Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it not just that the worse you are at something the more you overestimate your ability?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Is it not just that the worse you are at something the more you overestimate your ability?
      that's my understanding of it anyway.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          There was a young maid from Madras
          Who had a magnificent ass
          Not rounded and pink
          As you probably think
          It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.
          Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          There was a young man from Madras
          who's balls were made of brass
          in stormy weather
          they clicked together
          and sparks flew out of his arse

It's indicative of a caste with no class
          said the young Hindu gent and his lass
          it would sure make you wonder
          why so many of them ponder
          about the genitals of the youth of Madras
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Madras is the nut Limerick location tbf
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                Dom where's Des the Craft Beer man?

Enjoyed the half Little Fawn half Hazy IPA from White Hag last week. Was familiar with Little Fawn and the Hazy will be making its way into my basket in Stephens St news when i get back to work. Light enough that you could pound them and not feel like pure shite the next morning. Key when you have a near two year old in a state 'lockdown'.

Whiplash beers have always been my bag, especially their DIPAs but thankfully i can't get them online at the moment. I see they are selling through their own site and the Big Romance.
                Their half Body Riddle Half Rollover will be happening.

Any codes Des???
                Just paged him there.

Comment

Sure who doesn't like dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    So... yes?

Comment

Comment

‘On’ by Aphex Twin.Video directed by Jarvis Cocker.Buy/Stream: https://aphextwin.lnk.to/OnYD
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There was an IPBer called Shraaaap
                          Who contracted a dose of the clap
                          He went home to the wife
                          And begged for his life
                          But she shot out his kneecap

Comment

Nantucket
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

At a more basic level people estimate that they are above average at most things. Hence the greatest discrepancy from real ability will naturally be for those with the lowest ability.

Comment

There was a dodgy character called Hitch
                                Who scrotum had a most appalling itch
                                When asked to explain
                                What was causing the pain
                                "I sutured my balls with a stitch"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    At a more basic level people estimate that they are above average at most things. Hence the greatest discrepancy from real ability will naturally be for those with the lowest ability.
                                    Yeah, most people think they are way better than average at driving.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Except Ironing, putting on a new duvet cover , frying an egg without breaking the yoke and opening sachets without ruining my clothes. Everyone is better.

Comment

Poker is the nut example of it.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          frying an egg without breaking the yoke
                                          Here's a tip that will change your life.

Crack the egg and pour gently into an espresso cup, ramekin or similar. If you split the yoke, throw it out and go again.

Tip gently into hot oil.

Comment

There was this chancer called The Duke
                                            His rightwing hero worship would make you puke
                                            But when it came to child expense
                                            That all went past tense
                                            And he could quote a Trotsky line cut to suit

Comment

Except Ironing, putting on a new duvet cover , frying an egg without breaking the yoke and opening sachets without ruining my clothes. Everyone is better.
                                              Crack the egg on a flat surface not the edge off the pan
                                              When you crack it in a edge you can break the protective layer around the yoke hence the spill.

Duvet?
                                              Turn it inside out,
                                              put on corners,
                                              Grip middle in teeth,
                                              let it fall into place,
                                              shake

Ezy game

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Here's a tip that will change your life.

Crack the egg and pour gently into an espresso cup, ramekin or similar. If you split the yoke, throw it out and go again.

Tip gently into hot oil.
                                                I'm stressed out reading this . I shall have to climb into a duvet cover to calm myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  Crack the egg on a flat surface not the edge off the pan
                                                  When you crack it in a edge you can break the protective layer around the yoke hence the spill.

Duvet?
                                                  Turn it inside out,
                                                  put on corners,
                                                  Grip middle in teeth,
                                                  let it fall into place,
                                                  shake

Ezy game
                                                  You are better .
                                                  The egg broke in my teeth.

Comment

You are better .
                                                    Would explain the inability to open sachets

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      Duvet?
                                                      Turn it inside out,
                                                      put on corners,
                                                      Grip middle in teeth,
                                                      let it fall into place,
                                                      shake

Ezy game
                                                      thought we were doing limericks

Comment

There was a Sligo bogtrotter called Shamble
                                                        Across all of Europe he did ramble
                                                        When he got to the Med
                                                        He took to his bed
                                                        Because the covid removed all his gamble

Comment

Enjoying all the poetry and Hitchs pop psychology lessons today

Apparently we're past the peak of ICU admissions and deaths for the first wave according to this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...23043?mode=amp

We were predicted to go beyond the ICU bed capacity but we'll be significantly under based on 500 beds opposed to 250 which it was originally modelled on, also predicts UK to suffer the worst in Europe in the first wave which is up till early August.

Comment

Gove in isolation now. The Downing Street cat will be running the place shortly.

Comment

thought we were doing limericks
                                                              If you can't get the duvet cover on
                                                              And you head is way to far gone
                                                              Don't lay all stressed,
                                                              Freezing in your vest
                                                              Just put the fucking thing on!

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                Yeah, most people think they are way better than average at driving.
                                                                Just once I'd love to hear someone say 'I'm usually a pretty bad judge of character'

Comment

Needs a better last line

Comment

You are better .
                                                                    My method makes a good un....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

A bit like yourself Willie. A good egg.

Comment

A bit like yourself Willie. A good egg.
                                                                        Is that a big egg or a small plate?

Comment

Just once I'd love to hear someone say 'I'm usually a pretty bad judge of character'
                                                                          I am, but I've never felt the urge to say it to anyone.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Is that a big egg or a small plate?
                                                                              My 5 year old's dinner plate, she's a demon for fried eggs.

Comment

My method makes a good un....

[IMG][/IMG]
                                                                                I'll be over with the brown sauce in a minute . Can you scrape those bits off it before I get there .

