• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump talking to Lenin now

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
      Surely someone see this eventually and have a fix for it
      Did you not see my reply to my earlier reply to you? I'll restate the question below, and add a couple of others.

- Are you using? http or https? If using http, try using https instead. Do any of these links work?

- Have you tried this on multiple devices? Does it fail on all devices?
      - Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
      - Is it just your notifications you are having problems with?

In terms of these problems in general - I just don't really know. A few people are saying that X or Y or Z are working, but my assumptions is that is is fine for most people. I'm not having any issues for example, so when something is broken that doesn't have a clear "This thing is broken for everyone" type problem, it's bloody difficult for someone like me to know how to fix it. I'm not a professional at this (obviously), and there is only me I'm afraid who is available, in the relatively scant time I have available.

Comment

Horatio mate, I'm so sorry.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
          Unfortunately Covid 19 proved to be one virus too many for my Mam. She passed away this morning. I wish I had appreciated her more.
          Condolences. My mother is mid 80's and I haven't seen her in over 2 months, and the thought that I might never again because of this is not one I want to think very often. Horrible times for you and lots of other families.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that man, look after yourself.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sorry to hear Horatio. My condolences.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The above is exactly why people switch off from the liberal agenda. The Guardian, a bastion of left leaning reporting, having this on the front page.

Eye roll central.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-rugby-player

The above is exactly why people switch off from the liberal agenda. The Guardian, a bastion of left leaning reporting, having this on the front page.

Eye roll central.
                  Did you not read the article?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Did you not read the article?
                    I did, it's careless, poor planning, dangerous and a few other things, sexist I don't think so.

There's enough sexism in the world to write articles about rather than have to force it into that issue
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      I did, it's careless, poor planning, dangerous and a few other things, sexist I don't think so.
                      My thoughts too having read it. That headline sells though.

Comment

One of the main arguments Feminists have always had is that the world is run by men, for men. What they describe in the article is basically the definition of sexism.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

There's enough sexism in the world to write articles about rather than have to force it into that issue
                          That carelessness and poor planning you speak of - is it more likely to impact women? If so, why?

Comment

It's the shortarse skinny marginalised men I feel sorry for.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  No reason why they shouldn't be Green Party policies. It's perfectly ok for them to have policies outside the core 'green' issues.
                                  For sure, but still not sure what the "social contract" is.

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                  That carelessness and poor planning you speak of - is it more likely to impact women? If so, why?
                                  Well if you erred on the side of caution bigger is better no? I think talking about the exact sizing not being correct is more to do with lack of preparation that some bloke trying on one ans saying it fits me so it's grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    As cardshark says. It's precisely that there was a team of male designers designing the PPE that it has ended up being suited for men.

This is cold card sexism and is endemic in society.
                                    This is not a hill I'm willing to die on by any means.

I just thought the point in the article regarding 75% of NHS workers being women but far less than 75% of PPE is made to fit women was interesting.

Is it fair to say that the PPE being used is not exactly fit for purpose anyway?

If true, possibly the vast majority of those who use this type of PPE normally are actually overwhelmingly men hence the issues with lack of correct sizes for women?

Comment

Pray for the scousers.

AMSTERDAM — The rest of the Dutch soccer league was cancelled on Friday and leading team Ajax won’t be declared the champion. The Eredivisie is the first top-tier European league to end its season prematurely because of the coronavirus crisis, but its ...
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        Actually found it interesting, and refreshing really, that I haven't heard one single Liverpool fan complain about the situation.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Actually found it interesting, and refreshing really, that I haven't heard one single Liverpool fan complain about the situation.
                                          Hopefully there isn't going to be a lifetime of it.

Comment

Did we not get a load of PPE from China that was too small? Can we do a trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              It will be interesting to see, whenever it is we get back to 'normal', will people assimilate whatever it is they have learnt through this period or will they just go straight back into their usual routines\habits?

For me:
                                              1. I miss commuting. 20\25 mins each way on the bike every day was a great way to get into and out of the work day
                                              2. I'm working harder if anything from home. Lucky to have a job I guess.
                                              3. I'm reading a lot more
                                              4. I've done a ton of house\garden jobs (to the point where I have pretty much run out). Suspect this is displacement activity.
                                              5. I haven't spent as much time with the kids as I thought, they all seem to have developed their own routines. Good to see them interacting with each other much more though (probably whispering what a bollix dad is).
                                              6. I have been appreciating nature more, having St Annes Park and Bull Island on the doorstep is a godsend
                                              7. I don't really miss sport at all, it truly is the 'great triviality'
                                              8. I'm bored with the news now, hardly consume any.
                                              9. I'm eating a LOT. Sweet tooth reactivated.
                                              RD II - are you, like Lazare one of the enchanted (or wannabe!) St Annes denizens? I am an All Saints Road-er (well, until I moved 36 years ago! But frequently return undercover!) Did you see poor oul Tommy Fitz died very recently, RIP. If I have all this wrong, apologies, blame it on the lockdown ...

