Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Monday isn't much really?
    • You can still only go 5km
    • Only new shops opening will be garden centres etc
    • You can meet people you don't live with at a distance in parks

that's it, right?

It's not mad big bang moment
    4 people outdoors = beer in mate's garden imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      4 people outdoors = beer in mate's garden imo.
      huh, I had thought that was only parks but it seems you are correct:

Meeting small groups outside
      Up to 4 people who don't live together can meet outdoors while keeping at least 2 metres apart.
      cool, BBQ time
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So, if you lived in a terraced house, you could have said 4 mates around for beer at a distance - but only in the front garden?

Comment

define 'mass chaos'
          mass flouting of restrictions, roads jammed, dogs living with cats, blood raining from the sky.

You know, the usual
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

huh, I had thought that was only parks but it seems you are correct:

cool, BBQ time
            2 metres wont last long in that scenario
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

If you're both office workers?

I often email Mrs D3 when at my desk, she gets it immediately at hers..convenient, no need to look at a phone etc.
              Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              Any IM program, even whatsapp in your browser. This is an old person thing.

Though i can't say anything, this is a quote somebody put online from me on IRC 15 years ago:
              It does seem strange at first glance but theres a cute hoor element to emailing as opposed to using the phone to text as hes never spotted texting on the phone so he appears to be locked into his work on that computer screen and the bosses notice this...hire this man.

#602223 +(1497)- [X]

(TarAldarion) just a bit shocked that my roommate is pregnant
              (Ruu) was it a shock to her also?
              (TarAldarion) dunno yet
              (TarAldarion) havnt talked to her
              (TarAldarion) read her blog

I would like to see the timeline on that exchange. A time stamp tells a lot, a short burst frequency which looks the case here, or a lapse on no reply best txt again. Ruu seems a pretty cool customer.

Comment

So, if you lived in a terraced house, you could have said 4 mates around for beer at a distance - but only in the front garden?
                That or jump over the back wall? Run through the house without breathing or touching anything?

Comment

That or jump over the back wall? Run through the house without breathing or touching anything?
                  Actual ingress seems prohibited

On a similar but related topic, are there a lot of people out there who haven't had sex for 2 months I wonder?

Comment

On a similar but related topic, are there a lot of people out there who haven't had sex for 2 months I wonder?
                    Possibly, although I know of one single person who has still been hooking up with randomers on Tinder and getting the ride on several occasions over the last 9 weeks, I'm sure they can't be the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                      Possibly, although I know of one single person who has still been hooking up with randomers on Tinder and getting the ride on several occasions over the last 9 weeks, I'm sure they can't be the only one!
                      Maybe he has a special technique for maintaining the prescribed distance?

Comment

Monday isn't much really?
                        • You can still only go 5km
                        • Only new shops opening will be garden centres etc
                        • You can meet people you don't live with at a distance in parks

that's it, right?

It's not mad big bang moment

You'd be surprised at the amount of people using the 'homewares' category to reopen. My entire industry is back on Mon pretty much.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yep

Comment

yes, they're called married couples.
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Same.

And I'd say most of my friends have been at house parties the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                You'd be surprised at the amount of people using the 'homewares' category to reopen. My entire industry is back on Mon pretty much.
                                Was expecting to go back on Monday. Boss rang to say nope and could be June before I go back unless they get mad busy and I get called in. Ffs

Comment

Based on the posters who think it’s ok, emailing your wife? Confirmed weird

Comment

Dr Holohan has said from Monday gatherings of four are limited to outdoor settings and people should continue to maintain social distancing.

However, he clarified that gatherings of four are not limited to parks and may also include garden settings.

But he added that is provided "people maintain a common sense adherence to the public health guidelines.

"It would be wrong to say that couldn't be in someone's back garden," according to Dr Holohan.

However, he said BBQs are still not permitted under current guidelines
                                    From RTÉ website

Comment

Joke's on him. I have a pizza oven.

Comment

Jeff's garage!

Comment

Posted this in the cooking thread but may get the answer here.

Can anyone recommend a good Thai cook book?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                              lol .

Wonder does Poo have a Phad Prik recipe

Comment

lol .

Wonder does Poo have a Phad Prik recipe
                                                I once went to the Suki Bumi restaurant in Amsterdam (apropos of very little )

Food was good , would return.

Comment

I once went to the Suki Bumi restaurant in Amsterdam (apropos of very little )

Food was good , would return.
                                                  Bought a tub of 'Cock Flavoured Seasoning' in the Asian shop before, for the craic. Surprisingly awesome on roast chicken.

Comment

I like taking pics of it astride a tub of ghee and sending to my friends on WhatsApp.

Comment

Prince at one of his zeniths (1985)... free for the weekend only ... one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 15-05-20, 22:10.

Comment

Yeah, I stuck to the regulations and my gf is 15km away in Sandy Cove. Speaking of which, at what stage does it become and essential journey?

