Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

    I have TV, broadband, home phone (lol) and mobile from Vodafone for 79 a month.
    It's an excellent deal imo
    what are you doing paying for TV?

    Comment


      [QUOTE=jbravado;n1702364]

      How do you know what people are weighing up or not. From where are you casting this judgement. The people I know who are anti, live in a way, that tries to honour every sentient creature there is. They treat their bodies as such. Cold water. Fruit. Veg. No meat. No refined sugar. No processed shite. No alcohol. No porn. Sit with themselves. Read. Actually read and try and learn from the wisdom of the past.

      You think its these people who are making you sick!????? but Come in and collect two free donuts with your vax cert. Do you think this ever stops now, given we KNOW how academia in medical science has been suppressed by the economics of pharma.

      Have you read the literature on natural immunity, V Vax. Where is the let's see if you have antibodies, and give you your immunity card. I mean, again this is all lunacy. What is the rational, the logic for vaccination here.

      I choose personally to dissociate from society in various extents long ago. My idea of hell is a shirt and an office. They cant hold anything over me. My garden has food. I have a home. I will ultimately reach a place where I reject money as a concept and give anything I do have away. I am not there yet. I think we should all be rejecting huge chunks of our conditioned acceptance of what society looks like.

      A society that walks past people starving in the cold. Yeah that can fuck off. A disconnect that doesnt bring them in to warmth and heat and kindness. A significant portion of the global consciousness who have been gaslight into nodding and saying yep, you should no longer have a choice what we decide to out into your body.

      Utter insanity. Some really interesting pieces coming our collective psychosis, arriving from the world, which it always has, functioning as a cult. I'll try and link some stuff when I'm less rabied tilted.

      Really bowing out of this conversation now to protect my well being.

      First bolded bit....
      Agree with this. You can make yourself very sick sticking eith a job you hate. Like death by a thousand cuts.


      Second bolded bit....
      Me: Oh me me me....pick me
      Brainwait a minute, hes never going to go for that, pretend it's for a good cause)

      Me: Of course the money will be for the orphanage I'm setting up..sob..those poor little kids
      Brain (Smooth! .."bright lights in the city going to set my soul on fire")

      Me: Viva las Vegas!




      Last edited by dinekes; 18-09-21, 09:15.

      Comment


        Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        Do you guys recognize that, or are you literally ignoring the fact that taking away someone's right to work, provide for their family, is taking away their choice. It is implicit coercion. You, all, deep down know this, and if you ignore it, you are just not a the wheel. You are no longer there.Too comfortable. Too sedated.
        Where has anyone right to work been taken away?
        Honest question, I’m a bit sick of the news so haven’t been keeping up.

        Imagine being a nurse or a doctor, and there are plenty, who stood fighting this for 18 months, and now being told, get this or we are taking away your right to the job they worked hard to get and maintain. Taking care of us.
        Certain professions were always require to be vaccinated. Nobody had an issue with it then, it was seen as common sense.

        Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        Delicious. What that people can die. Loe their jobs. Wow. Man. Seriously fucking wow.
        Its more likely that people will die due to not being vaccinated. Savings lives is not really a very good argument in favour of not being vaccinated. The net death count is presumably much lower
        Even more bizarrely, a year ago anti-Vaxers were claiming that the flu kills more (false), and pointing out that people get sick and die all the time to undermine the 1000s that had died. Quite the 180 if those same people are now outraged at single deaths.
        In a similar fashion, I find it funny that many anti-abortionists are suddenly big advocates for bodily autonomy.


        FWIW I strongly believe that people have the right to choose what they do with their body. Nobody should take the right to choose off of them.
        People are delusional is they expect their choices to not have consequences.


        Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        You do understand, you can be IN FAVOUR, Of getting vaxxed, actually vaxxed, and hold this belief. Who dies? Lost of people have died to Covid.
        I don’t really follow the logic here. Lots have died from Covid. Literally millions. It’s tragedic. That’s why people should be vaccinated.
        How is that in anyway on the anti-vax side.
        Last edited by Mellor; 18-09-21, 09:54.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Emmet View Post

          what are you doing paying for TV?
          It is literally never used but handy for the FIL's room
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

          Comment


            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            People who are anti vaxx aren't weighing up medical evidence and making a conscious decision. They're making completely irrational decisions. They're choosing to dissociate from society.
            100%.

