This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Yeah I'm missing the styles and like button too.
    Styles should be working now, but they don't add much variety unfortunately.

As with everything else, once I get time (which is a challenge) I'll look to tweak and add things.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Styles should be working now, but they don't add much variety unfortunately.

As with everything else, once I get time (which is a challenge) I'll look to tweak and add things.
      Yep got it now, thanks

Comment

Old School Style makes it much more readable. The default is torture on the eye's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
          Old School Style makes it much more readable. The default is torture on the eye's.
          Nah, the Aliceregular font in Oldschool is not good. Default has much nicer font. Defult or light blue FTW

Comment

gradient seems nicer tbh. still don't see likes though

Comment

Ah I know, I was only messing. We were never able to adhere to their rules once boards got too big and sterile for their own use, which partly contributed to you not being able or willing to mod the soccer forum like you wanted to.

That sparks twat gave me a card too while having a potshot at usu, but an Admin reversed my card and told him to stop being a twat. I can't find that thread though, maybe on a hidden forum now or something.
              Amazing to look back on, doesn't age well.

What I couldn't understand from looking back was - what was so different about how they wanted you to Mod it, what was so different from the rest of boards?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                gradient seems nicer tbh. still don't see likes though
                Gradient is good, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Amazing to look back on, doesn't age well.

What I couldn't understand from looking back was - what was so different about how they wanted you to Mod it, what was so different from the rest of boards?
                  Basically we refused to use red/yellow infraction cards or to really allow context properly. They wanted us to have loads of strict rules rather than too much of the "ah lads, cop on" type stuff we mostly used. A long time ago though now, so can't remember too many specifics.

I remember getting scolded like a child once for telling Ace to shove that rolleyes smilie up his hole. They don't like that sort of stuff.

Comment

My fav was when some super geek told me I was threading on fucking thin ice due to mustard thread trolling. He deleted my reply to maintain the upper hand . I know I know I know

Comment

The 'Like' button is hopefully available to all now.

Comment

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Change frightens me and makes me think of death

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                            My fav was when some super geek told me I was threading on fucking thin ice due to mustard thread trolling. He deleted my reply to maintain the upper hand . I know I know I know
                            You were quite the troll in the old days man.
                            Old age has mellowed you out
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

+1 for Gradient.

Miss seeing who thanked a post, wonder is that feature available. Can prob click in to see but it was nice them piling up underneath a post.

Was always a good indicator if a long post was tl;dr or not.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah you can click in to see actually.

Comment

It was set to latest post at top for a bit earlier and it really fucked my head up.

Comment

I was correct mostly. Sure it took you all a while to realise boards was up it's own arse. As Trump sez . Badge of honour .

Comment

it feels very minimalist, kinda stark. Like one of those kitchens that just all angles and surfaces with zero clutter

Comment

Dark Mode is the best of the options I went through.

Comment

Well hello there, this is nice. I think. Of no real interest to anyone, I am dug into Peaky Blinders on Netflix.
                                          9.30 start (after the news). 3.00 bed. Every night till it's finished. There yis are, I just wanted to post something in the "new" format. Its very bright or something, that's all I'm sayin' ... fair play 6starpool, thanks for getting us to the other side!

Comment

Just changed to dark mode there. I dunno. It's very dark.
                                            I know, picky, picky! Might try a few others and see where I land ...

Comment

Weird...
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Dark Mode is the best of the options I went through.
                                                OH MY GOD!! This new site is messing with the universe! Finally caught him forgetting the Opr sign off!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

OH MY GOD!! This new site is messing with the universe! Finally caught him forgetting the Opr sign off!
                                                  Nah, I am aware. New site and a new start. I did feel a certain level of anxiety straight after the post and thought about changing it. It even feels weird typing this while thinking of not adding it. I should have weaned off by maybe removing the r and see how that went.

Comment

Dark ainec
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fucking hell. I have a test site set up as well on a different url, but somehow the likes of zuutroy and hitch have managed to start posting there in stead of here, so I've had to disable that site for a bit. I've no idea how they found it, but I'll have to do any testing here instead.