Comment

Just two minutes ago my wife was arguing with me about choc ices and feasts.

Last week I was heading over to the shop, was getting the kids Calippos. Asked her did she want anything and she clearly said a choc ice.

Got back with the choc ice and she says 'wtf is that, where's me Feast?'

Still arguing with me today that she said Feast.
                                                          Obviously you should get her to email you her choice of ice cream next time!!

Comment

Yeah, I stuck to the regulations and my gf is 15km away in Sandy Cove. Speaking of which, at what stage does it become and essential journey?
                                                            You lesbians should break all the rules. I know I would
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The internet! I'll post up some recipes tomorrow if I can find them. Tom yum soup is one of my favs
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                The internet! I'll post up some recipes tomorrow if I can find them. Tom yum soup is one of my favs
                                                                Deadly.

Yeah, I know, get a great deal of stuff online. Just love a good cook book though that goes through a lot of the subtler stuff. What sort of shit to keep in the press etc.

Want to learn about it. Flavours are incredible, am messing about with cooking it but know fuck all about it.

Comment

At the end of the day, this is what all these brands are REALLY saying with their Covid-19 themed commercials... Be sure to smash those pots and pans out you...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Jeff's garage!
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    Tony the GOAT. Sarah is a brilliant player as well. Natalie getting four votes and Michelle getting zero proves what an absolute shitshow edge of extinction is

Immunity challenge wins >>>>>>>>>> immunity idols

Comment

Boost bar is some piece of choc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                        Based on the posters who think it’s ok, emailing your wife? Confirmed weird
                                                                        #Yawn

Comment

I still have the 'cook book' from when I did a Thai cooking course in Chang Mai in 2002.

I'll never forget it. We booked it up but managed (quite easily) to go on the absolute lash the night before. There is nothing quite like going on a session for 18 hours, having a few hours kip, and then being brought around the morning market (which included the fish market) to buy all the necessary ingredients for your cookery class.

Have done pretty much all of the recipes over the years but most have to be translated from Thai-English to actual English.

If there is anything in particular you are looking to cook, let me know me know and I'll check to see if there is a recipe for it in the book.

Comment

Sydney seems to be tracking a few weeks ahead of Ireland at this stage.
                                                                            Restaurants opening back up this weekend.
                                                                            Can have 5 guests over to your house. Up from 2 for the last few weeks.

Sports back soon. Lack of jiu jitsu is getting to me at this point. Could care less about the gym though.

Comment

Sydney seems to be tracking a few weeks ahead of Ireland at this stage.
                                                                              Restaurants opening back up this weekend.
                                                                              Can have 5 guests over to your house. Up from 2 for the last few weeks.

Sports back soon. Lack of jiu jitsu is getting to me at this point. Could care less about the gym though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                You have been sounding unusually grumpy (to me,at least) of late. More your posts in the old place.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I still have the 'cook book' from when I did a Thai cooking course in Chang Mai in 2002.

I'll never forget it. We booked it up but managed (quite easily) to go on the absolute lash the night before. There is nothing quite like going on a session for 18 hours, having a few hours kip, and then being brought around the morning market (which included the fish market) to buy all the necessary ingredients for your cookery class.

Have done pretty much all of the recipes over the years but most have to be translated from Thai-English to actual English.

If there is anything in particular you are looking to cook, let me know me know and I'll check to see if there is a recipe for it in the book.
                                                                                  Fair play Brian.

Once things are back to normal, where's a good Thai shop in Dublin?

Comment

March.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                        Boost bar is some piece of choc.
                                                                                        A great bar I had for the first time recently is a Crunch (by Nestlé) - Seriously a surprise for me.

Only reason I had one is due to have a bite of an M&Ms bar (Mars) and being told they’re pretty much the same as Crunch.

Obv the +ev play is Crunch going forward to I’ll return to them.

Have always meant to branch out away from Cadburys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Seems pretty inevitable now that schools will only open at 50% capacity in September - so each kid only does half a week. Going to be such a bollix.
                                                                                          France or Ireland? I really hope there's more and more evidence that kids are essentially harmless in the next month or two

Comment

France or Ireland? I really hope there's more and more evidence that kids are essentially harmless in the next month or two
                                                                                            Is there not evidence out there already that kids are asymptomatic?

50% of people with the virus are asymptomatic, fail to see why kids would be different

Not get hit by it for some reason... fine, but why not carry it?... it's a virus

Comment

Fair play Brian.

Tom Yum Soup - the BEST Thai Tom Yum Goong recipe you'll find online. Loaded with shrimp and mushroom, Tom Yum is spicy, sour, savory, and addictive!

That's the Tom yum recipe I use, but that's a great site in general.
                                                                                              You'll see same ingredients pop up, fish sauce, oyster sauce, good soy sauce, lemongrass , fresh ginger which freezes well. I've never cooked a thai dish and not been able to get the ingredients in oriental pantry on Moore st.

