This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Might get back into Deadwood, I watched like a season and a half or two seasons of it and just packed it in about a year ago. Was looking for something to watch and was told I might like Red Road but it's awful. If any of you haven't seen Longmire it's well worth a watch. I'd liken it to Justified kind of as the main character is a lawman and it's a modern day western. Hap and Leonard with MIchael Kenneth Williams is another show I enjoyed. I'm gonna check out Get Shorty. If anybody needs anything, as soon as the cousins is back up I can help out. I don't think Longmire is available over here.
    Deadwood is an acquired taste, and the dialogue requires undivided attention for the most part.
    Would have it below breaking bad, sopranos etc, but just below.

Not sure what happened for it to end abruptly in season 3, some combination of ratings/viewing figures/cost of production maybe. Got a movie anyway, which suggests the fan following was decent.

I've tried to acquire Hap and Leonard previously and failed, so might take you up on that assistance in the future.
    Enjoyed Justified quite a lot, will get to Longmire eventually.
    ​​​​​​​lockdown has been great to clear some backlog on my Plex server.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I met our buddy Pa out running in Limerick lately and we've been out on the bikes a few times since. He was wondering what ever became of you, I told him I didn't know but for that you were still alive! Where are you in the world and what are you doing with yourself anyway?
      I hope he is still having it from 40 yards out on the angle!

I found it hard to get career jobs after my degree in Env. Science, presumably because nobody has time for that faff in a slowly recovering recession.

Moved around a bit for work, eventually ended up in a call centre for Xbox support, which was a great kick up the arse to prompt enrollment in a reskill course in WIT for a Hdip in Computer Science, which I think in hindsight was a springboard course. Gods bless the gubbermint and the back to education allowance.

So got a job straight away with a local Waterford tech company, whereby they ironically contracted me to the Environmental Protection Agency, and that's pretty what I've been at for 5 years, changing roles slightly as I gained experience. Promptly bought a house.

Have this month been headhunted by another company for my own job, which was odd.
      Hello 33% uplift plus expenses, plus health insurance and 5% matched pension.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Micknail; 10-06-20, 21:43.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

6starpoo, what do I use for GIFs?
        I think we should go back if they don't work
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

These days I'm rarely drunk enough to even consider eating either. Also, don't have a car.
          Learned to ride a motorcycle about 2 years ago,
          IBT seems to make it somewhat safer than the previous allowance of hop up on one and sure take your test in the next couple of years maybe.

What models have you owned in the past and present?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What models have you owned in the past and present?
            Never had anything fancy or powerful.
            Suzuki GSF250, Yamaha SR125, Kawasaki GT550, Honda CB500, Yamaha XJ600, Honda CBF500, Kawasaki GPZ500, and currently another CBF500. Actually got my first bike when I was 29, and did a lot of lessons even though it wasn't required. Found 'motorcycle roadcraft' really helpful too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...c=1&th=1&psc=1
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some shitty weather in Dublin today. Already have lupins and roses damaged by the wind. The continuing queue at McDonald's has dashed any hopes I had that humans might have reflected on their behaviour over the last while, and tried to make some positive changes.
              How did your Dahlias do in the frost last week? some of mine got a bad dose of frostbite despite being in the polytunnel and having put a bit of fleece over them.
              I lost about a dozen of the smaller tomato ;lants, new spuds were set back a month and I had them well covered with sacks.
              Haven't even gone out for a proper look yet but the wind today has done for a couple of foxgloves and lupins and the artichokes and cardoons are looking a bit battered.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

How did your Dahlias do in the frost last week? some of mine got a bad dose of frostbite despite being in the polytunnel and having put a bit of fleece over them.
                There wasn't a frost here. Think it got down to about 2oc, so it didn't even damage my sunflowers. Glad to have a bit of rain again anyway.

Comment

Never had anything fancy or powerful.
                  Suzuki GSF250, Yamaha SR125, Kawasaki GT550, Honda CB500, Yamaha XJ600, Honda CBF500, Kawasaki GPZ500, and currently another CBF500. Actually got my first bike when I was 29, and did a lot of lessons even though it wasn't required. Found 'motorcycle roadcraft' really helpful too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...c=1&th=1&psc=1
                  Yes I got a pdf of that book before I started, made more sense when I actually got a bike
                  Nearly put myself off the entire endeavour by watching hours of YouTube motorbike accidents.

I have an xj6 diversion f, which I think has its genesis in the xj600. I sense reliability was at the forefront of your biking needs, hence all the Japanese brands? Any favourite?
                  Still love mine, but have been keeping an eye out for a Triumph Daytona 675r.

Anyone else here ride?
                  Surely the folks in Spain have a pair of wheels?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    Laz were you going on about this stuff? Very nice
                    Yeah Ste, it's real nice isn't it.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I have an xj6 diversion f, which I think has its genesis in the xj600. I sense reliability was at the forefront of your biking needs, hence all the Japanese brands? Any favourite?
                        Loved every Honda I ever had. Every Kawasaki was a disaster, though they had 'character'( had forgotten I had an ER5 too). I'm more tempted than ever to get an old Vespa now for the lols.

