X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
    Makes a big difference

Comment

Binged Deadwood over the last week and a bit.
      Am glad I got to skip the 13 year wait for the movie.
      The sudden aging of the cast was a bit jarring.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        Binged Deadwood over the last week and a bit.
        Am glad I got to skip the 13 year wait for the movie.
        The sudden aging of the cast was a bit jarring.
        I met our buddy Pa out running in Limerick lately and we've been out on the bikes a few times since. He was wondering what ever became of you, I told him I didn't know but for that you were still alive! Where are you in the world and what are you doing with yourself anyway?

Comment

I've them turned off for ages while I was mostly browsing at work but trying to turn them on again now and I get the following message:

You have chosen not to accept the user privacy and data policies, so registration cannot continue.

Check the box if you want to agree with the user privacy and data policies.
          Can't find any box to check. Not sure if it's a me problem but if someone knows how to get around it let me know. No need to go to any trouble. The new VB is a bit of a departure but easy enough to get used to in fairness, thanks for all the work.

Comment

This was the entrance to Nutgrove SC yesterday evening. No one could drive in because of the queue to get into McDonalds. They had even reorganised the queue within the car park, meaning that there was room for about 70 cars before it would block the entrance. Nutters!

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

burger king in tallaght have drive thru open the whole time. Better crap food in BK imo. The garage past Rathcoole also if yer that desperate. . 2nd Wave on the way by the looks of folk out there. Nobody is scared of me anymore.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yikes! Pac-Man is 40 years-old today.

The game that ate the world: 40 facts on Pac-Man's 40th birthday

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Leave my plane alone, you commies.
                    Your plane clearly falls under the heading of 'vital necessity'. The government should be paying you imo.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      burger king in tallaght have drive thru open the whole time. Better crap food in BK imo. The garage past Rathcoole also if yer that desperate. . 2nd Wave on the way by the looks of folk out there. Nobody is scared of me anymore.
                      These days I'm rarely drunk enough to even consider eating either. Also, don't have a car.

Comment

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this. What is the closest we can get to the old style? I must have been one who posted on the test site as I knew I had posted!

Comment

someone should tweet Hitch, I have this image of him completely lost in cyberspace

Equally possible he has gone on a bender of epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                              Not sure how I feel about this. What is the closest we can get to the old style? I must have been one who posted on the test site as I knew I had posted!
                              I suggest changing your style to Old School

Edit: actually, just tried Wood there and it might be the new winner...
                              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 22-05-20, 10:00.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

I suggest changing your style to Old School
                                It didn't change anything? or do I need to do something else. It was on default VB style

Comment

Try Pink

Comment

It didn't change anything? or do I need to do something else. It was on default VB style
                                    No, just change the style in the bottom left hand corner and it updates automatically. The "Wood" style is very acceptable.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

No, just change the style in the bottom left hand corner and it updates automatically. The "Wood" style is very acceptable.
                                      I changed to wood, didn't look much different and back to old school. I did try the dark, but not keen on that one. Cheers

Comment

Black/Red is my favourite but in truth none of them really change much other than colours/fonts. The core 'look' always stays the same.
                                        It will take a bit of getting used to, especially as we are all old gits.

Comment

what are those approve/unapprove posts buttons top right? have we all got admin status to wreck the place?

Comment

Two Three Four
                                            Two 4 6 8
                                            Three 6 9 12
                                            Four 8 12 16
                                            18 27 36
                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 22-05-20, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              Manny Pacquiao is older than Pac-Man himself

Comment

I can change font and font size under UserProfile->Customise My Style-> Text and the changes are reflected there but not here
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Anyone got any experience of this?
                                                      Maybe a bogey card or brand but try the below first.

Take out the card, stick it into a PC/laptop. Go to "this pc" > right-click the sd card > format (select fat32 if prompted) > make sure to tick the box for quick format! > wait a few seconds to finish > test in the GoPro.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Oh wood is rather nice

I like the blue green/yellow/cool options too. Wood theme is just not for me.

