Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed there's a new Charlie Brooker Wipe on BBC2 at 9pm today.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
      When I lived in the US I had to change my pronunciation of certain words. The one that stands out in my memory is four. I pronounced the r rather long and people didn't understand the word.
      Yeah I can relate. My brothers name is Barry. But they pronounce it Bairy.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

FML!

Meant to send an e-mail to Mrs Lao Lao and ended up sending it to a randomer, no idea who they are but they work for one of my biggest customers. I've never dealt with them before so can only assume they were put in copy of some correspondance with the customer and hence picked up by Outlook. Both names share the first three letters and normally when I type them in, Mrs Lao Lao is the fist name that pops up, not sure why it changed this time.

I'm usually so careful with this so somewhat annoyed at myself and also a tad embarressed. Thankfully, nothing saucy in the e-mail, just me blabbing on about shite

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
          I think a lot of people hold China fully responsible for this pandemic. You'll see a lot of people move away from buying Chinese products. You'll see multiple troll farms set up to spread the word that x company has links to China and you shouldn't do business with them. Interesting times ahead for sure.
          You'll see a lot of people move back when they get sick of paying 300% more for equal other.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            spotted Lazare out for a socially distant run earlier, he wasn't striding out great so presumably still recuperating from injury?
            Haha, good to see you. Was warming myself up for a 20 min tempo run down to the canal. Gorgeous day for it.

Comment

spotted Lazare out for a socially distant run earlier, he wasn't striding out great so presumably still recuperating from injury?
              Our Conor not striding out. Did you nostalgicly wipe a tear ?

Comment

FAO Strewelpeter re: that Rousseauian LotF article you posted the other day:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  done. very strange how they basically repeat every question
                  Spelled browser wrong on initial screen /grammarpedant

and questionnaire /canthelpmyself
                  Last edited by mocata; 14-05-20, 17:44.
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

That's sounds accurate and I do think it still resonates well with the article.
                    I read a lot of Golding in my teens early twenties and as I remember it they were all really well written but i can't remember anything of any of them and have no yearning to reread him at all.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      No 2 Son is doing a project that is trying to measure sentiment and reaction to playing a short excerpt from a game he's made

If anyone has 20 minutes to play it and answer the survey it would be a great help to them
                      The game is designed for a gaming rig but for the purposes of the survey you can play it in a web browser (probably not on mobile), and don't need to have any experience playing games to try it out:

It takes a while to load into a browser but it runs quite smoothly for me once it does.
                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      done. very strange how they basically repeat every question
                      Apparently there is some reasoning behind what looks like an odd questionnaire. Wasn't that repeating of questions a major feature of the career survey Hotspur linked last week. He's flat out getting the thing across the line, himself and the lad he's working with have rented a cottage in the country for a few weeks to do a in intensive code camp to get through the final big piece of work they have to do.
                      Then with any luck he can finally, at 30 and with more degrees than you could shake a stick at, retire from being a student and start earning

Comment

We are working with a company at the moment to try and build some of our company's training into a HTML5 platform. They are converting solidworks models of the factory and premises into VR walkthroughs, potentially bringing in Images from CCTV/Phones to overlay actual incidents or near-misses in the relevant areas.
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

That's great, thanks for sharing

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is very mild but also devastating.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                This is interesting. New battery tech thats going to be generally available that should make electric cars cost the same as traditional cars. Once the maths make sense of this, and that seems soon, we're going to need a fcktonne more of electric power plants as petrol stations will be going the way of landfills.
                                Spent hours upon hours putting together a grant application for battery research only for the funding agency to decide not to have a call this year. It's a bit of a waffly article: 'aim to rework the math'...what is that? I wouldn't say it's new technology. They're probably just working on the same stuff as everyone else but I assume he's getting the top people.

Cobalt free batteries aren't really an innovation...they're a technological step backwards necessitated by the fact that most of it comes from the Congo. If they've solved what the article calls 'materials and coatings that will reduce internal stress' then that is a big step forward (and my grant application up in smoke!). I suppose if they can shave a few percent out of lots of the roadblocks that equals big gains. Definitely the thing to be working on in materials science right now.