            The vaccines are safe and effective. They protect you and the people around you.

            I guess we're lucky in Ireland (being a small and still reasonably homogenous society) that >90% of people have accepted this. It's pretty terrifying what's happened in the US (usually vaccinated opportunists stoking up the negative emotions of their thicker than pigshit audiences).
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              Also - on the subject of anti-vaxxers, are there any real world consequences for the fucking eejits that pulled that fella out of hospital (he is now dead)?

              Doesn't sit well with me at all.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                Also - on the subject of anti-vaxxers, are there any real world consequences for the fucking eejits that pulled that fella out of hospital (he is now dead)?

                Doesn't sit well with me at all.
                They got some likes on Facebook and retweets?

                Which is all they're about really, let's not dress it up as anything deeper.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                  They got some likes on Facebook and retweets?

                  Which is all they're about really, let's not dress it up as anything deeper.
                  Is there no legislation that covers mis-information leading to death/illness or anything like that?

                  I'm all for personal accountability, but the coercion was evident from the videos posted. Is there anything that renders liability to the 'pressuriser' there?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Also - on the subject of anti-vaxxers, are there any real world consequences for the fucking eejits that pulled that fella out of hospital (he is now dead)?

                    Doesn't sit well with me at all.
                    Ah, that's awful! The poor fella, and he looked so...sort of confused and slightly desperate in his chair with people talking at him ffs. Ended up just going with the louder guy.

                    The people who did this will most likely point the finger at the hospital saying he was too far gone with their evil witchcraft and he couldn't be saved. These activists will still see themselves as the good guy no matter how many people they kill.

                    "Come with me my friend"









                    Comment


                      On a bit of a downer now, thinking of the look in that old fellas eyes. Going to do some work then get some mountain air and sun.


                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post

                        Proof of recovery from the illness is accepted in Italy, not sure why it wouldn't be accepted here.
                        It is.
                        Turning millions into thousands

                        Comment


                          Antibodies accepted
                          So it's all much ado about nothing . Go home BBV you are drunk.


                          Docs nor hospital will look at kid despite temp 39.5 last night and 38.5 still today. Poor fecker is a trooper , puking then slagging himself in between the misery of it. Standard covid test later.

                          Comment


                            So the same logic should be applied for the flu jab right?
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                              On a bit of a downer now, thinking of the look in that old fellas eyes. Going to do some work then get some mountain air and sun.

                              Don't take this the wrong way but Joe probably had strong anti-vax leanings before he ever got sick. Not sure his death has been officially confirmed.



                              On the other hand this guy deserves everything that's coming to him.......

                              https://the-beacon.ie/2021/09/16/man...r-right-party/
                              Last edited by Wombatman; 18-09-21, 11:15.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                              Comment


                                Robert Durst convicted of murder today, finally.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  Robert Durst convicted of murder today, finally.
                                  Great documentary.
                                  did it play any part in the trial or anything?
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                    It is literally never used but handy for the FIL's room
                                    Would many of ye have just given up the telly altogether? (not watching shows, but watching TV channels)
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      So the same logic should be applied for the flu jab right?
                                      That you need to be vaccinated for work? It already is in some places. Had a job 3 years ago that required me to be vaccinated for Hepatitis and Flu because I would occasionally be in nursing homes, in schools for kids with health issues and in places where needles are present.

                                      I didnt even consider questioning it, I just got the vaccines. Not sure why anyone would have an issue with a covid vaccine requirement either given how rampant it still is.

                                      Comment


                                        A big haggle of excited kids at the kids party in GoQuest Junior (a cool kids party idea for anyone in the market for such). Watch a video explaining all the cool things to be done and then the person from GoQuest says 'any questions?'

                                        Cue an ambush of constant fire questions:


                                        Where's the toilet? It's to the right

                                        What happens if you are going to the toilet and turn left?

                                        Can more than one person go to the toilet?

                                        If we wait outside how will we know if the toilet is occupied or locked?

                                        What if we're in the middle of a challenge and want to go to the toilet?