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                  I am, but I've never felt the urge to say it to anyone.
                                                                                  Can work out . Amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    that's my understanding of it anyway.
                                                                                    I can confirm this to be true when it comes to me and tennis

Comment

Apparently South Africas death rate is at minus 278 due to the ol covid keeping the car jacking to a minimum .

Comment

There was a young boyo called Crane
                                                                                        A likeable chap in the main
                                                                                        But one post about Trump
                                                                                        The whole place gets the hump
                                                                                        Is he a genius a troll or insane.

Comment

Dom where's Des the Craft Beer man?
                                                                                          .0/

Enjoyed the half Little Fawn half Hazy IPA from White Hag last week. Was familiar with Little Fawn and the Hazy will be making its way into my basket in Stephens St news when i get back to work. Light enough that you could pound them and not feel like pure shite the next morning. Key when you have a near two year old in a state 'lockdown'.
                                                                                          why aren't you ordering off them for delivery, it's a fiver and next day in Dublin if you order early in the day

www.craftcentral.ie is Stephen St News, and they have mix and match 4 for 10 and 4 for 12 online as well as in store.

Whiplash beers have always been my bag, especially their DIPAs but thankfully i can't get them online at the moment. I see they are selling through their own site and the Big Romance.
                                                                                          Their half Body Riddle Half Rollover will be happening.
                                                                                          The Rollover is especially decent this time round, they constantly tweak recipes and I think they've hit on a winner this time. The Body Riddle is also pretty good. Low ABV beers for afternoon drinking!

they announced a brand new IPA this morning

That Strata hop is supposed to be deadly so I'll be grabbing a few of these.

Any codes Des???
                                                                                          Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                            There was a young boyo called Crane
                                                                                            A likeable chap in the main
                                                                                            But one post about Trump
                                                                                            The whole place gets the hump
                                                                                            Is he a genius a troll or insane.
                                                                                            best one yet imo

Comment

There was a Sligo bogtrotter called Shamble
                                                                                              Across all of Europe he did ramble
                                                                                              When he got to the Med
                                                                                              He took to his bed
                                                                                              Because the covid removed all his gamble
                                                                                              You spelt brother wrong!

B-

Comment

...

Comment

There was an auld fella called Hector Jelly
                                                                                                  Whose farts were exceedingly smelly
                                                                                                  For this there was reason
                                                                                                  That in every season
                                                                                                  With crisps he would only fill his belly

Comment

There was an auld fella called Hector Jelly
                                                                                                    Whose farts were exceedingly smelly
                                                                                                    For this there was reason
                                                                                                    That in every season
                                                                                                    With crisps he would only fill his belly

Don't give up the day job.

Speaking of which, I'm working in an old haunt of yours (company, not my house) and involved in a project that includes your current haunt. Fascinating stuff altogether.

Comment

Poetry day today

There as a certain pervert called Hoover
                                                                                                      Who met a young lady from Vancouver
                                                                                                      She was a bit of a slut
                                                                                                      With a very large butt
                                                                                                      And she taught him the hind-lick manoeuvre
                                                                                                      This is my haiku about how much time I spend looking in the fridge. Looking for what I don't know.

Still, no answers here.
                                                                                                      No knowledge to be found.
                                                                                                      Some asparagus.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                        Enjoying all the poetry and Hitchs pop psychology lessons today

Apparently we're past the peak of ICU admissions and deaths for the first wave according to this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...23043?mode=amp

We were predicted to go beyond the ICU bed capacity but we'll be significantly under based on 500 beds opposed to 250 which it was originally modelled on, also predicts UK to suffer the worst in Europe in the first wave which is up till early August.
                                                                                                        You'd wonder if we will be extra cautious here of any latent effects given the proximity and sharing a border. Might be more cautious than otherwise of reopening things given the chance of a random nordie zombie infecting us all again.
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Don't give up the day job.

Speaking of which, I'm working in an old haunt of yours (company, not my house) and involved in a project that includes your current haunt. Fascinating stuff altogether.
                                                                                                          You and I still share the same employer I assume?
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                            You and I still share the same employer I assume?
                                                                                                            For now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              So this is wrong.
                                                                                                              Actually the people who know most 'shout the loudest' (the darkest line), its just that those who know least also shout louder than they should - but not as loud as those who know a lot.

I don’t think that graph suggests I said was wrong, not even close tbh.
                                                                                                              The dark line is perceived ability. Not how vocal people are. Assuming that everyone is only as vocal on a subject as their perceived ability is a bit of a blunder.
                                                                                                              I think it’s likely to be shaped by environment. These people aren’t challenging known experts’ opinion. But on a platform such as facebook, surrounded by plebs, the overconfidence manifests. Surely we’ve all seen that happen.

Also, the study included more than one test. Here’s the another one. 2nd quartile rated their ability and performance higher than the top quartile.

I don't think either Dunning or Kruger are turning in their graves just yet...but mainly because neither has died.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 07-04-20, 14:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Des View Post
                                                                                                                .0/

www.craftcentral.ie is Stephen St News, and they have mix and match 4 for 10 and 4 for 12 online as well as in store.
                                                                                                                Nah.
                                                                                                                between this;
                                                                                                                You can find our beer across a growing number of counties and countries, but until now it's been tricky to locate with accuracy! Until now. You can read about

https://www.brubrewery.ie/bru-shop/ (free next day if before noon)

we should start a beer club

Comment

Remember this legend?

"ITV drama Quiz explores Millionaire cough scandal".

A three-part series tells the story of the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? coughing scandal.

Had the potential to be good. Probably won't get near "Quiz Show" good though.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Maybe people just like typing Don?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Maybe people just like typing Don?
                                                                                                                          I don

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X