Comment

Jesus id say if you drank 5 of these you'd be hospitaliized. Like a can of monster with zero alcohol taste. 35 mgs caffeine per 100 ml 8 %
                          Alcohol I'm glad I only bought 2! IMG-20200522-WA0031.jpeg
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

I hope he is still having it from 40 yards out on the angle!

I found it hard to get career jobs after my degree in Env. Science, presumably because nobody has time for that faff in a slowly recovering recession.

Moved around a bit for work, eventually ended up in a call centre for Xbox support, which was a great kick up the arse to prompt enrollment in a reskill course in WIT for a Hdip in Computer Science, which I think in hindsight was a springboard course. Gods bless the gubbermint and the back to education allowance.

So got a job straight away with a local Waterford tech company, whereby they ironically contracted me to the Environmental Protection Agency, and that's pretty what I've been at for 5 years, changing roles slightly as I gained experience. Promptly bought a house.

Have this month been headhunted by another company for my own job, which was odd.
                            Hello 33% uplift plus expenses, plus health insurance and 5% matched pension.

tenor.gif
                            Do you work in licensing in there by any chance? Seem to be significantly understaffed from what clients tell us when they try to get thru the process with massive delays

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Do you work in licensing in there by any chance? Seem to be significantly understaffed from what clients tell us when they try to get thru the process with massive delays
                              No, but I did work in application support, then CRM support, now operations and security

There's plenty of staff there would you believe.
                              It's just that they are all civil servants.
                              I once made the suggestion of licensing and enforcement business units meeting to discuss handovers of newly issued licences, and was promptly told they had not discussed anything with each other in 4 years.
                              Funny old place, deadlines are more of an abstract idea, with frequent situations of ghostowns when Easter/ summer holidays arrive, and staff are gone for months.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

No, but I did work in application support, then CRM support, now operations and security
                                Were you working in their place in Clonskeagh? I was only dealing with reception, and occasional other people that were difficult to contact, but it's unfair to compare them any other part of the civil service. Reminded me more of a badly run students union.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Everyone involved in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood needs to be taken out and shot. What a steaming pile of horseheadeliteshite. And such talent in the movie all wasting their time on that too.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  one of your poorer takes, Hitch
                                  I'm so confused now. Hitch usually loves everything, and I generally hate everything GAB even slightly likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                    Can't decide who are sicker, those who have radically changed their avatar or those stuck with the default.
                                    I don't think dark avatars really work well now 'cos they're too small and hard to discern detail. I'd changed mine to dark but after one post have opted for something brighter.

(For those of you who care about such minutiae I've had three avatars, all black and white, since the site started: Mark E. Smith from The Fall live on stage; lead singer of a French black metal band live on stage; man pondering records. I think it's OK to have colour now!).
                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 23-05-20, 00:29.

Comment

The Brits seem determined to impose a disaster (Brexit) on top of the covid calamity. No Deal must be 1.07 at this point.

According to my Brussels sauces, the words 'fuck them' would now constitute the majority opinion.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Loved every Honda I ever had. Every Kawasaki was a disaster, though they had 'character'( had forgotten I had an ER5 too). I'm more tempted than ever to get an old Vespa now for the lols.
                                        This post is a lot of fun if you read it as describing sexual partners, as prompted by EamonHonda reference.

Comment

Were you working in their place in Clonskeagh? I was only dealing with reception, and occasional other people that were difficult to contact, but it's unfair to compare them any other part of the civil service. Reminded me more of a badly run students union.
                                          Am mostly in Finkles land, in the HQ.
                                          Have been to Clonskeagh a few times a year, and you are right, most of them are decent beans.
                                          Some are career admin people, and they do suck the will to live from you though.

It was my least favourite to visit, on account of traffic.
                                          Also, Waterford to Castlebar/Monaghan offices were amazing for the expenses return and overnight allowance
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            The Brits seem determined to impose a disaster (Brexit) on top of the covid calamity. No Deal must be 1.07 at this point.

According to my Brussels sauces, the words 'fuck them' would now constitute the majority opinion.
                                            Any thoughts on Keir Starmer? I've been impressed with him at PMQs, though I'm disturbed by his big hands

Comment

Great to have Micknail back, he obv didn't like the layout of the old site ​​​​​​

Where's Icky and Riggs?

Comment

Landscape forumming on the mobile is a hugely more relaxing experience atm
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This new set up is going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm at an age where all change is deeply disturbing!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    Landscape forumming on the mobile is a hugely more relaxing experience atm
                                                    Anyway to make the site look that way in portrait?

Comment

Perfect time, you can blame everything bad on Covid which came from foreigners

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Perfect time, you can blame everything bad on Covid which came from foreigners
                                                          Its kind of amazing that the UK media has close to zero discussion on the contrasts between Germany and UK.