Comment

Might get back into Deadwood, I watched like a season and a half or two seasons of it and just packed it in about a year ago. Was looking for something to watch and was told I might like Red Road but it's awful. If any of you haven't seen Longmire it's well worth a watch. I'd liken it to Justified kind of as the main character is a lawman and it's a modern day western. Hap and Leonard with MIchael Kenneth Williams is another show I enjoyed. I'm gonna check out Get Shorty. If anybody needs anything, as soon as the cousins is back up I can help out. I don't think Longmire is available over here.
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Biggest issue I have when logging on is the view - It's a weird order of threads etc that come up. I just want the most recent threads that have been posted on:

S5pOhl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Maybe a bogey card or brand but try the below first.

Take out the card, stick it into a PC/laptop. Go to "this pc" > right-click the sd card > format (select fat32 if prompted) > make sure to tick the box for quick format! > wait a few seconds to finish > test in the GoPro.
                                                              The only issue with FAT32 formatting is the largest file size supported is 4GB, which might be an issue - NTFS has only a theoretical limit on file sizes

Comment

Anyone got any experience of this?
                                                                I thought I answered this yesterday, might have been when Dom was updating the https

First thing is that you probably didn't need to format it but once you've started its probably best to let it finish.
                                                                Shouldn't have taken more than a couple of hours for a full format

Are you formatting it on a PC or in the gopro?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

The only issue with FAT32 formatting is the largest file size supported is 4GB, which might be an issue - NTFS has only a theoretical limit on file sizes
                                                                  Good point actually and with 4K video you could spit out 4GB files pretty quickly. I don't know if it supports NTFS or other file systems but definitely worth checking. I was karting a few months back and my mate gave me his GoPoor (Gearbest type job) to record the race. It split up the files on the sd card, could easily be related to this. I'd say GoPro will release firmware update for the camera that does a quick format by default at some stage.

Comment

Comment

in the go pro - google suggests that a 32gb would take 2hrs 10mins, and it's pro rate from there for the 256gb...
                                                                      Found an article on the GoPro forums: follow these steps and make sure to use "exFAT" instead of FAT32 for the file system. Don't forget quick format, you'll be done in seconds.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Ho...er/ta-p/392965

Comment

The coronavirus has destroyed one French families dream of escaping France for chic Dublin. So said the lady in the Dublin French school yesterday as she bumped us up from waiting list to places offered. A rather tasty 17,500 annual fees for the two. Not sure I fully thought that one through. Hadn't realised shraaaap was a gazillionaire when following his recommendation.
                                                                        it's definitely gone up. it was around 12k for both of ours at the time, although i'd happily take 17.5k at the moment!!!

anyway, that's chump change for the high flying professor and his soon to be start up millionaire wife
                                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 22-05-20, 12:46.

Comment

The coronavirus has destroyed one French families dream of escaping France for chic Dublin. So said the lady in the Dublin French school yesterday as she bumped us up from waiting list to places offered. A rather tasty 17,500 annual fees for the two. Not sure I fully thought that one through. Hadn't realised shraaaap was a gazillionaire when following his recommendation.
                                                                          I thought you were going to Grenoble (insert confused smiley here in your imagination)?

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Seems like a foolproof plan.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I thought you were going to Grenoble (insert confused smiley here in your imagination)?
                                                                                    You thought he'd taken up driving too. Though I don't think Hitch answered that one, so maybe he has.

Comment

Everybody should be made to have an avatar as the no avatar minimalists' posts look plainer than a Bulgarian pin-up.

Comment

And it's vastly easier to post now. The next 32000 posts will be a breeze
                                                                                        mission failed so
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                          Biggest issue I have when logging on is the view - It's a weird order of threads etc that come up. I just want the most recent threads that have been posted on:

S5pOhl.jpg
                                                                                          Best I've seen to do for now, is that I have enabled a 'Today's posts' option which shows the threads most recently posted in, in a similar fashion to what we would be used to. Not perfect, but it's better. You can see this link on the homepage under the Forums tab. I tried to move it to the top navigation bar, but it's not doing that. I'll see if I can play about with it a bit or find something better.

