This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    This is possibly the best news clipping I have ever read.
    The title is only scratching the surface.
    Was funnier 5 years ago https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/golden-ticket-arrest/
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
      nobody likes a party pooper

Comment

very good read about mitch mcconnel and trump

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
          Maybe that's where they got the idea from?

Would be the perfect cover. Go around committing crimes and defrauding people.
          When challenged by the authorities, point to some chain mail from 2006.
          "Fake News Mr Judge sir"
          "You're free to go. I do hope the police stop harassing you"

Comment

Biden sounding about as smart as The Donald (actually more like grandpa Simpson)

With the "Corn Pop" story making its rounds globally. I thought in fairness, people should see the full Joe Biden speech from the event, and not just a 2-min...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                The world is really unusual right now, this is the president of the United States folks.

We're in a time they'll talk about.

There is a similar one but if focuses on Birx's face as he spouts this nonsense. She looks like she wants to cry in anger and frustration.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I wonder will the image of "covid deaths now exceeding those who died in Vietnam" get much airplay when it happens (probably inside a week).

It's the kind of stat that might grab the popular imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    I wonder will the image of "covid deaths now exceeding those who died in Vietnam" get much airplay when it happens (probably inside a week).

For a period but not for long.

I've read it once already and it's been mentioned to me another time in the past few days.

Comment

Need a Movie with Ron Burgundy in the Whitehouse . Its waiting to be made. The material is there already. Start with grabbing a pussy . Who do I talk to ?

Comment

There is a similar one but if focuses on Birx's face as he spouts this nonsense. She looks like she wants to cry in anger and frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                          "Maybe you can, maybe you can't ... I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what," Trump said, pointing to his head.

Comment

Then he'll deny he said it.

We are so far through the looking glass that we have come out the other side and are believing six impossible things before breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              Need a Movie with Ron Burgundy in the Whitehouse . Its waiting to be made. The material is there already. Start with grabbing a pussy . Who do I talk to ?
                              Its been done:

Bigger than everything right now:http://www.makeamericaextragreat.com/

Comment

Ha, I'd never even heard of this before.

So Piers Morgan is clearly a tool of the highest order but I have to hand it to him, this took serious balls. Broke a rib too. I doubt he saw one of them.

Comment

Trumps's press conferences are like you've asked a random 6 year old to speculate how you might treat covid-19.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                    Trumps's press conferences are like you've asked a random 6 year old to speculate how you might treat covid-19.
                                    aaah... a 6 year old wouldn't tell you inject Dettol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      Hes more Mahogany than Burgundy.

Actually a funny movie forgot about him

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        aaah... a 6 year old wouldn't tell you inject Dettol
                                        It might, although it doesn't take a special stable genius to come up with that.

I await the stories from hicktown of people hospitalised after drinking bleach.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                          It might, although it doesn't take a special stable genius to come up with that.

I await the stories from hicktown of people hospitalised after drinking bleach.
                                          Fr Jack ahead of the curve

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Even Christy Moore sang about drinking Harpic. This is not news people .

Comment

FAMOUS HARP LAGER AD FROM '92. THE ONE WITH THE CAMEL AND FLYING PIG.

Comment

Spot the Fr Ted link in that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                    Anyone watch ep 1 yet gangs of london. Jaysus it's rough. Excellent!!!
                                                    Found it OK'sh -not a patch on Peaky Blinders

Watch Unorthodoxy-interesting

Comment

Spot the Fr Ted link in that
                                                      Is the barman Fr Dick Byrne?
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm told I need to get a cordless vacuum cleaner, I'm loathe to put a penny in that creep Dyson's pocket but the brand awareness is strong so i need something demonstrably better.
                                                        Any ideas?
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              I'm told I need to get a cordless vacuum cleaner, I'm loathe to put a penny in that creep Dyson's pocket but the brand awareness is strong so i need something demonstrably better.
                                                              Any ideas?
                                                              Got a V11 at xmas, unreal on what it took up from carpets ! Came from a corded miele, not a patch on the Dyson.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                debated about sending this, but wtf there's only about five 'people of colour' in the whole country and the poor Polish who are maybe 10% of the population and get no media coverage are excluded for having the wrong skin colour. Think the journo thinks she works on the downtown Baltimore nightshift not whiter than an uncooked meringue Ireland.

Depends where you are but central Dublin in particular is as diverse as any other international-facing city imo.
                                                                Wouldn't mind seeing some authoritative source for counting # of Asians vs Africans but would imagine vastly more Asians.
                                                                Obviously drops off as you move into suburbia and then the countryside is pretty much as it ever was.

Even looking at the kids; my daughters best friends are part-Vietnamese, part-Italian and Polish.

Comment

Green Party demands for entering government - which seems like it is going to happen. A few are debatable, a few are impractical, but not a bad overall set of ideas.

1. Will you commit to convening a social dialogue process representative of all key stakeholders with a view to developing of a new social contract?
                                                                  2. Will you commit to establishing a trial of Universal Basic Income (UBI) within the lifetime of the next Government?
                                                                  I'm not sure why these are Green policies? i'd also like to know what the current "social contract" is frankly.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  My birthday too. Let's annoy everyone here by marvelling that the odds must be hundreds to one.
                                                                  well 365 days in the year and there's two of you so it must be 182.5/1!