                                        Will the team lose points if one of their members is at the toilet?

                                        What if we go to the toilet in the middle of a challenge and we come back and our team has left for another challenge.


                                        I don't know how teachers handle it.

                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                        Comment


                                          Day 21 of The Shingles. A memorable illness. Pain still there at about 30% of what it was. Hopefully finished soon.

                                          In a related note. I can't bring the kids to the pool at whilst we're away here in Fota so I'll have to go to the bar on my own. Perfect.

                                          Anyone have any fancies in Navan or Gowran that I can punt whilst bored?

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                                            Don't take this the wrong way but Joe probably had strong anti-vax leanings before he ever got sick. Not sure his death has been officially confirmed.



                                            On the other hand this guy deserves everything that's coming to him.......

                                            https://the-beacon.ie/2021/09/16/man...r-right-party/
                                            I don't get the implication of this - that he deserves it? Joe, for all his prior failings and possible life-long stupidity, was clearly a man scared to death in his videos and not thinking straight, and clinged on to the misleading hope given to him by people in full possession of their mental marbles. That probably helped him die by depriving him of continuous oxygen supply.
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                              100%.

                                              The vaccines are safe and effective. They protect you and the people around you.

                                              I guess we're lucky in Ireland (being a small and still reasonably homogenous society) that >90% of people have accepted this. It's pretty terrifying what's happened in the US (usually vaccinated opportunists stoking up the negative emotions of their thicker than pigshit audiences).
                                              Alex Foxen and Kristen Bicknell along with a few other people in the high-stakes poker community have been very vocally anti-vax. Those two mentioned play in the high roller circuit which means they make a living competing in some of the toughest games in the world which requires them to make informed, rational, and logical decisions. I am not sure you can say this is all just stupid people being stupid.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                Alex Foxen and Kristen Bicknell along with a few other people in the high-stakes poker community have been very vocally anti-vax. Those two mentioned play in the high roller circuit which means they make a living competing in some of the toughest games in the world which requires them to make informed, rational, and logical decisions. I am not sure you can say this is all just stupid people being stupid.
                                                I dont think you can cite poker proess as an exemption from the dumbfuckery involved with anti vacers.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                  Day 21 of The Shingles. A memorable illness. Pain still there at about 30% of what it was. Hopefully finished soon.

                                                  In a related note. I can't bring the kids to the pool at whilst we're away here in Fota so I'll have to go to the bar on my own. Perfect.

                                                  Anyone have any fancies in Navan or Gowran that I can punt whilst bored?
                                                  forest of dreams 3.25 gowren park

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                                                    Great documentary.
                                                    did it play any part in the trial or anything?
                                                    Yeah great documentary.
                                                    I’m not sure if statements in the documentary are admissible. But the whole trial was cover as a podcast over the last year.

                                                    https://crimestory.com/2020/07/14/pr...-robert-durst/

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                      I dont think you can cite poker proess as an exemption from the dumbfuckery involved with anti vacers.
                                                      The point I was trying to make is that often from one side I see this undercurrent of superiority where people love to be trying to draw some dots between intelligence and vaccine views. The examples I gave are obviously very intelligent people.

                                                      It is Saturday afternoon. The last thing I want to be currently at with my time is discussing anti-vax shit

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                        Alex Foxen and Kristen Bicknell along with a few other people in the high-stakes poker community have been very vocally anti-vax. Those two mentioned play in the high roller circuit which means they make a living competing in some of the toughest games in the world which requires them to make informed, rational, and logical decisions. I am not sure you can say this is all just stupid people being stupid.
                                                        It seems to be disproportionately common in jiu-jitsu/gym owners. I assume they have been hit hard with lockdown. And the frustration is manifesting as anti-lockdown/anti-vaxx rhetoric.
                                                        It’s not unreasonable to think that high stakes live poker has been similarly crippled and are similarly frustrated.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Been watching The Wire back since someone mentioned it a few weeks back. One thing I had forgotten is the plethora of great minor characters (like everyone will remember all the major characters like McNulty, Bunk, Barksdale, Stringer etc).