Comment

Shit - RD III, Godammit !!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    Think if Bundesliga get their season back on track, the bigger leagues will follow suit. Smaller leagues will probably just void it like the Dutch

Comment

I'm not sure, but that person who wrote Invisible Women wrote about it two years ago, so seems more like a longstanding issue. Her book was excellently researched imo and she seemed the opposite of someone with an axe to grind - very rational in her logic and everything supported by copious decent citations.
                                                      I have no doubts whatsoever, I read Rebecca Traisters Good & Mad last year which discusses similar topics. Currently reading another book on marginalised groups in the UK so I completely get the institutionalised problems that exist for many which I'll never fully understand.

I think it's less about the issue at hand(which is obviously serious) than how it is framed by the article.
                                                      Make the story about the health risks as a result of PPE failure than about the sexism that has led to the failure.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Think if Bundesliga get their season back on track, the bigger leagues will follow suit. Smaller leagues will probably just void it like the Dutch
                                                        What happened with your 20 point bet? Still pending? Is there a cash out option available?
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          What happened with your 20 point bet? Still pending? Is there a cash out option available?
                                                          Still pending, yes. I enquired about a cash out pre corona to see what kind of deal they would offer and they said they wouldn't be offering anything and were happy to let it ride which I was quite happy with tbh.

Comment

Still pending, yes. I enquired about a cash out pre corona to see what kind of deal they would offer and they said they wouldn't be offering anything and were happy to let it ride which I was quite happy with tbh.
                                                            Yeah I guess it doesn't make much sense for bookies to offer cash out on winning ante post slips if they can get them void if league is cancelled.

Would be vomit if it did get void, fingers crossed they finish it though.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

So sorry to hear that Horatio. Thoughts with you all.

I hope she didn't suffer.

It is my biggest fear this happening to my folks. I hate the fact I am so far away if something happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                I think it's less about the issue at hand(which is obviously serious) than how it is framed by the article.
                                                                Make the story about the health risks as a result of PPE failure than about the sexism that has led to the failure.
                                                                Why should they ignore the root cause? What good would that do?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Yeah I guess it doesn't make much sense for bookies to offer cash out on winning ante post slips if they can get them void if league is cancelled.

Would be vomit if it did get void, fingers crossed they finish it though.
                                                                  Ah yeah, there's no way I'd expect a cash out now, it was done in a shop anyway so I don't have the option through the app or anything.

I actually think this break gives the bet an even better chance of coming in so I really want them to finish the season.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Horatio
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Think he was just rhyming it with Smithwicks tbh
                                                                      In the Ireland of when he wrote that song there was to all intents and purposes just three beers on general sale, Guinness stout, Smithwicks ale and Harp had 80% + of the then tiny lager or 'women's beer' market and was often called Harpic
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thats awful Horatio, condolences to you and all your family.

Comment

Why should they ignore the root cause? What good would that do?
                                                                          Prioritise the most pressing matter which is the health of the workers.
                                                                          One can be solved far quicker than the other.

I just think framing as a matter of health in light of the current situation does more to address workers immediate health than framing as institutional sexism.

It's not a case of ignoring, it's a case of putting your weight behind the problem most at hand.
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 24-04-20, 20:01.

Comment

Comment

One of the main arguments Feminists have always had is that the world is run by men, for men. What they describe in the article is basically the definition of sexism.
                                                                              Maybe you're right.

I guess Im coming at if from a point of view that's its just careless and ignorance on behalf of men which you are saying is sexism, but I would have been of the mindframe that there would need to be a bit more "ah fuck the women they'll wear men's size" to class as sexism.

Bit shite whether it's sexism , ignorance or both. What about the 5'2" men though, huh? Huh? What ABOUT THE MEN! We're victims too you know!
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Latest Survivor (a season that is gloriously on fire)

SPOILER
                                                                                  Tony!
                                                                                  He's definitely the best and most exciting player.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Not me i swear....

Its very normal.
                                                                                        Don't ask me how I know that...
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If the season finishes you're almost certain to lose now though anyway/ If Liverpool were unbeaten they'd have more to play for but the season could literally be done after 1 game for them in theory even if it is played out in full.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Horatio.
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

One local bar is starting to deliver pints and taking €2 deposit on glasses

Comment

heh!

