X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Need to get macspower and kracen back
    BlessYou was a sound skin as well.

Does anyone hear from Zod or Icky anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      How to Fix a Drug Scandal on Netflix is no Tiger King (nothing will ever be Tiger King), but it is fascinating.
      Go watch the Louis Theroux ep when he meets ol Exotic Joe.

Louis knew.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        The outpouring of wishes for ole Bojo makes me think its way worse than the UK gov are letting on.

You'd swear he was already gonzo by some of the premature eulogies in the twitterverse.
        Prob only 50/50 at best if he's a legit admission to ICU.

Edit: I see that was posted already.

Comment

BJEXIT

Comment

This seems pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              BlessYou was a sound skin as well.

Does anyone hear from Zod or Icky anymore?
              Zod keeping well. Comes for pints sometimes. Still angry

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Zod keeping well. Comes for pints sometimes. Still angry
                Good on all counts. Tell him I was asking for him would you

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Need to get macspower and kracen back
                  Macspower popped up on my Facebook recently on an angling -fishing page hes an excellent fisherman still had the black hat on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    Macspower popped up on my Facebook recently on an angling -fishing page hes an excellent fisherman still had the black hat on.
                    I wonder how TheDrunkenOne is getting on?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

and Cooker3 and Roadsweeper.
                        NorwichFanRob and Gholi spring to mind for nostalgia!

Louis knew.
                        So funny, the last line...

Comment

Comment

About 50 of these comments today. Seems some critical flaw there if you have to chop your balls off to be allowed to criticise someone whose job is criticising people.
                            It was a dumpster fire line from Leo tbf

Comment

Comment

I don't know why he does those things. Don't think he actually feels that way, as doesn't really match up with the rest of his actions - which is mainly overseeing massive social care spending and almost no tax cuts. Well maybe he does actually feel that way he but is absolutely woeful at implementing his thoughts. They didn't even adjust the tax bands in line with inflation in order to spend on increased social care. So it's about as left wing as you can get.
                                Yeah I mean I heard him saying it on the radio a few days ago and I was saying to myself 'what is it with this guy'.

I've fierce respect for the way they've handled this disaster and the financial crisis for the most part but Leo is very frustrating.

Comment

Comment

No I agree with you totally. Like that welfare cheats thing. It just didn't need to be done. Could have simply increased enforcement funding quietly.

Maybe it's simply immaturity and that's why there's less of it over time.
                                    That line I think you're referring to was when he was trying to win party leadership from Coveney who was taking a much more social democratic line in that contest. I thought at the time that it was a dog whistle towards the arsehole element of FG. It might just be what he's like though.

Comment

I think we've had this conversation before also!

Comment

Whats the difference between what Leo said about people taking advantage of the emergency payment and the outrage over Liverpool FC.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Most of you guys know I'm a singer in Spain, haven't worked in about 4 weeks now and I'm getting bored so I'm going to do a Facebook live show tomorrow at 8pm Irish time. Tune in if you fancy it and let me know if you have any requests. I do a U2 and Oasis tribute but I'll try a lot of other stuff too.

Facebook profile is https://www.facebook.com/dezzie.bono.3

Cheers.

Comment

Whats the difference between what Leo said about people taking advantage of the emergency payment and the outrage over Liverpool FC.
                                            The fact that I care about one and I don't know what the other one is, in my case

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                              Most of you guys know I'm a singer in Spain, haven't worked in about 4 weeks now and I'm getting bored so I'm going to do a Facebook live show tomorrow at 8pm Irish time. Tune in if you fancy it and let me know if you have any requests. I do a U2 and Oasis tribute but I'll try a lot of other stuff too.

Cheers.
                                              Bad
                                              One
                                              All I want is You
                                              With or Without You
                                              Unforgettable Fire

Good luck with this Gordan..
                                              Last edited by TM2204; 07-04-20, 01:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                for neighbour? Or someone in your house?
                                                Neighbour. Thankfully.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                  Bad
                                                  One
                                                  All I want is You
                                                  With or Without You
                                                  Unforgettable Fire

Good luck with this Gordan..

Thanks Keith, haven't ever done a FB live so hopefully it goes well. All good requests, I'll put them in the set.

Comment

Louis knew.
                                                    Where can I find this?

Comment

Watched it last night. It's on Netflix.

