This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    yeah, Dun Laoghaire has that post-apocalypse feel to it alright once you get off the waterfront. Loads of skanger kids hanging about.
    Bray is like the fucking Costa de sol compared to Kingstown these days.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
      At least I'm not from Bray though. Still winning there.
      You're from Fucking kilcool bro,

Absolute definition of shit hole.

Are We Doing it right.?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Did he just say he wasnt involved with the models (projection) and then say not those kind of models .
          People are dropping dead wtf. I could have misheard I'm ginned up

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
              Like seriously, if the military took out JFK, surely the pragmatism within their culture must be thinking of a coup?

They're going to hit 1m deaths (x2 WWII).

Military need to take the steering wheel from this clown

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
              I wasnt involved in the modeling, the 100-200k deaths modeling, I have been involved in a few models....wow...just wow.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Did he just say he wasnt involved with the models (projection) and then say not those kind of models .
                You didnt.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Even Fox has kinda started to realise that that dumb fucker is going to kill a million of their viewers and piss off the rest of them. It's pretty inescapable how bad he has messed up, although presumably people will still find a way to reelect him.
                  CNN reporting Fauci thrown aside due to his guidence on total US restriction. I could throw in a multitude of quotes on making repeated mistakes but this is unbelievable.

At a guess, they are 20-30% towards peak.

This is going to be unreal watching this in real time when it hits

Comment

Stable genius
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

He did. I'm actually lost for words.

For all our failings and leaning towards the Shinners due to some understandable frustrations. Thank God we don't have that sort of carnage. Politically they are still tearing lumps out of each other too.

All our Government needed was a sense of urgency to flick the capability switch on.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                        You're from Fucking kilcool bro,

Absolute definition of shit hole.

Are We Doing it right.?
                        Kilcoole is actually grand. Too big now. Needed this recession. They were starting to move poor people in.

Comment

Even Fox has kinda started to realise that that dumb fucker is going to kill a million of their viewers and piss off the rest of them. It's pretty inescapable how bad he has messed up, although presumably people will still find a way to reelect him.
                          It's a whole failure across the states and internationally. The WHO fucked up, the CDC fucked up. The US experts were downplaying it to Trump in the beginning.

Other politicians wouldn't have done any better. Trump set up a task force back in Jan while Pelosi and Biden were saying it was an overreaction by Trump.

Pelosi did a photop telling people to get down to Chinatown and keep going out.

His political opponents took it less seriously than he did, but somehow if they were in charge they would have handled the situation better?

It's not like Pelosi and Biden calling for lock downs, they were literally doing the complete opposite.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-04-20, 23:37.

Comment

5x12hr night shifts the last week, off tonight, herself is doing 12hr shifts in social welfare, some crazy stat that they processed nearly 19 months of claims in the last 2 weeks, shows what can be done when the unions are told GTFO.

Wine and pizza time, stick on latest Gardai-inside the K...yeah, that was a poor choice, the baby brother is a member, they really dont get enough credit, hopefully when this all settles, along with all the other taken for granted workers, they will get their dues.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              It's a whole failure across the states and internationally. The WHO fucked up, the CDC fucked up. The US experts were downplaying it to Trump in the beginning.

Other politicians wouldn't have done any better. Trump set up a task force back in Jan while Pelosi and Biden were saying it was an overreaction by Trump.

Ah stop please. He has had multiple opportunities to prick his ears up and pay attention and intervene proactively. He is STILL failing to do this.

I remember a leadership course I did and the most profound thing I left with was Truman and "The Buck Stops Here" being embedded on his desk.

I can forgive mistakes, but repeatable ones, driven by ego, of this magnitude are not only unforgivable but actually treasonous

Comment

Anyone ever been to st vincent and the grenadines? got cheap round trip flights for a week in september

Comment

I posted on here in early Feb how worrying this was . Hes the president of the US , watched more TV than a Kilcoole poor person and he didn't seem bothered by it one month later . Come on he has handled it like a high school jock. Does the POTUS come with Any responsibility in your book. I understand his vision is clouded by money but come on it's obvious hes a major clusterfuck. Deflecting this shit is the worst kind of trolling imo. .

Comment

Bill Withers passed away 81 due to heart complications.

Cheers for the tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                      Ah stop please. He has had multiple opportunities to prick his ears up and pay attention and intervene proactively. He is STILL failing to do this.
                                      He declared a public emergency in January. While the media and Democrats were taking about it just being a flu.

I'm not going bogged down in this again. But what exactly would Biden have done differently if he was currently president?

Bear in mind, he was dismissive of cornavirus while Trump was acting on it. And he would have been listening to the same CDC experts who underplayed the threat. He would have had the same governor's in charge at the state level.

It's not some magical senario where he would have acted earlier and everything would have been great.

I'm looking for more than just Trump conference lol, he's killed everyone.

Comment

Its irrelevant what Biden would have done hes not the president. Deffo trolling as you are smarter than this .