                                                          The white drug dealer in Season 2 who acts like he's black ('do ya feel me, my n***?') just cracks me up entirely.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                            Alex Foxen and Kristen Bicknell along with a few other people in the high-stakes poker community have been very vocally anti-vax. Those two mentioned play in the high roller circuit which means they make a living competing in some of the toughest games in the world which requires them to make informed, rational, and logical decisions. I am not sure you can say this is all just stupid people being stupid.
                                                            Aren't they engaged to be married.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              Yeah great documentary.
                                                              I’m not sure if statements in the documentary are admissible. But the whole trial was cover as a podcast over the last year.

                                                              https://crimestory.com/2020/07/14/pr...-robert-durst/
                                                              Pretty awful indictment of the system that he managed to stay out of jail for more than 2 decades after killing his victim. He must be 80-odd (emphasis on the odd) now?
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                                                It seems to be disproportionately common in jiu-jitsu/gym owners. I assume they have been hit hard with lockdown. And the frustration is manifesting as anti-lockdown/anti-vaxx rhetoric.
                                                                It’s not unreasonable to think that high stakes live poker has been similarly crippled and are similarly frustrated.
                                                                If it was just about lack of games and playing I would have thought they would be massively in favor of taking vaccines and encourage everyone to do the same so they can get back to normality? I haven't looked into it a huge amount but they seem to be deep down the rabbit hole on the anti-vax side. Their views recently came to light around the WSOP's decision to only allow people who are vaccinated to play.





                                                                Last edited by Opr; 18-09-21, 14:48.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                  The point I was trying to make is that often from one side I see this undercurrent of superiority where people love to be trying to draw some dots between intelligence and vaccine views. The examples I gave are obviously very intelligent people.

                                                                  It is Saturday afternoon. The last thing I want to be currently at with my time is discussing anti-vax shit
                                                                  I was basically talking about the kind of people who watch Fox or OAN. And being manipulated by the likes of Tucker Carlson or the various proto-Trumps out there.

                                                                  But yeah, wouldn't be making excuses for anyone at this stage for being anti-vax. There's no two sides to this.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                    If it was just about lack of games and playing I would have thought they would be massively in favor of taking vaccines and encourage everyone to do the same so they can get back to normality? I haven't looked into it a huge amount but they seem to be deep down the rabbit hole on the anti-vax side. Their views recently came to light around the WSOP's decision to only allow people who are vaccinated to play.

                                                                    Seems to be an absolutely perfect example of what we started talking about last night?

                                                                    i.e. you have the choice not to take the vaxx. Governments and organisations however also have the choice to mandate that you do, in order to protect others.

                                                                    Particularly given the nature of the poker environment, the WSOP's decision seems like a clear no-brainer.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                      Seems to be an absolutely perfect example of what we started talking about last night?

                                                                      i.e. you have the choice not to take the vaxx. Governments and organisations however also have the choice to mandate that you do, in order to protect others.

                                                                      Particularly given the nature of the poker environment, the WSOP's decision seems like a clear no-brainer.
                                                                      I think the decision by them is completely fair and logical. The mad thing is that while it is mandating that players are vaccinated, under labour laws currently they can't mandate it to the staff so you are going to end up with a situation where all the players require it but none of the dealers or other staff which is a complete mess.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        RTE Doc on One today was a timely telling of the story of Typhoid Mary. Lots of interesting takes on it that reflect the discussion here last night, not least in her self interested denial of the fact that she was a carrier.

                                                                        https://www.rte.ie/radio/podcasts/22...-typhoid-mary/
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                          I think the decision by them is completely fair and logical. The mad thing is that while it is mandating that players are vaccinated, under labour laws currently they can't mandate it to the staff so you are going to end up with a situation where all the players require it but none of the dealers or other staff which is a complete mess.
                                                                          Is that correct? There's loads of examples of American employers, public and private, mandating vaccines. Like Walmart, Google and Goldman Sachs to name a few.

                                                                          Maybe just a Nevada thing?
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                            If it was just about lack of games and playing I would have thought they would be massively in favor of taking vaccines and encourage everyone to do the same so they can get back to normality?
                                                                            Their self interest is in getting the stupidest and richest people back into the game and there is a pretty clear correlation between being a republican moron with money and not getting vaxxed
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                              Is that correct? There's loads of examples of American employers, public and private, mandating vaccines. Like Walmart, Google and Goldman Sachs to name a few.