How you getting on without Jiu-jitsu? Your gym gonna be good afterwards? Financially I mean?

Comment

About 50 of these comments today. Seems some critical flaw there if you have to chop your balls off to be allowed to criticise someone whose job is criticising people.
                                                        The problem here is that you take major issue with a column, and then announce that you haven't actually read it. Can you not see how people are going to get annoyed at this? Why do you feel the need to have a 'take' on so many things? I spend about 10% of my time on twitter shaking my head at the things you post.

Comment

Was browsing through facebook there earlier, and saw a post on some page (Lockdown Ireland or something like that). Its one of them pages where you have to join if you want to comment, and is full of people who are just anti everything, but mostly anti FF/FG and anything the government do.

Anyway, someone posted up asking a serious question, that if there was a vaccine found for the corona virus covid 19, would people take it.

There was actually 1,400 replies, so obviously a lot of people have joined the page. For the craic, and because I have very little to be doing, i decided to scroll through all the replies. (not being a member just means one cant comment, but one can read)

Out of 1400 replies, 127 individuals said they would take the vaccine. Yes, I did say 127. so close on 1200-1300 said they wouldn't.

Fuck me, theres some really stupid people in this country. Not only were they completely anti vaccine, they were anti Government etc etc. And the abuse they dished out to any poor soul who said they would take the vaccine was insane, (youd have to wonder why intelligent people join FB pages like this}. And if MaryLOu produced the vaccine, then that would change everything.

Its some page for a chuckle. I was tempted to join the page just to throw a few fucks into a few of them, but I resisted.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                            Was browsing through facebook there earlier, and saw a post on some page (Lockdown Ireland or something like that). Its one of them pages where you have to join if you want to comment, and is full of people who are just anti everything, but mostly anti FF/FG and anything the government do.

Anyway, someone posted up asking a serious question, that if there was a vaccine found for the corona virus covid 19, would people take it.

There was actually 1,400 replies, so obviously a lot of people have joined the page. For the craic, and because I have very little to be doing, i decided to scroll through all the replies. (not being a member just means one cant comment, but one can read)

Out of 1400 replies, 127 individuals said they would take the vaccine. Yes, I did say 127. so close on 1200-1300 said they wouldn't.

Fuck me, theres some really stupid people in this country. Not only were they completely anti vaccine, they were anti Government etc etc. And the abuse they dished out to any poor soul who said they would take the vaccine was insane, (youd have to wonder why intelligent people join FB pages like this}. And if MaryLOu produced the vaccine, then that would change everything.

Its some page for a chuckle. I was tempted to join the page just to throw a few fucks into a few of them, but I resisted.
                                                            This seems to be the way at the moment. I don't personally understand it.

People literally don't know how good they have it. I have five people working for me in a luxury goods industry and all five of them voted SF. That's fine thats their vote. Everyone is entitled to it. But please please don't come into work and talk about how the wealthy are destroying the country and letting the average man down.

The person that comes into you and spends multiple tens of thousands is the one that helps you have a really really easy job that affords you the ability to buy a house and a decent car and go on holidays four times a year.

I am astonished on a daily basis listening to people that don't actually realise how good things are/were!!

Comment

JOHN LENNON. GIMME SOME TRUTH. THE ULTIMATE MIXES. The Very Best of John Lennon.36 tracks completely remixed from the original multitracks in Stereo, 5.1 and...
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Fuck me, theres some really stupid people in this country. Not only were they completely anti vaccine, they were anti Government etc etc
                                                                Well if the average person is average intelligence. That means there's a lot of people out there punting the under side.

I've been in a few public groups on facebook, local area, short term interests, etc. The absolute lunacy of people never ceases to amaze me. But I do think the internet makes it appear worse. People with the awareness to realise that topic is complicated will say nothing. Yet the people with next to no knowledge of something, often shout the loudest. Dunning-Kruger.

Comment

JOHN LENNON. GIMME SOME TRUTH. THE ULTIMATE MIXES. The Very Best of John Lennon.36 tracks completely remixed from the original multitracks in Stereo, 5.1 and...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    Dunning-Kruger.
                                                                    Have wanted to rename that the Hitch-Dowling when specifically related to twitter.

Comment

Both the presenters on BBC breakfast dressed in proper funeral garb.

Comment

I don't have FB so I think I avoid quite a lot of the bottom of the barrel stuff but I was shown one video that Switch or Kev may have seen.