Comment

So RD is on tiktok....gonna need to see some videos...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    So RD is on tiktok....gonna need to see some videos...
                                    My daughter is. I'm not really sure what it is tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      My daughter is. I'm not really sure what it is tbh.
                                      JaJaJa, cant wait till the video of you swinging your panties around your head jumping off the wardrobe goes viral x

Comment

There was an auld fella called Dice
                                        For shitters he'd do a good price
                                        Until along came this disease
                                        Made the jacks business freeze
                                        And his diet consist of boiled rice

Comment

Not my best, out of practice.

Fellatio horatio

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            JaJaJa, cant wait till the video of you swinging your panties around your head jumping off the wardrobe goes viral x
                                            He did that at one of the horse head elite dinners surely?

Comment

Newswipe

Philema Cunk trying to sound stupid while talking about Boris is actually sounding very smart

Shows how fucked up England is
                                              Last edited by Guest; 14-05-20, 21:11.

Comment

Comment

Who was talking about German beer recently, Denny?

According to my German amigo Bernd (fondly known as 'Toast', i.e. burnt toast) the beers of Bavaria are overrated and Franconia is where it's at. I must confess to never having heard of Franconia, which apparently is the region around Nuremburg, or indeed its allegedly excellent beer.

Need some recommendations and\or further info please.

Comment

How are you watching BBC from abroad elshambo?
                                                    I did a runner out of France in March, didn't really have an option, anyhu Cannes with soldiers roaming the streets and everything shut was fear grim

Now stuck in Sligo

However Sligo in lockdown, with everything shut, in the nice weather, is actually bearable

Comment

If you multiply SatNav movie reviews by -1, they are pretty spot on
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Talented if highly-strung individual.
                                                        Lazare (40 yo white/cream colt) is from a prestigious Dublin bloodline.
                                                        Latecomer to racing, has shown good attitude and continuous improvement at middle and long distance events below Group level.
                                                        One to put away for the summer and fatten up for a novice hurdle campaign in Spring 2021. Will jump a fence in due course. Likely improve with gelding.
                                                        Contact Noel@irishbloodstock.ie

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                          He did that at one of the horse head elite dinners surely?
                                                          Burgers just gone on Dom. Don't break the website.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Talented if highly-strung individual.
                                                            Lazare (40 yo white/cream colt) is from a prestigious Dublin bloodline.
                                                            Latecomer to racing, has shown good attitude and continuous improvement at middle and long distance events below Group level.
                                                            One to put away for the summer and fatten up for a novice hurdle campaign in Spring 2021. Will jump a fence in due course. Likely improve with gelding.
                                                            Contact Noel@irishbloodstock.ie

Bitta fattenin with these burgers

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                              I did a runner out of France in March, didn't really have an option, anyhu Cannes with soldiers roaming the streets and everything shut was fear grim

Now stuck in Sligo

However Sligo in lockdown, with everything shut, in the nice weather, is actually bearable
                                                              Was gonna at your stuck in sligo comment until I read the last part and see you realise how grand it is with this weather. Inwas planning on heading to Kerry the weekend of the lockdown. Wish I'd just fucked off now cos all the photos of lads there are making me sick

Comment

This is interesting. New battery tech thats going to be generally available that should make electric cars cost the same as traditional cars. Once the maths make sense of this, and that seems soon, we're going to need a fcktonne more of electric power plants as petrol stations will be going the way of landfills.
                                                                Presume that's just like all the other magic beans he's been promising over the years.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    If you multiply SatNav movie reviews by -1, they are pretty spot on
                                                                    Ah cmon did ya get any oul giggle out of it all. I thought was very funny in these depressing times
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      FML!

Meant to send an e-mail to Mrs Lao Lao and ended up sending it to a randomer, no idea who they are but they work for one of my biggest customers. I've never dealt with them before so can only assume they were put in copy of some correspondance with the customer and hence picked up by Outlook. Both names share the first three letters and normally when I type them in, Mrs Lao Lao is the fist name that pops up, not sure why it changed this time.