                                                                              Maybe just a Nevada thing?
                                                                              It could be a state thing. Are you sure those companies are mandating vaccine proof to return to work? I work for a big American company. The line is that they want to know people's vaccine status and are pushing them to take the vaccine hard but it isn't a requirement to return. I think the status is a requirement. This is apparently so they can provide safer working conditionals based on this information. Going to put the unvaccinated in the basement
                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 18-09-21, 15:08.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                                The point I was trying to make is that often from one side I see this undercurrent of superiority where people love to be trying to draw some dots between intelligence and vaccine views. The examples I gave are obviously very intelligent people.
                                                                                Seems to me that the majority of Anti vaxxers pass as 'very intelligent' but that does nothing to protect them from being complete and utter gobshites.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Opr View Post

                                                                                  It could be a state thing. Are you sure those companies are mandating vaccine proof to return to work? I work for a big American company.
                                                                                  Yes
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Been watching The Wire back since someone mentioned it a few weeks back. One thing I had forgotten is the plethora of great minor characters (like everyone will remember all the major characters like McNulty, Bunk, Barksdale, Stringer etc).

                                                                                    The white drug dealer in Season 2 who acts like he's black ('do ya feel me, my n***?') just cracks me up entirely.
                                                                                    I've also been watching it since for whatever reason my sky box started filling up with episodes last month. Up to the end of S03 now and its all just so great.
                                                                                    There is a fairly lowkey episode in the middle of S02 where we meet PropJoe the Russian lad and Zuutroy and Prop Joe is fixing a toaster as he reluctantly agrees to spare Ziggy's life, everything about that scene and the whole episode is nailed on perfect.

                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      From doing a little digging it looks more like they are already having trouble getting staff to fill the event so adding more restrictions such as a vaccine mandate is probably felt makes that even harder. The situation of requiring players to be but not having them vaccinated seems ludicrous.

                                                                                      As with all Caesars Entertainment Team Members, WSOP Team Members are strongly encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Caesars is committed to making vaccination easy and accessible for all Team Members. Additionally, the Company is providing significant incentives for Team Members who choose to be vaccinated.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        I wanted to watch The Wire again myself but the wife doesn't fancy it. We've very little TV time so she wants to invest in something new. Pretty sure we've watched it three times.

                                                                                        Guy in work recommends OZ, yay or nay?
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Am also just at the end of S2 of The Wire. Thoroughly enjoying it even on my third rewatch.
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Just at the part where Frank Sobotka gets knelt, always gets me the way it's shot, him walking to his fate and the screen cuts to black

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            I wanted to watch The Wire again myself but the wife doesn't fancy it. We've very little TV time so she wants to invest in something new. Pretty sure we've watched it three times.

                                                                                            Guy in work recommends OZ, yay or nay?
                                                                                            Not sure about Oz but if you like the Wire then i'd recommend The Shield. One that you don't often hear mentioned amongst the all time greats but most definitely up there.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              I never forget the 1st time I saw an episode of the Wire. Was in a crappy hotel room in Cuba some odd 15 years ago on a TV that looked like it was made in the 80s and was instantly hooked.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                I was basically talking about the kind of people who watch Fox or OAN. And being manipulated by the likes of Tucker Carlson or the various proto-Trumps out there.

                                                                                                But yeah, wouldn't be making excuses for anyone at this stage for being anti-vax. There's no two sides to this.
                                                                                                Yes there is. You have become the most arrogant individual. You recognize that are now maybe ten people who post here. Max. Close to zero new posters. I'm not sure where this superiority comes from. I'm done though. Going to delete this account.

                                                                                                I'd be happy to take any IQ test with you and see how it runs out. There are INCREDIBLY profound, and gifted, talented elite achievers who have serious reservations about what is going on. They for the most part agree that vaccines are great. Even this one is great. But people have a fucking right to decide what goes into your body.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by jbravado View Post

                                                                                                  Yes there is.
                                                                                                  ...
                                                                                                  But people have a fucking right to decide what goes into your body.
                                                                                                  Have a listen to that doc about typhoid Mary and come back and tell me if you think they were right or wrong to quarantine her.


