Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    thanks to those who got back to me on the SSD card formatting. I suspect the SD card is bogey.

    Comment


      Can't decide who are sicker, those who have radically changed their avatar or those stuck with the default.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

      Comment


        I can't switch on Avatars as I keep getting this message. I have searched all over for the box I am supposed to check and I cannot find it. Anybody else encounter this?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
          I can't switch on Avatars as I keep getting this message. I have searched all over for the box I am supposed to check and I cannot find it. Anybody else encounter this?
          Yes I mentioned it last night.

          I think I have managed to add an avatar of my own however, can anyone who has them working confirm mine is showing up at least?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Keane View Post

            Yes I mentioned it last night.

            I think I have managed to add an avatar of my own however, can anyone who has them working confirm mine is showing up at least?
            Yup

            Screenshot_2020-05-22-18-15-34-988_com.android.chrome.png
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

            Comment


              Laz were you going on about this stuff? Very nice

              Comment


                Avatar testing.

                edit: Working, well done Dom.
                This too shall pass.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                  Might get back into Deadwood, I watched like a season and a half or two seasons of it and just packed it in about a year ago. Was looking for something to watch and was told I might like Red Road but it's awful. If any of you haven't seen Longmire it's well worth a watch. I'd liken it to Justified kind of as the main character is a lawman and it's a modern day western. Hap and Leonard with MIchael Kenneth Williams is another show I enjoyed. I'm gonna check out Get Shorty. If anybody needs anything, as soon as the cousins is back up I can help out. I don't think Longmire is available over here.
                  Deadwood is an acquired taste, and the dialogue requires undivided attention for the most part.
                  Would have it below breaking bad, sopranos etc, but just below.

                  Not sure what happened for it to end abruptly in season 3, some combination of ratings/viewing figures/cost of production maybe. Got a movie anyway, which suggests the fan following was decent.

                  I've tried to acquire Hap and Leonard previously and failed, so might take you up on that assistance in the future.
                  Enjoyed Justified quite a lot, will get to Longmire eventually.
                  ​​​​​​​lockdown has been great to clear some backlog on my Plex server.
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Keane View Post

                    I met our buddy Pa out running in Limerick lately and we've been out on the bikes a few times since. He was wondering what ever became of you, I told him I didn't know but for that you were still alive! Where are you in the world and what are you doing with yourself anyway?
                    I hope he is still having it from 40 yards out on the angle!

                    I found it hard to get career jobs after my degree in Env. Science, presumably because nobody has time for that faff in a slowly recovering recession.

                    Moved around a bit for work, eventually ended up in a call centre for Xbox support, which was a great kick up the arse to prompt enrollment in a reskill course in WIT for a Hdip in Computer Science, which I think in hindsight was a springboard course. Gods bless the gubbermint and the back to education allowance.

                    So got a job straight away with a local Waterford tech company, whereby they ironically contracted me to the Environmental Protection Agency, and that's pretty what I've been at for 5 years, changing roles slightly as I gained experience. Promptly bought a house.

                    Have this month been headhunted by another company for my own job, which was odd.
                    Hello 33% uplift plus expenses, plus health insurance and 5% matched pension.

                    tenor.gif
                    Last edited by Micknail; 22-05-20, 20:30.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                    Comment


                      6starpoo, what do I use for GIFs?
                      I think we should go back if they don't work
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                        These days I'm rarely drunk enough to even consider eating either. Also, don't have a car.
                        Learned to ride a motorcycle about 2 years ago,
                        IBT seems to make it somewhat safer than the previous allowance of hop up on one and sure take your test in the next couple of years maybe.

                        What models have you owned in the past and present?