Comment

Patriot was the best thing on TV since The Leftovers, an absolute gem in the sea of mediocrity that netflix's pisspoor algorithms have delivered onto us.
                                                        If you are one who was hoping for a third season the good news is Steve Conrad and Company went to a network called Epix and got to make what is essentially a riff on the theme of Patriot (or even a bizarre SE03 ) in the form of a show called Perpetual Grace LTD and it is wonderful. They added big names like Jimmi Simpson, Ben Kingsley , Damon Harriman, Jacki Weaver, Luis Guzman and an amazing couple of cameos from Timothy Spall to most of the cast of Patriot and while the characters are more or less that same roles as in Patriot no one plays the same character except maybe Jimmy Simpson who is a Michael Dorman lookalike playing the central role. Obv it was far too good to find an audience in Trump's America and it sounds like its not getting a second season. Hopefully Conrad will get to go on to greater things but for now this will do grand.
                                                        11/10 Highly recommended if you llke that kind of thing and 100% you should watch Patriot first.

Get it. Get the rhythm. Get the rhythm. There you go. There you fucking go.

Comment

Testing photo upload by posting my nomination for social isolation champion 2020
                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Did someone say we could try to use an app with this new bulletin board? Any app suggestions?
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Fucking hell. I have a test site set up as well on a different url, but somehow the likes of zuutroy and hitch have managed to start posting there in stead of here, so I've had to disable that site for a bit. I've no idea how they found it, but I'll have to do any testing here instead.
                                                              Fuckin leave them there

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                Patriot was the best thing on TV since The Leftovers, an absolute gem in the sea of mediocrity that netflix's pisspoor algorithms have delivered onto us.
                                                                If you are one who was hoping for a third season the good news is Steve Conrad and Company went to a network called Epix and got to make what is essentially a riff on the theme of Patriot (or even a bizarre SE03 ) in the form of a show called Perpetual Grace LTD and it is wonderful. They added big names like Jimmi Simpson, Ben Kingsley , Damon Harriman, Jacki Weaver, Luis Guzman and an amazing couple of cameos from Timothy Spall to most of the cast of Patriot and while the characters are more or less that same roles as in Patriot no one plays the same character except maybe Jimmy Simpson who is a Michael Dorman lookalike playing the central role. Obv it was far too good to find an audience in Trump's America and it sounds like its not getting a second season. Hopefully Conrad will get to go on to greater things but for now this will do grand.
                                                                11/10 Highly recommended if you llke that kind of thing and 100% you should watch Patriot first.

Comment

• 6starpool
                                                                  6starpool commented
                                                                  Editing a comment
                                                                  Also, have people noticed the comment feature? It's like an inline reply.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                Did someone say we could try to use an app with this new bulletin board? Any app suggestions?
                                                                I said something about it before, but backtracked on that when I investigated more.

Using this version of vbulletin allows you to essentially get a branded app that you can place on the apple app store and google play, but the total cost of doing that is another few hundred quid, plus there is a bit of effort involved so while it may be something I look at in future, I took it off the 'now' list.

Comment

There are two types of heavy machinery operators in the world :tren2:

Comment

I was getting redirected to that on my phone as well.

Comment

I was getting redirected to that on my phone as well.
                                                                      Weird. Has that stopped now?

Comment

Gradient works best for me. Text is small but I'm sure there's a way to deal with that.

Thanks 6starpool. Appreciate the effort

(Time for a new profile pic I think!)
                                                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 20-05-20, 21:52.

Comment

I hate having to get used to new things. Definitely getting old.

Comment

Assume you haven’t watched normal people?
                                                                            not sure is recommend it to a guy whose engine revs for Helen mirren

actually embarrassed about my Daisy Edgar-Jones crush

Comment

Dark ainec
                                                                              Yeah dark will have advantages.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                Gradient works best for me. Text is small but I'm sure there's a way to deal with that.

Thanks 6starpool. Appreciate the effort

(Time for a new profile pic I think!)
                                                                                For some reason, profile pics not working yet. I'm working on it! They should be working, but aren't.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice.

Dd you get a chance to watch Once Were Brother yet ?
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Assume you haven’t watched normal people?
                                                                                      not sure is recommend it to a guy whose engine revs for Helen mirren

actually embarrassed about my Daisy Edgar-Jones crush

Not yet, I haven't read the book yet and I think I would like to first, I have read her other one I think she's a fine writer.

Soeaking of Dame Helen she did a reading of John Donne's great love poem The Sun Rising live from her boudoir a few weeks ago, amazing!

