this evening,

Certainly not sparing the screws !

This too shall pass.

Comment

So, who's had it and what was it like?

Have felt very strange, e.g. simultaneously hot and cold for the last 24 hours or so.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Comment

Have felt very strange, e.g. simultaneously hot and cold for the last 24 hours or so.
                                                                                    I had something weird like that in earlyish Feb, only lasted 48 hours or so and that was about it. Wife or kids never caught it though so I'm assuming it was one of the millions of things that aren't covid-19, especially since then there were no confirmed cases here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Extraordinary, Trump and Johnson both confident enough to ostentatiously display their complete contempt for ordinary people and the sacrifices they are making.
                                                                                      And Putin, and Bolsonaro, and the CCP....hmmm

In fairness to BoJo, you would have to say he is by a long way the least worst on that list

Comment

Ole making good progress with the structure now. carriage screws and coach bolts went in ok?
                                                                                        Also, paint the main beams to make the joists

Comment

The yardstick for grading world leaders. The least worst .

Comment

RIP AFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Speaking of poker I see dagunman and Mark Davis playing a lot of the $25ks on Party these days with a couple cashes. Not just single bullets either.
                                                                                              Davis got 3rd in the $25k for $205k

O'Shea back tonight on the bubble of another $25k sitting 4/10 with $635k up top. Stacked field left with Dan Smith, Fedor Holz, Pertrangelo, Foxen, Schemion etc etc still in too.
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 25-05-20, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                The yardstick for grading world leaders. The least worst .
                                                                                                here is the leader of the Free World. And some internet nutcase.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQXoe9olZT-hkXNvYuTvlTI1vD_NJKx_B8TdOLKVuC0ZeuzYTW1&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

here is the leader of the Free World. And some internet nutcase.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQXoe9olZT-hkXNvYuTvlTI1vD_NJKx_B8TdOLKVuC0ZeuzYTW1&usqp=CAU.jpg
                                                                                                  Was more a reflection on where we are now in machiavellian rife 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Was more a reflection on where we are now in machiavellian rife 2020.
                                                                                                    There's nothing Machiavellian about it, it's pretty much all being done in plain sight!

Comment

We now have that deeply creepy Brendan O'Neill on the radio defending Cummings by doing a Denny and calling any criticism of his behaviour Cummings Derangement Syndrome.
                                                                                                      LOL Where'd that 1/5 till I do my goolies on it

Comment

Went into the kitchen to find 8 y/o eating a rather large bowl of pasta. At 10.30am.

In her defence, she had made a sauce from scratch and is claiming this to be 'part of homework'. But FFS.

Comment

I remember casting around for a way to watch all the great ESPN documentaries reliably a few months ago and coming up empty - there's now a service that covers Europe available

There's a free week trial and it's about 80 quid for the year I think. New three hour documentary just came out where apparently Lance has dropped the contrite act and is back to being the unrepentant prick we all know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Take pic from phone camera test
                                                                                                            Must be the hair cut. Looks very like Zukerberg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.4WkIq9jkYvAiW8o2lUIshQHaEo%26pid%3DApi&f=1.jpg

Comment

Ole is that roof 100% flat or have you put it at a slight angle?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                Ole is that roof 100% flat or have you put it at a slight angle?
                                                                                                                325mm drop over 4200, 1 in 12 roughly.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

We now have that deeply creepy Brendan O'Neill on the radio defending Cummings by doing a Denny and calling any criticism of his behaviour Cummings Derangement Syndrome.
                                                                                                                  LOL Where'd that 1/5 till I do my goolies on it
                                                                                                                  Brendan O'Neill is in the employ of Charles Koch, just ignore him and or send complaints to those who give him air.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Didn't think you'd have fucked up tbh but you do still see people who think flat roofs should be flat so thought I'd ask as looks flat in pics

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Looks amazing, the only problem I see is that you might have a problem if you ever need to clean the roof.

Comment

I see Dom has called a presser, probably going to tell us he's fired Boris

Comment

Looks amazing, the only problem I see is that you might have a problem if you ever need to clean the roof.
                                                                                                                          Power hose and ladder...be grand
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X