Comment

Its irrelevant what Biden would have done hes not the president. Deffo trolling as you are smarter than this.
                                          I think it is pretty clear at this stage that he isn't trolling and he hasn't really ever had a posting history to suggest that is even a thing. This has been a long-held opinion defended over multiple BVB's long before any of this happened. That opinion should though be fluid enough to recognize the current situation is beyond defending but here we are.

Opr

Comment

I'm a fan of yours Denny, enjoyed pints a few times, but find this parody so distasteful. Trump did some pretty good things, he has also done many INEXCUSABLE things. He once said he could shoot someone in the head and.people would still back him. I actually think that would stand up. He probably could. If he joked about models and modelling that is fucking disguising. I loath snowflake bullshitology but that's fucking disguisting.

Comment

He declared a public emergency in January. While the media and Democrats were taking about it just being a flu.

I'm not going bogged down in this again. But what exactly would Biden have done differently if he was currently president?

Bear in mind, he was dismissive of cornavirus while Trump was acting on it. And he would have been listening to the same CDC experts who underplayed the threat. He would have had the same governor's in charge at the state level.

It's not some magical senario where he would have acted earlier and everything would have been great.

I'm looking for more than just Trump conference lol, he's killed everyone.
                                              Last run at this.

Rank the G7 leaders, in order of best to worse, and if you were American to be steering this

Comment

Comment

Comment

Law and order, world as we know it cant break down. Sure

Comment

Still reckon Denny be great banter for a few scoops.
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

He declared a public emergency in January.
                                                        This means nothing, achieves nothing, impacts on no-one - releases no major funds, puts no meaningful special procedures in place.
                                                        We've discussed this previously.

Comment

Lads, when we look back on this in a few years time it'll probably be more dumbfounding than it is now.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...bidding-demand

Law and order, world as we know it cant break down. Sure
                                                            I'm still on the overs.

Comment

He didn’t make a model joke, pretty pathetic on anyone trying to make something of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                I'm still on the overs.
                                                                Almost certainly be right tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                  He didn’t make a model joke, pretty pathetic on anyone trying to make something of that.
                                                                  He absolutely did.

He said, and Im paraphrasing a little bit, I watched it live.
                                                                  When talking about about the modelling being done around deaths and spread. He said the experts did the models, he wasn't involved, he didn't have anything to do with them

He said: "I was never involved in any model, at least not this kind of model"

Comment

Secretary Alex Azar joins President Trump and the Coronavirus Task Force in White House press briefing, updating the public on new CDC guidelines.FOX News op...

1:13:35 here is the start of the model talk.
                                                                    1:13:45 is the comment.

Comment

The fact that Pence doesn't even blink shows that no one is listening to this buffoon. How can you effectively lead a country when no one listens when you talk.

Comment

It's just a mad thing to be defending denny. You've no skin in the game, so it baffles me. The guy through lack of leadership has helped create a disaster that will be in the history books as a US catastrophe for at least a generation, and you're posting a video clip that someone posted in April about a random comment in February. He's the president!
                                                                        Ah it's just weird to automatically assume things would be less of a disaster with someone else. It's not like Biden and Pelosi were more serious about it sooner, they were downplaying it and mocking Trump for going overboard. Pelosi was doing photo ops telling people to go out.

In mid March Blasio was still telling New Yorkers to live as normal. He tried to get a 2020 nomination, would it be any less of a disaster right now if he was currently president?

There's big cultural and governance issues too in the states. Power is much more decentralised and there's lower social cohesion.

Rank the G7 leaders, in order of best to worse, and if you were American to be steering this
                                                                        If I was an American I'd want an options trader in charge of the CDC.
                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-04-20, 02:47.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is there any politician in the US that could have put a lockdown in place in time, I really don't think so.

We all saw what was happening in Italy in Feb and early March and even up until the 13th of March which was the day we went on lockdown in Spain, people didn't quite believe what this meant. 3 weeks later it's still hard to fathom the extent that this will impact our lives.

Trump will be judged harshly, and rightly so, all his downplaying quotes have aged so badly in the space of weeks and even days (open by Easter etc.), that being said I don't think Obama, Biden or anyone else would have done anything differently, or at least so different that it would have made any difference.

Comment

Have we not somewhat addressed this already?

I tend to think that other politicians are more likely to heed the word of someone like Fauci but Trump has not.

There's a stark difference between declaring a public emergency for the political gain vs declaring one with a tangible impact.

Denny showed the timeline, the timeline clearly had underlying political agendas as harsher travel restrictions were on the countries less impacted at that point. It was glaringly political but upon raising those issues, you're accused of losing of the wood for the trees.

I can't understand how people can't see how meaningless and intangible that "national emergency" actually was.

Comment

Have to admire Denny's consistency, and his ability to be comfortable in a minority of one. Reminds me of the old Soviet joke.
                                                                                What's the difference between American and Soviet propaganda?
                                                                                Nobody ever believed Soviet propaganda!