                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Micknail View Post


                          What models have you owned in the past and present?
                          Never had anything fancy or powerful.
                          Suzuki GSF250, Yamaha SR125, Kawasaki GT550, Honda CB500, Yamaha XJ600, Honda CBF500, Kawasaki GPZ500, and currently another CBF500. Actually got my first bike when I was 29, and did a lot of lessons even though it wasn't required. Found 'motorcycle roadcraft' really helpful too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...c=1&th=1&psc=1
                          'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                            Some shitty weather in Dublin today. Already have lupins and roses damaged by the wind. The continuing queue at McDonald's has dashed any hopes I had that humans might have reflected on their behaviour over the last while, and tried to make some positive changes.
                            How did your Dahlias do in the frost last week? some of mine got a bad dose of frostbite despite being in the polytunnel and having put a bit of fleece over them.
                            I lost about a dozen of the smaller tomato ;lants, new spuds were set back a month and I had them well covered with sacks.
                            Haven't even gone out for a proper look yet but the wind today has done for a couple of foxgloves and lupins and the artichokes and cardoons are looking a bit battered.
                            Turning millions into thousands

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                              How did your Dahlias do in the frost last week? some of mine got a bad dose of frostbite despite being in the polytunnel and having put a bit of fleece over them.
                              There wasn't a frost here. Think it got down to about 2oc, so it didn't even damage my sunflowers. Glad to have a bit of rain again anyway.
                              'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                Never had anything fancy or powerful.
                                Suzuki GSF250, Yamaha SR125, Kawasaki GT550, Honda CB500, Yamaha XJ600, Honda CBF500, Kawasaki GPZ500, and currently another CBF500. Actually got my first bike when I was 29, and did a lot of lessons even though it wasn't required. Found 'motorcycle roadcraft' really helpful too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...c=1&th=1&psc=1
                                Yes I got a pdf of that book before I started, made more sense when I actually got a bike
                                Nearly put myself off the entire endeavour by watching hours of YouTube motorbike accidents.

                                I have an xj6 diversion f, which I think has its genesis in the xj600. I sense reliability was at the forefront of your biking needs, hence all the Japanese brands? Any favourite?
                                Still love mine, but have been keeping an eye out for a Triumph Daytona 675r.

                                Anyone else here ride?
                                Surely the folks in Spain have a pair of wheels?

                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  Laz were you going on about this stuff? Very nice
                                  Yeah Ste, it's real nice isn't it.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                  Comment


                                    Everyone involved in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood needs to be taken out and shot. What a steaming pile of horseheadeliteshite. And such talent in the movie all wasting their time on that too.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Micknail View Post



                                      I have an xj6 diversion f, which I think has its genesis in the xj600. I sense reliability was at the forefront of your biking needs, hence all the Japanese brands? Any favourite?
                                      Still love mine, but have been keeping an eye out for a Triumph Daytona 675r.
                                      Loved every Honda I ever had. Every Kawasaki was a disaster, though they had 'character'( had forgotten I had an ER5 too). I'm more tempted than ever to get an old Vespa now for the lols.
                                      'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                      Comment


                                        Jesus id say if you drank 5 of these you'd be hospitaliized. Like a can of monster with zero alcohol taste. 35 mgs caffeine per 100 ml 8 %
                                        Alcohol I'm glad I only bought 2! IMG-20200522-WA0031.jpeg
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                                          I hope he is still having it from 40 yards out on the angle!

                                          I found it hard to get career jobs after my degree in Env. Science, presumably because nobody has time for that faff in a slowly recovering recession.

                                          Moved around a bit for work, eventually ended up in a call centre for Xbox support, which was a great kick up the arse to prompt enrollment in a reskill course in WIT for a Hdip in Computer Science, which I think in hindsight was a springboard course. Gods bless the gubbermint and the back to education allowance.

                                          So got a job straight away with a local Waterford tech company, whereby they ironically contracted me to the Environmental Protection Agency, and that's pretty what I've been at for 5 years, changing roles slightly as I gained experience. Promptly bought a house.

                                          Have this month been headhunted by another company for my own job, which was odd.
                                          Hello 33% uplift plus expenses, plus health insurance and 5% matched pension.