Comment

Only realised there was a few more seasons of Brockmire recently. Man the writing in that show is just something else. Just grows and grows as the show goes on.
                                                            Season 4 was the finale, aired recently, was running south in quality.
                                                            Shades of him in you I think​​​​​​
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

GAB/Keane, anyone else having problems with the privacy checkbox thing before they can enable avatars, can you try to log out, then delete cookies/browsing info and then log in again? Might not work, but worth a shot.

Comment

Last edited by Emmet; 23-05-20, 00:07.

Comment

Comment

Comment

What a sad loss he was. Troubled soul

Comment

Eat your heart out Zuutroph

Comment

Ha! How many takes did that require?

Comment

Was expecting that question . It was either 1st take or 500th. You decide .

Comment

The excited jubilation suggests many failed attempts.

A mic drop reaction would have pointed towards 1st attempt.

Comment

1st take too.:-)

Comment

lol, brilliant. You're a good craic Da

Comment

it's a little stark in here, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Back to lurking for the most part.
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Love how unimpressed the kids are

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Love how unimpressed the kids are
                                                                                        They are much like IPB .a tough audience.

Comment

Joe Rogan podcast moving to Spotify. Getting a reported $100m for the deal.

Comment

EYrlLPnXsAAbcIb?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                              How can he earn that back for them?

Comment

Share price was up a billion on the news, so I guess people are expecting it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Can't see that working out well.
                                                                                                  One of the reasons he gets so many views is whatever the zeitgeist is and you search for it on YouTube he will inevitably turn up . Spotify doesn't work like that

Still though $100m. Thats insane money
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Dominic Cummings seems to think rules don't apply to a man of his advanced intellect.

Boris isn't exactly a man of unshakeable loyalty so be interesting to see which way this plays, especially if the media decides this is a fun stick to beat the government with.

odds on Dom getting the boot?

Comment

So what do I have to do to accept the privacy setting in order to view avatars?
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Yes I got a pdf of that book before I started, made more sense when I actually got a bike
                                                                                                          Nearly put myself off the entire endeavour by watching hours of YouTube motorbike accidents.

Anyone else here ride?
                                                                                                          Surely the folks in Spain have a pair of wheels?
                                                                                                          I was on the bike progression train, moped, Honda 50, CB 125, and a Yamaha 250 which I can't remember the model of. I'd moved to Lucan when I was 18 and still worked in Churchtown where I'm from, one morning on the way to work it started snowing, that morning I arrived an hour late having dropped the bike twice, soaking wet and freezing, that was the day I decided to get off the bike train and get a car. Did a bit of Harley Davidson riding in the 2000's when I was selling them in Germany but never took the plunge and got my own. My daughter is now 16 and wants to get a moped, the scars on my knees are no deterrent to her so I'll probably get her one at some point.

Comment

Probably a bit like the Xirius / Stern deal, or in the UK the Chris Evans / Capital radio deal way back when. It acts as a figurehead of legitimacy. The man seems to be the Howard Stern of today in terms of popularity.
                                                                                                            Yeah it's all about Spotify launching their video service. Good luck to them. Fairly sure Joe will jump the shark now but quite happy to be proven wrong.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                              So what do I have to do to accept the privacy setting in order to view avatars?
                                                                                                              If you log in using an incognito window it should work, it has done for myself and GAB

Comment

Dominic Cummings seems to think rules don't apply to a man of his advanced intellect.

Boris isn't exactly a man of unshakeable loyalty so be interesting to see which way this plays, especially if the media decides this is a fun stick to beat the government with.

odds on Dom getting the boot?
                                                                                                                Seems to be a pretty hefty push to get a lot of senior folks defending him. He must have some amount of dirt on someone

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Seems to be a pretty hefty push to get a lot of senior folks defending him. He must have some amount of dirt on someone
                                                                                                                  Brexit, getting BoJo the top job and winning a big majority.

That'll buy some loyalty.

Comment

I was shocked that he's only 48. I would have guessed 10 years older.

Comment

Looks like Dom made a second trip up North.

The second round of defending should be good
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I bought a new house, well new to me. I'm moving in at the end of June.
                                                                                                                        i need to buy a new fridge, personally fancy an American style one with an ice dispenser on it. Do they have to be hooked up to the water? Any recommendations as to what's the best one to buy? Also looking to buy a second fridge for storing drinks and extra frozen food, regular size half and half one. I'd like recommendations for one of those too.
                                                                                                                        I also need a new washing machine and dryer and if like recs for those too.
                                                                                                                        I'm not looking for cheap stuff, want quality that will last.
                                                                                                                        Really appreciate experienced advice.
                                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Don't think his talents extend far beyond winning elections so plenty of time to bring him back privately when needed. As a political theorist he's on the batshit crazy wing of incoherent adolescent and not quarter as smart as he thinks he is.

Its hilarious that he doesn't have a single friend in the whole of London who he sould call to help him out, instead he was willing to drive 500 miles to bring an infectious child to stay with his elderly parents.
                                                                                                                          Not to mention infecting everyone he met when he stopped off at least once to refuel, but hey this is clearly a case of one law for us and one for the little people.

I can't be doing political betting anymore due to impaired judgment but be inclined towards laying the 2/5

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X