I'm usually so careful with this so somewhat annoyed at myself and also a tad embarressed. Thankfully, nothing saucy in the e-mail, just me blabbing on about shite
                                                                      I dunno if its only me, but I've never ever sent the wife an email. Just thinking about it there, I dont have a clue what id even say in it, lol. If shes not within ear distance, a phone call is as far as it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                        We went into phase 1 on Monday, bars were allowed to open but only outside seating for 50% capacity allowed, distanced tables, disinfect when customer leaves and before next person sits down etc. Not allowed enter the premises, take a seat outside and wait to be served. You can enter to go to the toilet as long as there is no-one else inside except staff member obv.

A lot of bars with small terrace space are not opening as it's not worth it.

It was a shit show in a lot of places so far, people putting up FB pics with arms around each other , so I wouldn't be surprised if we are back in phase 0 in a couple of weeks.

Entertainment not allowed (although a couple of the bigger bars did take a chance on that) so I don't know when I'll be back working. Exercise is allowed between certain times (my age group 6am - 10am and 8pm - 11pm) but if I want to go to the pub I can go anytime of day . Haven't bothered but I am seeing friends tomorrow at their house.
                                                                        I'd say lucky you (as we're still at phase 0 in Valencia) but in truth I'm not sure I want to be sitting in a bar or a restaurant at this point.

As of the week before last we can go for a walk/exercise each day, same hours as you obviously. That's enough for now, I wouldn't say I'm afraid of being around people and maybe catching it but I don't see the need to take the risk for the sake of a drink or a bite to eat.

Do miss seeing our friends so maybe if we get to phase 1 next week or whatever we'll arrange to go for dinner or have them over to ours but as most of them have elderly parents there is definitely a worry there that one of the group may have it and unwittingly pass it on.

I think this is one of the bigger potential issues moving forward, people afraid of picking it up by doing normal things. Especially those with vulnerable family members.
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                          Ah cmon did ya get any oul giggle out of it all. I thought was very funny in these depressing times
                                                                          It's a tough audience on here Michelle . I thought it was amusing in parts .

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                            I dunno if its only me, but I've never ever sent the wife an email. Just thinking about it there, I dont have a clue what id even say in it, lol. If shes not within ear distance, a phone call is as far as it goes.
                                                                            Dear Mrs Connie147,

Now that we have gotten used to the excitement and use of this new thing they call electricity . I was just wondering what we’ll do with all those candle supplies we have stored in the toilet out by the barn. Perhaps Fr Mikey Molloy could use them. Perhaps we could also use up some of that parchment paper now also. I have some ink left and would like to pen a thank you letter to the viceroy for allowing Mikey a spot on the ship. I heard Franz Ferdinand was assassinated in Europe, this could be the beginning of something. I miss you terribly. I’m in the scullery pealing spuds , perhaps drop in to say hello

Your darling Husband Connie@skullery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Now stuck in Sligo

Sligo with good weather is actually an amazing place, it's the weather that kills it. Walking up Knocknarea beside my house on a sunny day, some of my best memories.

Read this for the first time last year, great book. Very different and much better than I thought it would be.

Comment

It's quite sad, and also oddly fascinating, to watch the US death toll shoot past each wartime marker
                                                                                • Korean War
                                                                                • Vietnam
                                                                                • WW1 - 116,000 US deaths. So maybe 10-14 days before they reach that.

and the WH insanity just rolls on...

Comment

It would never enter my head to send her an email, a text or a call. An email would be just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                    It would never enter my head to send her an email, a text or a call. An email would be just weird.
                                                                                    If you're both office workers?

I often email Mrs D3 when at my desk, she gets it immediately at hers..convenient, no need to look at a phone etc.

Comment

I often email Mrs D3 when at my desk, she gets it immediately at hers..convenient, no need to look at a phone etc.
                                                                                      yes this, it also serves useful as a written record, given the propensity for revisionist history of our conversations my wife tends to exhibit.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                        yes this, it also serves useful as a written record given the propensity for revisionist history of our conversations my wife tends to exhibit.
                                                                                        Can also serve as evidence for the prosecution

To: Mrs D3
                                                                                        From: RD3
                                                                                        Subject: drink after work

just meeting the lads for a quick one after work, should be home by 8 at the latest.
                                                                                        although the lack of am\pm qualifier after the 8 could be seen as mitigating circumstances

Comment

yes this, it also serves useful as a written record, given the propensity for revisionist history of our conversations my wife tends to exhibit.
                                                                                          YES. wimmin have great memories for things that didn't happen .