                                          tenor.gif
                                          Do you work in licensing in there by any chance? Seem to be significantly understaffed from what clients tell us when they try to get thru the process with massive delays

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by ghostface View Post

                                            Do you work in licensing in there by any chance? Seem to be significantly understaffed from what clients tell us when they try to get thru the process with massive delays
                                            No, but I did work in application support, then CRM support, now operations and security

                                            There's plenty of staff there would you believe.
                                            It's just that they are all civil servants.
                                            I once made the suggestion of licensing and enforcement business units meeting to discuss handovers of newly issued licences, and was promptly told they had not discussed anything with each other in 4 years.
                                            Funny old place, deadlines are more of an abstract idea, with frequent situations of ghostowns when Easter/ summer holidays arrive, and staff are gone for months.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                            Comment


                                              one of your poorer takes, Hitch

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                                                No, but I did work in application support, then CRM support, now operations and security
                                                Were you working in their place in Clonskeagh? I was only dealing with reception, and occasional other people that were difficult to contact, but it's unfair to compare them any other part of the civil service. Reminded me more of a badly run students union.
                                                'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Everyone involved in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood needs to be taken out and shot. What a steaming pile of horseheadeliteshite. And such talent in the movie all wasting their time on that too.

                                                  Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                  one of your poorer takes, Hitch
                                                  I'm so confused now. Hitch usually loves everything, and I generally hate everything GAB even slightly likes.

                                                  'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    Can't decide who are sicker, those who have radically changed their avatar or those stuck with the default.
                                                    I don't think dark avatars really work well now 'cos they're too small and hard to discern detail. I'd changed mine to dark but after one post have opted for something brighter.

                                                    (For those of you who care about such minutiae I've had three avatars, all black and white, since the site started: Mark E. Smith from The Fall live on stage; lead singer of a French black metal band live on stage; man pondering records. I think it's OK to have colour now!).
                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 23-05-20, 00:29.

                                                    Comment


                                                      The Brits seem determined to impose a disaster (Brexit) on top of the covid calamity. No Deal must be 1.07 at this point.

                                                      According to my Brussels sauces, the words 'fuck them' would now constitute the majority opinion.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                        Loved every Honda I ever had. Every Kawasaki was a disaster, though they had 'character'( had forgotten I had an ER5 too). I'm more tempted than ever to get an old Vespa now for the lols.
                                                        This post is a lot of fun if you read it as describing sexual partners, as prompted by EamonHonda reference.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                          Were you working in their place in Clonskeagh? I was only dealing with reception, and occasional other people that were difficult to contact, but it's unfair to compare them any other part of the civil service. Reminded me more of a badly run students union.
                                                          Am mostly in Finkles land, in the HQ.
                                                          Have been to Clonskeagh a few times a year, and you are right, most of them are decent beans.
                                                          Some are career admin people, and they do suck the will to live from you though.

                                                          It was my least favourite to visit, on account of traffic.
                                                          Also, Waterford to Castlebar/Monaghan offices were amazing for the expenses return and overnight allowance
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            The Brits seem determined to impose a disaster (Brexit) on top of the covid calamity. No Deal must be 1.07 at this point.

                                                            According to my Brussels sauces, the words 'fuck them' would now constitute the majority opinion.
                                                            Any thoughts on Keir Starmer? I've been impressed with him at PMQs, though I'm disturbed by his big hands
                                                            'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                                            Comment


                                                              Great to have Micknail back, he obv didn't like the layout of the old site ​​​​​​

                                                              Where's Icky and Riggs?
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                              Comment


                                                                Landscape forumming on the mobile is a hugely more relaxing experience atm
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                Comment


                                                                  This new set up is going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm at an age where all change is deeply disturbing!

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Landscape forumming on the mobile is a hugely more relaxing experience atm
                                                                    Anyway to make the site look that way in portrait?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      The Brits seem determined to impose a disaster (Brexit) on top of the covid calamity. No Deal must be 1.07 at this point.