Comment

Last Tuesday was the first time I let my GP fill out my prescription without giving him any hints(due to not sitting down with him). He got 7/8 correct, could do better imo.

Comment

The rest of the world coming around to Hitch's thinking on mask wearing is the most surprised I've been about anything since 911.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                      Is there any politician in the US that could have put a lockdown in place in time, I really don't think so.

We all saw what was happening in Italy in Feb and early March and even up until the 13th of March which was the day we went on lockdown in Spain, people didn't quite believe what this meant. 3 weeks later it's still hard to fathom the extent that this will impact our lives.

Trump will be judged harshly, and rightly so, all his downplaying quotes have aged so badly in the space of weeks and even days (open by Easter etc.), that being said I don't think Obama, Biden or anyone else would have done anything differently, or at least so different that it would have made any difference.
                                                                                      In short. What your saying is.

Nobody would have done a lockdown better than me.

Jeez no wonder he has so many followers I think if you even go back 1 president you would have got leadership that would have saved lives and united as opposed to divided the states.

The frontline needs a backline . He's playing petty politics with both lines . A Shambles .

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

Things would be vastly different if this had happened under Obama's tenure. He would not have dismantled his expert advisory group for starters. He would have listened to experts from the absolute beginning and acted.

Also, we as a globe would not right now be squandering the one golden opportunity for unity under his leadership.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                          Last Tuesday was the first time I let my GP fill out my prescription without giving him any hints(due to not sitting down with him). He got 7/8 correct, could do better imo.
                                                                                          I think you punched yourself out owing to the blistering posting pace you set the previous 2 days before last being the reason you didnt really post yesterday?. Or is there any other reason for your sudden absence yesterday?. Anyway you seem rejuvenated and back for more today by the looks!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            I think you punched yourself out owing to the blistering posting pace you set the previous 2 days before last being the reason you didnt really post yesterday?. Or is there any other reason for your sudden absence yesterday?. Anyway you seem rejuvenated and back for more today by the looks!.
                                                                                            Forgot to take photos on my walk up to St Endas, and brought my mini video cramera but with no sd card. There may be one photo actually.

Comment

...

Comment

What used to be the No16 bus terminus

Comment

Ah it's just weird to automatically assume things would be less of a disaster with someone else.
                                                                                                  So when the CDC recommended as the country is heading off the scale relative to many other countries and that everyone wears masks the immediate reaction of the leader is to say "GTFO I'm not wearing a mask"... and hey the models are saying hundreds of thousands will die but "I didn't touch those models , nudge nudge, wink wink know what I mean Guvnor"

And you think its weird to assume that someone who would promote measures that work instead of trashing them would be less of a disaster
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did I hear Trump mention Dictators in his latest ramble?

Have to say I'd love to ply him HU4Rollz, he's such a tellbox.

Comment

Just had two crumpets for my breakfast, havent ate one in yonks. Smothered with real butter which slowly soaks down through it, then lash on more. Deeelish!!!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 04-04-20, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          Just had two crumpets for my breakfast, havent ate one in yonks. Smothered with real butter which slowly soaks down through it, then lash on more. Deeelish!!!
                                                                                                          love crumpets. butter and honey for me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Things would be vastly different if this had happened under Obama's tenure.

Obama would have done the same as Biden and Pelosi et all, he would have done nothing for weeks. Same as they were telling people to go out as normal.

And he would have followed the advice of the same CDC and WHO experts who weren't expecting a pandemic. He would have had the same lackluster governors. The US was never gonna have a South Korea style response.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-04-20, 11:23.

Comment

This is an extraordinary piece imo. I can't be the only one that's forgotten about the general election

Mary Lou McDonald: This crisis shows that Sinn Féin was right

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                The rest of the world coming around to Hitch's thinking on mask wearing is the most surprised I've been about anything since 911.
                                                                                                                During the influenza pandemic of 1918, which lasted from January 1918 to December 1920, and infected one-third of the world's population, or about 500 million people, leading to about 50 million deaths -- about half a million of which were in the United States.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The debate here during the week has inspired me to take my paintbrush back up
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  .

Comment

1:1 scale there, nice.

Comment

Anyone got a coffee bean recommendation? Need to stock up as I am 2/3 of the way through my luckylloydcoffe.com (Cloudpicker) order. I like his coffee but it all seems a fairly light hipster roast and doesn't really provide the required kick in the balls oomph when I make espresso with it.

So requirement is to advise a dark, Italian style roast please.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Denny, it's a blatant failure of presidential leadership in a time of acute crisis. As soon as you go down the 'what about...' route you're acknowledging that.

Trump is Trump. He can't help himself and so far it's served him well. But now Americans see him cluelessly floundering, changing tack constantly, attacking the people he's meant to be protecting, making shit up on the fly and ignoring scientific advice. He's a charlatan. Americans are dying because of him.

Great leaders rise to great challenges. Trump will not be judged well in the verdict of history.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Denny Crane is shit since Phantom Lord died.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X