                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    I wanted to watch The Wire again myself but the wife doesn't fancy it. We've very little TV time so she wants to invest in something new. Pretty sure we've watched it three times.

                                                                                                    Guy in work recommends OZ, yay or nay?
                                                                                                    Oz isn't bad but not really female friendly imo.

                                                                                                    Watch justified, you won't be disappointed. Definitely one of my fav series.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by jbravado View Post

                                                                                                      But people have a fucking right to decide what goes into your body.
                                                                                                      I don't think (but could be wrong) that i've seen anyone disagree with this. But it would be misguided to think that it can't have knock-on consequences.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                        I've also been watching it since for whatever reason my sky box started filling up with episodes last month. Up to the end of S03 now and its all just so great.
                                                                                                        There is a fairly lowkey episode in the middle of S02 where we meet PropJoe the Russian lad and Zuutroy and Prop Joe is fixing a toaster as he reluctantly agrees to spare Ziggy's life, everything about that scene and the whole episode is nailed on perfect.
                                                                                                        Shame to let a good toaster get away over a frayed cord.
                                                                                                        .

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                          Have a listen to that doc about typhoid Mary and come back and tell me if you think they were right or wrong to quarantine her.

                                                                                                          I have no idea who or what that is.

                                                                                                          And If I listen to that will you critically engage with material I provide for you. Not teenage conspiracy theorists or arm chair warriors, or rabied anti vaxxed but people fall more intelligent and versed in all this than all of this. I doubt it right. Or maybe youd be like sure. Hopefully that, and hopefully I could find the same tolerance.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Oz was groundbreaking. No Oz, no The Wire. I used to be very exited to watch it every Thursday night at about 11 pm on Channel 4. It's as hard-hitting as they come, so it depends on your tolerance for violence. I absolutely loved it at the time.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Degag View Post

                                                                                                              Not sure about Oz but if you like the Wire then i'd recommend The Shield. One that you don't often hear mentioned amongst the all time greats but most definitely up there.
                                                                                                              Cheers man, we've seen it. You're right, it doesn't get the love it deserves. Great show.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                                Have a listen to that doc about typhoid Mary and come back and tell me if you think they were right or wrong to quarantine her.

                                                                                                                Mad coincidence that I mentioned her story last night and it's a recently aired documentary . I guess on the other hand its topical.

                                                                                                                On the wacko side of things , it's coming up to my sisters anniversary and have been watching some paranormal documentaries. ( we cling onto the redic at times ) . Anyhow one of the points was to suggest something unusual as a sign from the other side. So I asked for a ladybird to land on my arm within 12 hours . A few hours later the youngest wacks me on the arm with his new book just picked from Easons in Liffey valley . A Ladybird book he randomly selected.

                                                                                                                I know I know but still .

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  The Wire was the 1st series that everyone insisted upon . Lived up to the hype.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    The missus is a tough un, she'd be well up for a violent show.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                      The Wire was the 1st series that everyone insisted upon . Lived up to the hype.
                                                                                                                      Yeah, I remember first hearing about it here. From Norwich Fan Rob iirc.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                                                        Mad coincidence that I mentioned her story last night and it's a recently aired documentary . I guess on the other hand its topical.

                                                                                                                        On the wacko side of things , it's coming up to my sisters anniversary and have been watching some paranormal documentaries. ( we cling onto the redic at times ) . Anyhow one of the points was to suggest something unusual as a sign from the other side. So I asked for a ladybird to land on my arm within 12 hours . A few hours later the youngest wacks me on the arm with his new book just picked from Easons in Liffey valley . A Ladybird book he randomly selected.

                                                                                                                        I know I know but still .
                                                                                                                        Coincidences are fascinating.

                                                                                                                        I remember one time being in the queue of a petrol station and thinking for a moment the guy in front was a lad I was friends with in school who I hadn't seen in 25 years. Almost said hello.

                                                                                                                        Was in a different petrol station the next day, over near the airport and bumped into the actual guy.



                                                                                                                        ​​​​
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          I think I may have told that story here before and HJ said it was unremarkable.

                                                                                                                          Could be wrong.

                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X