Down here, a girl entering a supermarket with phone in hand is asked to wash her hands upon entering and refuses because "the virus is fake".

She in turn abuses the security guard a little more, nothing too intense in relative internet terms but idiotic nonetheless.

The action is not surprising, you can see worse online any day but I suppose when it's on your doorstep, it makes you realise how misinformed people are everywhere and how little shame they have in sharing it with others.

Comment

This tweet and the preceding graph gives a good anecdotal indication of how much disparity exists between US states.

Comment

Cheers.
                                                                            Might have a few beers and watch this Gordo. Bohemian Rhapsody please.

Comment

Natural selection at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                This tweet and the preceding graph gives a good anecdotal indication of how much disparity exists between US states.

Re: Indiana.
                                                                                20% in ICU, and half as many on vents is about what we were seeing in early stage Italy.
                                                                                It drops off as it goes because they the capacity isn't there, but also due to latent mild cases hang around propping up the numbers.

Comment

PDC live at home is on tonight if anyone is looking for a sporting fix.

Fans will be able to watch PDC stars go head-to-head once again on Wednesday as 'Darts At Home' returns.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    Re: Indiana.
                                                                                    20% in ICU, and half as many on vents is about what we were seeing in early stage Italy.
                                                                                    It drops off as it goes because they the capacity isn't there, but also due to latent mild cases hang around propping up the numbers.
                                                                                    Most frightening stat I've read from the US, two of the top 5 most tested states to date are NY and NJ

320k tests conducted in NY with 130k confirmed tests, 40% positivity rate, 4758 deaths

89k tests conducted in NJ with 41k confirmed tests, 46% positivity rate, 1003 deaths.

If you were to proportionate out NY to match Italy's population, you're effectively saying 400k confirmed cases(not necessarily a bad thing) and 15k deaths to date.

The difference being of course, Italy had their first confirmed case on Jan 31st, NY had their first on March 1st.

Comment

Poetry day today

There as a certain pervert called Hoover
                                                                                      Who met a young lady from Vancouver
                                                                                      She was a bit of a slut
                                                                                      With a very large butt
                                                                                      And she taught him the hind-lick manoeuvre
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                        Hi 6star. Working for me now, but not when I click on the main link on the home page, only when I click last page via the subforums.
                                                                                        Is anyone else having problems accessing threads (bbv or otherwise) when clicking on specific links?

Comment

An ol' codger he was from Clontarf
                                                                                          Thought he'd re-try the poker for the larf
                                                                                          He picked up the jackballs
                                                                                          Thought he'd win sackfulls
                                                                                          But ended up in the jacks having a barf

(assuming you lost that JJ hand?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            An ol' codger he was from Clontarf
                                                                                            Thought he'd re-try the poker for the larf
                                                                                            He picked up the jackballs
                                                                                            Thought he'd win sackfulls
                                                                                            But ended up in the jacks having a barf

(assuming you lost that JJ hand?)
                                                                                            Superb! It is like reading the more lyrical phase of Keats

We should try not to be results oriented

Comment

Dom where's Des the Craft Beer man?

Enjoyed the half Little Fawn half Hazy IPA from White Hag last week. Was familiar with Little Fawn and the Hazy will be making its way into my basket in Stephens St news when i get back to work. Light enough that you could pound them and not feel like pure shite the next morning. Key when you have a near two year old in a state 'lockdown'.

Whiplash beers have always been my bag, especially their DIPAs but thankfully i can't get them online at the moment. I see they are selling through their own site and the Big Romance.
                                                                                              Their half Body Riddle Half Rollover will be happening.

Any codes Des???

Comment

Honourable mention for Ste05 and Laf
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

During this i have had more time... so I normally reply to anti 5g posts, with Cant wait for faster Internet #5gGreatForLife etc... it really pisses them off, then i ask them for proof and get some meme that has the clintons and a dead baby on it like come on

pretty epic take on it from catherine Bohart on last weeks mash report which was quite funny starts=12:35
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  [HTML]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-QO527UGc[/HTML]

Originally posted by Raekwon View Post
                                                                                                  This seems to be the way at the moment. I don't personally understand it.

People literally don't know how good they have it. I have five people working for me in a luxury goods industry and all five of them voted SF. That's fine thats their vote. Everyone is entitled to it. But please please don't come into work and talk about how the wealthy are destroying the country and letting the average man down.