Can't find the clip on youtube there is a promo for it here

and its still on the iPlayer at the last few minutes of this

Comment

Any of you watched Cantona and inhuman resources? Thoughts ?

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

the font changes if you move form one style to another...weird

Sure a few avatars and custom taglines will brighten the new place up no end until we get the furniture in

Comment

Weird. Has that stopped now?
                                                                                              I think it's still happening with some of the shortcuts I've saved on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                the font changes if you move form one style to another...weird

Sure a few avatars and custom taglines will brighten the new place up no end until we get the furniture in
                                                                                                not that weird in fairness.
                                                                                                Styles is really it's own cottage industry in vbulletin world and making the site appear different is the point. You get get loads of free and paid ones on the web.
                                                                                                The wrinkle is not all styles support all the other bits and bobs in regards addons (say showing users who thanked a post etc) or spoiler tags etc

As per SP's suggestion, I'm liking dark now rather than old school. Handy in work environments as meshes a bit with my VS themes.

Comment

The Green Party are making themselves look pretty fucking amateur here. Why on earth would you have a leadership contest right at the very moment of your maximum political leverage?

Comment

The Green Party are making themselves look pretty fucking amateur here. Why on earth would you have a leadership contest right at the very moment of your maximum political leverage?
                                                                                                    I think they'd have a lot more leverage if they ditched Eamonn Ryan

Comment

I think they'd have a lot more leverage if they ditched Eamonn Ryan
                                                                                                      In the middle of the negotiations for a PfG? Are you serious?

Comment

Half-serious maybe? Ryan is surely GP's biggest issue nationwide.

Comment

Half-serious maybe? Ryan is surely GP's biggest issue nationwide.
                                                                                                          LOL if you think Catherine Martin would go down better outside D4

Ryan will be capable of delivering a decent proportion of their agenda while carrying the government with him from month to month.I doubt Martin, if she would even go into government, would last three months before she walks out whenever her first unicorn demand is not met.

Comment

Eamonn Ryan is a bit of a smiling idiot though.

Comment

Dip out of the site for a couple weeks and everything has changed, thankfully I still have the keys for the place

On a personal note I've created a new photography website for myself over the last couple weeks, will be a work in progress trying to learn bits & bobs, if y'all have a minute could you give it the once over and let me know what you think, if you spot mistakes etc please drop me a line. Flushdraw has reached out to me about some SEO stuff so looking forward to picking his brain.

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 21-05-20, 10:15.
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

LOL if you think Catherine Martin would go down better outside D4

Ryan will be capable of delivering a decent proportion of their agenda while carrying the government with him from month to month.I doubt Martin, if she would even go into government, would last three months before she walks out whenever her first unicorn demand is not met.
                                                                                                                Sorry, yeah - only half paying attention and managed to ignore the fact that Catherine Martin wouldn't go into government. I don't know that there's any great level of disdain for Martin outside of D4? Is she well-known enough for anyone to have any major opinions? Ryan is just a walking tower of cringe. 'We'll be ready with our salads' I find more personally mortifying than most of what Danny says.

It's a huge opportunity for them to get a bunch of their agenda implemented alright. I think if they had someone a bit more savvy and less earnest than Ryan as the public face it would serve them better in the next year or two.

Comment

Eamonn Ryan is a bit of a smiling idiot though.
                                                                                                                  Most idiots are smiling, have you ever noticed?

They must know something we don't.

Comment

I think if they had someone a bit more savvy and less earnest than Ryan as the public face it would serve them better in the next year or two.
                                                                                                                    the Greens are non-savvy and unbearably earnest; that's their thing

Comment

the Greens are non-savvy and unbearably earnest; that's their thing
                                                                                                                      There is that.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Dip out of the site for a couple weeks and everything has changed, thankfully I still have the keys for the place

On a personal note I've created a new photography website for myself over the last couple weeks, will be a work in progress trying to learn bits & bobs, if y'all have a minute could you give it the once over and let me know what you think, if you spot mistakes etc please drop me a line. Flushdraw has reached out to me about some SEO stuff so looking forward to picking his brain.

https://dannymaxwellphotography.com/
                                                                                                                        I know it's your name, but I'd be concerned that people might confuse you with Maxwell photography. http://maxwellphotography.ie/
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X