The fix on all these things is quite straightforward. Listen to people when they say something isn't fit for purpose. But nurses (largely female) have always been considered secondary to doctors (largely male) in healthcare systems - so the problem is that the NHS doesn't have the channels in place to address these issues. Of which I'm sure this is just one of many issues.
                                                                                                How much has the largely male doctor stat changed over the year I wonder?
                                                                                                My parents always tell a story about our local GP, a husband and wife shared practice, and when I came back from seeing the wife I claimed to have been with the nurse. I blame ER
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

It's shocking the toll this is taking on the elderly, over a dozen people of 80+ we know have died in the last week, at least half of them in the same nursing home.

After a difficult week where my father got a bit of an infection that I have under control now, the public health nurses who have been a huge support over the last years have suddenly changed their recommendation from the homecare package he has to saying that he needs 24 hour care.

Bizarrely I'm now trying to organise a room for him in a place where so many people he knows have died recently including one great friend of his who died there this morning. Talk about timing

The nursing home conversation wasn't even the most difficult part of the discussion with them; if I or any of the carers get sick or are contact traced the whole homecare situation is likely to stop and there is no plan B. They say they are already running into a few of those kind of situations and putting it up as something to prepare for even though they don't have any way of dealing with it.

Comment

A 'little' segue. A stat that surprised me recently. The the average height of a British woman is....

SPOILER
                                                                                                    5ft 4.7in

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                      If the season finishes you're almost certain to lose now though anyway/ If Liverpool were unbeaten they'd have more to play for but the season could literally be done after 1 game for them in theory even if it is played out in full.
                                                                                                      Ah come on... Not like chasers have much to play for either. Their record points total potential probably more incentive than City would have. He'd definitely be slight odds on to win as it stands
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            He's definitely the best and most exciting player.
                                                                                                            I'm not sure about best but definitely the most exciting this season which tbh I think is fairly weak. The edge of extinction gimmick is a dumpster fire. There are probably a good bit too many idols, advantages etc.

The episodes are like a caricature of what survivor used to be like. Remember you used to see them hanging around camp, building relationships, discussing strategy? There used to be a reward challenge and an immunity. Now it's just 10 mins of edge of extinction garbage, 10 mins of everyone standing on a pole to try and win immunity, 10 mins on buying advantages with tokens and/or turning over rocks to find idols, 10 mins of whispering at tribal council.

It's easy to see how it got to this stage with trying to keep it fresh but it's really kind of lost the sense in which it was just the perfectly designed game due to too many idols and gimmicks.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Keane; 24-04-20, 20:57.

Comment

This is rather funny in fairness.
                                                                                                              He was being ironic when he said that obviously.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm not sure about best but definitely the most exciting this season which tbh I think is fairly weak. The edge of extinction gimmick is a dumpster fire. There are probably a good bit too many idols, advantages etc.

The episodes are like a caricature of what survivor used to be like. Remember you used to see them hanging around camp, building relationships, discussing strategy? There used to be a reward challenge and an immunity. Now it's just 10 mins of edge of extinction garbage, 10 mins of everyone standing on a pole to try and win immunity, 10 mins on buying advantages with tokens and/or turning over rocks to find idols, 10 mins of whispering at tribal council.

It's easy to see how it got to this stage with trying to keep it fresh but it's really kind of lost the sense in which it was just the perfectly designed game due to too many idols and gimmicks.
                                                                                                                  Can't watch it anymore. They are basically giving idols and advantages to contestants who make for good TV.

Comment

My condolences horatio1, so sorry for your loss.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Nah. I think Klopp is so competitive he knows exactly what records are at stake to be broken. I didn't back the record points total alongside the same bet as they only offered 10/1 at the time.

As I said in another post, I think this break swings things in my favour with lads coming back raring to go after the break.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        One local bar is starting to deliver pints and taking €2 deposit on glasses
                                                                                                                        Saw the Orchard in Rathfarnam offering premixed cocktails from their menu for collection from their Off Licence. The bottles looked about 250ml to my untrained eye at €9 each or six for €45. Madness Ted.

Comment

This is rather funny in fairness.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          He was being ironic when he said that obviously.
                                                                                                                          It appears probable that Trump was actually pimping the Genesis II fraud that has been running for years

That shower of absolute cunce have been conning people and damaging children for years but you know as Denny says these are greatly successful business people, traders with stable genius and skin in the game so obviously as long as someone is getting a buck out of it then its all for the greater good.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X