The person that comes into you and spends multiple tens of thousands is the one that helps you have a really really easy job that affords you the ability to buy a house and a decent car and go on holidays four times a year.

I am astonished on a daily basis listening to people that don't actually realise how good things are/were!!
                                                                                                  The amount of people that dont seem to equate there wages to customers is shocking... and you say it to them "If you didnt have any customers tomorrow you wouldn't have a job" they turn around and say o im too important to be sacked... I am actually starting to believe the whole anti 5g technology movement is from people that have been replaced by tech which there is a lot

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                  I don't have FB so I think I avoid quite a lot of the bottom of the barrel stuff but I was shown one video that Switch or Kev may have seen.

Down here, a girl entering a supermarket with phone in hand is asked to wash her hands upon entering and refuses because "the virus is fake".

She in turn abuses the security guard a little more, nothing too intense in relative internet terms but idiotic nonetheless.

The action is not surprising, you can see worse online any day but I suppose when it's on your doorstep, it makes you realise how misinformed people are everywhere and how little shame they have in sharing it with others.
                                                                                                  I clicked on this a few days ago, it was originally posted by her and ended up going down a rabbit hole... I taught o just random wierdo but the more i clicked around the worse it got hundreds of people replying to her posts about how crystals will cure anything and vegan is the only way and we are all stuck in our house cause Leo wants the 5g lads to abort babies in peace.... looking at her facebook is actually bone chilling!!

I blame health and safety for this... if we were any other species these people or there blood lines would have been eaten at the waterhole, but thanks to health and safety we save them from there own stupidity and they breed... we have a much bigger problem than covid19 - and we are losing that battle

Comment

There was a young maid from Madras
                                                                                                    Who had a magnificent ass
                                                                                                    Not rounded and pink
                                                                                                    As you probably think
                                                                                                    It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.

Comment

...

Comment

Was taking issue with her overall style as a journalist. Just needed to refer to a current example - that days article. It's not her in particular - its that whole brand of misery journalism, I just think its far more destructive than it is of any use. And can have major negative influences on how society makes decisions.

My research specialism is on how widely experienced mood affects financial behaviour in countries. What I find fascinating is how mood in a nation is partially set by journalists as a channel for interpretations. So I think I'm within my area of specialism. I've published maybe 20 papers broadly around this topic and obviously read deeply on how societal mood is channeled by these background influences.

For example, there's the famous finding that fear of crime is higher than its ever been despite crime itself being at an all-time low. A lot of studies have attributed that to the style of news and how it affects societal mood. Brexit, Trump, can all be quite easily attributed, in part, to media influences and styling of news interpretations.

So I don't think I'm having a take on too many things - its quite uniform to my mind anyway - about misleading interpretations by journalists driven by their biases that can affect how large groups of readers think about important societal issues.
                                                                                                        Sure nobody reads the fake news lamestream media any more these days.

Would you do better to focus your research on the impact of nonsense disinformation on social media?

Comment

howya.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                            Left my brown suede gloves in the park. I'll be reduced to wearing my motorcycle or skiing gloves like some kind of nacker.
                                                                                                            The gloves were where I left them on Sunday. You can tell when you're on the southside

Think this piece was by the art teacher in my high school secondary school:

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              There was a young maid from Madras
                                                                                                              Who had a magnificent ass
                                                                                                              Not rounded and pink
                                                                                                              As you probably think
                                                                                                              It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.
                                                                                                              There was a young man from Madras
                                                                                                              who's balls were made of brass
                                                                                                              in stormy weather
                                                                                                              they clicked together
                                                                                                              and sparks flew out of his arse

Comment

Thanks Keith, haven't ever done a FB live so hopefully it goes well. All good requests, I'll put them in the set.
                                                                                                                It's Tom... Keith is the brother

Comment

Ha! Brilliant.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

There once was a PM called Boris,

Who played down a dangerous virus

With His continued resistance ,

To employ social distance,

The Grim Reaper arrived at his Doris.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                      There once was a PM called Boris,

Who played down a dangerous virus

With His continued resistance ,

To employ social distance,

The Grim Reaper arrived at his Doras.
                                                                                                                      correcting for presumed Gaelic

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah funnily enough it's probably mostly misunderstood and misused.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X