This tom kha soup (Thai coconut chicken) is just perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty- the best I've ever had! Whole30, paleo, vegan options.

Pretty good also. When you get used to the same flavors you'll be able to cook a Thai style noodle broth or stir fry easy.

If you're not arsed making your own pastes like me most of the time the Mae Ploy ones are the best in my opinion. They have them in the shop above along with the chilli paste for the Tom yum which is used in plenty of other dishes
                                                                                              Last edited by eamonhonda; 16-05-20, 10:07.
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

There is evidence but there'll need to be a heap more before they go business as usual. A lot of the research suggests asymptomatic = low contagion because the viral load is low and you're not coughing it out into the atmosphere.

Comment

Actually lot of the dishes probably use galangal , but often substitute ginger. Can get that in same place too
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

There is evidence but there'll need to be a heap more before they go business as usual. A lot of the research suggests asymptomatic = low contagion because the viral load is low and you're not coughing it out into the atmosphere.
                                                                                                    I'm not looking at asymptomatic as a good thing with regards loosening measures

If lower risk... great, but a carrier is a carrier and I wouldn't want to be an older teacher if safety unknown

Don't they thing that it could have been asymptomatic people who spread it through the hospitals/care homes etc... not showing signs, not tested enough... carry on working

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                      From RTÉ website
                                                                                                      Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                        I'm not looking at asymptomatic as a good thing with regards loosening measures

If lower risk... great, but a carrier is a carrier and I wouldn't want to be an older teacher if safety unknown

Don't they thing that it could have been asymptomatic people who spread it through the hospitals/care homes etc... not showing signs, not tested enough... carry on working
                                                                                                        Get in subs for teachers over a certain age or with conditions. A lot of people cannot go back to work until teachers do.

If crèches can go back than why not schools.

Comment

You can sometimes forget the death toll and the lockdown, and I'm sure kids are so quiet that ye barely notice them being around all the time.
                                                                                                          But the lack of a Eurovision this year is the sort of thing which really makes it all hit home.

Should have been the greatest day in the IPB calendar, but alas we have to wait another 12 months.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Fair play Brian.

Smyths in tallaght village
                                                                                                            Last edited by balfejohn; 16-05-20, 11:11.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                              Smyths in tallaght village

nice

Comment

We have taken a decision to maintain our Working From Home arrangement until 1st October2020 at the earliest.
                                                                                                                I haven't worn jocks in a month, saving a fortune on the washing

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Gemma O'Doherty has released the full transcript from their trip to the High Court:

It's so much better than you imagine. Plenty of withering knockout blows, just a couple of early ones to garner your interest:

MS O'DOHERTY: Judge, could you return my copy of Bunreacht na hÉireann to
                                                                                                                      24 me, please?
                                                                                                                      25 JUDGE: Certainly.

28 JUDGE: -- and I am making certain observations, which may be to your benefit,
                                                                                                                      29 Ms O'Doherty, I don't know, I am just making certain observations.

JUDGE: You're making a speech again, Ms O'Doherty.
                                                                                                                      14 MS O'DOHERTY: -- their right to assembly, I'm sorry, I -- you know, this is the
                                                                                                                      15 way I speak, Judge.
                                                                                                                      16 JUDGE: Indeed.
                                                                                                                      17 MS O'DOHERTY: If you -- I mean, I'm not interfering with the manner in which
                                                                                                                      18 you speak.
                                                                                                                      19 JUDGE: Well, and nor should you, Ms O'Doherty.

It's utterly fabulous.

EDIT: all transcripts here
                                                                                                                      Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 16-05-20, 13:00.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        https://rasamalaysia.com/tom-yum-recipe

That's the Tom yum recipe I use, but that's a great site in general.
                                                                                                                        You'll see same ingredients pop up, fish sauce, oyster sauce, good soy sauce, lemongrass , fresh ginger which freezes well. I've never cooked a thai dish and not been able to get the ingredients in oriental pantry on Moore st.

This tom kha soup (Thai coconut chicken) is just perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty- the best I've ever had! Whole30, paleo, vegan options.

Pretty good also. When you get used to the same flavors you'll be able to cook a Thai style noodle broth or stir fry easy.

If you're not arsed making your own pastes like me most of the time the Mae Ploy ones are the best in my opinion. They have them in the shop above along with the chilli paste for the Tom yum which is used in plenty of other dishes
                                                                                                                        Brilliant stuff man, thanks. I'll head in there as soon as I can.

Was in Eurasia yesterday, they always have a few exotic pastes and that that you won't find in an ordinary shop.

Picked up a Prik Khing curry paste, gonna give that a lash.

Not tonight though, I'm making your koftas again. They're outstanding.

Comment

Fair play Brian.

I usually go into the Asia Market in Drury Street.

They have another branch in Ballymount as far as I know if that is easier for you to get to.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X