Comment

Ha! That's universal.

Comment

Just two minutes ago my wife was arguing with me about choc ices and feasts.

Last week I was heading over to the shop, was getting the kids Calippos. Asked her did she want anything and she clearly said a choc ice.

Got back with the choc ice and she says 'wtf is that, where's me Feast?'

Still arguing with me today that she said Feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Last week I was heading over to the shop, was getting the kids Calippos. Asked her did she want anything and she clearly said a choc ice.

She said Choc ice and she knows it. Pissing in the wind here .

Comment

Oh they always know it.

Gaslighting me she is.

Comment

It’s a lot easier emailing a website address than calling it out over the phone.

Comment

Your first issue was believing that someone would willing choose a choc ice over a feast - shouldn't happen in any version of this universe!

Oh, I guess it wasn't a binary choice, you just asked 'what do you want?'; even still, willingly choosing a choc ice should raise all kinds of red flags. Worst icecream option imaginable IMHO.

Comment

Any IM program, even whatsapp in your browser. This is an old person thing.

Though i can't say anything, this is a quote somebody put online from me on IRC 15 years ago:

#602223 +(1497)- [X]

(TarAldarion) just a bit shocked that my roommate is pregnant
                                                                                                        (Ruu) was it a shock to her also?
                                                                                                        (TarAldarion) dunno yet
                                                                                                        (TarAldarion) havnt talked to her
                                                                                                        (TarAldarion) read her blog
                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-05-20, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                          Your first issue was believing that someone would willing choose a choc ice over a feast - shouldn't happen in any version of this universe!

Oh, I guess it wasn't a binary choice, you just asked 'what do you want?'; even still, willingly choosing a choc ice should raise all kinds of red flags. Worst icecream option imaginable IMHO.
                                                                                                          You deffo drink girly cocktails and sneer at the Guinness men.

Comment

We both work in offices and spend large amounts of our day sitting at a desk behind a computer - It's actually way easier to e-mail during the day than call or text/what's app

On the subject of What's App, Mrs Lao Lao used to give out to me that I often didn't reply to her messages. Now, it's not like I ignored them but if I got a message from her saying something like 'meeting X friend for a walk, will be home around 7pm', I'd just read it and not reply as to me it doesn't need to be replied to, sure she'd proably get home before me anway. To her though, she thought I should acknowledge her message.

So, I started to correct the error of my ways and whenever I got one of these type of texts, I would always respond with the following three words;

'Received and acknowledged'

Used to drive her mad
                                                                                                            Last edited by Lao Lao; 15-05-20, 13:44.

Comment

Pick your battles bro

Comment

best way to resolve this is to never bring her what she asked for . she asks for a feast then bring her a choc ice, calippo? bring her a solero etc.

she then gets to win the argument every time without ever getting what she wants. Balance of power restored

Comment

Using email for what WhatsApp and previously SMS were invented for is just plain geriatric...
                                                                                                                  And you freaks think I'm the oul lad around here

Comment

Overs/Unders on mass chaos this weekend with restrictions lifting monday?
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Overs/Unders on mass chaos this weekend with restrictions lifting monday?
                                                                                                                      define 'mass chaos'

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        The mandatory facemasks on public transport or in shops seems like a no brainer. I'd say it will be in operation within the next few weeks and only isn't currently due to poor planning re supplies. We're in poor company when you compare to countries who haven't made it law at this stage.
                                                                                                                        This now updated to it being "recommended that face coverings be worn in public places such as shops or on busy public transport".

That's a horribly weak and vague middle ground where they're kinda admitting they got it wrong but not doing nearly enough to ensure it gets adhered to.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Monday isn't much really?
                                                                                                                          • You can still only go 5km
                                                                                                                          • Only new shops opening will be garden centres etc
                                                                                                                          • You can meet people you don't live with at a distance in parks

that's it, right?

It's not mad big bang moment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X