Comment

...

Comment

17.5k includes the afterschool care, 12.5k for the fees.
                                                                                              I was gonna say thats crazy but realised I was paying close to that for one in creche
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

Best I've seen to do for now, is that I have enabled a 'Today's posts' option which shows the threads most recently posted in, in a similar fashion to what we would be used to. Not perfect, but it's better. You can see this link on the homepage under the Forums tab. I tried to move it to the top navigation bar, but it's not doing that. I'll see if I can play about with it a bit or find something better.
                                                                                                  Today's Posts is perfect for aged people like me that just want to see what's happened since last visit. As you say, it looks like the old page a bit too Good stuff.

Comment

17.5k includes the afterschool care, 12.5k for the fees.
                                                                                                    the after school is great.kids were well looked after. they always enjoyed it and were very happy there

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      Everybody should be made to have an avatar as the no avatar minimalists' posts look plainer than a Bulgarian pin-up.
                                                                                                      I accidentally won a package to a €1k Event in Bulgaria a good few years ago so brought the wife for the week. Ended up on the TV table as was drawn with, as far as I could figure out, some form of famous Bulgarian glamour model/porn star type. She couldnt play poker for toffee but was far from plain based on the daggers I was getting from the wife from the rail for drooling .

Comment

Some shitty weather in Dublin today. Already have lupins and roses damaged by the wind. The continuing queue at McDonald's has dashed any hopes I had that humans might have reflected on their behaviour over the last while, and tried to make some positive changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Black/Red is my favourite but in truth none of them really change much other than colours/fonts. The core 'look' always stays the same.
                                                                                                          It will take a bit of getting used to, especially as we are all old gits.
                                                                                                          Avatars make a huge difference. Although I keep thinking the Duke is GAB. Will have to get used to that.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Avatars make a huge difference. Although I keep thinking the Duke is GAB. Will have to get used to that.
                                                                                                            and you've reinvented yourself as the cock and ghee man. will have to get used to that!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              Dip out of the site for a couple weeks and everything has changed, thankfully I still have the keys for the place

On a personal note I've created a new photography website for myself over the last couple weeks, will be a work in progress trying to learn bits & bobs, if y'all have a minute could you give it the once over and let me know what you think, if you spot mistakes etc please drop me a line. Flushdraw has reached out to me about some SEO stuff so looking forward to picking his brain.

https://dannymaxwellphotography.com/
                                                                                                              Looks good Danny.
                                                                                                              Would like to be able to click on a pic and make it bigger.
                                                                                                              Recommend using the kidpoker photo as your avatar here.
                                                                                                              Best of luck with it.

On a separate note, it's nice to see Bubbleking is alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Some shitty weather in Dublin today. Already have lupins and roses damaged by the wind. The continuing queue at McDonald's has dashed any hopes I had that humans might have reflected on their behaviour over the last while, and tried to make some positive changes.
                                                                                                                Actually quite enjoying the weather. Glorious heat from sitting inside in front of the balcony windows.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Can't decide who are sicker, those who have radically changed their avatar or those stuck with the default.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I can't switch on Avatars as I keep getting this message. I have searched all over for the box I am supposed to check and I cannot find it. Anybody else encounter this?
                                                                                                                    Yes I mentioned it last night.

I think I have managed to add an avatar of my own however, can anyone who has them working confirm mine is showing up at least?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Yes I mentioned it last night.

I think I have managed to add an avatar of my own however, can anyone who has them working confirm mine is showing up at least?
                                                                                                                      Yup

Screenshot_2020-05-22-18-15-34-988_com.android.chrome.png
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Laz were you going on about this stuff? Very nice

Comment

Avatar testing.

edit: Working, well done Dom.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X