                                                                      According to my Brussels sauces, the words 'fuck them' would now constitute the majority opinion.
                                                                      Perfect time, you can blame everything bad on Covid which came from foreigners

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Only realised there was a few more seasons of Brockmire recently. Man the writing in that show is just something else. Just grows and grows as the show goes on.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by RichieM View Post

                                                                          Perfect time, you can blame everything bad on Covid which came from foreigners
                                                                          Its kind of amazing that the UK media has close to zero discussion on the contrasts between Germany and UK.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Only realised there was a few more seasons of Brockmire recently. Man the writing in that show is just something else. Just grows and grows as the show goes on.
                                                                            Season 4 was the finale, aired recently, was running south in quality.
                                                                            Shades of him in you I think​​​​​​
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              GAB/Keane, anyone else having problems with the privacy checkbox thing before they can enable avatars, can you try to log out, then delete cookies/browsing info and then log in again? Might not work, but worth a shot.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                I logged in using incognito browser and made the change in settings and all good now.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 23-05-20, 00:07.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                                                                                    Season 4 was the finale, aired recently, was running south in quality.
                                                                                    Shades of him in you I think​​​​​​
                                                                                    Ah no! Finished the epic season 2, then the very different but rather touching season 3. Was hoping it would keep getting better.
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        What a sad loss he was. Troubled soul

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Eat your heart out Zuutroph
                                                                                           

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Ha! How many takes did that require?
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Was expecting that question . It was either 1st take or 500th. You decide .

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                The excited jubilation suggests many failed attempts.

                                                                                                A mic drop reaction would have pointed towards 1st attempt.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  1st take too.:-)


                                                                                                   

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    lol, brilliant. You're a good craic Da
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      it's a little stark in here, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Back to lurking for the most part.
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

                                                                                                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Love how unimpressed the kids are
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Love how unimpressed the kids are
                                                                                                          They are much like IPB .a tough audience.



                                                                                                           

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Joe Rogan podcast moving to Spotify. Getting a reported $100m for the deal.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              EYrlLPnXsAAbcIb?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                                                                              'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                Joe Rogan podcast moving to Spotify. Getting a reported $100m for the deal.
                                                                                                                How can he earn that back for them?
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Share price was up a billion on the news, so I guess people are expecting it to work.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    Joe Rogan podcast moving to Spotify. Getting a reported $100m for the deal.
                                                                                                                    Can't see that working out well.
                                                                                                                    One of the reasons he gets so many views is whatever the zeitgeist is and you search for it on YouTube he will inevitably turn up . Spotify doesn't work like that

                                                                                                                    Still though $100m. Thats insane money
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                                                      Can't see that working out well.
                                                                                                                      One of the reasons he gets so many views is whatever the zeitgeist is and you search for it on YouTube he will inevitably turn up . Spotify doesn't work like that

                                                                                                                      Still though $100m. Thats insane money
                                                                                                                      Probably a bit like the Xirius / Stern deal, or in the UK the Chris Evans / Capital radio deal way back when. It acts as a figurehead of legitimacy. The man seems to be the Howard Stern of today in terms of popularity.
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Dominic Cummings seems to think rules don't apply to a man of his advanced intellect.

                                                                                                                        Boris isn't exactly a man of unshakeable loyalty so be interesting to see which way this plays, especially if the media decides this is a fun stick to beat the government with.

                                                                                                                        odds on Dom getting the boot?
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Dominic Cummings seems to think rules don't apply to a man of his advanced intellect.

                                                                                                                          Boris isn't exactly a man of unshakeable loyalty so be interesting to see which way this plays, especially if the media decides this is a fun stick to beat the government with.

                                                                                                                          odds on Dom getting the boot?
                                                                                                                          7/4 to go, 2/5 to stay is available in a where will he be on June 1st market. Id be max the 2/5 side of the bet.

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X