Comment

Any ideas?
                                                                    shark and vax seem to be the biggest rivals

we bought a dyson one, it's pretty great tbh, the only thing letting it down is battery life

Comment

Kitty Holland is worth ignoring. She writes mad stuff.

She went on a long tirade about gentrification by "chain restaurants", because Colin Harmon opened Gertrude on Pearse Street. It's been an empty building for years, but somehow that's way over the top gentrification. Only Ranelagh is allowed to have restaurants.

Comment

Any ideas?
                                                                        You can have mine.

It's just gathering dust.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

we bought a dyson one, it's pretty great tbh, the only thing letting it down is battery life
                                                                          Yeah I wouldn't get a dyson again based on Battery life and more recently seeing what a tit your man is!, I think though the problem is it is always charging when in the holder, if the battery was full should shut down charging

Comment

How does Pokio work? Is each club segregated? Or is there a combined players pool?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                              I'm not sure why these are Green policies? i'd also like to know what the current "social contract" is frankly.
                                                                              No reason why they shouldn't be Green Party policies. It's perfectly ok for them to have policies outside the core 'green' issues.

Comment

debated about sending this, but wtf there's only about five 'people of colour' in the whole country and the poor Polish who are maybe 10% of the population and get no media coverage are excluded for having the wrong skin colour. Think the journo thinks she works on the downtown Baltimore nightshift not whiter than an uncooked meringue Ireland.

which race in Ireland would be the better off financially on average? I wonder is this what she meant implying ethnicities would make up lower income households?

Comment

just watched Possessor. New fil by Brandon Cronenberg, son of David. Well it's fair to say the apple didn't fall far from the tree. great fucked up film to say the least.

Another nutjob to follow!!!!

Comment

Any ideas?
                                                                                    Get rid of the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                      I

well 365 days in the year and there's two of you so it must be 182.5/1!
                                                                                      Leap years must be the house edge.

Comment

From the Guardian:

The company that makes Dettol has issued a warning against consuming or injecting disinfectants, after Donald Trump, the US president, suggested it would “interesting to check” whether doing so could help cure patients of coronavirus.

Comment

Barbequed Toulouse sausages for lunch. Mighty fine. Spectacular even.
                                                                                          This inspired me to drag the bbq out of the shed.

Don't know why I thought it would all beautiful and pristine when I opened it up. Several interesting new life forms blooming on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                            Can’t open the notifications page for when you have a message. Error coming up
                                                                                            Still the same
                                                                                            Anyone
                                                                                            Surely someone see this eventually and have a fix for it

Comment

Surely someone see this eventually and have a fix for it
                                                                                              It's not just you m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Kitty Holland is worth ignoring. She writes mad stuff.

She went on a long tirade about gentrification by "chain restaurants", because Colin Harmon opened Gertrude on Pearse Street. It's been an empty building for years, but somehow that's way over the top gentrification. Only Ranelagh is allowed to have restaurants.
                                                                                                Kitty was a few years ahead of me in school. Was pretty feisty back then too, hardly surprising when you consider who her mother was.

Comment

How does Pokio work? Is each club segregated? Or is there a combined players pool?
                                                                                                  Some clubs are part of a wider group. For example the Irish community group will have multiple clubs, the majority of your rake goes to the club you elect while a % goes to the community.

I'm a member of the Irish community group via one club, I'm in a Norwegian club via another and then in one smaller group which I believe may have recently joined another larger community.

It really depends on the club(s) you choose to join

Comment

Not me i swear....

Comment

Think he was just rhyming it with Smithwicks tbh

I assume it was pooled, or else they wouldn't have enough online together.
                                                                                                      Memories of the days when any ole joker had a tribecca skin

Comment

Unfortunately Covid 19 proved to be one virus too many for my Mam. She passed away this morning. I wish I had appreciated her more.

Comment

That’s awful news Horatio. Sincere condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                            Unfortunately Covid 19 proved to be one virus too many for my Mam. She passed away this morning. I wish I had appreciated her more.
                                                                                                            Sorry for your loss horatio

Comment

I bought a Vax. Their best model apparently.
                                                                                                              It's shite. Buy a dyson

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                Think he was just rhyming it with Smithwicks tbh

I assume it was pooled, or else they wouldn't have enough online together.
                                                                                                                Memories of the days when any ole joker had a tribecca skin
                                                                                                                I dont think so otherwise it would be Harpwicks .
                                                                                                                Perhaps you meant Smidik?

Comment

Very sad . My condolence to you and family I hope she didn't suffer too badly.

Comment

Thought Miele was considered the best brand for vacuum cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Thought Miele was considered the best brand for vacuum cleaners.
                                                                                                                      Miele is the best for washing machines ainec

Didn;t think they were that rated for vacuum cleaners though, and don't think they do cordless
                                                                                                                      Last edited by shrapnel; 24-04-20, 14:31.

Comment

Miele is the best for washing machines ainec

Didn;t think they were that rated for vacuum cleaners though, and don't think they do cordless
                                                                                                                        Shark is the one I've repeatedly read is the best value.

Similar design and spec to Dyson with a decent discount and relatively regular sales.

But if Dyson can make people hand over 500e for a hairdryer who am I to argue?

Comment

My worst nightmare has happened to you. Sincerest sympathies for your loss. May she RIP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X